IBM CPQ

4.0

IBM Sterling Configure, Price, Quote enables your sales team and channel partners to accurately configure, price, quote, and order complex products & services.

Work for IBM CPQ?

Learning about IBM CPQ?

IBM CPQ Reviews

Ask IBM CPQ a Question
Showing 83 IBM CPQ reviews
IBM CPQ review by Yudith Marlene A.
Yudith Marlene A.

"Improve your sales with IBM CPQ"

What do you like best?

This program is a sales adviser and counselor, in which its main tool is to help improve the sales processes to adjust the parameters of the buyers, where it can be adapted as much as the prices as in the quality of the product you are looking for , in addition to that, it gathers the testimonials of the clients, in order to improve the sales process, it also gives the opportunity to cross-sell in order to find a better option for the client, it allows you to perform a quote visibility process , fast and safe

What do you dislike?

This software has the purpose of being able to improve your sales, for me it has nothing negative that is a very complete software to compete and attract clients

Recommendations to others considering the product

should give more information about this software so that new users have more information

My experience is test however the tools to improve the sales process, where you can create the parameters and the software will give you options for improvements, after the sale the system collects if you want the buyer's testimony, for Know how you can improve your sales and get many more sales options

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about IBM CPQ
IBM CPQ review by Bryant D.
Bryant D.

"User Experience and rules"

What do you like best?

I like the IBM services and how the system keep a good maintenance for user to use. This is very convenient and useful than any other else that I had been use before.

What do you dislike?

Be honestly, there was not something that I feel dislike. Only thing is too wait for the next update on the program and system to expect the new things coming up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

IBM CPQ had provide a very good user experience to user friendly and owner who run the business and it is very easy to make everything work more efficiency than others. I like the service and system of keep the products achieve's what people expect. I highly recommend to use it and you will be able to see how it help you to run on your business or to user's experience. All in all, this is just so awesome.

I used the IBM CPQto work on my business and simplify the selling of complex products in order to provide the best services and experience.The challenging of selling processes by automating the configuration, pricing and quoting of complex products, services and more than expect. It save me a lot of time and keep my life easier on organized everything for business, which include price quote, multi tasking, solution, relationship management, and so on.

What CPQ solution do you use?

IBM CPQ review by Hunter V.
Hunter V.

"My Experience with IBM cpq"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use, especially whing I have large quotes to work up, having everything generated automatically really take a lot of the leg work out of having to get pricing, for me and my crew here at SDC and take the burden of monotonous slaving to get something fast for the customer out of the job detail and creates an easier way for us to be more efficient and effective in our general everyday performance

What do you dislike?

I can honestly say that in the period of time that me and my partners, co-workers, and staff here at SDC have been using this software program, it has been a delight that has made us much more effective and confident. I can't really say that there have been a lot of dislikes in regards to this product. I think I am pleased in every aspect thus far

Recommendations to others considering the product

Non at this time I think everything is really running smoothly as far ad I can tell, great product works well and I am very pleased with its performance and will continue to use it in the future

It makes it so much easier for us to do pricing when a customer comes to us with somthing big or if somthing has a bunch of SKU's in it that would normally take hours, it now only take minutets and when large quoting oppertunities come in this program puts ease into the work load allowing us to focus on other important daily tasks

IBM CPQ review by Ivy B.
Ivy B.

"Sterling Order Management"

What do you like best?

The program makes cancelling orders and modifying order charges a little simpler than other programs we use.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the program is terribly slow, which can be a bit of a challenge when you have a customer on the phone. I also find that I have to close out of the program frequently and redo steps multiple times to get the program to work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would not recommend this particular software to a business, because of the level of difficult I've personally experienced trying to use it. I am unsure if it is due to the complexity of the software, but no one in our company seems to fully understand how the program works, and it can present major problems with cancelling special order sales. I have experienced extreme customer dissatisfaction while using this software.

It is a somewhat functional software for placing customer orders. I have not noticed many specific benefits to the Sterling software.

