Humanity

Humanity Reviews

Ask Humanity a Question
Ismar G.

"Humanity "

What do you like best?

The strongest features of ShiftPlanning are the many methods for communicating when a worker is to work (general scheduling), when policy changes or other changes at work need to be quickly and easily assimilated to all employees (dashboard notifications), and when notifications need to be sent to just individuals (ping). All of this communication can be managed in ShiftPlanning. Workers can set up their cell phones to receive important notifications. Administrators can control which methods are mandatory and which communication methods are not. A worker can elect to be notified via email and/or text prior to their shift starting. Workers can access ShiftPlanning from any device since this a cloud-based service. Workers are able to make vacation requests ahead of time, even when there is nothing posted for the actual schedule yet. We would recommend a 2-week requirement for this type of request. Otherwise, student workers can request off via a trade shift or drop-shift option, if short notice is provided. All trades can be set to approval first by manager. It is super easy to setup different worker types by area, or by responsibilities. Thus, if you are budgeting out hours between different areas (positions) then you can easily view the subtotal for each while scheduling who should work when. It also gives you a clear distinction in schedule mode as to who can actually work during the designated times you are generating

What do you dislike?

The only concern that we have is with tweaking the trade shift and trade drop feature. Workers who are shown as available for the entire shift don't have the option to select parts of a shift that they are actually available for. Important meetings or events outside of work cannot always be accounted for using the availability feature. The only way this can be done is to not use a static schedule and go to making a policy for weekly updates. Then making it the student worker¿s responsibility to maintain their own work availability. In our case, we want to stay with a static scheduling system to help reduce the sense of a changing hectic work schedule for our student workers. Thus, students will benefit by having the ability to select from a portion of a shift trade rather than having only the option to pick up all or none of the shift being made available.

Love that i can clock in in different location with Humanity.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Humanity
Showing 382 Humanity reviews
AI
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Humanity

What Employee Scheduling solution do you use?

Ali V.
Sean M.
Donald A. B.

"A Software to create data sheets of time without errors and thus generate a perfect payroll."

What do you like best?

I like Humanity since it has a meticulous control of the hours of work of the personnel, once it has been synchronized with the clock of the personnel gives the option to generate calculation sheets, and that makes me generate reports and a payroll with a margin of error minimum, I like it also because it gives me the option to customize the extra work hours, allowing me to place amounts according to the task, as well as when canceling vacations gives me the option of placing editable amounts, so that the bonus is canceled As the law specifies, and the company, I like it because it lets me create the rules that the calculation sheets are approved automatically, speeding up the process, and I reduce work stress.

What do you dislike?

Accounting is a day-to-day job, and normally at the time of generating payroll stress increases on a large scale, and humanity is usually slower when one needs it most, it is a minimum detail, but one that displeases me, updates to slow down the process.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a powerful tool that will reduce your stress when generating payroll, payment of vacations and overtime, it is so simple to use, do not hesitate to join, it is literally a perfect tool, one of the best in today's market.

I reduced the time I lost, by calling each employee to corroborate their work hours, if they were well calculated and if I missed some extra hours, because HUMANITY allows me to generate reports by means of a spreadsheet that simplifies the whole process in a single click, is a time saving for the calculation of payroll hours and has helped me with requests for free days and vacations made by employees at the last minute, as well as helping to manage and maintain separately everything that is refers to payroll payments, bonuses and overtime payments, has made me an organized and efficient professional inside and outside the company.

Nadia Samantha M.

"An excellent software to manage your employees' time"

What do you like best?

I like the little effort that one applies to start using the software, I like its dynamics and how it allows the user to manage time and rotate employees easily, I like his chat is also very fast and I usually use it to serve the client and explain in what time there are staff available, as it is also very good for my personal use, since it allows me to have control of the schedule that has been assigned to me in the company, and makes my work more responsible, as I love knowing that everything I need to manage the staff I have everything in one place, know that I can give employees the possibility to rotate their shifts from this excellent tool.

What do you dislike?

Normally my jobs are in a hurry, and employees have a bad habit of requesting changes at the last minute, and the software usually takes several seconds or even minutes to display the uploaded information, otherwise it is perfect software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to save time and monetary resources, let me recommend this software (HUMANITY) is a great and very effective product, which will make you focus on what concerns business growth.

