IFTTT Reviews & Product Details

IFTTT Overview

What is IFTTT?

IFTTT is the world’s leading connectivity platform. We help over 700 global enterprises accelerate the digital transformation of their products into integrated services, dramatically reducing their development costs while extending compatibility and lifetime value. IFTTT is the connectivity standard and low-code alternative to building your own integrations in-house. Our products have attracted 17 million consumers across 140 countries and served over 100 million activated connections. Enterprises like BMW, Domino’s, Amazon, Bosch, ING, and Samsung trust IFTTT for their connectivity solutions. Learn more at https://platform.ifttt.com

IFTTT Details
Discussions
IFTTT Community

IF This Then That. Diversely-integrated API automation platform.

IFTTT
2010
San Francisco, CA
@IFTTT

IFTTT Screenshots

IFTTT Reviews

Showing 92 IFTTT reviews
Already have IFTTT?
What do you like best?

It has allowed me to automate and optimize a large number of processes within my company in a fairly quick and practical way, its interface has a fairly intuitive design which ensures a fairly positive browsing experience, the fact that we can automate tasks Backup and file synchronization is something quite useful within our company that guarantees that the information is always available and accessible to everyone at all times, the main dashboard is well designed and with all the information well distributed which greatly simplifies my time of use with the system, the customer service team is quite quick to respond to any problems that arise. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You have to be aware that the service may stop working without prior notice, especially when password changes are made to users, which is quite cumbersome. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has been very useful for me to automate a large number of tasks within my company, especially those that involve data and information management, such as data backup which I can program to automatically synchronize with the drive without major problems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

For all industries it is safe to use. Obviously, that's a huge bonus. And your first steps from the installation and implementation to efficient automation of your first project are very simple. Mobile support is offered and functions like on the computer fluently. Some examples of system collections are available to inspire you or to give you new ideas to increase your productivity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It takes longer to start certain automation processes. And with such errors, the program is less sensitive or helpful. Sometimes you don't know that a system doesn't work properly or has long ceased work. I agree that this must be changed. These systems would otherwise be tracked for a lot of time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You will first check how amazing this device is. It is available online, free and allows great online automation of certain acts by using its recipes. You should authenticate your account in two steps, which is necessary, since so many other services apply to your account. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With simple commands this software can simplify your tasks using if-functions. To use this tool, you do not need any coding or programming skills. All features are simple to learn and almost any job you can imagine can be adapted to. You can connect and use many applications for your tasks. This model is straightforward and intuitive, and even with state-of - the-art automation it will not get confused. All in all, this instrument helps us make daily work more successful and focus on important tasks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Academic Advisor
Education Management
What do you like best?

It can automate so much of your digital world. If there was a program that could listen to one program and then talk to another program and tell it what to do...you’d have IFTTT. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really don’t dislike much about it.

I only wish more and more programs I use would have IFTTT integrations. It would make things even easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Before you begin to search for multiple different software programs to integrate your platforms I recommend taking IFTTT for a spin. It is likely that they will be your best solution and if they do not offer an integration now they will soon. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It allows me to get notified when certain events happen like Votes in Congress.

It send my photos from Instagram to google drive. It saves my favorite tweets to Evernote. It emails me when some of my favorite feeds are updated. It even does so much more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I'm using the IFTTT for many years now to automate the workflow. Setting up an account and connecting recipes is a very easy task. It has its own and 3rd party applets as well as letting us to create our own. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Even there are hundreds and thousands of integrations are available to connect, I found there are some important and missing applets and opportunities. I would like to see those on the platform in the future. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need to connect multiple apps and services from different vendors look no further, IFTTT is the solution for everyone and the best part is it is FREE. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IFTTT is a very popular connectivity platform and it allows us to connect each app and make an automated workflow from applets. By doing so it saves our time to manually doing each task. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Content Creator
What do you like best?

