Housecall Pro Reviews & Product Details

Sales Manager
What do you like best?

Housecall really helps us with customer service as it automatically reminds them of their appointments. The scheduling is really great, and love the integration with Google Calendar. The ease of use of Housecall over the other field service apps was also another choice. The pricing was also very competitive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are some technical issues that arise, such as addresses not working properly. Some features feel clunky and not very practical like the customer map. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would definitely recommend housecall pro to other window cleaning companies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Housecall Pro really has cut down a lot of time for having to manually remind each customer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Housecall Pro Overview

What is Housecall Pro?

Now more than ever, Housecall Pro is the field service software that stands for value, innovation, and community. Used by over 15,000 businesses, it’s consistently one of the highest-rated (if not the highest rated) web or mobile apps by Pros in HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Carpet Cleaning, and many other verticals. Housecall Pro’s all-in-one approach provides solid value with core features like dispatching, job scheduling, payment processing, estimates, automated invoices and receipts, customer notifications, review management, and more included on every plan. Several features like consumer financing, online booking, Instapay, and two way Quickbooks sync are not common at Housecall’s price point. Housecall Pro is also known for its ease of use even with all those features. Despite being a market leader, Housecall Pro also innovates at an incredibly fast pace. For example, the company released a sales proposal tool, consumer financing, Quickbooks desktop integration, equipment tracking, and more during winter 2019/2020. That means your investment does more for you with every update. The community at Housecall Pro also differentiates it from other options. With one of the largest Facebook groups, online meetups, and in-person events, it’s easy to learn from other Pros across North America. Housecall Pro works on the web and mobile (iPhone and Android) for any business in the U.S. and Canada. They have a broad range of plans for owner-operators all the way up to large field service companies with the aptly named XL plan.

Housecall Pro Details

The premier all-in-one field service management and CRM marketing tool for service professionals

Housecall Pro offers the most holistic management solution at the best rates. Our all-in-one tool is the most user-friendly in the field, and we are constantly working with our pros to update our product to reflect our customers needs. Housecall Pro is designed for mobile, bridging together simplicity of use and optimized mobile experience. Other field service software is clunky, unreliable, and difficult to use. Housecall Pro is simple, sleek, functional, and smooth, effectively removing the hassle of running a service business.

Codefied Inc.
2013
San Diego, CA
@HouseCall

Housecall Pro Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Housecall Pro community
Have you used Housecall Pro before?

Housecall Pro Reviews

Showing 91 Housecall Pro reviews
Already have Housecall Pro?
Entrepreneur
Food Production
AC
What do you like best?

HouseCall Pro makes scheduling, dispatching, and invoicing incredibly easy and streamlined. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The expense for what is offered does seem excessive. My biggest pet peeve is they add on "features" but never once have those features been fully useable or robust once they release them. They're a lukewarm attempt so they can create a cash grab. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Housecall Pro is great - don't fall for their extra features. They are never up to par and are very lackluster. Or, they'll promise new features but force you to upgrade your plan to be able to use them (looking at proposals). Almost all new features are an immediate flop. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Housecall Pro makes communication with customers a breeze, it is not a weighty or clunky software. Training new people is easy, everything is straightforward, laid out nicely, and easy to navigate. There is no learning curve to implementing Housecall Pro. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

We really like the cloud based application that we can utilize anywhere that we have a computer, tablet or phone available. The customers really like the ability to pay invoices right from their emailed invoice. The organization of our customers in one place that is accessible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The maintenance agreements are workable but they could be easier to configure with each customer. I wish that we could customize our invoices a little better to make them look a little more professional and not so plain. They still have some kinks to iron out but I feel like they are always looking to make their program better and more efficient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We looked at a lot of different programs for our HVAC business - Housecall Pro had the bells and whistles that we wanted for the best price. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easier to communicate with customers. Customers can pay us directly from their invoices. Organization of our customer lists. Our on call techs can access the program easily from their phones, tablets and computers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Agent
What do you like best?

There are plenty of great services with House Call. #1 the notification to customers is incredible, as it texts and emails the customer, covering both routes of communication. The app also lets you to invoice the customer and take payment on the spot as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are some minor technical issues that occur time to time such as data not saving properly, which can be frustrating. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely try Housecall, it's well worth the money! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Having to constantly remind customers 1 by 1 is the main problem we overcame. Especially as the sales team can be busy making sales, they want to focus on sales. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Administrative Assistant
What do you like best?

I like how it automatically saves most changes or scheduling that is done. Everything is made easy for the vendor. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

How it does not send a reminder of who has not paid. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problems that are being solved are scheduling , organization and payment from clients. I realized it makes a clear schedule and it very easy to schedule out the week. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Telecommunications Specialist
What do you like best?

I use this product for my side business and it's amazing. It allows your information to be obtained by interested clients to allow you the most opportunity to get work. There is even a mobile app and I love that.