Since the implementation of Humanity, employees have been able to improve their jobs in a successful way, as well as letting us know what employee is being punctual at the time of entering as employee retires at the right time. , and follow up closely, giving me a well-planned organization, where employees are now free to request change of shift.

Jessica H.

"Schedules Made Easy"

What do you dislike?

Humanity is a fantastic scheduling tool. Completely user-friendly, easy to navigate, and makes it simple to not only follow both my current and past/future weekly schedules, but allows me to see who else is scheduled on any given day or shift, so I can adequately prepare for my office environment. When using the mobile app to check my shift for the current day, it automatically defaults to the first day of the work week, regardless of what day ‘today’ is. It’s not a deal-breaking issue, but it has resulted in confusion and miscommunication. I’ve since had to make sure I remember the day that appears by default is not ‘today’, though I wish it was.

Joseph B.

"Excellent way to track empoyees"

What do you like best?

I really like that I can see exactly when an employee clocks in/out. There is never a discrepancy of time.

What do you dislike?

One thing I have noticed is when an employee requests a shift trade, the system doesn't record the trade after the fact. If I'm off one day and then look to see what an employee did during their shift, the trade symbol will disappear soon after the shift is over. Even if no one else picks up the shift, the trade symbol should stay so that it's recorded that the trade was requested and the employee did NOT show up for their shift.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The emails can be overwhelming at first, but you can tailor them and even shut off email notices all together

when trying to teach an employee how to use it, we have set up a mock employee so that we can see their view of the system. This makes it easier to point out how and where they can pick up shifts.

The Humanity program runs well. It doesn't refresh automatically, and is a bit slow at times, but the system will tell you if changes have been made and that you should refresh so that my system is up to date.

Being able to access the mobile app allows me to see who is working in a particular dept at any given time. Even if the shift was traded, the system will have the name(s) of whoever is on, and who will be in the future as well.

Josh D.

"Great Management Tool"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of scheduling and editing the schedule, it allows you to move times as well as change the working employee with minimal effort. I also like the messaging / chat / message wall features. The location settings are nice, it allows me to see where the employee actually logs in. I really want to use a card reader for employees to clock in and out with, however haven't been able to set it up yet due to time constraints. The API's and LDAP integration is very helpful for what I am looking to do for the future. The support staff is very helpful when I have a question or need assistance with a feature.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to create training that aren't solely multiple choice. I'd like for employees to be able to put their own skills in rather that having to make a list for me to check off in their accounts when I know their skill-sets. I would like to be able to publish shifts to the future without having to go to every month and publish them.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give this a try, you can schedule multiple locations within one system.

It makes scheduling and sharing schedules with others easier.

Robin M.

"Overall good"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use of Humanity. I also like how good the customer service is when using the chat feature.

What do you dislike?

How long it takes for bug fixes. Additionally, I dislike the fact that when Shiftplannig switched to Humanity, we've had a different accoung manger almost every 6 months, and are constantly having to explain again what the nature of our business is. The price per user is high compared to other companies of its kind. Being one of the larger users with Humanity, this cost could prohibit our using their services in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Humanity is very user friendly for staff and has wonderful customer service through their chat feature.

We are solving trying to manage a large number of staff for multiple shifts in a day, where they can pick and choose which shifts they want to work. This has been beneficial, because we no longer have to spend hours on the phone scheduling those people.

Ian S.

"A solid app that does everything but work my hours for me!"

What do you like best?

I like how I can see all of my upcoming shifts, shifts that are available pick up, and who is working on my calls with me. I'm equally pleased that I can access this information on my cellphone or laptop.

What do you dislike?

I have both the older and current apps on my phone. I prefer the older app when it comes to checking my upcoming shifts, as it shows all of the in succession, not just the most recent ones as the new app does. I seem to have better luck signing in for my shifts on the current app.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try! One of my other jobs considered using it, but then changed their minds. I think they felt all of the emails the system can send could be overwhelming to some employees.

I have three part-time jobs, but only one of them is on humanity. Putting together my schedules can be a challenge, but I like how Humanity allows me to post shifts I need to give away on occasion, due to time conflicts. This saves me a lot of time when creating my schedules, and gives me the information at my fingertips, rather than having to write everything in a notebook.

Richard B.

"An enjoyable experience, though some features lacking. "

What do you like best?

Open shifts feature, rotation scheduling, shift trades, Employee view layout, Position view layout, leave planning.

