Host Analytics

Host Analytics

Host Analytics delivers the only complete suite of cloud corporate performance management (CPM)

Work for Host Analytics?

Learning about Host Analytics?

Host Analytics Reviews

Ask Host Analytics a Question
Jessica B.

"The next step to a better business"

What do you like best?

Host gives you a way to upgrade your processes and reporting. Giving you more time to focus on the business and less on the mechanics.

What do you dislike?

After seeing everything that Host has to offer and what is to come there is nothing that I have seen or used that I dislike so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it! No matter where your business is at or how many departments you can benefit from Host. There are so many different levels and uses with Host that it fits any company's needs.

We are easily creating reports without having to create formulas, tick and tie, push data etc. We are now able to populate a report each day, week, month in a matter of minutes and have all the most current data needed. Giving us the time to analyze and work on improving the business.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Host Analytics
Showing 272 Host Analytics reviews
Karen T.

"Powerful, flexible analytics; requires more intuition"

What do you like best?

Host Analytics offers various methods for generating, interacting with, and delivering reporting and analytics for Budgeting, Forecasting, and Modeling. The ability to customize the Excel-based Spotlight reports is fantastic - the time saved helps us do what we're best at: telling the story and advising on strategy. As well, it integrates seamlessly with powerpoint for BOD presentations and dashboarding. I also like the security features and customizations for publishing results to certain business owners - - all tied to their login (no more sending out documents in email everytime there is an update). The scenarios are great for "version control" of reporting, too

What do you dislike?

It's not intuitive enough, yet. There are too many 'clicks' required to get to a task/function and when you're building a report or template, you have to go to several area to complete it. I would appreciate if I'm building a template that I click on one point and then I'm lead through the entire process and presented all the possible tools and options that are involved in building a template. The set-up, choosing scenarios, seeding, formatting, etc. should all be in the same One View. It's a bit of a navigation issue, really.

As well (I understand this could be an integration partner issue), I would like a workbook for my team. Every Company regardless of data, industry, etc...goes through the same steps to set-up a template, create a report, assign work/tasks. Where is the quick-guide workbook? The owners manual, if you will. My car, fridge, TV, laptop, phone, etc...all have quick-start guides and owners manuals. Help us out, here. Because the way it is today, I have to spend my time writing a workbook for my team to reference (for cross-functional backup when folks are on vacation and for new hires to use.).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get a strong integration partner that you're comfortable with and understands how youre using the system and what your plans are for the future of your Company. Also make sure they give you a quick-start workbook

We were doing everything in Excel. So, this is solving accuracy issues, allowing us to be more flexible in how we design our reporting and what granularity of data we present, and giving us back time to focus on analysis. We've reduced our Monthly Close from 6 days to 4 days. So, that free time can be used on projects and strategic initiatives

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Host Analytics
Gaylord M.

"Strong EPM"

What do you like best?

Application strengths are quality user interface, intuitive navigation, strong & segmented security. The excel like interface makes it easy for non-finance users to use the application. The SaaS model minimizes internal IT support requirement. Application is highly configurable and our parent-subsidiary model, the application facilitates local empowerment while maintaining parent consolidation and reporting.

What do you dislike?

Dashboard functionality is limited. Database is designed for limited records, we have to choose what level of detail and number of records we upload to maintain performance. Workforce planning/HR module integration needs improvement. 'Core' application and HR do not appear to work naturally together.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Requirements gathering and defining outcomes are probably the two most critical elements in EMP decisioning. It is easy to be lured by advanced solutions and various bells and whistles. To enable and use advanced functionality requires detailed definition and parsing of source data which can be a very heavy lift. Focus on achievable deliverables and what can realistically be stood up in your current environment.

We use Host in place of GL reporting, for EPM and FP&A. For GL reporting, the application is responsive and investigations straightforward. Accessibility of architecture and native as well as custom reports facilitate understanding and identifying gl issues. EPM is currently under development, although the application appears capable of advanced reporting, metrics and interaction, we are currently executing basic dashboarding with push and drill down capability. FP&A - budgeting, forecasting and monthly reporting are core strengths of the application and have robust functionality.

