Intercom Reviews & Product Details

EI
What do you like best?

Centralizing all customer communications in a single platform that can be accessed across departments, from customer support, success, product, QA, and development.

Segmented messaging and event tracking. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Would like to be able to query and report on user events - currently, we use Mixpanel for this, but it would be great to be able to see this in Intercom. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Intercom has helped us understand user behavior and troubleshoot customer issues. It's enabled us to provide very responsive and timely customer support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Kate Sugrue of Intercom

Thanks for leaving us this review and letting us know how Intercom has enabled your business to provide responsive and timely customer support.

I hear your frustration about reporting on events, in fact I came across that pain point just this morning. I'll make sure to add your feedback to my own :)

Intercom Overview

What is Intercom?

Intercom is a Conversational Relationship Platform (CRP). With Intercom, you can build better customer relationships through personalized, messenger-based experiences across the customer journey.

Intercom Details
Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, German, Greek, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, Hebrew, Croatian, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Mongolian, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovenian, Spanish, Serbian, Swedish, Turkish, Vietnamese, Chinese (Simplified)

Intercom allows you to communicate personally with every single customer.

What sets Intercom apart:
● With automated answers and interactive apps, Intercom’s Business Messenger enables more than just chat, so you and your customers can get things done efficiently.
● Build segments and trigger-based auto messages, allowing you to increase engagement by 2X and new feature adoption by serving the right messages at the right time.
● Cut first response times to support questions in half with an end-to-end support solution, and deliver great, real-time customer experiences with live chat.
● Connect to your existing tech stack with 100+ pre-built apps and integrations, a flexible API and free developer workspaces. Intercom fits neatly into what’s already working for you and your team.
● With Intercom, you’ll be supported by a dedicated team of sales and support specialists, providing best practices, industry insights, and help scaling your team with Intercom.

Intercom
2011
San Francisco, CA
@intercom

Intercom Videos

Intercom Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Intercom community
Have you used Intercom before?

Intercom Reviews

Showing 1,294 Intercom reviews
Showing 1,294 reviews
Already have Intercom?
Corporate Partnerships Specialist
Response from Kate Sugrue of Intercom

Hi Isaac,

Thanks so much for posting this video review of Intercom. It's great to hear we're helping with your lead generation and customer service efforts and that you find the platform so intuitive. You're right that there's a whole bunch of insights to be found in our reports and keep an eye on the 'what's new' section in Intercom as we have some more exciting updates planned that I think you'll love.

I'm so glad we were able to help you solve the notification sound issue. As Intercom is such a large part of many peoples' working day we know how important seemingly small features like that can be!

Growth Engineer
Response from Kate Sugrue of Intercom

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this video review Thibaut! I'm delighted to hear that Intercom is helping you deliver outstanding support to your customers, and that our automation and bots are scaling conversations and driving growth for your team.

Really great advice on planning ahead when it comes to putting a structure in place that will scale with your team and help you best hit your goals.

I'll make sure that the team who worked on Series hear your feedback as you're right that they are continually working on ways to make the feature even more powerful :)

Looking forward to hearing what you achieve next!

Operations Manager
What do you like best?

It's modern, easy to set-up, data loving, and always moving forward. Intercom has a plan for who they want to be and it shows in the software they build. I've used Olark, Zendesk, and Groove and Intercom does it best. When my customers go out of their way to mention how much like they like the chat tool you know that Intercom is doing something right.

Their data filtering is great once you start collecting that information. We've had so few issues(other then a pretty bad spam filter issue on Intercom's end) compared to the ongoing issues with Zendesk that we faced.

I appreciate the thought leadership role intercom has taken in doing customer support a certain way. They regularly release guides on doing customer support in an awesome way.