I am able to create reminders of upcoming jobs on a calender in the mobile app which helps me organized tremendously. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing about the product that I dislike because everything about it is great to me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I use this product for my side business and I get so much more clientele then I would get without this product. This product is so convenient in helping you manage your company. Invoices can be created and stored. You can create reminders of upcoming jobs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to have my services reach more customers and having my contact information provided to interested clients. I am staying organized with the reminders that I am able to create in the app. It also allows me to upload invoices making them easier to keep track of for my and my clients record. This product is so much more than convenient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

There is a ton to like about Housecall Pro. We use almost all the features it has to offer. From on the way text messages to post card marketing. We have it set up to send out appointment confirmation emails and follow up emails. It make it super easy to see all open or unpaid invoices on 1 screen. You can configure custom reports with tags that you assign. There is just a lot to like about it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. They constantly update and upgrade the system. If there is a problem they are always trying to help and make things better. If there is something you dislike or don't understand they will spend the time to help out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to free up some office time this is for you. It keeps you organized and all our clients love when they know when a tech is on the way. It also makes invoicing a lot easier they have many different ways that the customer can pay. You can send email or text invoices that help get you paid faster. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have been able to keep in touch with our clients much easier. We used google calendar before but this is just so much more. People love it and write reviews about us which are actually reviews about housecall pro and how they love the text and emails they get that keeps them updated. Collecting invoices is much easier with the option to text or pay by email. We get paid a lot faster than calling on the phone! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Partnerships Specialist
What do you like best?

Housecall makes it easy to track your sales and appointments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Housecall can get a little confusing on the user's side but with explanation, it makes it easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Housecall Pro is an easy way to track sales and follow up appointments. it has a very easy user interface with great graphs for sales Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problems I was running into before using housecall was being unable to keep track of my sales appointments and which employee was going where and when. The benefits I realized were that you can have a live track of the employee and know exactly when payment is made, how it was made and which deals I need to follow up on Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

Easy to use and very intuitive. Really useful for my enterprise and for the use I make of it. I'm quite happy with it and have no important issues or complains. We used it during almost 1 year and a half. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing specially it all works fine for me so I'm very happy with it but finally we are no longer working with it. But I would consider to work again with this product cause the change was not because we didn't like was more an operation necessaty the make me change to another product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend everyone to try it because it really works fine and I think you would, do fine very useful Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

All of them quickly and easy all the time. Really recommend it. But thereally are other good options on the market and finally we decided to change. Although I'm working in a very very small company and for sure it is more useful on big companies more than in the small ones just like mine. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Lead technician
What do you like best?

what I like best is the fact that it shows me a picture of the house or apartment that I'm going to clean and I also like how it has a connection to MapQuest so you can get directions Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact of the setup being a little confusing for me. I can't remember what to go in to get to wear because it's a little confusing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's great because all the information you need is on there just a tad bit confusing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's benefiting us to have the start time and finish time of jobs so that we can see what our rpa Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Rehana Baluch
What do you like best?

Book online by selecting the customer, picking the service and selecting the time. Automated textx to customers for when the job is scheduled, when the crew is on their way and when it's complete. An email after the job is complete allows you to ask for a review. You can scan credit cards in the field with nothing more than the app on your phone. Integration with QuickBooks Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The price! $49 a month would have been a hard sell to my clients, but you have to up it to $137/month to get the online booking feature. The price was a deal killer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you can budget it, I think you'll like it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It would have been great had the clients been able to afford it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Housecall Pro
AF
What do you like best?

I like that the interface is fairly polished, easy to use, and accessible on mobile. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the pricing tiers, they seem overpriced. I also dislike the lack of offline usability. When out on jobs in areas with little to no cell service, the mobile app is unusable. I have suggested this fix to them and they say that thats one of the most requested features. This was a few years ago, and still no fix. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to provide a fast, accurate, and informative service with Housecall Pro. Returning customers are able to schedule an appointment in less than 5 minutes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

The engineers and team at HCP really put a lot into their software. Every week we see new updates and changes with features added. There is no end to what gets added. The features are unbelievable. They have helped grow our business and our customers love use of technology with text message notifications and online bill pay. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are features I would like to see added. Granted I have made a request. HCP is very open to feedback and write down all requests. I have seen a few of my requests become real features. I am sure this will happen again. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We came to house call from using paper invoices and quickbooks desktop. The implementation from that was very easy. There is a bit of a learning curve when it comes to how the features work but is very easy to get started and support is so easy to get ahold of. I have never waited more than 5 minuets to chat with a support rep. On top of that every support rep I have talked to had an expert level understanding of how the system worked and could easily walk me through the challenges. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Invoicing, payments, dispatching, email marketing, accounting data entry, estimating, time card tracking. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

The best part is the support team! They are accessible, responsive, and friendly. They listen to user feedback and are always providing updates and new features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The calendar/schedule is slow, clunky, cluttered. It takes a long time to schedule and re-assign each job.

