IBM Watson Tone Analyzer

IBM Watson Tone Analyzer is a service that uses linguistic analysis to detect three types of tones from text: emotion, social tendencies, and language style, emotions identified include things like anger, fear, joy, sadness, and disgust, identified social tendencies include things from the Big Five personality traits used by some psychologists includi openness, conscientiousness, extroversion, agreeableness, and emotional range and identified language styles include confident, analytical, and tentative.

Work for IBM Watson Tone Analyzer?

Learning about IBM Watson Tone Analyzer?

IBM Watson Tone Analyzer Reviews

Showing 15 IBM Watson Tone Analyzer reviews
IBM Watson Tone Analyzer review by Cleidy C.
Cleidy C.

"How to improve your communication strategy with IBM Watson tone Analyzer"

What do you like best?

I like the theme of being able to decipher the emotionality of the customer in question, improving the way you communicate with customers is impressive, once you create your credentials you start with the plans that IBM can offer you, through its three plans, where you can not only read the messages and decipher them but you can also look for improvements in the calls you receive and see how feedback is given between the customer and customer service.

What do you dislike?

In my case is not clear the process of deciphering the emotionality through calls, because the plans allow you to at least the free, 2500 calls, and do not know if the neurolinguitical processor through modulation assumes emotions or understands the emotions of customers when calling.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Improve your communication with your client with IBM Watson Tone Analayzer, decifra your emotionality is extremely simple

For me is a great help to improve communication and connection with our customers, even to direct a new campaign, it is good to measure how many people can identify with it, however, it is also good to improve the ability of the employee to attend the calls and have a smooth communication, where the customer feels confident and attended, is very interesting as it gives you partial results in color, is amazing.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about IBM Watson Tone Analyzer
IBM Watson Tone Analyzer review by Magaly Adriana P.
Magaly Adriana P.

"Perform a more accurate analysis of your audience or clientele with IBM tone Analyzer"

What do you like best?

I feel extremely excited to know this IBM application, super renewing offers you the opportunity to perform a linguistic analysis which is responsible for deciphering the emotionality with which the message is sent, so you can better classify your clientele and even be able to separate them, the ability to write is extremely broad if you consider the social networks of 1000 characters

What do you dislike?

Rather than provide something negative, I suggest you do more advertising for this product, as it can be very helpful for new companies that want to recruit a specific audience, in the same way know if it exists for multimedia platforms, Internet pages etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Directing a message to a specific audience will not be a problem with IBM Tone Analyzer.

Solving with IBM Watson Tone Analyzer is extremely simple, because if you start a campaign or advertising proposal, with launching tips of what your company will offer in social networks, can basically give you an answer in knowing if it is well targeted to the selected audience or if on the contrary does not have any kind of acceptance

What Natural Language Processing (NLP) solution do you use?

IBM Watson Tone Analyzer review by Yudith Marlene A.
Yudith Marlene A.

"How to make a good campaign with IBM Watson Tone Analyzer"

What do you like best?

This new addition to Watson is extremely ingenious, as it has artificial intelligence that gives you a linguistic analysis that can decipher the emotionality of the writer, has the ability to mount about 1000 words where it can be a short or long campaign, depending on the interest you want to give, something satisfying to be able to make campaigns aimed at specific customers

What do you dislike?

No the application does not specify if it does analysis of short multimedia within networks, or if it can be used by other platforms, or if it is designed for social networks, that is not clear on the IBM page when looking for information, know what means each color that throws the system who defines the color for emotions

Recommendations to others considering the product

Making an advertising campaign is extremely simple if you use IBM Watson Tone Alalyze

I particularly have the opportunity to present this in my work, as a way to attract more customers, 1 know how I am positioned in the market and 2 know that the trend of customers who follow me would be a great help if approved by my superiors

IBM Watson Tone Analyzer review by frauzelimar p.
frauzelimar p.

"Understand your customers through IBM Watson Tone Analyzer"

What do you like best?

The versions that IBM Watson brings are more and more exciting and exciting, this time tone Analyzer comes to facilitate the work of any marketing company, where it has a linguistic analysis of the writer where `can determine the emotionality of it, where it gives you the opportunity to direct a better message to a certain group, is fantastic

What do you dislike?

Negative in this application, for me is that the IBM page does not have a great explanation about the tone analyze function, where I explained step by step how to set up the process to get answers from the writers and be able to perceive the functions it brings

Recommendations to others considering the product

For any company that needs to mount a strategic campaign aimed at a specific clientele IBM Watson is the best option to know if you're going in the right direction.

With this software you can solve any strategy you want to launch as a company, whether for shoes, electrical items, advertising campaigns, among others, because you can mount a small strategy, either for social networks, where you occupy 128kb, and with this software, know if it is well targeted to customers who want to capture, without losing a campaign or money.

G2 User

"One of the best emotion analysis tools out there"

What do you like best?

I love the concept and how this organized into different tone categories. It's such a useful tool and can be very flexible to implement anywhere.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how there isn't much documentation on how the tones respond to text. For instance, in general analysis (not tone utterances), the "agreeableness" tone doesn't respond to anything. I was first suspicious when it didn't register for the word "agree". After seeing it not respond to agreeable statements, I tried a lot more only to see it just isn't included in any of the scores.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great API to use in conjunction with others from IBM like the Speech-To-Text and Text-To-Speech. I would spend a lot of time considering whether or general analysis or tone_utterance analysis is right for you.