I absolutely love the fact that I can create my OWN connections in IFTTT. Yes, there are many recipes that are useful to me, but having a choice in how I connect apps is great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes apps I use don't exist in IFTT so I can't connect them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Explore all features available with IFTTT, not just the ready made recipes. If you are really ambitious experiment with the developer platform that allows you to build out these skills. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Data collection, automation and more. Even using things like blue tooth buttons to keep tract of items completed, and then having that data sync into an app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Personal de marketing
What do you like best?

IFTTT has a very simple interface, visually pleasing, easy to configure and use. It works very well to manage several social media accounts at the same time, as well as to alternate shared posts from one platform to another. In addition, it provides integration between different social networks at a very affordable cost, something that could be very expensive in other similar tools. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

IFTTT offers great customization and flexibility, so much that for some users it can be confusing. In addition, provide recipes that are easy to implement but that are complicated to understand at first. Perhaps they could add a video of the possible actions to be taken could help with this last aspect. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

IFTTT is ideal for Marketing teams that wish to configure automations in their company to maximize the use of their time. However, consider that at the beginning IFTTT is a bit complex, so the more time you dedicate to this application, the more you can take advantage of it later. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In our company, social networks are our most powerful means of communicating with our audience, and IFTTT allows us to activate publications on several social networks, mainly, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. IFTTT allows us to select the publication of one platform and publish this same information in others, so the content is recycled. In addition, it has a series of very useful tools to which our team has taken the greatest benefit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

IFTTT is one of the pioneer and yet best platform to automate some tasks based on what happened. We've tried the Microsoft's attempt to IFTTT, Microsoft Flow and we still believe IFTTT is the best in the market. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Everything great except we are limited to one task in a single applet. Better if there were the ability to add multiple. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are hundreds and thousands services available to connect with these applets and very easy to understand the platform as well. Give it a try. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Using IFTTT for ages now to automate some tasks in office and in everyday life as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

When it comes to automation, We can't think of any other tool which provides services as much as IFTTT. There are thousands of integrations to make your task automated. No need to write a single line of code as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Appreciate if there is an option to attach multiple actions. We had to do some workarounds to attach multiple actions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If anyone needs to automate your work, IFTTT is the tool you should checkout. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use IFTTT to automate several actions in our company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior BI Developer
What do you like best?

The ability to automate so many different apps in one location Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not enough apps available for automation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Pretty good for IOT automation Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Automating invoice submission using IFTTT to notify users of new invoices and then to notify other users when the new invoices have been reviewed and are ready for processing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner/Developer
Restaurants
What do you like best?

IFTTT is very much like a cooler version of Zapier but with a whole different approach. For entrepreneurs looking to expand the reach of their content marketing efforts, I recommend IFTTT to them for duplicating content from one social channel to others. It is great for triggers and alerts as well, which I use in my business to generate notifications for account activity on Stripe! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more business use cases and integrations on IFTTT. Getting into more niche API integrations could definitely serve IFTTT much better. Also expanding the triggers and actions of their existing app integrations is key. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want an easy way to make software you already use communicate and work together, this is a great app choice to adopt. It may not have all of the app integrations you could ever dream of, but for what it does have, it does well! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to show self-serve social media clients how to automatically syndicate content between social channels is incredibly powerful for entrepreneurs focused on time-savings and efficiency! Being able to send myself SMS notifications when new customers register in my business (through Stripe triggers) allows me to stay updated on new customer activity so I can be more present in the daily operations of my business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

IFTTT is like a world standard when it comes to automation task, but in a very easy way. We were able to simple assign work in a applet when something happens. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes we notice some applets weren't trigger. Hope IFTTT guys will fix this asap. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need to automate something, Just try IFTTT, There are thousands of service providers which helps the job done. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Automate tasks in work. Numerous benefits, simplify the life actually. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

I like that I can automated some simple tasks, like adding new email contacts to a spreadsheet . It helps allow me the ability to focus on more important matters Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's very simple in it's explanation, where I'm not sure how it's connect or how it will work. It would be good to test out functions before I went ahead and went full speed ahead Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend to anyone that's trying to automate the simple tasks, but more advanced tasks may require more research Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's allowed me the ability to focus on more important tasks by removing the need to follow up on the simpler ones Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Owner
E-Learning
What do you like best?