IBM CPQ review by Mary Thomas P.
Mary Thomas P.

"Forward-thinking method for quicker sales"

What do you like best?

IBM® CPQ has helped my team log sales for several new digital products we offer to advertisers. The main thing I like is that it is consistent with other IBM programs I've used - clean and simple. IBM has a sleek interface that I find relatively easy to use. IBM CPQ is a forward-thinking program that offers ways to track a client's success. There is also a useful price management module that is easy for all channels to access that help our business make the best decision for conducting further sales.

What do you dislike?

In the beginning, there was a noticeable lag when opening this program. It also slowed down other functions running at the same time. However, it seems like this issue is getting better and is rarely an issue anymore.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Experience with other IBM programs

IBM CPQ is helping us get to our goal of drastically shortening what was originally a lengthy sales cycle to a more concise and faster turning one. Some of the main benefits they've provided are: automated pricing and approval processes plus helping to deliver the products and services our customers need in a lot less time, and with more accuracy.

IBM CPQ review by NASEER S.
NASEER S.

"Implementation was very custom and performance of the product was not optimum"

What do you like best?

Product provide good tools like visual modeler to configure rules but during implementation it was not mature enough. It capability to integrate with WCS and OMS was defintely good and helpful. IBM product team provided excellent service to implement the product. Post implemntation service is good but can be improved, in my view.

What do you dislike?

Performance Caching Mechanism Model/Rules flexibiblity and Scalability. Not ready for on-prem cloud implementation Roadmap is not very clear to meet digital architecture initiatives

If I had to start over then I would compare and contrast the product with other options in the market more closely. I would like to review any other large scale deployment of the product and definitely review the best possible architecture to get best performance in my eco system.

IBM CPQ review by Administrator in Automotive
Administrator in Automotive

"Easy to use and understand if a beginner "

What do you like best?

What do you like best?

CPQ does a number of things that simply makes dealing with clients and business easy. I have found that the system reduces costs in many aspects. By that I mean you no longer need a manual pricing execution which in return enables business users to facilitate price maitenience, lowers call center volumes, improved customer satisfaction, saves time and efficiency. In turn this is reducing many unnecessary costs and time for our business, sales, and customers.

What do you dislike?

What do you dislike?

I wouldn’t say I dislike anything, but I will say that I do prefer other systems over this one, as far as lead management is concerned. Also this system is very technical, and for all the other features it offers, it’s not very user friendly, which is why I only use it for two main functions; pricing, proposals.

Customer satisfaction, improved timing with products being available to the market, order processing time has increased by 60%, online sales revenue have almost quadrupled, increased sales, ensures accuracy of pricing, etc;

IBM CPQ review by User

"Experience with ibm cpq"

What do you like best?

I used this software when i was working in a school. This software allowed everyone to make the order easily by categorizing and automating. All we have to do is to sign up and fill out all the rows/quotes and from there software showed us the price and quoting management. At the school most we used was the organizing modeling

What do you dislike?

The software might looks overwhelming at first because of all the information but once we learned how to use it, it was actually pretty easy and really saved us lot of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it yourself and you will save yourself lot of time and headache!

School needs lot of supplies of course. So with this software we can actually compared all the pricing about certain item that we wanted to buy and reviewed it And bought it. Very easy.

IBM CPQ review by Administrator in Government Administration
Administrator in Government Administration

"Best resource ever"

What do you like best?

Best performance and lower cost in the market . fully managed cloud data warehouse powered by IBM BLU Acceleration, We have over 50 computers and they are in tip top condition because of the great program we have. Great combination of data sources and can easily integrate advanced analytics like data science and machine learning.

What do you dislike?

I think IBM could benefit from Spanish and Creole programs/translated for the clients that speak those languages. fully managed cloud data warehouse powered by IBM BLU Acceleration®

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, this company is known and has an amazing track record. Reliable and has been on the market for many years

IBM integrates advanced analytics data science and machine learning. We manage different jobs with Honk, Urgently and other tow truck agencies, we respond to jobs all over the State via computers and phone too.