Support is awesome too, just feels like everyone is on the same page. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They are missing some flexibility one might normally see in other ticketing softwares, one is that they don't have auto replies to emails. They are auto replies to messenger chats, but none for incoming emails. They don't allow you to reply from an email other than your own user email, I get why it's that way, but it would be nice to have the option. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's where you want to be. I'd say you can reasonably trust Intercom to keep being good at what they do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We can group our customers emails and chats with an interface they have easy access to by logging in. We have a shared inbox where we can all jump on responding to.

We've recently starting posting via API data about our customers to Intercom so that we can start sending targeted messages to our customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Kate Sugrue of Intercom

Matthew thank you for leaving such a thorough and thoughtful review. I'm so happy to hear that you're seeing such success with Intercom and that you're fully utilizing our data capabilities to make your communications even more powerful.

We'll be doing work on our email and messaging functionality over the next few quarters so I'll make sure to flag yours with the team as I can definitely see the benefits.

Product Manager
What do you like best?

The infinite options to engage and share knowledge with our users in Epsagon through Intercom is just incredible.

Being able to set sequences of messages full of relevant content by the specific context our users at that moment and being able to integrate both in-product messages for highly engaged users and through Email helping us make sure we reach all relevant users.

Their API is convenient from dev perspective and the multiple OOTB integration they offer just makes my life easier and help me provide value to our users and customers.

Using the Intercom help desk and live chat for interacting with users and customers' requests for support and additional help is as simple as it can be. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In general - customization is somewhat limited, but not too much.

We tried the additional extended features like Product Tour for example, which is simple and easy to use, but customizing it to the extent that we would like isn't possible through Intercom. Though they allowed us to test it for a trial period before making a decision which is just amazing! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer requests for support and general help through help desk and live chat, email, and in-product messaging sequencing based on user intent and interactions, tracking user engagement in some way and collect customer information in a convenient way Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Kate Sugrue of Intercom

Thanks for leaving us such a thorough and thoughtful review Nadav. I'm delighted to hear that Intercom is helping you engage and educate your users so successfully!

I'm happy to hear you've tried our Product Tour feature too. If you have any specific request on how this could be improved for you please do let the team know through the messenger. I know for a fact that the Product Tours team are planning at the moment so they're very open to customer feedback.

Technical Support Lead
What do you like best?

Intercom helps us interact with our customers seamlessly. Bots, automated messages, easy customer segmentation features and the integrations offered by Intercom are worth a shot. The integrations offered by intercom is pretty useful, though I miss Google sheets integration, Strip, Slack integrations are making life a lot easier. The mobile push notification is a valuable feature if you have an Android/iOS application integrated with intercom. Intercom posts are also worth mentioning. It may look like a chat, but it carries more information. Intercom offers one of the best reporting systems. It not only includes open / click metrics but has an option to measure the goal! That's pretty extensive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Business plans! Not all of them offer everything. Something will be missing on all the plans, I believe. The support interactions are now redesigned and the incorrect automatic responses seems not helping. Addition of a visual flow builder is another good thing I'm missing here. Another not so important thing is, we can't change the notification sound. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You don't get the luxury of setting up conditional flows. However, messages can be automated based on a few available conditions. User segmentation is one of the beautiful feature intercom has. There are a lot of triggers we can use to segregate the user.

PS: It has AI inside it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Intercom helps us to solve our customer issues in real time. Certain small, minute features offered by intercom saves a lot of questions and time for both the customer and us, appreciate that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Kate Sugrue of Intercom

Thanks for leaving us such a detailed review Soorya, and for letting us know how Intercom is helping you seamlessly interact with your customers and save your team time.

The feedback you've left covers a number of different points so I'll make sure to feed this back to the right teams here. We're always listening to our customers to understand how we can continue to improve our offering and make our products as valuable as possible for you.

Analista de Relacionamento | Customer Success | Unidade de Justiça
What do you like best?

Intercom really changed the way how I work. I love how intuitive it is.

The way I can take information to users and how easy it is to do it.

Keeping all my messages organized in one place, separated by client and segmented in a personalized way is something that I like very much.

