iSqFt Reviews & Product Details

What do you like best?

The most appealing thing about this program is the customer support. But what makes it my favorite is the amount of work available to bid on. I sold over 900K in construction work this year 85% of it came from open bids and invites from GC's. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

My only discouragement is not with the program but with the people who use it incorrectly. Some GCs who do not know how to use will just dump their plans in here thinking I have the time to sort through their mess. I don't too many good GCs on here to even worry about their projects Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to be fishing in the deep end of the bid pool this is where to do it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The way they use keywords to flag you on what your looking saves time and time is money. The ability to go back years and check the original bid specs is an amazing thing. How many times have you had a person use updated plans or specs to try to get you to pay for something? plenty of times for me and I can go back to the original plans and prove myself right or wrong. I also like that I can request a project and Isqft will go to the owner and get the plans the list of plan holders so I never miss a player. Nothing like working 2 weeks on a bid to find out your the low man but there was that one GC you didnt know about that was awarded the job but you didnt get your quote to him. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

iSqFt Overview

What is iSqFt?

iSqFt allows you to manage your bid process and streamline your vendor selection, project sharing and document distribution.

iSqFt Details
Discussions
iSqFt Community

ConstructConnect
2016
Cincinnati, OH
@ConstructConnx

iSqFt Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the iSqFt community
Have you used iSqFt before?

iSqFt Reviews

Showing 15 iSqFt reviews
Already have iSqFt?
What do you like best?

The website might look outdated, but personally I prefer the more "classic" look. It's easy to navigate, simple to look at, and everything is right there when I need it. Project plans are easy to locate and download, no hiding behind a gazillion folders. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It can sometimes be a bit slow if I'm downloading a large file--but of course it's a large file, so that's why. I also get a LOOOOOT of bid invites from this every day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

iSqFt is easy to use--I've not uploaded my own files on it, but I frequently browse other contractor files and all the information I need for the bid (due date, number of addendums, addresses, contractor notes, etc) is easy to locate. Everything is simple and easy to locate. Maybe I'm strange, but I like the "older" look of the website as opposed to a "sleeker" or more modern design. Might sound weird but it makes everything easier to find. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I generally use iSqFt to receive and manage projects I'm bidding on, so I use it a LOT in conjunction with getting plans from contractors and occasionally submitting bids through it. Sometimes I wish my company used it to get plans to OUR vendors, as occasionally plan files are too big to send over email. Everything is organized right where I need it from the GCs we bid to. I can let someone know I'm bidding a project as well as submit bids, if I so chose, though I generally send mine over email just for ease of communication and recording on my end. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

iSqFT is extremely helpful when looking for information regarding any job you may be bidding. It has several resources that make an estimator's job much easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The site is a bit boring to look at, but at the end of the day - who cares when it's this effective? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure to use all of the resources available through the website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have been much more organized since I started using iSqFT Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Engineer
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
What do you like best?

The program is free and easy to access online through any device. Contractors just send a link in the email so it avoids having to send large files and risk them bouncing back through the server. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is a lot going on on the page and the text is very small. There are multiple tabs to be opened and some information is difficult to find because it could be located in multiple places (i.e. job description, timeline, bidders). The large banner ads are also very distracting as they pull your attention away from the tiny text and are placed between the tabs at the top and the information below. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This avoids sending large files through email, which can get bounced back by servers that only accept a limited size of attachments. This also allows the bidder to respond "bid" or "no bid" with a click of a button so there is no confusion. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The simplicity of this software is amazing and also the wide database they have makes it very effective. Bulk invitations and the controllability makes it perfect. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is a little overpriced as compared to the competitors like Building connected. Also, I just got to know that building connected is providing the basic tool for free and only charges for premium services and tools so this is one thing ISQFT must look into. That's the only thing I dislike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try using this software if you get a chance, it is very user-friendly with the wide database. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is very useful to us since we invite all our subcontractors through ISQFT and further, all the project information such as plans, RFI, addendums etc. are done through it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President/ Owner
Construction
What do you like best?