"Amazing Product"

What do you like best?

I think that this product is amazing I think that this product is amazing I think that this product is amazing I think that this product is amazing I think that this product is amazing

What do you dislike?

I think that this product is amazing I think that this product is amazing I think that this product is amazingI think that this product is amazing

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great

IBM CPQ review by Josh P.
Josh P.

"The IBM CPQ application synchronizes your online sales and distribution channels."

What do you like best?

What i like about this program is that you can manage sales channels. You can also access a lot of different things from delivery details to how your clients success is doing.

What do you dislike?

What i dislike a little about this program is that there's not a lot going on for freelancers, but they make up for it in many different ways.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Manage sales channels

Coordinate distribution

Automatic synchronization

Mobile compatible

Manage sales quotes

Free upgrade quotations

Business problems? no more like i can handle everything! problem or no problem. The benefits? again i solve everything with this, at least when i was using it. I would use it again.

"IBM Review"

What do you like best?

What i like the most is that it is an easy and not too complex system in terms of understanding and working about the system. There are a few complexities but when working about the system there are things that you can figure out on your own.

What do you dislike?

What I don’t like is that system crashes more than necessary. I dont know if it just at my office but system tends to crash and it takes a while to pull up again.

I am usually handling sales of IBM products so what I have solved are any questions regarding the product and some questions about the system itself. Benefits would be that IBM is a well known compamy so it has been an easy pitch.

IBM CPQ review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"CPQ review "

What do you like best?

One of the main things that I love about this tool is the flexibility it gives to it pisses heaters by providing all different price tears no matter if you’re a small business or a large enterprise customer. It’s also very easy to use so there’s not too many complications with the tool itself. One other thing that makes it unique is the permission levels which make it easy for internal team is to communicate throughout the channels.

What do you dislike?

They deafly have some packing problems where the server and API crash, they do do a good job with resolving the issue though. Also from the customer side they could do a little bit of a better job on their training into

Recommendations to others considering the product

Remember that treating is super important when you first implement this product. If the proper training is not in place, you will have difficulties getting up and running in a proper fashion. This might have to do with the lack of customer support, but if you push them to help you with on boarding, I’m sure that you will have no problems With running the product.

Like I said earlier with the channel selling, you’re able to increase the revenue through optimizations, which of virtually lead to cost-reduction. Also one of the key features is the internal communications, this allows you to send messages more efficiently

IBM CPQ review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Use the most for price quotes and proposals "

What do you like best?

IBM cpw held representatives like myself, who are in the sales role, manage leads, and pricing quotes the best. I use other systems such a sales force for lead management, but I prefer to use ibm cpw for price quotes because sales force doesn’t give this option. Out of all the systems we use that offer s pricing module, IBM CPW is the only one I can use to generate a professional quote/ proposal , right from the same system where the pricing was generated from. This helps to save time, and gives a waaaayyy more professional proposal piece which is very important when tying to acquire new accounts.

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very technical software. Not for beginners

The main thing I use this system for is accurate pricing quotes and proposals. It saves time, and is more professional to use when trying to acquire new business.

IBM CPQ review by Administrator

"I have always liked this product, since I used it for the first time"

What do you like best?

They are quality and long-lasting products, they use technology and first-class materials, they are always up-to-date

What do you dislike?

I really do not have any complaints about the product I have always done well with their equipment and they have a very long duration

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it in one hundred percent, they will work for a long time with the security of not having damage to their equipment

The main problem in a company is the damage to the equipment, in the case of IBM CPQ there is no problem because their equipment is guaranteed and in my case they have never been damaged, maintenance is done up to date and that's it. Long duration ... that helps a lot the development of a company

IBM CPQ review by Ray S.
Ray S.

"Very simple program"

What do you like best?

I can say that our organization really find this user friendly and very convenient software. The only thing people need to be aware of is having a lot of ram would make things farther.

What do you dislike?