What do you dislike?

Cannot extend rotations (ex: for another month)

Cannot remove rotation from a shift after applied, only way to remove it is to copy the shift and then one of the two shifts (the original or the copied) will have no rotation applied on it

Cannot copy or move a shift across both days and employees (employee view) or days and positions (position view)

Cannot have positions with multiple skills required and have employees have multiple skills required that would match up so that employees would see shifts that match their skills, but instead each employee needs to be manually added to each position.

Cannot add a 24 hour shift rate on the payroll side, only hourly

Cannot view Currently scheduled employees in Employee view, have to scroll around so much that you may as well use position view making it more difficult to fill a shift when needed.

Cannot add a 24 hour shift rate on the payroll side, only hourly

Christopher A.

"Humanity review"

What do you like best?

It's simple and convenient. Doesn't require much to get started, and begin using it. This allows users to get it up and running without much headache and need to go through everything. The support is every easy to use, whenever I have needed help they have been pretty quick to offer assistance and or guide me to the right answer. They at times have also just did my request for me since it might have been to complicated or not as easy to just type out the instructions without them physically being next to me to guide me. I really appreciate their efforts.

What do you dislike?

The articles could be more helpful and the layouts to get to places are not user-friendly. There could be improvements there. This would lend to having users actually willing to look around or know where more things are located in their dashboard or page. They could also be clearer on what certain reports mean or give some hints on what each can do or info it provides as I don't know what most of the reports do or understand on how it can help me.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great tool to start with, and as you get more comfortable, you can dive deeper and use more functions.

Billing hours for independent contractors. It helps not have to use the system current employees are using, but to have something easy for remote contractors. It keeps them separate and easier to manage without much overheard for our independent contractors.

Derek M.

"Useful and Effective"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to use software on a computer or device on the go. I like having the ability to share files.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the flexibility of copying a shift. The recurring feature is nice, but more flexibility would be nice. If the shift doesn't happen on the same day in future weeks, it is difficult to put in a large number of these shifts at the same time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great and powerful software that can help you keep track of scheduling and payroll.

Sharing files with employees instead of Dropbox. They already have this software to clock in and out so it just makes sense. It would be a great feature to be able to attach a link to a file to a shift instead of the employee having to go to the files section. We use this software to schedule employees who are working in a sound and lighting capacity for events on a college campus.

Vilina A.

"All the features I need can be found in Humanity."

What do you like best?

I have been using Humanity for several years. Over the years, Humanity has made work a bit easier and simpler knowing everything I needed is just a click away. As an employee who was assigned to shifts in my earlier years with the company, using the app to keep track of shifts and timesheets was so convenient. All the features I needed as an employee is here on the Humanity app.

Now as one of the Administrator/team scheduler, this app makes assigning employees to shifts a breeze. If I needed to make any changes for the upcoming session, it can be done with just a few quick clicks and everything is adjusted. I also like that the employees are notified immediately. Our employees are more punctuality and are always up to date with their shifts. I truly do love using Humanity's app and I highly recommend it. I am not sure there is a rival to Humanity in my books. It is truly and excellent app.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I would say may need to be improved upon is the load time. I say the load time as it does take maybe a second or two to load and I am always in a hurry to make changes on short deadlines, other than that this is a perfect product.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't think twice. It is literally the best product that I have had the pleasure of using over the past 5 plus years. I would not switch if I was given another choice.

The biggest improvement is assigning employees to shifts, getting them the notification they need on time and keeping them punctual at all times

Dan H.

"HRIS Functions Made Easy"

What do you like best?

My favorite part of the program is the ability to prescribe training in basic formats to your staff. You can tack completion of assigned training modules as you assign them to track professional development and ongoing training efforts.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally the schedule wizard can feel clunky to use when you are building schedules out months at a time. Unless you take a very specific approach to programming recurring shifts, you may wind up manually inputting changes across multiple weeks.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look into the features that exist outside of manpower scheduling. The true difference in this program versus others are the ancillary functions associated with it like training module creation.

Leave request conflicts have been very easy to address with Humanity. Being able to display for employees who has requested and receive granted leave assists in unnecessary duplication of requests for a given day. Employee B will know in advance the likelihood of receiving time off when they can see that Employee A is already on permitted leave. This has led to realizing the benefit of not needing to manage emotional reaction to denied requests off through transparency.