I really like the way Intercom allows us to interact immediately with each user within the system. It is practical, fast and safe. The user feels comfortable, as he receives the content directly within the software he uses for his day-to-day work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven't been able to try the new "series" feature yet, so I'm a little worried about having to move all the campaigns already made to the new feature. As the volume is huge, we will have a lot of work too. I believe this is my only complaint about Intercom at the moment. However, I know that as soon as I learn to tinker with the new functionality, it will change and I will get used to it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend everyone to try Intercom and use it as a tool in their daily work. Whatever your industry, marketing, technology, communication ... it doesn't matter. The Intercom will be useful for you. After all, customer success is a focus that every company should have. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Working directly as the customer success, my focus is to bring relevant and quality information to each of them. Intercom is a key tool in this process, bringing results and being essential for the satisfaction of this user.

I really like the peculiarities that Intercom has, such as the various options for reacting with emojis, different types of size in each message, ease of insertion of links and videos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Kate Sugrue of Intercom

Hi Karen, thanks for leaving us such a detailed review. It's great to hear that Intercom has changed the way you work and is helping you keep your customers satisfied and successful.

I can understand that moving your campaigns to Series will be a bit daunting but we have lots of training docs to help make this as easy as possible, and there's a 'copy to series' function too :) The team will be on hand via the messenger if you need any further guidance.

VP Engineering
What do you like best?

With Intercom we can support our users from when they are prospects through seasoned customers. I like the ability to do the following:

* Onboard new users with dynamic guided tours based on user-specific data

* Introduce new features to select groups of users

* Allow help articles to be used from within the app

* Help articles can be intelligently suggested to users asking questions in the chat

* The ability to get chat messages on our phones or the web app, from anywhere in the world

* The ease with which we can tell what the user was recently doing (pages, etc.)

* The ability to mob a chat call, inject fun gifs, and have back-channel notes to each other

Oh, and we are not a big user, but I feel like we have been given special treatment. We have been with Intercom for a long, long time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Hmmm.

Oh, It would be cool to allow articles to be added to multiple categories. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Intercom for customer support, self-service articles, and onboarding users communication about new features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Kate Sugrue of Intercom

Thanks for leaving us this review Jon. It sounds like you're leveraging a lot of the Intercom features and I'm glad to hear we're helping you stay personal throughout the customer journey, from prospect to long term customer :)

I'll make sure your feedback regarding Articles gets back to the team. We're making a lot of upgrades to our Support ecosystem at the moment (I'm sure you've noticed!).

Founder & CEO
What do you like best?

Really clean interface, lots of great tools and new features with a lot of integrations. Intercom is one of the originals when it comes to live chat.

The Intercom widget has definitely become a standard especially for SaaS companies - it's almost social currency to have the Intercom widget. The integrations are all pretty well built and the team functionality is really great for growing teams (although as a startup we haven't used this to the full extent just yet). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Extremely expensive - they've definitely gone down the Enterprise route now. We had the startup plan for $49/month which included everything, which was probably too good for the price, but at the end of the Startup plan the price went up dramatically.

I also think some of the backend user interface could do with some work in some areas as it can feel a tiny bit clunky at times. I also think the pricing could be better reduced for startups Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a go - the Early Stage program s great for startups but after that its expensive Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Live chat

demo booking

Help docs

Onboarding Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Kate Sugrue of Intercom

Hi Reece, thanks for leaving such a detailed review of Intercom. I'm glad to hear we've provided solutions for your live chat, demo booking, help doc and onboarding needs.

Our early stage plan is indeed extremely good value and is a way for Intercom to help start-ups scale with the best tools possible. I can see why it can feel a bit jarring to graduate to our regular, value-aligned pricing, especially for those who business have not scaled as they'd hoped by that point. Our team are always at the other end of the messenger to help determine the best tools and package to suit your needs so please so get in touch if you want to discuss your options.

