IFTTT Reviews & Product Details

What is IFTTT?

IFTTT is the world’s leading connectivity platform. We help over 700 global enterprises accelerate the digital transformation of their products into integrated services, dramatically reducing their development costs while extending compatibility and lifetime value. IFTTT is the connectivity standard and low-code alternative to building your own integrations in-house. Our products have attracted 17 million consumers across 140 countries and served over 100 million activated connections. Enterprises like BMW, Domino’s, Amazon, Bosch, ING, and Samsung trust IFTTT for their connectivity solutions. Learn more at https://platform.ifttt.com

IFTTT Screenshots

IFTTT Reviews

1-50 of 81 total IFTTT reviews
Owner/Developer
Restaurants

"My Marketing Secret Weapon!"

What do you like best?

IFTTT is very much like a cooler version of Zapier but with a whole different approach. For entrepreneurs looking to expand the reach of their content marketing efforts, I recommend IFTTT to them for duplicating content from one social channel to others. It is great for triggers and alerts as well, which I use in my business to generate notifications for account activity on Stripe!

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more business use cases and integrations on IFTTT. Getting into more niche API integrations could definitely serve IFTTT much better. Also expanding the triggers and actions of their existing app integrations is key.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want an easy way to make software you already use communicate and work together, this is a great app choice to adopt. It may not have all of the app integrations you could ever dream of, but for what it does have, it does well!

Being able to show self-serve social media clients how to automatically syndicate content between social channels is incredibly powerful for entrepreneurs focused on time-savings and efficiency! Being able to send myself SMS notifications when new customers register in my business (through Stripe triggers) allows me to stay updated on new customer activity so I can be more present in the daily operations of my business.

Specialist Marketing
Writing and Editing

"World's Digital Worker"

What do you like best?

The best thing about IFTTT is that they offer a marketplace of automation. You can always be sure that the toggle's are legit by the verification mark of companies. For example, for one of my clients we utilize the youtube to tumblr tool, so when ever we make a post on our youtube, it will automatically upload to Tumblr. It isn't just for business, I use it personally with some home automation apps around my house, to set specific details on times and other aspects of this.

What do you dislike?

I wish they had the option to have people request different tools, but they are still very good.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you have a reason to use it, without having any prior idea about what you want to get from it.

Automation for sure. The biggest issue I see a lot of people having is updating across their website, social media's etc... and it allows me to publish at once and it go's across all of their Chanels.

(Myself Only)

"Streamlines my online sharing workflow considerably"

What do you like best?

I use this primarily to automatically repost anything I put up on Instagram to my Facebook business page. It saves me a lot of time as it would take me twice as long to go back and add everything I had already put up on Instagram to my Facebook page but IFTTT allows me to do it automatically.

What do you dislike?

Not all the applets work the way they're supposed to and sometimes the one I've chosen has not been updated and I will have to choose another one. I haven't gotten too much downtime from this though, so it's really not that big a deal. The pros far outweigh the cons as far as I am concerned.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are lots and lots of applets that can help you but even if you only choose one or two it can make a major difference in your work life.

I am able to streamline my social media posting workflow allowing me to spend more time interacting with potential customers and less time fussing over getting my content posted to different networks.

Owner/Headmaster
Higher Education

"Makes my life easier"

What do you like best?

I have business accounts with Facebook, Instagram and Etsy so it can get pretty tedious reposting the same content to each platform, especially when working on a phone! My most used applet is one that takes whatever I have posted to my Instagram account and automatically reposts it to my Facebook business page, cutting my workload for reposts in half.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I love this platform, it is immensely valuable to me and my business.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Even if you only find one applet that is useful it is worth checking out this extremely valuable platform!

I have been able to cut my workflow in half when it comes to posting on social media, allowing me to reach a wider audience more quickly and giving me time to focus on other necessary business tasks without spending all day on my phone uploading and posting to various sites.

Growth Manager

"Automate the boring stuff"

What do you like best?

I've probably gotten back 2 hours a day from the triggers I have set up on the platform, and in a lot of ways just made a more streamlined workflow. Community-sourced triggers help you think of additional possibilities. For a free service, it's fantastic, and really don't think you could ask for more. The service channels are wide and varied and suit both personal and professional life.

What do you dislike?

