IBM Verse

3.4

IBM® Verse® is an analytics-based communications and collaboration platform. Unlike regular email, it analyzes your work patterns and helps you prioritize. Information, people and tasks are presented through a personalized, clutter-free interface that anticipates what you need, when you need it — you don’t need to go through your email and calendar to figure it out. IBM Verse also integrates collaboration capabilities like instant messaging, file sharing and connections to social networks. You can operate IBM Verse from the cloud or an IBM Domino® server, from your desktop or virtually any mobile device.

Work for IBM Verse?

Learning about Business email platform?

IBM Verse Reviews

Ask Business email platform a Question
Showing 19 Business email platform reviews
Business email platform review by Milan M.
Milan M.

"IBM Verse - Fastest Mail Client"

What do you like best?

IBM Verse in the cloud or on Premises is the fastest Mail Client I have ever used, and I tried many (Gmail, Outlook, etc.). It is extremely responsive and easy to use. Hands down it saves me a lot of time at work.

I like how the "Search" is implemented and how the development team made it easy to use and user friendly. It packs a lot of features which other Mail Clients are lacking, so simple and yet extremely efficient.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that you cannot customize it at this point, Next Version will bring new branding capability, I guess we have to wait a bit more to get that sorted out.

At this point you can not use ICS Files, this is also coming in the new Version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out, it is easy to implement and maintain, do not miss this jewel.

It is fast like Hell and it saves time. It helps me organize and be more Produktive throughout the day.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about IBM Verse
Business email platform review by User

"Helpful on the go with room for improvement"

What do you like best?

Being able to manage my work emails while on the go and see my calendar in great detail. A great feature is that the app will combine a thread of emails into a group that you can easily navigate one after another.

What do you dislike?

The inability to use same time chat with my colleagues and see the chat history. I would also like to see the profile images of my work contacts.

- Being able to monitor work activity after work in case I need to take action in emergency situations

- Preparing for meetings in the morning that I had forgotten beforehand

- Being notified whenever I receive an email and I am not near my computer

What Email solution do you use?

"IBM Verse Review "

What do you like best?

Ability to view other people's calendars. Smartcloud Notes Web mail view.

What do you dislike?

IBM Verse mail view. The fact that Smartcloud Notes Web doesn't always work smoothly as it is not the recommended viewing portal for mail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that Outlook or Gmail is more agile, but Verse is sufficient for most business purposes. Having used Outlook and Gmail for business email purposes in the past, I must admit I prefer their software and find it more user-friendly on the whole. Verse takes a little while to get used to using it, as a platform it is quite different from others and navigating around it can feel rather clunky. However, I find that using the Smartcloud Notes Web helps to improve the overall experience for using the mail functionality. The software defaults to IBM Verse mail view, which I do not like so much. Calendar functionality is good because it enables you to view other people's calendars, but poor in that once somebody declines a meeting invitation, if they do not click on a very small 'keep me notified' button then they do not receive a notification when the meeting is rescheduled to a time that does work in their diaries.

Only this week we discovered the sharing screen remote meeting functionality, which is a great tool.

Business email platform review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Has a lot of potential "

What do you like best?

The best thing is that, it is Cloud based.

Now you can access your emails and calendar on the move from anywhere.

There's a lot of work put in from IBM and it shows in the tool performance as well. It’s super fast in searching through emails. It’s inbuilt chat feature is another great addition to normal email client.

What do you dislike?

It should be able to integrate with other email clients as well to export their email format. There should be options available to customize it like in other email clients. The interface needs little time to get familiar, not the most simplest design.

Saves a lot of time. The inbuilt chat feature really makes a difference.

It’s easily accessible from anywhere.

Business email platform review by User

"IBM Verse is too complicated"

What do you like best?

The IBM Verse app is the most helpful part of this software. IBM has great tech masters on the development end for sure. Our employees use the app. IBM offers very helpful consultations about Verse as well.

What do you dislike?

I really dislike the cluttered nature of this software. It claims to be not cluttered, but it is indeed. It is confusing for newer employees and they end up communicating less effectively than before.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it. It starts out with a big learning curve but its worth the price.

We organized everyone's communication on the same platform which was helpful but would be more helpful with a clearer platform. The benefits of this are large as it is easier to organize everyone.

Business email platform review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources

"ibm, vintage is best"

What do you like best?

I like the brand name, reputability, stability. They know about computers before all of the changes yet have kept up and re branded themselves.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I like what they stand for and how they operate. I don't like that they are more geared toward corporations vs independent professionals

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are seeking a new way to email, aggregate email information overload, then IBM Verse would be very helpful. They are a very reliable brand and their service is spot on, going from building machines, to integrating software and now enhancing email services with Verse.