Kayla P.

"Thorough Staffing Tool"

What do you like best?

The training modules are a wonderful addition to the usability of humanity - I like being able to update the training as well, and re-notify staff.

I also like that our time tracking, scheduling, time off, and digital training is all in one place.

What do you dislike?

The main thing I'd love to see added is a shift acknowledgement feature - where I can see if a staff member had viewed/acknowledged their published shifts.

I also would love to have a better mobile app - especially one designed for tablet use. Currently, when I work out of the office, I use a tablet computer but can't use the mobile app on that device. I also have trouble with the mobile website not having all the functionality I need, so it makes it difficult to use the tool outside of the office (which is important to my job).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider what tools you will actually use and what priorities you have - we love the training features, but that may not work best for others.

We have been able to streamline a lot of our onboarding/training processes with the digital training and being able to assign different modules to different staff types is so helpful.

This is a great way to track who has not yet completed required training and gives us digital documentation of anything completed - which is a wonderful benefit to not have to keep everything in paper files (where things always get lost/misplaced). I really appreciate having the digital versions of everything we use in a daily tool for our staff.

Samantha H.

"Humanity is an incredible time saving HR support system. "

What do you like best?

This system is cloud based so my staff and I can access the information anywhere there is a computer, wifi or cell signal. No more paper schedules, no more mixing up last week and this week's information. Easy to access, easy to update, easy to see.

What do you dislike?

I wish we could use the system for volunteer scheduling too. But we have 400+ volunteers a year so the cost is prohibitive for our small museum.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a super efficient program with outstanding customer service, this is the system you want to buy, there are others out there but Humanity has better features, is easier to use and offers more for the money. The biggest thing is 24-7 customer service. We do a lot of after hours and weekend events, having tech support and solutions available has been invaluable.

Scheduling and payroll are the two biggest challenges that Humanity helps us solve. The benefit is that my staff can easily arrange for their own days off, their own subs to cover shifts they cannot work, etc. This adaptability is a benefit that we can offer even though we have a really tiny budget. The payroll reports and exports are a giant time saver for us! Clear, simple to use, and transparent for our auditors!

Adam M.

"Makes employee scheduling a snap!"

What do you like best?

Shift planning, shift reminders, timesheet management, timesheet reporting

What do you dislike?

Sometimes moving a shift around can be cumbersome. For example, it might be difficult to "land" a shift at 12pm when moving it. It might land on 11:45am or 12:15pm and need to be re-adjusted.

I run a ticket office for a small non-profit arts organization, and the challenge is always making sure that I have the right number of people scheduled at the right times. Before I started using Humanity, I was using excel, which would often take hours of tedious work. With Humanity, I can quickly and easily create my work schedule with just a few minutes of focused work. I love being able to color-code the types of shifts I'm using, and I love that my employees are automatically informed of new shifts that are added, can acknowledge those shifts, and receive shift reminders to cut down on lateness and missed shifts. Humanity is just what we needed!

Adam Z.

"A workforce scheduling tool with a few extras"

What do you like best?

I’ve been a ShiftPlanning user for several years because it has all of the core features I need at a good price. Even though I am an Office 365 user with access to StaffHub, the SMS/Email notification, budgeting and reporting features of ShiftPlanning justified the extra cost. On top of that, the Training feature fits a perfect niche for those who don’t need the full features and expense of an LMS, but would still like to quickly create and assign custom training to their associates.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike, but I would like to see more permission options to define what a role has access to do. For example, the ability to create and assign Training topics requires a Supervisor or above permission which also allows access to view employees Payroll details. In larger organizations, the person creating/assigning training doesn’t have supervisory responsibilities over the employees, so they shouldn’t be able to their pay information. I’ve submitted a couple requests to fix this, but still waiting for this to happen.

Using the visualization options in ShiftPlanning, my team is able to build more efficient schedules across multiple teams who share certain responsibilities that require 24x7 coverage. The SMS notification, mobile app, and Messaging functions mean my managers are able to communicate all scheduling matters directly to their employees’ phones, and the employees are able to view schedules, clock in/out, and respond back using just the app. For managing a tight labor budget, the budgeting/payroll features mean I can forecast the total spend based on the hours scheduled, including overtime.

Geneviève B.

"Good app but horrible client service"

What do you like best?