As great as the community sourcing is, sometimes it can really distract you from what you came there to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take some time to explore - and then the next time you find yourself doing a repetitive digital task - pop back into IFTT and see the different ways that you can automate it!

Automating social media work, creating reminders and triggers off of emails, and auto scheduling calendar events - exactly when I need them. It creates more space to focus on the things that really matter and can have a great impact on your day.

Student Ministries Director
Religious Institutions

"Very powerful yet simple to use platform for smart home owners"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love the simplicity that IFTTT provides to both people who love tech, and those who struggle with using tech. Setting up an account and connecting apps has never been easier, nor has setting up applets and commands using the multitude of different options available. There is definitely a bit of foreknowledge required to build your own applets, however there are numerous pre-made applets available that are easy to copy and recreate on your own.

What do you dislike?

I definitely miss multi-step applets, similar to those that can be run on competitors, such as Zapier. Also, while there are numerous integrations available, it would be beneficial to see those increase, and to see the existant ones receive further functions (such as Android device; the ability to play a playlist, connect to a google cast device; Google Calendar integrations that go into further detail, like on Zapier)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely is an automation program that I would recommend looking into because of it's ease of use and powerful integrations. The numerous app integrations and built-in functions for each integration make the platform a one-stop shop for most integrations, and the pricing (free!) makes it an easy choice to make over other competing apps.

Full disclosure; I use IFTTT mostly for home automation and smart home controls benefiting from the Google Assistant integration, however I have found IFTTT simplifies daily tasks like tracking work hours and automatically muting my phone during work hours; as well as simplifying Google Calendar events creation & integrating seamlessly with the Google Assistant to help create to-do lists, meetings, contacts, and more.

Professional Pet Sitter
Consumer Services

"IFTTT is a helpful do-it-all app"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use IFTTT to create applets that automatically run that I use to distribute my social media posts over the different social networks I use.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything that I dislike with IFTTT, at least for what I use it for.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I use IFTTT to do social marketing across the many different social networking platforms I use to get the word out about my business. After creating several different applets on IFTTT, I now only need to post my content on one social media platform, such as Facebook, and the same posting will appear on Instagram, Tumblr, Twitter, & more. IFTTT also has many other uses in addition to helping you streamline your social media content postings, but I'm not yet familiar with those aspects of this software.

IFTTT has made it so easy to post to my business' social media networks! My creating several different applets (quick and easy to do) I am able to post on one of my social media accounts and have that content appear quickly on all of them. It is so easy to reach my customer's with new social media content using IFTTT.

Digital Services Coordinator
Libraries

"Integrate your software and automate functions"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to integrate various unrelated software. It truly has an enormous variety of programs that it can work with. I also like the ability to automate certain functions such as silencing my phone based on my location. I like the fact that it can also work with smartphones, using phone notifications as possible actions to choose from.

What do you dislike?

Each software has certain triggers and actions to choose from when customizing what you want to happen. I just wish there were more triggers and actions available, since for some programs, it seems that the options are a bit limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take a look at applets created by others, to give you ideas on what kind of features to implement. You can reuse other people's applets or use them as the basis to create your own. If you are an Evernote user, think of all the information that could automatically be added to a note, giving you a permanent archive of (for example): your calendar, Instapaper highlights, tweets, Facebook statuses, etc.

Preventing my scatterbrained self from missing meetings. For example, I have an applet that checks my Google Calendar for the word "meeting" and sends me an email and phone notification 15 minutes prior to the start time. It has also allowed me to have easier access to my information, such as taking any highlights I make in Instapaper, and appending them to an Evernote note.

Co-Founder, Program Coordinator, Facilitator
Civic & Social Organization

"Easy Cross Pollination on Social Media and so much more"

What do you like best?

IFTTT allows our team to enter social media automation and focus on the central work that we are doing. After setting up the profile on IFTTT we can create one post and the recipes do all the heavy lifting. Its great that we can also create, as users, our own recipes to the tools we use the most.

What do you dislike?

i dislike the need for IFTTT to hash-tag all the posts. We would happily pay for that not to be part of the final posts there.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely acknowledge that there are better paid services and that there are so many ways to use this product - it can be used for personal account management and so much more. We use it in a limited way that really maximizes one area of our work. Taking time with the set-up is crucial.