Email communications are smoother and more realistic even if remote.

Business email platform review by Art W.
Art W.

"Great option for cloud "

What do you like best?

I use IBM Verse for my email and I am happy to use the Watson capabilities like see my next meeting in the subtitles and the ability to sort through my emails to get to ones from my manager

What do you dislike?

It can be rather cumbersome to find emails at times and you can't archive

Faster means of instant messaging and finding email from my most prevalent contacts

Business email platform review by Administrator in Hospitality
Administrator in Hospitality

"Cloud Email with all the features"

What do you like best?

Fully Feature Enabled - Feels like local client but accessible via web. Search is super fast and accurate. Mobile app is all-in-one making checking email and calendar super simple

What do you dislike?

Similar to local client, will sometimes freeze requiring page to be closed and reloaded

Recommendations to others considering the product

Verify cloud features everything you need

Provide users with full access to their email without having to set them up locally in client.

Business email platform review by User in Higher Education

"IBM Verse review"

What do you like best?

IBM verse have helped me a lot with my email. In general, it has helped me a lot with files, uploads, updates, and sharing with a blog.

What do you dislike?

There isnt really a thing that I would say that i dont like

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend to everyone who doesnt have the time to be sending personal emails to a lot of people. IBM Verse does its job very well.

It saves me a lot of time and it makes much easier to do my everyday job.

Business email platform review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great tool"

What do you like best?

I like that I can have a chat session through my email.

What do you dislike?

I think the application could be a little more seamless and easy to use.

I use it to communicate with others in the business and it helps productivity throughout my team

Business email platform review by User in Higher Education

"IBM Verse"

What do you like best?

IBM Verse is the Fully integrated mailing client which can be accessed through the webpage, and give you access to everything your emails, calendars,.... etc

What do you dislike?

Nothing in particular, but previously there was a limited quota for your mail which was too little and you had to make a copy of your emails

Access it from the web without a specific mailing client and the UI was very rich

Business email platform review by User in Computer Software

"Average"

What do you like best?

It is a pretty sleek browser-based version to use LotusNotes. It is relatively easy to use and the complexity is nicely hidden.

What do you dislike?

It still needs work on some basic functionality. For example, I found it difficult to share calendar entries. I also could not add an external calendar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is relatively cheap, but missing features.

General use of email and calendar. The benefits are self explanatory.

Business email platform review by User

"Good web client for email, calendar, contacts"

What do you like best?

One of the best features of Verse is the layout of the UI - I find it easy to use, and makes very good use of space on the screen.

What do you dislike?

There are a few things I wish I could easily customize that I can't

Stay in contact with my team and clients through email, meetings and contact info.

"Notes"

What do you like best?

I have a calendar and meetings in one place.

All applications are available from one place.

What do you dislike?

Search works inaccurately. Often when writing an e-mail the text writing indicator is lost.

The 'verse' messenger has no history.

I have a calendar and meetings in one place.

Business email platform review by User in Financial Services

"Simple enough to use but not oustanding"

What do you like best?

It is quite intuitive and easy to use with simple interface.

What do you dislike?

it doesn't particularly stand out in the cloud email market. It lacks integration of gmail and the user friendliness of the microsoft suite.

Recommendations to others considering the product

simple and secure enough but don't expect much more

allows email over the cloud

Business email platform review by Administrator in Broadcast Media
Administrator in Broadcast Media

"Quality Organization "

What do you like best?

Good Organization and effectively organizes

What do you dislike?

It was a little overwhelminghow manynoptions there were for an e-mail service. Maybe a better layout or intuitive options would help.

Just with managing clients, and does the job well. It’s clear and works, just a little difficult to start.

Business email platform review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Works great"

What do you like best?

I can easily add things onto my calendar while being on the same page as email

What do you dislike?

Being a web based product, without internet access it doesn’t push anything new.

I can easily respond and schedule clients on my calendar with verse

Business email platform review by User

"IBM Verse - Great application for enterprise conversation."

What do you like best?

Accessibility from web and secure conversation.

What do you dislike?

Tightly integrated with IBM hardware and can't be accessed from outside laptops.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Using it efficiently in IBM laptops with secured credentials

Conversation with IBM employees throughout the world.

Business email platform review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Not a bad email. But could be a lot better"

What do you like best?

Calendar functionalities work like a charm and folders are easily created

What do you dislike?

Color scheme can make it easy to miss emails. Also, you can't attache emails like Outlook

Every day email is solved..

Learning about IBM Verse?

* We monitor all IBM Verse reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.