IFTTT Reviews & Product Details

IFTTT Overview

What is IFTTT?

IFTTT is the world’s leading connectivity platform. We help over 700 global enterprises accelerate the digital transformation of their products into integrated services, dramatically reducing their development costs while extending compatibility and lifetime value. IFTTT is the connectivity standard and low-code alternative to building your own integrations in-house. Our products have attracted 17 million consumers across 140 countries and served over 100 million activated connections. Enterprises like BMW, Domino’s, Amazon, Bosch, ING, and Samsung trust IFTTT for their connectivity solutions. Learn more at https://platform.ifttt.com

IFTTT Details
Discussions
IFTTT Community

IF This Then That. Diversely-integrated API automation platform.

IFTTT
2010
San Francisco, CA
@IFTTT

IFTTT Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the IFTTT community
Have you used IFTTT before?

IFTTT Reviews

Showing 62 IFTTT reviews
Company Size (1)
Already have IFTTT?
n/a
What do you like best?

one of the many things I like about IFTTT is the ability for it to connect to google sheets for data logging. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

the only thing that I do not enjoy about IFTTT is the limit of 3 widgets but is not that bad of a restriction and it makes sense why they need it to make money. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am using IFTTT to log the water temperature of a hydroponics system in my basement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Academic Advisor
Education Management
What do you like best?

It can automate so much of your digital world. If there was a program that could listen to one program and then talk to another program and tell it what to do...you’d have IFTTT. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really don’t dislike much about it.

I only wish more and more programs I use would have IFTTT integrations. It would make things even easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Before you begin to search for multiple different software programs to integrate your platforms I recommend taking IFTTT for a spin. It is likely that they will be your best solution and if they do not offer an integration now they will soon. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It allows me to get notified when certain events happen like Votes in Congress.

It send my photos from Instagram to google drive. It saves my favorite tweets to Evernote. It emails me when some of my favorite feeds are updated. It even does so much more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Content Creator
What do you like best?

I absolutely love the fact that I can create my OWN connections in IFTTT. Yes, there are many recipes that are useful to me, but having a choice in how I connect apps is great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes apps I use don't exist in IFTT so I can't connect them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Explore all features available with IFTTT, not just the ready made recipes. If you are really ambitious experiment with the developer platform that allows you to build out these skills. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Data collection, automation and more. Even using things like blue tooth buttons to keep tract of items completed, and then having that data sync into an app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner/Developer
Restaurants
What do you like best?

IFTTT is very much like a cooler version of Zapier but with a whole different approach. For entrepreneurs looking to expand the reach of their content marketing efforts, I recommend IFTTT to them for duplicating content from one social channel to others. It is great for triggers and alerts as well, which I use in my business to generate notifications for account activity on Stripe! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more business use cases and integrations on IFTTT. Getting into more niche API integrations could definitely serve IFTTT much better. Also expanding the triggers and actions of their existing app integrations is key. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want an easy way to make software you already use communicate and work together, this is a great app choice to adopt. It may not have all of the app integrations you could ever dream of, but for what it does have, it does well! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to show self-serve social media clients how to automatically syndicate content between social channels is incredibly powerful for entrepreneurs focused on time-savings and efficiency! Being able to send myself SMS notifications when new customers register in my business (through Stripe triggers) allows me to stay updated on new customer activity so I can be more present in the daily operations of my business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

I like that I can automated some simple tasks, like adding new email contacts to a spreadsheet . It helps allow me the ability to focus on more important matters Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's very simple in it's explanation, where I'm not sure how it's connect or how it will work. It would be good to test out functions before I went ahead and went full speed ahead Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend to anyone that's trying to automate the simple tasks, but more advanced tasks may require more research Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's allowed me the ability to focus on more important tasks by removing the need to follow up on the simpler ones Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Owner
E-Learning
What do you like best?