We solve for efficiency with the product in major ways. We don't have to worry about the time that we would independently have to expend going to a handful of different websites and create posts in each individually. IFTTT allows us to limit our time spent on revenue generating activities heavily and focus on relationship building.

Senior Customer Marketing Manager
Internet

"Life automated - the coolest thing ever!"

What do you like best?

The number of plugins is astonishing. You can hook up your google drive (including sheets, calendar, etc.) which has been super cool for collecting a history of your actions - such as each of your tweets. And with the ability to hook up to your email, you can easily organize responses to outreach. I'm in Marketing and track campaign activity so this comes in handy.

What do you dislike?

So far, there's not much to complain about. I guess my only issue is that I haven't toyed around with the massive amount of options there are.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Check out their integrated apps and imagine how you could utilize it to keep things more organized / efficient. It doesn't hurt to give it a try and test it with your team. You'll be amazed at how much you can do with the platform. It's especially helpful to those who manage social media and might want another way to track the actions taken on different social sites.

General organization and capturing things in a secondary location (such as taking email alerts and inserting the responses into a more organized location - for example, rows in a google sheet that can then be shared with my team).

Social Media & Digital Marketing Educator
E-Learning

"IFTTT Makes Managing Your Online Presence Easier"

What do you like best?

I love the number of brands that integrate well with IFTTT. From Appliances, business and education tools there's almost nothing you can't integrate. I like the fact almost every social media platforms can be all triggered which is a great time saver. It's my go to app when I'm away from my desktop as I can manage my IFTTT activity via mobile and tablet,.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the fact that on some of the triggers for social media that you have to add a image url instead of being able to upload it directly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for an automation tool to link your Facebook, Twitter and Instagram platforms and many more without having to be on each platform every again then this is for you.

I use IFTTT to trigger off social media networks posts for twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and use it to schedule the release of WordPress blog post to send to Twitter. Save so much time and reassurance that once you switch it on you never have to look at it again. Love IFTTT!

Digital Marketing Manager

"One of the most overlooked tools. (*Ahem* Sign Up!)"

What do you like best?

There are too many things you can do with IFTTT, and you can get very creative.

- it's very straight - forward and easy to use

- has lots of great recipes and ideas

- has help tips along the way at all times

- FREE! (But you can pay for some additional features)

What do you dislike?

I dislike that i currently don't have enough time to explore the many options IFTTT offers. The tool is golden.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Grab it! If you are into social media & marketing automation, you need to sign up now and start exploring the many ways this software can help you deal with your day-to-day!

Social listening on Twitter:

- competition

- mentions

- conversations around a specific keyword

- track down tweets, save them to a spreadsheet and automate my Twitter!!

News updates

Reminders

Etc etc

Customer Success Manager
E-Learning

"IFTTT: Productivity & Fun in One"

What do you like best?

The user interface and the app are easy to understand and use. Integrating services is as easy as signing in with the click of a button. The applets you use are well-organized and the suggested applets are often very useful once IFTTT figures out more or less what you're looking for on its platform.

What do you dislike?

IFTTT is definitely set up more for personal than business use, with most of the applets focusing on connecting social media accounts and in-home automated devices like Amazon Echo, Hue lights, Nest thermostats, etc. If you're looking for something for automating business processes that has a more robust offering of integrated programs than Gmail and to-do lists, this may not be the right automation tool for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

IFTTT is definitely geared more toward personal use than business use. Zapier provides a similar automation product that is geared more toward business use. Personally, I use both, as they're both free (Zapier does have pricing options for additional features, but they have a forever-free version)

Personally? I'm finding my phone. I lose my phone every ten minutes (it's a problem) and I own an Amazon Echo. Weirdly, it's not a skill on the Echo to call a phone, but through an IFTTT applet I am able to ask the Echo to call my phone - and therefore find it. I don't actually use it for social media because I already utilize Hootsuite to coordinate social media posts for business - but if IFTTT proves to allow more integrations and more task completion without as much cost, it's possible that I'll switch.

(10,001+ employees)

"The Best Kept Secret for all!"

What do you like best?

