IFTTT Reviews & Product Details

IFTTT Overview

What is IFTTT?

IFTTT is the world’s leading connectivity platform. We help over 700 global enterprises accelerate the digital transformation of their products into integrated services, dramatically reducing their development costs while extending compatibility and lifetime value. IFTTT is the connectivity standard and low-code alternative to building your own integrations in-house. Our products have attracted 17 million consumers across 140 countries and served over 100 million activated connections. Enterprises like BMW, Domino’s, Amazon, Bosch, ING, and Samsung trust IFTTT for their connectivity solutions. Learn more at https://platform.ifttt.com

IFTTT Details
Discussions
IFTTT Community

IF This Then That. Diversely-integrated API automation platform.

IFTTT
2010
San Francisco, CA
@IFTTT

IFTTT Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the IFTTT community
Have you used IFTTT before?

IFTTT Reviews

Showing 23 IFTTT reviews
Ratings (1)
Already have IFTTT?
Marketing Consultant
What do you like best?

It has allowed me to automate and optimize a large number of processes within my company in a fairly quick and practical way, its interface has a fairly intuitive design which ensures a fairly positive browsing experience, the fact that we can automate tasks Backup and file synchronization is something quite useful within our company that guarantees that the information is always available and accessible to everyone at all times, the main dashboard is well designed and with all the information well distributed which greatly simplifies my time of use with the system, the customer service team is quite quick to respond to any problems that arise. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You have to be aware that the service may stop working without prior notice, especially when password changes are made to users, which is quite cumbersome. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has been very useful for me to automate a large number of tasks within my company, especially those that involve data and information management, such as data backup which I can program to automatically synchronize with the drive without major problems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior BI Developer
What do you like best?

The ability to automate so many different apps in one location Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not enough apps available for automation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Pretty good for IOT automation Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Automating invoice submission using IFTTT to notify users of new invoices and then to notify other users when the new invoices have been reviewed and are ready for processing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

I like that I can automated some simple tasks, like adding new email contacts to a spreadsheet . It helps allow me the ability to focus on more important matters Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's very simple in it's explanation, where I'm not sure how it's connect or how it will work. It would be good to test out functions before I went ahead and went full speed ahead Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend to anyone that's trying to automate the simple tasks, but more advanced tasks may require more research Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's allowed me the ability to focus on more important tasks by removing the need to follow up on the simpler ones Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Owner
E-Learning
What do you like best?

It has enough integrations with services, as well as apps for every platform, so it can be used between devices which is very convenient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some integrations are weak, for example, creating a card in Trello doesn't allow line breaks in a description of the card. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try to research which integrations they have and search for useful applets for you or your business tasks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Automating some small business routines, like creating repeating tasks in Trello, syncing screenshots on a phone with Evernote Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Specialist Marketing
Writing and Editing
What do you like best?

The best thing about IFTTT is that they offer a marketplace of automation. You can always be sure that the toggle's are legit by the verification mark of companies. For example, for one of my clients we utilize the youtube to tumblr tool, so when ever we make a post on our youtube, it will automatically upload to Tumblr. It isn't just for business, I use it personally with some home automation apps around my house, to set specific details on times and other aspects of this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish they had the option to have people request different tools, but they are still very good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you have a reason to use it, without having any prior idea about what you want to get from it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Automation for sure. The biggest issue I see a lot of people having is updating across their website, social media's etc... and it allows me to publish at once and it go's across all of their Chanels. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Academic Tutor
What do you like best?

This allows you to set up reactions for certain things. Notifications for bad weather or Bill signings all the way to getting a text if I get a certain email. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It can clog your email pdq with certain ifttt options Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps me automatically keep track of certain things I would otherwise have to take time to look up Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Simple consumer/pro-sumer service that makes it easy to set alerts and action chains, such as an email when it's going to rain at a site. The interface is simple for a broad number of people to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It has not been production-ready. Seemingly obvious events have been missed (not clear if it's a spam filter or bad input data) and there are not pro-level debugging tools. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The pro-sumer level of the product has very little support, but is priced accordingly (i.e., free). Make sure your users are independent if you select that tier. I understand that integration help is available for paid users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's an easy way to enable a broad group to set simple triggers for alerts (like emails, but many others are available) when something in the outside world is changing or may change in the future. There may also be deeper triggers and complex IF/AND logic, but we have not utilized that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer Success Manager
E-Learning
What do you like best?