I've realized that the software consumes a big portion of the memory. According to the loga, it uses a huge part of the resources found in explorer. Hopefully in the next update the problem will be resolved.

Took a huge impact documentations, customized workflow engine. We document billing, invoices, documents and technical support related issues.

"IBM CPQ Review "

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

There’s not really many disadvantages to the system in place. It seems to do much more good than anything else.

IBM CPQ review by Bharath J.
Bharath J.

"IBM Sterling CPQ"

What do you like best?

The Builds are the best part in IBM Sterling CPQ. IBM Sterling Configure, Price, Quote (CPQ) Capabilities

With the help of the highly skilled implementation team from Lightwell, your company will benefit from numerous capabilities, including the following:

A product configurator that provides all of your sales channels a consistent means to build a product configuration with up-to-date product specifications and pricing. Whether your sales channel is your customer facing website, your call center, your sales team, or a strategic partner or reseller, you can present a single view of your product offerings to all channels, and have filtering criteria and security built around the product configurator.

A price management module that enables you to centralize the creation, change and communication of product pricing data. This module is highly customizable based on your business rules, and gives maximum flexibility to business users by providing a multitude of price levels by product and by customer. Also, price changes can be transmitted and sent easily, giving real time updated information to all channels when needed.

A catalog that allows you to deliver product information across the demand chain and manage all aspects of selling product parts.

What do you dislike?

ANT Scripting is the only thing that we have to learn

Recommendations to others considering the product

With a partner like IBM Sterling CPQ, you can be assured that your implementation will bring added benefit to your business.

Reduced costs and increased revenue by optimizing channel selling

Improved efficiency and reduced order errors by streamlining the selling process

Increased aftermarket business and revenue through more efficient management of product and service operations

IBM CPQ review by Harrison L.
Harrison L.

"Seamless "

What do you like best?

The ability to manipulate both genetic and environmental variables with relative ease has made CPQ my go to sales software on many occasions.

What do you dislike?

Like all software there’s always room for improvement, some designs in the code are somewhat redundant but that’s nothing a path can’t resolve.

In certain situations CPQ has been able to solve many problems for both corporate and customers that seemed somewhat hard to find a solution to.

IBM CPQ review by Brian H.
Brian H.

"IBM Review"

What do you like best?

It’s easy and user friendly interface. I also like the fact that tabs are self explanatory and proficient.

What do you dislike?

The wait time in loading. Something that can be improved also is the color contrast.

Grant and fund management. I have realized that IBM allows for easy and direct access to my jobs tools.

IBM CPQ review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use with this program it's easy to use and explains itself I can understand exactly what to do next because it tells you to I wish we had more programming abilities but I guess that will come with time.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was more intricate and had more abilities. But then again there's always room to grow. And I guess I will advance along with technology as it goes.

It's easy to use and very self-explanatory. I couldn't have asked for an easier platform to do my business from.

IBM CPQ review by Lanora L.
Lanora L.

"Absolute best"

What do you like best?

Software is easy to navigate through rarely freeze during an presentation

What do you dislike?

Sometimes that it freezes in the middle of work when working on a presentation

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot you have nothing to lose one of the best softwares for a large or small businesses

What stock I have an inventory the analytics of it is very easy to navigate through

IBM CPQ review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"Amazing interface"

What do you like best?

Its usefulness in my job. It has a simple UI and is easy to learn and use. Just knowing the basics is enough.

What do you dislike?

I don't know if it is a software problem or hardware problem but it used to give me some lag while i used it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. It is way better than other cpq softwares available in market. Trust IBM.

I use it where i work on it when i was a construction site manager. I use to edit all my site equipment prices in it.

IBM CPQ review by Jonathan G.
Jonathan G.

"One of the best programs ever"

What do you like best?

I like how it is very easy to use and there are not many complications in the program

What do you dislike?

I struggle a lot to get logged in at moments, I don't know if its my computer or the program but sometimes it wont let me access my account

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A

To be able to send messages quickly and browse different queue

IBM CPQ review by Brianna E.
Brianna E.