IFTTT allows you to connect all of your devices in one. Social media platforms, to home security, and more! I love that i can connect things together to better maximize my time for business and personal. The best part is it is free! This helps if you are just starting in social media management and don't want to commit to a larger platform. This saves so much time for so many things. You can even have IFTTT text you the weather or news reports every morning! I could honestly spend hours looking through the applets. Additionally, the community made applets help you think of what you may need.

What do you dislike?

I havent found anything to dislike about IFTTT. Every applet works well and helps me stay on track!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

GET IT!!!! it is the most useful tool i use hands down. it doesnt take much to learn how to use either. it is very user friendly! anyone can benefit from this whether for personal or professional business uses.

Social media management, time saving, time management.

"Absolute Game Changer"

What do you like best?

I love that I can connect my social media platforms, website, and email funnel seamlessly. It saves me loads of time. Every time I create one piece of content, IFTTT sends it to all of my platforms at once.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could create more custom actions instead of just choose from the library.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend you make sure your website, email server, and other common apps are represented on IFTTT before going through the trouble of signing up and connecting all of your accounts. Most services are represented, so you should be fine.

Helps me stay on top of social media platforms that I would otherwise neglect. I hate Twitter and never log in because it drains my energy. But IFTTT makes sure I'm posting regularly with my own content and curated content.

Energy Conservation Project Manager
Renewables & Environment

"Automate & Simplify"

What do you like best?

IFTTT does a great job of automating tasks across multipled accounts. I don't need to log into each account and repeat the same actions to publish content, or to capture published content for redistribution.

What do you dislike?

Some of the services that operate within the IFTTT environment do not do the specific things I'd want, or some of the services are not yet on board.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When I first started using it I found it very complicated because I was not looking at it from the right point of view. The name really threw me off. There are video tutorials for everything out there, so if it is challenging for you, start with those.

This works very well with social media, so if you want to publish a promotion to multiple social platforms, IFTTT will offer numerous ways to acheive that with only one act on your part.

Titolare, progettista

"A wonderful and efficient way to connect web services"

What do you like best?

Everybody in these days relies on multiple web services: Gmail, Google Docs, Evernote, the stock iOS or Android apps, and all these pretty devices connected in the Internet of Things ... What IFTTT does is linking them together, through a system of applets made by the user in a very simple way (no need for programming, it's really, really intuitive). As an example, IFTTT could automatically send a completed iOS reminder to a Google Calendar, to keep track of its completion, or turn off the home lights when your phone is at a given distance form home... The possibilities are endless.

What do you dislike?

The free version has a certain lag in some cases, and one should beware about critical tasks since they could for some reason fail. But in general the system is robust and does its tasks well. Sometimes you may wish some other service. They are added over time, try to pull a request.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you subscribed to several web services, use IFTTT to connect them all and reach a whole new level of integration and synergy.

As everybody, we use multiple web services, and connecting them is extremely useful. As an example we used IFTTT to keep track of the wether during a year, just telling the system to log the data in a google sheet.

director

"great service to simplify some small things"

What do you like best?

It has enough integrations with services, as well as apps for every platform, so it can be used between devices which is very convenient.

What do you dislike?

Some integrations are weak, for example, creating a card in Trello doesn't allow line breaks in a description of the card.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try to research which integrations they have and search for useful applets for you or your business tasks.

Automating some small business routines, like creating repeating tasks in Trello, syncing screenshots on a phone with Evernote

Applications Engineer

"Too many IoT and Home Automation Devices? IFTTT should be your first step to connecting it and more"

What do you like best?

IFTTT is an excellent resource for automating so many everyday tasks. From integrating smart home devices to emailing and syncing social media content. I have not found an automated task yet that IFTTT has not been able to help me with.

What do you dislike?

Applet organization could be a little cleaner for general browsing. You are still able to directly search for applets, but browsing can be a little cluttered.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A great way to automate many routine tasks.

For devices and cloud functionality that we do not have. a direct API or communication link for, IFTTT allows us to perform a variety of different activities that would otherwise rely on such communications. We also use it for broadcast posting of the same content to multiple social media platforms and archiving posts as they are made to Google drive.

C

"Great tool to set up reminders outside of your calendar or email. Very dependable!"

What do you like best?