The user interface and the app are easy to understand and use. Integrating services is as easy as signing in with the click of a button. The applets you use are well-organized and the suggested applets are often very useful once IFTTT figures out more or less what you're looking for on its platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

IFTTT is definitely set up more for personal than business use, with most of the applets focusing on connecting social media accounts and in-home automated devices like Amazon Echo, Hue lights, Nest thermostats, etc. If you're looking for something for automating business processes that has a more robust offering of integrated programs than Gmail and to-do lists, this may not be the right automation tool for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

IFTTT is definitely geared more toward personal use than business use. Zapier provides a similar automation product that is geared more toward business use. Personally, I use both, as they're both free (Zapier does have pricing options for additional features, but they have a forever-free version) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Personally? I'm finding my phone. I lose my phone every ten minutes (it's a problem) and I own an Amazon Echo. Weirdly, it's not a skill on the Echo to call a phone, but through an IFTTT applet I am able to ask the Echo to call my phone - and therefore find it. I don't actually use it for social media because I already utilize Hootsuite to coordinate social media posts for business - but if IFTTT proves to allow more integrations and more task completion without as much cost, it's possible that I'll switch. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Is a web-based productivity tool that allows you to interconnect websites and your mobile devices in order to automate tasks. When one thing happens, IFTTT lets you create an automatic reaction. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

IFTTT can be complicated to first time users. The interface is user-friendly but the technical know-how is kind of tricky. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

IFTTT (pronounced as ifft – like gift) stands fot If This Then That. It gives us more info about a certain hashtag that we are using. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder/Owner
Internet
What do you like best?

The first thing I noticed about IFTTT was how easy it is to use. I use it to promote posts, record data about incoming and outgoing calls and backup images from my Android phone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

To be honest, I've not really found anything I don't like. Both the web site and the Android app would well and are fairly trouble free. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're tied up with doing repetitive but simple tasks then it's worth checking out what you can do with IFTTT! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As I'm really busy with clients and blogging, being able to create rules to automate simple tasks is really helpful. And that's the real benefit, automating the simple stuff to leave you more time on bigger things. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

I appreciate the opportunity to add rules that allow me to have certain photos that I take around my work to a specific file. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It can be a little tricky to setup, but doesn't take much time. It also very customizable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great way to automate workflow Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I take photos for publicity for work and now it allows those photos to go into one common Google Drive folder. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

For simple logic connections between apps and services IFTTT is brilliant. It's very easy to set up "applets" to connect services and simplify my life and work considerably. For example, I have set up applets that automatically add native posts from Twitter (my preferred social network) to Facebook and LinkedIn. This allows me to simplify my social media content flow and still reach people I care about who prefer those other networks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The logic is usually restricted to a simple "if this then that" formula. Sometimes more complex equations would be very helpful. For example, I have to have separate applets for each social media service I use when I could combine all of them into one "recipe" with a little more complexity. Sometimes the services I want to connect are not available and/or the actions I want to trigger or act on are not available within the service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are other services similar to IFTTT that may provide better connections between services if cost is not a problem. The simplest of these, in my opinion, is IFTTT. However, they do lack certain integrations and options that would be very helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Simplifying workflows by automating the flow of content and information between services that are otherwise not connected. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Easy guided setup to create automations, have multiple services setup as triggers to handle social media postings and home security Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I created a few useful automations, some of the suggested "predefine" automations are not actually useful Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Check compatibility of your service/device to integrate with IFTTT and automate its actions! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Cloud based automation console Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UO
What do you like best?

I like that is I forget to post on my website, IFTTT remembers and does it for me! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It doesnt post all of my descriptions and hashtags. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great for shceduling! A real time saver. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

If there is little time for posting to my website, this takes care of it for me so I dont waste time on it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Web Developer
Internet
What do you like best?

- Huge array of services (channels) that can integrate with this platform, with lots of example 'recipes' from the community to inspire ideas.

- Allows integration between two different services (channels) with ease without the need for any programming knowledge or similar in a 'set and forget' style way.

- Mostly free to use.

Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

- More suited to the average user than businesses.

- For some services the range of 'ifs' and 'thats' can be somewhat limited.

- Due to the 'set and forget' nature of the service it's sometimes hard to remember the recipes that you have enabled. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you don't have any programming skills but want to link some services/apps together for your own convenience, this is a great free tool to use.

