1. Automation of campaign is complicated and time consuming.
2. You Cannot reschedule a campaign. You have to unscheduled a campaign and do the complete process again. Every simple email marketing tool have this function that a scheduled campaign time can be changed but not in silverpop. You have to go through the same process of creating and scheduling a campaign again.
3. You cannot make changes in a automated campaigns. You have to cancel that automation and then again do the same process. Automation is meant to decrease the work load and optimize the automated campaign by changing the subject line, small changes in content etc. But you cannot do that in silverpop.
4. You cannot make any changes in a scheudled campaign, Like changing subject line, content etc.
5. Loading time. On every step of silverpop you will have to wait and see the pop ups and progress bar coming in. That is frustrating and irritating.
6. Email deliverability - They does not take care of IPs, they will give you IPs to handle yourself, You have assign the ips yourself to each and every query and segments you create. An inexperienced person who is new to email marketing may spoil the IP and domain reputation.
7. Support - support team takes there own time to answer your request and their support is not available on saturdays and sunday.
8. Report tabs. If you have a large database and you have already done many campaigns then report tab will not load at all. It will keep on loading and suddenly it will show unexpected error occurred.
If you want to automate your email marketing, Recommendation campaigns etc. Do not go for silverpop at all. Even if you want to use silverpop as a bulk email marketing tool then also I will not recommend it because the deliverability team of Silverpop is not experienced and they will let you handle your IPs which is dangerous. Even if you go for 5-6 IPs for your organization they will not rotate the IPs, You will have to manually assign the IPs to each and every query. But they will pool the ip for rotation if you insist.
I have been into email marketing from last 7 years and have used N number of tools but this is the worst tool I have worked on. It is complicated, time consuming and irritating tool where you will see pop ups, progress bars every now and then. I would not recommend this tool at all. If you want to save your time and money.