I love that I can set up any type of reminder for text or email, based on an event or on a regular time schedule.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when I get the IFTTT message, it is jumbled with multiple links that can get confusing. Once I got accustomed to using it, I just ignore those links mostly. I also adjusted the actual data I put into the IFTTT to be more comprehensive, with the link issue in mind.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a dependable outside resource for setting up reminders on many platforms. Sometimes, it takes a bit to get used to the way it all works, if you're not an Apple person, but it is well worth the time to figure it out. I liked it so much, I created a personal account, as well!

Scheduling and reminders are the main use. I've had issues with dependability of calendar or email based reminders, so this is an excellent dependable reminder system. It is invaluable in a high tempo environment. I can also set up recurring reminders for my monthly accounting and business management needs, as well as programming checks, or any other number of things.

Marketing Executive

"IFTTT - Best service I've ever used"

What do you like best?

I'm Media Blogger and Social Media Activist. I've to cover events and do its LIVE streaming, have to do its social media marketing on different channels at once, and in the end have to write blog on WordPress.com. Since, I've to be highly active on social media plus marketing on different channels. So, I've chosen this product to increase my followers, engaging audience, and marketing on different social networking sites at the same time. And the best thing of this product/service is whatever i want I can do with it. Like, I can create my own applets for marketing on different social networking sites at once, and the best thing is that I can tweet with pictures via Instagram, which previously I haven't gotten such kind of product. So, these two are the main and my favorite features of this service/product. This is the thing which doesn't make it best but also my favorite.

What do you dislike?

There are few channels which are missing, due to which i can not do marketing on such channels. if they resolve this issue then it'll become best and the excellent.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I'd strongly recommend everyone to use this service. If they really want to grow their business.

I'm working as an individual. I do SMM of entertainment (events, fashion shows, award shows, movie premieres etc.) via it, and because of it I've gained many followers and engaging audience. which is simply WOW.

Writer, Editor and Content Strategist
Writing and Editing

"Let's me keep control of my life"

What do you like best?

It's the most comprehensive way to automate a wide variety of tasks that involves no coding and let's you integrate nearly endless choices of platforms, software and systems.

What do you dislike?

It's certainly not the most user friendly system. There is definitely a big learning curve acting as barrier to entry with IFTTT.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take the time to learn it properly, especially for those tasks most important to simplifying your life. If you look deeply enough into it, it's likely it can do something, integrate something or automate something you never even considered as possible.

This comprehensive system lets me automate tasks, allowing me to spend my time less on busy work and monitoring and more on getting things done and living my life. As a self-employed freelancer, it's easy to let work take over my life. One of the most useful ways that I use IFTTT is by using it to control how and when I receive notifications, so I can be sure that the most important ones get to me right away, while the rest can wait until I'm ready to deal with them. This way I don't have to worry about missing out on great job opportunities or important notices, while also not being continually bombarded with every email that comes my way, disrupting my workflow and my downtime.

Founder/Owner
Internet

"My number one tool for time saving and organising"

What do you like best?

The first thing I noticed about IFTTT was how easy it is to use. I use it to promote posts, record data about incoming and outgoing calls and backup images from my Android phone.

What do you dislike?

To be honest, I've not really found anything I don't like. Both the web site and the Android app would well and are fairly trouble free.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're tied up with doing repetitive but simple tasks then it's worth checking out what you can do with IFTTT!

As I'm really busy with clients and blogging, being able to create rules to automate simple tasks is really helpful. And that's the real benefit, automating the simple stuff to leave you more time on bigger things.

Owner

"Makes my life easier"

What do you like best?

I love that I can use IFTTT to make up for the short comings of other social media scheduling programs.

What do you dislike?

It's easy to forget it's even there working away in the background doing what you told it to do when you try to troubleshoot some other social media scheduling issue...and then things get confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a very useful tool for so many reasons. It saves me lot's of time and energy when it comes to scheduling social media.

IFTTT allows me to share between Instagram and other platforms based on a specific hashtag instead of sharing every single Instagram post to another platform.

Graphic Designer
Printing

"All in one tool"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that this service integrates with so many other services across all platforms! A couple of really great examples being, Verizon cloud to Amazon cloud data exchange. I also use their feed reader to post TV shows to my google calendar so I don't miss a single one.

What do you dislike?

Really the only thing that I dislike is when I forgot I changed a password and it disconnects my service on IFTTT and it breaks my recipe but with a quick click i can reconnect.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

First off check out all the other recipes others have made before making your own 75% of the time someone has though of your idea and is sharing it.