"Cpq rev"

What do you like best?

I like the versatility of the program and the variety of options aviable and it helps get rid of inconsistency

What do you dislike?

we have freelnace and remote employees and it is not the easiest for them to use

Recommendations to others considering the product

easier to use on all devices and for remote and freelance employees

consistency across all sales platforms

"Use of the IBM machine"

What do you like best?

I like efficiency of this software and how it is able to efficiently get work done. I also like that there is little no glitches.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is that there are some freezing with this software. Another thing I dislike is that there might be little glitches that may arrive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I consider no recommendations.

IBM CPQ has benefit me with being able to ring customers up and efficiently get them in their way and out the door of the business.

IBM CPQ review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"Simple as that"

What do you like best?

I'm very impressed with the software and not only how easy it is to use but all of the different types of color schemes

What do you dislike?

Very difficult to understand at first, also something's on the software like the settings layout is too complicated for many users

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn how to use it and get a head start on using it to it's full potential

Pull print out of the open to close sales and total revenue and organizes it very easy to read and understand

IBM CPQ review by Ram K.
Ram K.

"Neutral sales experience "

What do you like best?

The option to assign / change the ownership is very easy.

What do you dislike?

Not so much user friendly. Also, each time we need to authenticate users multiple times

We use to use Cpq for lead management process

"Perfect Product"

What do you like best?

This is the perfect product especially because the company ensures that the required quality checks are met. IBM ensures full customer satisfaction.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is great but it could be made better

Recommendations to others considering the product

I t is a good product especially if used in the right way. I like the way that the customer services are handled.

We use CPQ especially in our company to solve various real problems.

IBM CPQ review by Pantea F.
Pantea F.

"best in the world"

What do you like best?

I like Capturing market share and reducing selling cost.

What do you dislike?

I dislike Take market share with an e-commerce platform built for all the ways your customers want to engage.

customer engagement channels

IBM CPQ review by Sara R.
Sara R.

"Undescribable"

What do you like best?

Everything it contains. It’s an amazing product for everyday use.

What do you dislike?

I have nothing that I don’t dislike. It’s everthing I hope for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It’s has great uses

Everything,it has lots of uses

"Review de IMB "

What do you like best?

It takes a lot of time in beginning stages to understand the each functions and how to use them properly.

What do you dislike?

We've streamlined our key processes around contract management through Steelbrick. The system is directly tied to the ease of which our sales & success teams can close deals and improving our data integrity.

IBM CPQ review by Nicole S.
Nicole S.

"2nd head cashier "

What do you like best?

It's really easy to use, and easy to understand.

What do you dislike?

I really dont have any negative things to say but sometimes it has issues stopping.

It has plenty of benefits.

IBM CPQ review by Brooke J.
Brooke J.

"It got the job done "

What do you like best?

Used this as an OS while working at Dillard’s department stores. It ran.

What do you dislike?

The version we used was out of date. It could be hard to complete orders with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No preference

Used it for retail.

IBM CPQ review by User in Financial Services

"Does the job but not as intuitive and user friendly as competitive tools "

What do you like best?

The routing features work quite well and it gets to the right people for approval in an easy manner

What do you dislike?

If you are doing multiple bids for the same deal it is very hard to keep track of which bid is for what. Furthermore, if you have declined bids you cannot make simple changes to reactivate it.

Have the ability to quote and price out deals for customers

IBM CPQ review by Administrator in Legal Services
Administrator in Legal Services

"IBM CPQ"

What do you like best?

I find that using this item lets me be free to make the choice & use the terms & codes freely in what I am doing

What do you dislike?

Not enough time to understand all of it at once.

Recommendations to others considering the product

just making the terminology more easier to understand upon first reading & using

I just refer it to the IT department and then they come tell me on better terms what is going on etc

IBM CPQ review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Enterprise social networking platform designed to ease communication between sales and distribution "

What do you like best?

The IBM CPQ application synchronizes your online sales and distribution channels via the one centralized platform. Each IBM CPQ receives login details and based on their permissions they can communicate with specific channels.