It has enough integrations with services, as well as apps for every platform, so it can be used between devices which is very convenient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some integrations are weak, for example, creating a card in Trello doesn't allow line breaks in a description of the card. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try to research which integrations they have and search for useful applets for you or your business tasks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Automating some small business routines, like creating repeating tasks in Trello, syncing screenshots on a phone with Evernote Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love that I can connect my social media platforms, website, and email funnel seamlessly. It saves me loads of time. Every time I create one piece of content, IFTTT sends it to all of my platforms at once. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could create more custom actions instead of just choose from the library. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend you make sure your website, email server, and other common apps are represented on IFTTT before going through the trouble of signing up and connecting all of your accounts. Most services are represented, so you should be fine. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Helps me stay on top of social media platforms that I would otherwise neglect. I hate Twitter and never log in because it drains my energy. But IFTTT makes sure I'm posting regularly with my own content and curated content. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I use this primarily to automatically repost anything I put up on Instagram to my Facebook business page. It saves me a lot of time as it would take me twice as long to go back and add everything I had already put up on Instagram to my Facebook page but IFTTT allows me to do it automatically. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not all the applets work the way they're supposed to and sometimes the one I've chosen has not been updated and I will have to choose another one. I haven't gotten too much downtime from this though, so it's really not that big a deal. The pros far outweigh the cons as far as I am concerned. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are lots and lots of applets that can help you but even if you only choose one or two it can make a major difference in your work life. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to streamline my social media posting workflow allowing me to spend more time interacting with potential customers and less time fussing over getting my content posted to different networks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner/Headmaster
Higher Education
What do you like best?

I have business accounts with Facebook, Instagram and Etsy so it can get pretty tedious reposting the same content to each platform, especially when working on a phone! My most used applet is one that takes whatever I have posted to my Instagram account and automatically reposts it to my Facebook business page, cutting my workload for reposts in half. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I love this platform, it is immensely valuable to me and my business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Even if you only find one applet that is useful it is worth checking out this extremely valuable platform! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have been able to cut my workflow in half when it comes to posting on social media, allowing me to reach a wider audience more quickly and giving me time to focus on other necessary business tasks without spending all day on my phone uploading and posting to various sites. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

Creating google voice commands using IFTTT allows for incredibly fun automation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to link one command to multiple "thats" or include some filters so that "this" commands could be limited by time of day or only if another this is true. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Create simple routines and automation for controlling my devices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Academic Tutor
What do you like best?

This allows you to set up reactions for certain things. Notifications for bad weather or Bill signings all the way to getting a text if I get a certain email. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It can clog your email pdq with certain ifttt options Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps me automatically keep track of certain things I would otherwise have to take time to look up Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Growth Manager
What do you like best?

I've probably gotten back 2 hours a day from the triggers I have set up on the platform, and in a lot of ways just made a more streamlined workflow. Community-sourced triggers help you think of additional possibilities. For a free service, it's fantastic, and really don't think you could ask for more. The service channels are wide and varied and suit both personal and professional life. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As great as the community sourcing is, sometimes it can really distract you from what you came there to do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take some time to explore - and then the next time you find yourself doing a repetitive digital task - pop back into IFTT and see the different ways that you can automate it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Automating social media work, creating reminders and triggers off of emails, and auto scheduling calendar events - exactly when I need them. It creates more space to focus on the things that really matter and can have a great impact on your day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Titolare, progettista
What do you like best?

Everybody in these days relies on multiple web services: Gmail, Google Docs, Evernote, the stock iOS or Android apps, and all these pretty devices connected in the Internet of Things ... What IFTTT does is linking them together, through a system of applets made by the user in a very simple way (no need for programming, it's really, really intuitive). As an example, IFTTT could automatically send a completed iOS reminder to a Google Calendar, to keep track of its completion, or turn off the home lights when your phone is at a given distance form home... The possibilities are endless. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The free version has a certain lag in some cases, and one should beware about critical tasks since they could for some reason fail. But in general the system is robust and does its tasks well. Sometimes you may wish some other service. They are added over time, try to pull a request. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you subscribed to several web services, use IFTTT to connect them all and reach a whole new level of integration and synergy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As everybody, we use multiple web services, and connecting them is extremely useful. As an example we used IFTTT to keep track of the wether during a year, just telling the system to log the data in a google sheet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Associate Pastor
What do you like best?