Well I solved the if I want to ride my scooter to work in the morning will I get wet by making a recipe that alerts me to a certain percent chance of rain that delivers it to my smartwatch.

UD

"Solid and simple integration tools"

What do you like best?

For simple logic connections between apps and services IFTTT is brilliant. It's very easy to set up "applets" to connect services and simplify my life and work considerably. For example, I have set up applets that automatically add native posts from Twitter (my preferred social network) to Facebook and LinkedIn. This allows me to simplify my social media content flow and still reach people I care about who prefer those other networks.

What do you dislike?

The logic is usually restricted to a simple "if this then that" formula. Sometimes more complex equations would be very helpful. For example, I have to have separate applets for each social media service I use when I could combine all of them into one "recipe" with a little more complexity. Sometimes the services I want to connect are not available and/or the actions I want to trigger or act on are not available within the service.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are other services similar to IFTTT that may provide better connections between services if cost is not a problem. The simplest of these, in my opinion, is IFTTT. However, they do lack certain integrations and options that would be very helpful.

Simplifying workflows by automating the flow of content and information between services that are otherwise not connected.

Internet Marketing Manager

"IFTTT. Simple, Powerful, Easy. Something for everyone, not just tech heads."

What do you like best?

IFTTT lets you set up 'recipes' that allow the user to make actions happen within the social media, and apps they already use.

Do you want to know when the kids get home from school. Get IFTTT for their device, and set it up. (IF) (THIS) phone is here (via location service) (THEN) send Parents text message to phone.

Want to not have all your photos in FB. Then make a recipe to send FB photos to google drive, dropbox, or upload to flicker.. Etc..

What do you dislike?

With so many things to do it's almost like having too much choice. It can be overwhelming IFTTT should break down into very simple categories. Like (parent will love these) .. or (tracking recipes etc)

Solving problems for social media distribution. Recipes for myself, and personal user as well. It's a great system.

Import Manager
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Great automatization tool"

What do you like best?

IFTTT takes a rather complex idea and makes it simple to use. There's often stuff you can forget to do, or the stuff you need to do often, it becomes so tedious that you can actually forget about it. IFTTT solves this with receipts - automating your workflow and does "something" when "somethign else" happens.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to not like abot IFTTT it's actually pretty bare-bone, but does a lot. The free limits are somewhat low, but that's a little problem

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Think about what you do everyday. Think how you can streamline it. Now go to IFTTT and do this with simple triggers.

Automating some parts of mywork. For example, automatically saving Gmail attachments to my OneDrive account.

Food Editor
Internet

"Harness the power of the Internet without learning to code"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about IFTTT is that it turns otherwise complicated tasks that I'd never attempt into really easy button-clicks. You can build an appelet for seemingly anything. My favorite are the search notifications that allow me to create alerts for Craigslist. I've been able to snag apartment listings and furniture I likely wouldn't have been vigilant enough to find otherwise.

What do you dislike?

I don't really have any complaints - it's great.

As a tastemaker, it's my job to know trends. I use alerts that integrate with Instagram through IFTTT to keep my finger on the pulse.

Promotional Photographer
(Myself Only)

"Makes my life way easier!"

What do you like best?

I love how simple it is to get started, especially with recommended recipes. I'm especially happy now that my favorite app, Trello, is finally on IFTTT. I even have a recipe so I can send articles from Pocket to Instapaper, which I can then send from Instapaper directly to kindle - Fantastic!

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more options for connections. For example, I wish I could add a "star" to Toodledo and have it turn my To Do item into a Trello card. Some connections don't work backward - like I can use Instagram to be the start of a recipe, but I can't automate things to Instagram.

I know this isn't the fault of IFTTT, as much as it's part of what they have access to.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it - you'll love it! You'll find so many uses for it, and you'll find yourself becoming more creative as you find new ways to try it out.

The way to make this the absolute best is to connect all the channels to accounts you have. They've also got stuff for smart homes - something I look forward to using when I get a few of the smart home items.

I'm using it to automate certain aspects of my social media. One such use I love is connecting my Instagram to twitter, so my image will automatically upload to twitter as well - as opposed to uploading as a link when I use Instagram's link.