We're using it to enable real-time analysis of call center agents when speaking with customers. It's going to allow our clients to monitor and enhance their call center experience.

IBM Watson Tone Analyzer review by G2 User in Computer Software
G2 User in Computer Software

"IBM Tone Analyzer Experience"

What do you like best?

1.) It is very easy to set up.

2.) It is used by a global audience so if you have queries regarding products you can find solutions at stack overflow and IBM forums.

3.) Its emotions detection capability. It can detect emotions in slang too.

4.) Accuracy is quite good.

5.) Its AI features are awesome.

What do you dislike?

1.) The language supports is limited. It does not support Hindi(Important to me).

2.) Watson can not think irrationally, I mean its AI is certainly limited to rational thinking.

3.) Its AI uses Machine Learning, so I think with time it will be better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I will definitely recommend it to all my business friends who want to extend their business.

I am using it to analyze my customer chat support. Using it to find what are the problems, my customers are facing the most.

IBM Watson Tone Analyzer review by G2 User in Consumer Services
G2 User in Consumer Services

"IBM Watson Tone Analyzer"

What do you like best?

This program is absolutely awesome. This is your one stop shop for all things app based and building. It gives you step by step directions on so many options in building the things you'd like inside your app developing. Chat bots, banking bots, recognition with face, so many things to try and it's so easy to learn how.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything specifically bothering that I dislike, I have no issues this far running things on here but the only thing may be the overall cost

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are developing software and focused primarily on apps then this is your program. This is loaded with options to fit all of your needs all within one software program and I loved how easy it was to use once I was signed up and getting a hang of the layout and how things all worked. It's user friendly and actually rather fun to use and it'll make you want to continue to use this for your future needs.

Here at our business I have been able to build a business app that is allowing our customers to have a better way of interacting with us whether in the office our out on job sites. The technology is amazing and it's made communicating so much easier.

G2 User

"Looking for overview of comments"

What do you like best?

The Watson Tone Analyzer has a very simple setup and lays out clear examples of how to better understand your audience's view.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much int eh way of language support for worldwide campaigns. Very US english focused.

It may be too early to see any real ROI, but current general instincts of mood seems to be supported by the data in Watson

IBM Watson Tone Analyzer review by Inmaculada I.
Inmaculada I.

"Setup is simple"

What do you like best?

Setup is simple and you can inject it into any app. It provides SDK's for Android, Java, Python... So iT's very useful

What do you dislike?

Support is only in english and french. It could be great if there would be support in spanish

I think now we can get more customers because we know better how we are positioned .

IBM Watson Tone Analyzer review by G2 User in Hospital & Health Care
G2 User in Hospital & Health Care

"Cloud analytics with Watson "

What do you like best?

Ibm Watson is the smartest analytical engine that I have seen, though it is on costly side. We are working on poc for it.

What do you dislike?

Cost of it is very hig, it is good for large companies but affordable by small or mid size companies.

We are trying to leverage Natural language processing using IBM Watson tone analyzer in which we are tey8ng to analyze and understand emotions, social tendencies and perceived conversation style of our members when they talk to us.

G2 User

"Use this tool to understand better the clients feedback"

What do you like best?

This tool allows my team to understand better the feedback behind client reviews. I integrated with a custom post/blog system and stored the resulting score and tone used by the client.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the result is not 100% accurate. I'm assuming this platform is getting better every day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please take a look at the examples can be really helpful.

I get a better understand from a client review and allow the business to take a better decision about this specific client.

IBM Watson Tone Analyzer review by G2 User in Hospital & Health Care
G2 User in Hospital & Health Care

"Incredibly cool tool for analyzing human emotion!"

What do you like best?

I think its quite incredible that this program can make analyses as to the emotions behind real people's social media posts/writing.

What do you dislike?

I believe the emotions are too limited, but this is likely a constraint of the technology and will improve as machine learning improves

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an incredible tool for analyzing customer's moods through social media posting, but limited emotion choices can make it more gimmicky than a real tool for analysis.

Helping to mass-analyze human emotion and happiness with our products through social media posts.

IBM Watson Tone Analyzer review by Carlos Daniel C.
Carlos Daniel C.

"An amazing tool, but not so in spanish...."

What do you like best?

It helps a lot in the day to day communication, many times save me of send bogus or agressive mails.

What do you dislike?

In spanish the tool is too sluggy at present....

Recommendations to others considering the product

At today, only full benefits in english.....

Lots of mails, in english, well toned and successful negotiations achieved!!

G2 User

"Watson Sentiment needs improvement"

What do you like best?

Watson analyzes the basic sentiments of a conversation for the most part

What do you dislike?

The tone analysis is not always accurate and most of the time it picks up the wrong sentiment. Also, it would be good to have broader minute sentiment.

Understanding the customer sentiment so we can action upon accordingly.

G2 User

"IBM watson tone analyzer review"

What do you like best?

I love that it can understand me so well and that it is very accurate

What do you dislike?

I do not like that it happens to break a lot and I am always having to call technical support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it!

I am communicating with coworkers. I have realized it is very efficient.

Learning about IBM Watson Tone Analyzer?

* We monitor all IBM Watson Tone Analyzer reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.