Zapier and Microsoft's new 'Flow' service are similar and may be more suited to business needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Allows me to integrate multiple services in my daily life (like Spotify and LastFM) in a hassle-free and convenient way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Direttore generale
Translation and Localization
What do you like best?

(I'm reviewing here the web-based IFTTT, not the Android app.) IFTTT is one of my favourite tools to "tame" the increasingly complex portfolio of web services I use almost on a daily basis. It has a lot of available services that you can combine with a simple logic: If "something" happens, than I want something else (from another service) to happen. The only limit is your creativity. Luckily enough, IFTTT offers a good number of pre-configured "recipes" (as they're called) that you can make use of in your routine. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Having so many possibilities and many services, sometimes it is not clear whether a service connection fails due to IFTTT or the original service. The fact is that sometimes some recipes don't work as expected (they're never or randomly triggered). Another drawback is that the whole system depends on the availability of external systems, so if one decides to withdraw API support or not to allow IFTTT, your recipe will stop working. This said, those glitches are not very common and generally IFTTT does what it says. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The other competitor is Zapier, which has some nifty features compared to IFTTT. My recommendation is to try both before you make a decision. Zapier isn't free though. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'll only give one example: we have a customer that needs a specific service for every blog post they publish. Since their website doesn't provide an RSS feed or other subscription services, we created a recipe that sends me an email on each new blog post, so I immediately know whey they write something new and can act accordingly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

Easy to use and integrates with other applications. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some apps we use in business are not yet on IFTTT Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you have a clear view of your goals and don't try to make one solution fit if you need to then change other processes. This is very helpful for making an automation work when the features are already there.

You can also use IFTTT for other 'recipes' including tweets, but we wish LinkedIn was better integrated Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Automation - we use this to add people to email lists, send out offers based on other actions, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner, Health & Fitness Blogger
What do you like best?

IFTTT is a very interesting concept. I love the ability to have different platforms interact with each other, and I love the community aspect, benefiting from the creativity of others. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This can be a very difficult platform to learn how to REALLY get the most out of, and a lot of it is just personal daily use and convenience things, such as home automation. Don't get me wrong, that's great and all, but not the best tool, necessarily, for enterprise. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

IFTTT is going to be very tricky to use unless you really spend some time learning the ins and outs and getting creative with it. I'm sure there are some really great uses buried under the hood...but they're buried, and if you're anything like me you're busy and don't have the time to stop and spend the time to figure it out. I need my solutions easy and presented in a clean, ready-to-use manner. This is more a tool for those who like to tinker, are techies, and have the time to spend on it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm currently exploring how to use this to maximize, control, and grow my online presence. It's helped me track new followers, but so far that's about it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It's a simple, recipe-based tool for connecting various services and products. We're able to accomplish things that individual products simply could never do, because this functions as a switchboard. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The recent changes to some of the main services almost made it more difficult to create your own recipes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've demonstrated various AI assistants talking to smart home devices for our employees, so they can be aware of how our clients can speak to THEIR customers about these innovations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UW
What do you like best?

Automation of mundane tasks. one less thing to worry about in my mind. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

there's been a few occasions where the automation didn't work. didn't have time to figure out why but most of the time it works OK. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Automating posts between Wordpress, social media and email newsletters. Saves me time to do it only once and have IFTT distribute it on all the other channels Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder
Research
What do you like best?

IFTTT is a swiss army knife of interconnectivity among various Internet services. It enables the very straightforward integration of all sorts of data sources and physical device that never imagined that they'd be connected together. Simple integrations are very, very easy to implement, and you can do in minutes what would take hours if you coded straight to vendor APIs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The logic that you can embed in IFTTT with the standard interface is relatively simple, and it's not a complete programming language. It's very easy to wish to do something complicated that it looks like IFTTT might be able to do that you can't quite accomplish. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking at IFTTT integration, be aware that it doesn't try to be a full-blown coding environment and doesn't pretend to implement every last nook and cranny of the APIs that it supports.

One way around this is to look at IFTTT as an input into more complex message routing systems, for tasks that demand a more complicated system. As an example, IFTTT can be readily made to integrate with IBM's Node-RED platform, and you can encapsulate more complex business logic in that system while maintaining the simple IFTTT interface for most routine tasks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The most reliable problems I have solved with IFTTT have been current awareness problems, where I have IFTTT set up to monitor news channels and alert me of relevant news. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

For a free tool, it's great when it works, but some recipes/applets don't seem to work reliably. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some applets don't seem to work reliably Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Expanding reach of some social posts Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.