I like that every detail about the project from the location to the project manager to the drawings can all be uploaded in one space. This makes it easier for sub contractors to find what they need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing really to dislike, but I could suggest an improvement. ProCore has the option to submit bids right on their platform, but I do not see that option for subs on iSqFt Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If a GC is looking for a user friendly platform that their subs would also find user friendly, iSqFt is the way to go. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Every detail about the project from the location to the project manager to the drawings can all be uploaded in one space. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The interface is really nice and is very user friendly. The customizable dashboard makes it so you can see only what you want or need to see. You can track projects, review past projects, and keep track of items with the built in calendar. This all is included in the free version. With the paid version, you get faster access to projects, better communication tools, and perform take-offs that work hand in hand with excel Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really like the way this software operates and i don't have any negative comments other than I wish the full version was a little cheaper. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you aren't currently using a software like this to communicate between you and your subs during the bid process, you are killing your overhead by wasting time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has cut steps out of our process which, overall, saves us time. I can get 3x more jobs out for bid in a day then when i was doing it by hand using nothing but Outlook and our company's FTP site. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Chester Randall CEO
Construction
What do you like best?

Nothing I dislike this software for reviewing plans. When the Contractor send plans over via ISqFt I request that the plans be sent through DropBox or VIAthe email on a PDF Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Everything I dislike when a contractor send a request to bid through this program. unable to read the plans can't find the specification unable to see the line items just a mess User enemy NOT user friendly at all Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

NO NO NO NOT Not ever!!!!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

None I dislike this software I would recommend that ISqFt. redevelop there system!!!!!!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AB
What do you like best?

Being able to log on and get some very accurate project info for the bidding process and the ease of getting contact info that I would need to do a bid. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The whole takeoff software is flawed and very, very, very slow and time consuming. The only use I got out of this was being about to create a unit matrix when one wasn't provided. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just make sure that this software will be able to do the takeoff you need it to do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The only benefits I have garnered from this is the ability to download drawings and find projects to bid online. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the tabs at the top of the page that make it really easy to navigate Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I dislike about this website Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's quite easy to use, even the new people pick it up quick because of this Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is a reliable website for gathering contact and project information so we are no longer stressing over waiting on a response from a slow email correspondence regarding questions Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Used for file sharing. That's about it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Seemed a little difficult to maneuver around. Some files did not load. Definitely is not mobile friendly. As most of my work is done from a mobile platform, this is most important to me. Also have to weed through many projects that don't apply to my business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Seemed to send many projects not associated with my search criteria. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

None at the moment. I stopped using this service after a few months. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Streamlines the process for bidding. You can make it shareable to subcontractors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That it was/is a stand alone website for us. It doesn't integrate with our other programs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The ability to integrate information is crucial to me. Procore isn't our main PM software. If you don't need it or if you use Procore, this is perfect for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can communicate easier on projects out for bid my subs and takeoff information efficiently for accuracy in our bidding. Prequalify our subs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CC
What do you like best?

the keyword searches are great- We are a niche service so it helps us sort through all hte static to find promising projects Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It generates so many emails, and 80% dont apply. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It centralizes a list of active work in our area, and pinpoints projects we would might not know of otherwise. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UB
What do you like best?

I like the easy navigation and user friendly interface Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Everything runs smoothly using iSqFt. If I had to choose it would be the online tool will become unstable and freeze sometimes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are wanting to tack and monitor upcoming projects this software is for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This helps track down upcoming bids.. So that is a major problem solver. That is a major benefit in itself by no longer having to find upcoming projects to bid. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Their support staff is very helpful. Their programmers listen to user feedback and implement change quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The subcontractor database is messy and has invalid contacts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We needed to reach subs in new markets. This allows us to search for subs almost anywhere. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I really like this to move and download bid projects. I have a lot of clients using this to bid on projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is not much I dislike on this program. But if I had to say, at time the plan are not in a simply format to download. individuals versus single group of combined pdf's. It makes it a little tedious to have to check all boxes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Downloading bid documents Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.