I absolutely love the simplicity that IFTTT provides to both people who love tech, and those who struggle with using tech. Setting up an account and connecting apps has never been easier, nor has setting up applets and commands using the multitude of different options available. There is definitely a bit of foreknowledge required to build your own applets, however there are numerous pre-made applets available that are easy to copy and recreate on your own. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I definitely miss multi-step applets, similar to those that can be run on competitors, such as Zapier. Also, while there are numerous integrations available, it would be beneficial to see those increase, and to see the existant ones receive further functions (such as Android device; the ability to play a playlist, connect to a google cast device; Google Calendar integrations that go into further detail, like on Zapier) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely is an automation program that I would recommend looking into because of it's ease of use and powerful integrations. The numerous app integrations and built-in functions for each integration make the platform a one-stop shop for most integrations, and the pricing (free!) makes it an easy choice to make over other competing apps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Full disclosure; I use IFTTT mostly for home automation and smart home controls benefiting from the Google Assistant integration, however I have found IFTTT simplifies daily tasks like tracking work hours and automatically muting my phone during work hours; as well as simplifying Google Calendar events creation & integrating seamlessly with the Google Assistant to help create to-do lists, meetings, contacts, and more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Professional Pet Sitter
Consumer Services
What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use IFTTT to create applets that automatically run that I use to distribute my social media posts over the different social networks I use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything that I dislike with IFTTT, at least for what I use it for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I use IFTTT to do social marketing across the many different social networking platforms I use to get the word out about my business. After creating several different applets on IFTTT, I now only need to post my content on one social media platform, such as Facebook, and the same posting will appear on Instagram, Tumblr, Twitter, & more. IFTTT also has many other uses in addition to helping you streamline your social media content postings, but I'm not yet familiar with those aspects of this software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IFTTT has made it so easy to post to my business' social media networks! My creating several different applets (quick and easy to do) I am able to post on one of my social media accounts and have that content appear quickly on all of them. It is so easy to reach my customer's with new social media content using IFTTT. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Postdoctoral Research Assistant
Higher Education
What do you like best?

I love the shortcuts this creates. I use a lot of social media apps and having the ability to post on one and then it link to others it works well. Also the ability to automatically backup or move photos to the cloud storage is particularly useful! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not everything is supported, and I get envious of the many new technological advances that I don't yet have when I see them listed in the applet! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Making backing up precious photos etc more efficient, and making my social media posts more streamlined Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital Services Coordinator
Libraries
What do you like best?

I like the ability to integrate various unrelated software. It truly has an enormous variety of programs that it can work with. I also like the ability to automate certain functions such as silencing my phone based on my location. I like the fact that it can also work with smartphones, using phone notifications as possible actions to choose from. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Each software has certain triggers and actions to choose from when customizing what you want to happen. I just wish there were more triggers and actions available, since for some programs, it seems that the options are a bit limited. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take a look at applets created by others, to give you ideas on what kind of features to implement. You can reuse other people's applets or use them as the basis to create your own. If you are an Evernote user, think of all the information that could automatically be added to a note, giving you a permanent archive of (for example): your calendar, Instapaper highlights, tweets, Facebook statuses, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Preventing my scatterbrained self from missing meetings. For example, I have an applet that checks my Google Calendar for the word "meeting" and sends me an email and phone notification 15 minutes prior to the start time. It has also allowed me to have easier access to my information, such as taking any highlights I make in Instapaper, and appending them to an Evernote note. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Co-Founder, Program Coordinator, Facilitator
Civic & Social Organization
What do you like best?

IFTTT allows our team to enter social media automation and focus on the central work that we are doing. After setting up the profile on IFTTT we can create one post and the recipes do all the heavy lifting. Its great that we can also create, as users, our own recipes to the tools we use the most. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

i dislike the need for IFTTT to hash-tag all the posts. We would happily pay for that not to be part of the final posts there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely acknowledge that there are better paid services and that there are so many ways to use this product - it can be used for personal account management and so much more. We use it in a limited way that really maximizes one area of our work. Taking time with the set-up is crucial. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We solve for efficiency with the product in major ways. We don't have to worry about the time that we would independently have to expend going to a handful of different websites and create posts in each individually. IFTTT allows us to limit our time spent on revenue generating activities heavily and focus on relationship building. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CI
What do you like best?

I love that I can set up any type of reminder for text or email, based on an event or on a regular time schedule. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when I get the IFTTT message, it is jumbled with multiple links that can get confusing. Once I got accustomed to using it, I just ignore those links mostly. I also adjusted the actual data I put into the IFTTT to be more comprehensive, with the link issue in mind. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a dependable outside resource for setting up reminders on many platforms. Sometimes, it takes a bit to get used to the way it all works, if you're not an Apple person, but it is well worth the time to figure it out. I liked it so much, I created a personal account, as well! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Scheduling and reminders are the main use. I've had issues with dependability of calendar or email based reminders, so this is an excellent dependable reminder system. It is invaluable in a high tempo environment. I can also set up recurring reminders for my monthly accounting and business management needs, as well as programming checks, or any other number of things. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Social Media & Digital Marketing Educator
E-Learning
What do you like best?