Support Consultant
What do you like best?

Fast and efficient to receive and send messages for our clients Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I believe their support is a little slow, but they pay support to the entire world, so there is an actual reason for that. We could have more options to rate the articles we publish. We could also have colors to tag the conversations, so we can see by the color what type of conversation is that (if its a doubt that the client had, if it is about charges, etc) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for a tool to help you to communicate easily between you and your clients, you may like intercom :) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We needed a tool to communicate between our support and our clients, and only intercom is visually great, efficient and also has that amount of reports that help us a lot on our metrics. Everyday we check our numbers, and they are really easy to understand and to filter. Also, we have an amazing source of articles and it's simple to write or format texts Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Kate Sugrue of Intercom

Hi Gabriely, thanks for letting us know how Intercom is helping you communicate with your clients in a fast and efficient way!

I'll make sure to surface your feedback regarding our Support wait times - it's something we're always conscious of. Wait times are usually dependent on your plan or how urgent your issue is, but we always aim to get back to customers as fast as possible.

I also love you idea about assigning colors to conversations and tags to make them easier to quickly categorize. I'll make sure to pass that on to the team.

Co Founder and Head of Customer Success
What do you like best?

The way it sits inside our software's at the bottom right corner and makes it so easyfor our customers to push their queries through it as well as for our team to answer them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing as such on the product side. Only the seat pricing thing a little because earlier that wasn't there :) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a no brainer tool if you are looking to communicate effectively with your customers and help them use your products well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

All our customer support happens through SchoolPad. We keep a check on the interactions being closed and the happiness ratings. All this helps serves us in giving great customer support as that has been our aim since our inception. Our customers can easily push messages and get quick responses with images/animations which makes it easier for them to use our product. Pushing feature updates, wishes and greetings is another thing that it has simplified for us. And the transparency in terms of monitoring the entire thing through reports have helped a lot. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Kate Sugrue of Intercom

Thanks for taking the time to review Intercom Abhiraj! It's so great to see that we're helping you with your aim of providing the best support for your customers.

Product Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

The number of communicating with users is jawdropping. We have both web and mobile apps as a single solution, and we can reach different segments of users with a specific value from just the way they would love to!

Also, fantastic support and customer success reps! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When working with a huge dataset and numerous filters the interface becomes slow and sometimes it's hard to understand whether the filter was already applied or not. So it becomes a bit time-consuming in those cases. So maybe you should better prepare your segment more thoroughly for cases like this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Intercom has a cool knowledge center and in-product support. Don't be shy, go ask these wonderful lads when you're stuck or just feel like you need to improve! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Actually, a lot. As a marketer, I got to have a full set of tools and ways to communicate new features, programs, special offers, or helpful tips for our customers. Having all these tools in just one product makes it easier to get the marketing campaign done faster. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Kate Sugrue of Intercom

Thanks so much for leaving us this review Pavel! It's great to hear that Intercom is giving you all the tools that you need to get your marketing campaigns done faster!

I'll make sure to pass your feedback about the issues you're seeing with the interface on to our product quality team as they work really hard to make sure things run smoothly for you. I will also send your shout-out on to our support and success teams - it will make their day :)

Thanks again!

Co-Founder and CEO
Design
What do you like best?

Intercom is great in that the front end is well organized and has a good visual hierarchy. Of particular value is the way in which it addresses communications for the entire sales funnel from lead through closing and support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The Intercom feature options are carefully sliced up to force one to pay as much as possible - and the fees for the different features are wholly exorbitant, in many cases ten times the cost of comparable alternatives (that in some cases offer more functionality). In addition, support turnaround is very slow (we've waited up to 8 days for a response) and when one does get a response, it's generally of the obsequiously cheerful and utterly unhelpful variety - typically directing one to a knowledge base page for an unrelated issue. In other words, deflection rather than support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Intercom is excellent, but way overpriced, and the support is slow and generally not very helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Intercom enables responsive interaction with a large userbase, and with it we're able to service over 15,000 high-touch customers with a 3-person team. That said, it's ridiculously overpriced for what it offers, and if you need help, you're basically on your own. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Kate Sugrue of Intercom

Thanks for letting us know about your Intercom experience Gareth, I'm sorry to hear our pricing structure does not align to the value our tools bring you.