It has enough integrations with services, as well as apps for every platform, so it can be used between devices which is very convenient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some integrations are weak, for example, creating a card in Trello doesn't allow line breaks in a description of the card. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try to research which integrations they have and search for useful applets for you or your business tasks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Automating some small business routines, like creating repeating tasks in Trello, syncing screenshots on a phone with Evernote Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love that I can connect my social media platforms, website, and email funnel seamlessly. It saves me loads of time. Every time I create one piece of content, IFTTT sends it to all of my platforms at once. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could create more custom actions instead of just choose from the library. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend you make sure your website, email server, and other common apps are represented on IFTTT before going through the trouble of signing up and connecting all of your accounts. Most services are represented, so you should be fine. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Helps me stay on top of social media platforms that I would otherwise neglect. I hate Twitter and never log in because it drains my energy. But IFTTT makes sure I'm posting regularly with my own content and curated content. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Specialist Marketing
Writing and Editing
What do you like best?

The best thing about IFTTT is that they offer a marketplace of automation. You can always be sure that the toggle's are legit by the verification mark of companies. For example, for one of my clients we utilize the youtube to tumblr tool, so when ever we make a post on our youtube, it will automatically upload to Tumblr. It isn't just for business, I use it personally with some home automation apps around my house, to set specific details on times and other aspects of this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish they had the option to have people request different tools, but they are still very good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you have a reason to use it, without having any prior idea about what you want to get from it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Automation for sure. The biggest issue I see a lot of people having is updating across their website, social media's etc... and it allows me to publish at once and it go's across all of their Chanels. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I use this primarily to automatically repost anything I put up on Instagram to my Facebook business page. It saves me a lot of time as it would take me twice as long to go back and add everything I had already put up on Instagram to my Facebook page but IFTTT allows me to do it automatically. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not all the applets work the way they're supposed to and sometimes the one I've chosen has not been updated and I will have to choose another one. I haven't gotten too much downtime from this though, so it's really not that big a deal. The pros far outweigh the cons as far as I am concerned. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are lots and lots of applets that can help you but even if you only choose one or two it can make a major difference in your work life. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to streamline my social media posting workflow allowing me to spend more time interacting with potential customers and less time fussing over getting my content posted to different networks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner/Headmaster
Higher Education
What do you like best?

I have business accounts with Facebook, Instagram and Etsy so it can get pretty tedious reposting the same content to each platform, especially when working on a phone! My most used applet is one that takes whatever I have posted to my Instagram account and automatically reposts it to my Facebook business page, cutting my workload for reposts in half. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I love this platform, it is immensely valuable to me and my business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Even if you only find one applet that is useful it is worth checking out this extremely valuable platform! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have been able to cut my workflow in half when it comes to posting on social media, allowing me to reach a wider audience more quickly and giving me time to focus on other necessary business tasks without spending all day on my phone uploading and posting to various sites. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

Creating google voice commands using IFTTT allows for incredibly fun automation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to link one command to multiple "thats" or include some filters so that "this" commands could be limited by time of day or only if another this is true. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Create simple routines and automation for controlling my devices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

IFTTT allows you to connect all of your devices in one. Social media platforms, to home security, and more! I love that i can connect things together to better maximize my time for business and personal. The best part is it is free! This helps if you are just starting in social media management and don't want to commit to a larger platform. This saves so much time for so many things. You can even have IFTTT text you the weather or news reports every morning! I could honestly spend hours looking through the applets. Additionally, the community made applets help you think of what you may need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I havent found anything to dislike about IFTTT. Every applet works well and helps me stay on track! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

GET IT!!!! it is the most useful tool i use hands down. it doesnt take much to learn how to use either. it is very user friendly! anyone can benefit from this whether for personal or professional business uses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Social media management, time saving, time management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Academic Tutor
What do you like best?

This allows you to set up reactions for certain things. Notifications for bad weather or Bill signings all the way to getting a text if I get a certain email. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It can clog your email pdq with certain ifttt options Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps me automatically keep track of certain things I would otherwise have to take time to look up Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Growth Manager
What do you like best?