I love the number of brands that integrate well with IFTTT. From Appliances, business and education tools there's almost nothing you can't integrate. I like the fact almost every social media platforms can be all triggered which is a great time saver. It's my go to app when I'm away from my desktop as I can manage my IFTTT activity via mobile and tablet,. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the fact that on some of the triggers for social media that you have to add a image url instead of being able to upload it directly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for an automation tool to link your Facebook, Twitter and Instagram platforms and many more without having to be on each platform every again then this is for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use IFTTT to trigger off social media networks posts for twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and use it to schedule the release of WordPress blog post to send to Twitter. Save so much time and reassurance that once you switch it on you never have to look at it again. Love IFTTT! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

I love that I can use IFTTT to make up for the short comings of other social media scheduling programs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's easy to forget it's even there working away in the background doing what you told it to do when you try to troubleshoot some other social media scheduling issue...and then things get confusing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a very useful tool for so many reasons. It saves me lot's of time and energy when it comes to scheduling social media. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IFTTT allows me to share between Instagram and other platforms based on a specific hashtag instead of sharing every single Instagram post to another platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer Success Manager
E-Learning
What do you like best?

The user interface and the app are easy to understand and use. Integrating services is as easy as signing in with the click of a button. The applets you use are well-organized and the suggested applets are often very useful once IFTTT figures out more or less what you're looking for on its platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

IFTTT is definitely set up more for personal than business use, with most of the applets focusing on connecting social media accounts and in-home automated devices like Amazon Echo, Hue lights, Nest thermostats, etc. If you're looking for something for automating business processes that has a more robust offering of integrated programs than Gmail and to-do lists, this may not be the right automation tool for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

IFTTT is definitely geared more toward personal use than business use. Zapier provides a similar automation product that is geared more toward business use. Personally, I use both, as they're both free (Zapier does have pricing options for additional features, but they have a forever-free version) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Personally? I'm finding my phone. I lose my phone every ten minutes (it's a problem) and I own an Amazon Echo. Weirdly, it's not a skill on the Echo to call a phone, but through an IFTTT applet I am able to ask the Echo to call my phone - and therefore find it. I don't actually use it for social media because I already utilize Hootsuite to coordinate social media posts for business - but if IFTTT proves to allow more integrations and more task completion without as much cost, it's possible that I'll switch. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Writer, Editor and Content Strategist
Writing and Editing
What do you like best?

It's the most comprehensive way to automate a wide variety of tasks that involves no coding and let's you integrate nearly endless choices of platforms, software and systems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's certainly not the most user friendly system. There is definitely a big learning curve acting as barrier to entry with IFTTT. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take the time to learn it properly, especially for those tasks most important to simplifying your life. If you look deeply enough into it, it's likely it can do something, integrate something or automate something you never even considered as possible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This comprehensive system lets me automate tasks, allowing me to spend my time less on busy work and monitoring and more on getting things done and living my life. As a self-employed freelancer, it's easy to let work take over my life. One of the most useful ways that I use IFTTT is by using it to control how and when I receive notifications, so I can be sure that the most important ones get to me right away, while the rest can wait until I'm ready to deal with them. This way I don't have to worry about missing out on great job opportunities or important notices, while also not being continually bombarded with every email that comes my way, disrupting my workflow and my downtime. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

La facilidad con la que se pueden automatizar procesos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Que ciertas aplicaciones (como One Day) solo permitan el uso de IFTTT en su versión premium. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Si tu lo haces, IFTTT puede hacerlo por ti. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Automatizar flujos de trabajo. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I initially signed up for IFTTT to post my Facebook posts and tweets at the same time. I found another service better meant for that, but I still use IFTTT for business and personal use. I love that there are so many "recipes" pre-made and ones you can create yourself. It connects a lot of sites and apps that normally don't work together. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are some limits to what IFTTT can do. Some of the things I dream up for it to do, it can't. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's created a lot of automation for the small business I work for, and automation is necessary when you have a small business. We're able to use IFTTT for our social media, calendars and to keep an eye on what our competitors are doing! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.