As Intercom has grown, our pricing has had to evolve alongside this and there's still work to be done in this area. We're aware that no pricing structure will suit every business type but our aim is to truly reflect the value that our product delivers, allowing both your business and ours to succeed.

Though we recently did see a spike in volume that temporarily slowed down our reply times, 2 days is currently the maximum and that would only be for conversations from a lower tiered subscription or a conversation not identified to be urgent. That said, we know speed is important when you're facing an issue and I'm sorry to hear your experience wasn't positive.

I'll make sure your feedback is passed on to both our pricing and support teams here.

D
What do you like best?

From an administrative standpoint, Intercom is very intuitive and user friendly. The canned reports make quantifying the impact we are looking for available instantly. From a user standpoint, after a brief 10 minute walk through, our staff were ready to get started which is great. From an end user standpoint, we are seeing instant results around the helpfulness of live chat, as well as beginning to have a better understanding of where our users are struggling based on product feedback we are gleaning from the aggregated questions asked. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Named license administration and Office Hours Set up Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are now able to interact with any end user of our solution. We are seeing user adoption increase within the product and also recognizing that our staffing model is not in line for end user support - we have traditionally thought we were understaffed, but Intercom has allowed us to see that we are overstaffed from an end user support perspective. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Kate Sugrue of Intercom

Hi Chuck,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review Intercom and letting us know how easy it was to get your staff started with the tool, and the impact we're having for you and your customers.

I'll make sure your feedback regarding named license administration and office hours setup is passed on to the product team here. I'f you'd like to expand on these and add more detail please do get in touch via the messenger or you can also post them to our customer community, Interconnected (forum.intercom.com).

Kate

Customer Support Specialist
What do you like best?

I like that intercom is easy to use and I get a notification when someone reaches out. I also like that I am able to see my chat history under my account. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At times Intercom is a bit slow. When I close a chat or when someone else assigns a chat to themselves it takes a moment for me to see it. It doesn't bother me that much but it is something that I have noticed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am solving all the problems customers have. I like that it shows when customer has seen my message and if customer is online. I also like that I see customer information on the right side of the chat, which makes it easier for me to find customer from internal sources. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Kate Sugrue of Intercom

Thanks so much for leaving us this review Kärt, and for letting us know how Intercom is helping you solve all of your customer problems so easily!

I'll make sure to send your comment about the lag you've seen with conversation assignment on to our product quality team as I know they'll be interested in looking into it.

Kate

Co-Founder & CTO
What do you like best?

The platform works and performs as expected. The customer experience of interacting with it is really good and the range of features is solid. The company is very proactive in communicating with its customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We have multiple mobile products for our business, but Intercom requires that we have separate accounts for each product, even though the customers are ultimately the same people. This results in double/triple/quadruple billing for the same services. Also, you can't copy work from one service to another. So setting up FAQs and Carousels becomes tedious duplication/management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Directly communicating with our prospects and customers, through our website and mobile apps. We have much more efficient communications, have coordinated responses from team members and provide self-help and chat-bots when appropriate to facilitate prequalifying communications. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Kate Sugrue of Intercom

Hi Andrew, thanks for letting us know about your Intercom experience and how our tools are helping you have easier conversations with your prospects and customers. It sounds like you're also embracing proactive support and marketing with our bots and automation!

I'll make sure to send your feedback about having multiple apps and the difficulties this can cause from a pricing and efficiency point of view on to our team. Thanks for the clear details about specific pain points.

Senior Project Manager