What do you dislike?

I have faced a few challenges with crashing and sometimes its' not as intuitive as it is supposed to be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Makes sure that you thoroughly review the features that suit your company's needs.

Communication between sales and distribution

IBM CPQ review by Evan L.
Evan L.

"Its great"

What do you like best?

I like that it is easy to use, user freindly

What do you dislike?

Nothing at all in my opinion. Nothing bad to say

Organization

IBM CPQ review by Erin M.
Erin M.

"Quoting"

What do you like best?

I like how IBM CPQ can automatically quote.

What do you dislike?

Like of ability to have multiple "if" "then" variables included in the automated functions.

Quickly responding to customers and potential clients.

IBM CPQ review by Angela B.
Angela B.

"My experience with ibm is that it works really well and is easy to get"

What do you like best?

The quality of the product is very easy to use

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about it

Faster technology

IBM CPQ review by Consultant in Media Production
Consultant in Media Production

"Custom Price Quoting Review"

What do you like best?

There are some basic functionalities that we needed for quoting that this product satisfied. Other than that though I would not recommend it.

What do you dislike?

It works today because of the heavy customization we had to do with the software. A lot of the promises we were told about IBM Sterling CPQ did not hold to the business requirements that we needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your business is doing complicated promotions and product configurations don't go with this solution.

The promotions that we need to add to quotes are done more efficiently.

"Why choose IBM CPQ"

What do you like best?

It is so efficient and and user friendly and it is very easy to use, no matter who is using it

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike, it is very simple and quick to use

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use it

We are solong efficiency, we are solving regulation, and we are solving user friendly issues

IBM CPQ review by Shiv S.
Shiv S.

"easy to use"

What do you like best?

easy to install, administer and use on an ongoing basis

What do you dislike?

more customization functionality would be very useful

having product configuration, pricing and quotes all in one place makes it fast to complete the process

"Good service "

What do you like best?

The quality and easiness to work with. It has many applications that we use to sell phones.

What do you dislike?

Poor connection when the wind is blowing slightly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good product just when the weather's not nice, it will take a long time to load.

Selling phones. Getting promoted on the sales I make.

IBM CPQ review by Administrator

"IBM review "

What do you like best?

I enjoy that this software is easy to use and keeps me organized

What do you dislike?

I don’t like how sometimes it freezes and you have to log out and log back in

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this company!!

We are organizing CPQ and budgeting with this program in our company.

"Great "

What do you like best?

So many amazing things. I like how easy it is to use and how helpful it is.

What do you dislike?

Needs more information on some topics. The tech help could be a little better and easier to get to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes all the way

A lot of them but mainly our qts.

"Ibm Cpq software "

What do you like best?

I feel like in my personal opinion that IBM CPQ could definitely use an update to be more convenient for the customer and employee.

What do you dislike?

It is slow and does not work properly most of the time.

I have not be able to.solve any problems and it has not increased sales.

"All-in-one takeaway."

What do you like best?

The ability to see sales reports well ordered, while showing successes of employees and clients alike.

What do you dislike?

There's not much I dislike in this product. User inyis strong. A deeper tutorial for new users perhaps?

I enjoy the ability to manage, and view sales solutions on mobile devices great.

IBM CPQ review by Consultant

"What CPQ software can do for your business"

What do you like best?

Easily automates configuration, pricing, and quoting of complex products and services.

What do you dislike?

Need to download and install WebSphere Application Server fix pack 7 (or later). Need download and install DB2 fix pack 7 if using DB2

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy integration & utilities for adoption to be smooth

Enhanced customer satisfaction & shorter sales cycle

"IBM CPQ"

What do you like best?

I like the ease and content of the program.

What do you dislike?

I don't really dislike anything about the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No recommendations

Not really trying to solve any business problems, rather just trying to improve them. Things have gotten a lot better with the implementation of this program.

Learning about IBM CPQ?

* We monitor all IBM CPQ reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.