There are no email or text reminders for employees.

Their email notifications and invoice templates lack customization. It would be helpful if we could replace the word "professional" and "appointment" with words that are more appropriate to our industry. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you can't figure out a way to get what you need done, contact the support team. They are very good about helping you find workarounds. Also let them know what feature requests you have; they are always improving and developing new features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Invoicing and tracking payment. Scheduling and dispatching employees. Surveys and follow-up emails. Automatic email reminders. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Lead Technician
What do you like best?

The fact that I can see notes on specific jobs and add my own notes Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The fact that it doesn't update frequently Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Works well being connected to MapQuest Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Knowing where I'm going and having maps Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UO
What do you like best?

Easy to use for people working overtime. Program updates by itself so employees are getting what they worked for Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly nothing. Been using for a year now and it’s simple Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

You can add deposits to the app for any big installs and it keeps up with quick books Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

That you can advertise your products or services on there, especially if your a Healthcare worker. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I dislike, except when you would have to be able to pay a high cost just to be able to use their services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

So far the only thing that I will be able to think of is whenever you may need clients for your company, this is one of the best, like online scheduling. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What business problems that I am solving is that Housecall Pro is giving me another importunity to get & to be able to keep clients for my business. Do to the fact that i had bare experimented with the company, I have hardly received any benefits with them cause, I have hardly used their services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use for employees and users in the field. It is simple, yet allows our company to be in contact with our customers. From the office perspective, we have reduced how many invoices we are sending the mail significantly. Our customers like receiving e-mails from us, including the invoices. The portal for payment is easy to use. There has been a significant increase in online payments through the portal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The times on the schedule page, need to somehow be highlighted or the top of the hour bolded. It is really difficult to schedule an appointment on the week view for Friday, because the time is in the far left margin. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The way that the credit card payments integrate with quickbooks is frustrating, as I have to go to each transaction and manually change where it posts the payment. I would like to have the ability to designate where the payment goes. In addition, it would be nice to change the QB display name on HCP ourselves, instead of talking with customer support Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UT
What do you like best?

I like that it is easy to use and makes my life a little bit simpler Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing to dislike. Great software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have been able to work easier from home which is sometimes a hassle with running a family at the same time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Office Manager
Construction
What do you like best?

Housecall Pro allows you to easily coordinate estimates, projects, and communication throughout your team in a simplified and easy to use way. Housecall also gives you the opportunity to send your clients real time messages when you are on the way for an estimate or job. This feature alone has allowed us to free office personal time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Although Housecall has a modern design, it sometimes glitches in its viewing screens depending on the browser. Customer service is usually pretty good, however at times is unaware of an issue. Another dislike would be the way projhects and events are laid out. If you have more than one project at any given time on a specific day, it tends to become conjoined and "mashed" together. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it. You will not regret the decision. Made our lives so much easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Eliminating multiple programs and consolidating them all into one - Housecall. Freeing pffice personel time so they can focus on more of the important aspects of the company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Facilities Services
What do you like best?

Everyone can communicate with each other, share pictures and documents, write notes, change incorrect information, get maps, use text/phone to reach customers... customers can pay online, contact us, and we can give them alerts to when we are on the way. It is just amazingly complete. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The back end does not let us segment our clients into those who do and don't want email or mailing. This would be a very helpful feature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to expand and keep in contact with your clients and employees, this takes you to the place you want to be in the cloud. On ipads, phones and desktop, you can coordinate and communicate wherever you are. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Taming the paper tiger! so much less paper and lost notes, lost addresses and mistakes Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

I like that all of the work to get customers is taken out and we get jobs that are in an area we set up. We also receive jobs in the wide range of areas we specialize in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The way they would send emails showing us a preview of how they send job leads. Sometimes they would send a few a day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're just looking for information about this company in comparison to others like it, don't give them your email as they send way too many emails. Other than that, we like them and the way they operate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Getting jobs and not having to spend days trying to get a job. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

It allows you to get booked on your own website. Their on my way texting. And the ability to accept credit cards. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything I don't like yet. Their invoicing and customer service is excellent as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is an amazing schedule and invoicing tool, however it does not generate leads for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The need to be able to accept credit cards so my customers have more payment options. The ability to let my customers know that I'm on the way in real time. It even sends a picture of the agent being sent for secure purposes. This way customers know exactly who they are expecting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I can run the business from my phone and don't have to be behind a desk! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is the connection from low reception areas... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm able to analyze all the data from each job and can really make decisions on changes that needs to be made. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Field Collection Technician
What do you like best?

The real-time communication you can have with your customers. It is so easy to put invoices together and send them over to clients instantly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't really anything that I don't like about it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Biggest benefit is the ease in creating, changing, and sending clients invoices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.