I've probably gotten back 2 hours a day from the triggers I have set up on the platform, and in a lot of ways just made a more streamlined workflow. Community-sourced triggers help you think of additional possibilities. For a free service, it's fantastic, and really don't think you could ask for more. The service channels are wide and varied and suit both personal and professional life. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As great as the community sourcing is, sometimes it can really distract you from what you came there to do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take some time to explore - and then the next time you find yourself doing a repetitive digital task - pop back into IFTT and see the different ways that you can automate it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Automating social media work, creating reminders and triggers off of emails, and auto scheduling calendar events - exactly when I need them. It creates more space to focus on the things that really matter and can have a great impact on your day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Titolare, progettista
What do you like best?

Everybody in these days relies on multiple web services: Gmail, Google Docs, Evernote, the stock iOS or Android apps, and all these pretty devices connected in the Internet of Things ... What IFTTT does is linking them together, through a system of applets made by the user in a very simple way (no need for programming, it's really, really intuitive). As an example, IFTTT could automatically send a completed iOS reminder to a Google Calendar, to keep track of its completion, or turn off the home lights when your phone is at a given distance form home... The possibilities are endless. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The free version has a certain lag in some cases, and one should beware about critical tasks since they could for some reason fail. But in general the system is robust and does its tasks well. Sometimes you may wish some other service. They are added over time, try to pull a request. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you subscribed to several web services, use IFTTT to connect them all and reach a whole new level of integration and synergy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As everybody, we use multiple web services, and connecting them is extremely useful. As an example we used IFTTT to keep track of the wether during a year, just telling the system to log the data in a google sheet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Associate Pastor
What do you like best?

I absolutely love the simplicity that IFTTT provides to both people who love tech, and those who struggle with using tech. Setting up an account and connecting apps has never been easier, nor has setting up applets and commands using the multitude of different options available. There is definitely a bit of foreknowledge required to build your own applets, however there are numerous pre-made applets available that are easy to copy and recreate on your own. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I definitely miss multi-step applets, similar to those that can be run on competitors, such as Zapier. Also, while there are numerous integrations available, it would be beneficial to see those increase, and to see the existant ones receive further functions (such as Android device; the ability to play a playlist, connect to a google cast device; Google Calendar integrations that go into further detail, like on Zapier) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely is an automation program that I would recommend looking into because of it's ease of use and powerful integrations. The numerous app integrations and built-in functions for each integration make the platform a one-stop shop for most integrations, and the pricing (free!) makes it an easy choice to make over other competing apps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Full disclosure; I use IFTTT mostly for home automation and smart home controls benefiting from the Google Assistant integration, however I have found IFTTT simplifies daily tasks like tracking work hours and automatically muting my phone during work hours; as well as simplifying Google Calendar events creation & integrating seamlessly with the Google Assistant to help create to-do lists, meetings, contacts, and more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Professional Pet Sitter
Consumer Services
What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use IFTTT to create applets that automatically run that I use to distribute my social media posts over the different social networks I use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything that I dislike with IFTTT, at least for what I use it for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I use IFTTT to do social marketing across the many different social networking platforms I use to get the word out about my business. After creating several different applets on IFTTT, I now only need to post my content on one social media platform, such as Facebook, and the same posting will appear on Instagram, Tumblr, Twitter, & more. IFTTT also has many other uses in addition to helping you streamline your social media content postings, but I'm not yet familiar with those aspects of this software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IFTTT has made it so easy to post to my business' social media networks! My creating several different applets (quick and easy to do) I am able to post on one of my social media accounts and have that content appear quickly on all of them. It is so easy to reach my customer's with new social media content using IFTTT. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Postdoctoral Research Assistant
Higher Education
What do you like best?

I love the shortcuts this creates. I use a lot of social media apps and having the ability to post on one and then it link to others it works well. Also the ability to automatically backup or move photos to the cloud storage is particularly useful! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not everything is supported, and I get envious of the many new technological advances that I don't yet have when I see them listed in the applet! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Making backing up precious photos etc more efficient, and making my social media posts more streamlined Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for IFTTT?