From a IT standpoint, Humanity is good scheduling app. It has a few issues from time to time, for overall satisfied with the application.

What do you dislike?

However, their service client is horrible. We have been with Humanity over 5 years now. And we so unsatisfied with the service that we looking at our options. They literally take you for granted as a customer and never get back to you. You have to run after them constantly and hope to get an answer. When they promise to get back to you, they don’t or tell you they sent you an email, which you of course never received.

For example, we had a new request regarding a service that they advised on their app (payroll integration). When we went forward with the change, they never got back to us. After multiple follow-ups on our end, they tell us our request is ‘’not a priority for them’’ - for a service THEY advertise. When we complained, they told us they would be getting back to us the following week. That was Nov 2018. We are Jan 2019, and I have let you receive a proper follow-up even after my multiple attempts.

The app is not worth the service. I would recommend another one.

Helps retail scheduling.

Ismar G.

"Humanity "

What do you dislike?

Love that i can clock in in different location with Humanity.

Margaret K. S.

"Perfect for human resource management"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use of this software, I like that it is very dynamic, and it makes the administration of the workflow of the employees as well as the rotation is very easy to carry out. The function of the chat is also very good, really allow me to keep everything very organized.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the mobile application of this software, when one of our employees works outside the office they use a tablet, but you can not use the mobile application on that device, they also have problems with the mobile website does not have all the required functionality, that makes it difficult to use the tool outside the office. I also have to say that there are very few jobs outside the company, which is not a big problem for the company.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This software has very good features for the management of human resources, excellent customer service is available 24-7 something really good, and the cost is quite affordable.

With this tool we were able to simplify the process of preparing the payroll of the employees, because it makes it easier to keep track of the work done by each one of them. Previously much of this process was manual and it was a real problem, we are very happy with the results obtained with this software.

Susan D.

"New User"

What do you like best?

i like that we can now requets off and see everyone elses schedules. i just started using it and it is alot better than what i was using before. It is more organized and give more accountability to employees to take care of their schedule and not depend on the managers to keep track of everything.

What do you dislike?

the only thing that i dont like is the formatting of the schedule. I would like if it it could all print on one page. i work for a company with 5 different locations and about 60 employees so we all like to see and print the whole schedule for the month

so far we have not had any problems. this is our first month using it. The benefits i have realized is that it takes a lot away alot of man hours from physically making a schedule every month like we used it. It would take hours to put together, make sure that we didnt schedule someone on their day off or a day they requested off. It helps that there is an option for employees to pick up shifts so that we are not tecting and emailing back and forth to find coverage.

"Awesome!"

What do you like best?

The fact that there are so many settings.

At first, it's a little overwhelming; all the settings/options. Once you play around with it, you begin to realize that you can customize every detail. It may take a bit of trial-n-error, but once you've found the right structure, the program seems like it was made just for you.

What do you dislike?

1) ShiftPlanning Tab Filter & Lack of Ability to Add Departments & Subgroups to Locations

Reason: I would like to, more quickly/clearly, be able to filter the staff.

Idea: It would be nice if we had the option to add groups with subgroups & each selection was collapsable. They would be displayed like collapsable bullet points...or pop-up windows with each level of selection...or little tabs/buttons with preset views (like how the gallery view, list view & custom view are currently)

Within each location would be departments; within each department would be subgroups; within each subgroup would be the staff. The departments & subgroups would be customizable just like skills currently are. We would create, label & apply in any manner we choose.

Ex:

In the ShiftPlanning tab left-hand-side filter menu:

I would see my locations with drop-down arrow arrows.

After choosing a location, I would then see departments with drop-down arrows & check-boxes. If I selected 1 or more check-boxes, all staff for selected departments would be displayed.If I clicked the drop-down arrow the subgroups would be displayed with check-boxes and drop-down arrow.

Once I've made my selections (as general or specific as I would like), I would click "OK" or "OK & Minimize". Minimize would slide the filter area over to the left (like closing a curtain).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When setting-up, speak with a Humanity rep and tell them what you want it to look lilke and what your company/staff structure is.

The supers were using excel previously which, as everybody knows, is a very time-consuming venture that allowed for a ton of human error. As a company, we've just scratched the surface of Humanity and we've already saved an insane amount of time!

Learn more about Humanity

Humanity Videos

Learning about Humanity?

* We monitor all Humanity reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.