What Corporate Performance Management (CPM) solution do you use?

Rebecca D.

"Excited at beginning with a few bumps in the road."

What do you like best?

I like that Host is ERP agnostic. Has allowed us flexibility to merge several new entities without an overall of their local operating systems.

What do you dislike?

Changes have been difficult. We used a third party consultant and once the initial project was completed and our initial consultation project was complete, we have experienced difficulties with changes and time lags in responses. Excited to meet our client services account rep at Perform 2019 and looking forward to learning what we can do to better utilize Host. I think this conference is beneficial and some structural changes in our internal team will allow us to better be prepared to use the software more completely.

We will shortly be fully live after a longer than expected parallel go live period. We have done one budget in Host and pulling reports "on the fly" have been easier than they were in the past. Looking forward to pulling together forecasts (mixed actual and budget periods combined) and saving time and energy.

Jeff P.

"Host Analytics - a"

What do you like best?

Host's design allows us to track GL and other data and use it to report on and/or analyze just about any aspect of the business. The quarterly updates to the software allow us to make suggestions for improvements that we can then see come to fruition in short time.

What do you dislike?

I wish the user interface for the modelling tool was more user-friendly, and the MDX functionality with the reporting module is difficult to maneuver.

Host provides us a with a versatile tool that allows to provide standard P&L reporting and consolidations for a multi-national company while also allowing reporting on other financial non-GL data for world-wide users. Host has helped us accomplish financial reporting, consolidations, monthly forecasting, and annual budgeting.

Jessica B.

"The next step to a better business"

Brad T.

"Finance Driven Solution"

What do you like best?

The system has been intuitive enough to help to solve our problems without requiring expensive consultants or significant time from our IT team. Host Analytics listens to its customers and its prioritizes the enhancements to the product and the published roadmap. They've been a good business partner from our perspective.

What do you dislike?

Nothing significant from our perspective. Occasionally, when a browser crashes or something doesn't work you need to rebuild unsaved work; hoewever, it's not a big deal.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you know your process and have an idea of what you want this to look like at the end. The implementation isn't the time to untake a reorg.

Consolidation, foreign currency reporting, budgeting, reporting, ad hoc financial analysis. We're able to answer questions and model things that weren't really possible before.

Mary M.

"Host took a lot of data and made it usable."

What do you like best?

Once set up, Host is easy to use. I have a large amount of product data that Host has helped me organize into something I can use in my business. I love how I can get several financial reports with the push of a button each month. It continues to make month end easier for me. Oh yeah, I use it for budgeting too. I originally got into Host for budgeting and it has been great for that, but I have found it great for many other things. I also love the way it can grow with me. As I use the software I realize there are more things I can do. Host customers for life team is always there to help me when I explore these possibilities.

What do you dislike?

It can be difficult to set up a report template. Once set it is good and there are no worries. I would like to feel like I understand how it all works better, but that is a time consuming endeavor. Thankfully there is always someone available at Host to help out.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend Host, it has been a great asset to me. Understand it is not something you can use without help from Host, but programs of this type often are not.

It help organize a lot of product data and made it usable. It made the budgeting process more organized and helped my monthly close become a more automated process.

Scott B.

"The training will be a great advantage for our business going forward."

What do you like best?

Host will allow us to take numerous cumbersome Excel reports and combine them into a "one stop shop" that will not take 10 minutes to update a file. If we can use the ideas we have learned during the conference we will be able to use the time we save by not having to update numerous spreadsheets and use that time for more value added tasks. I can't wait to get back and start working in the application.

What do you dislike?

Biggest disadvantage has been that we do not have access to all of the functions at this point. We are working with our administrators to give us the access we need to be successful.

We will save time and effort when we complete next years budget. This will make the end of year much less stressful.

Janet G.

"Best customer support ever!"

What do you like best?

Host Analytics modeling has been the most flexible, dynamic and user friendly analytical tool I have ever used in my 30+ years career. Their customer support is second to none, and have always been there to solve any challenges we encounter.

What do you dislike?

Data loading can be slow, depending on the amount of data captured in the model. Also, refreshing the core can be painfully slow when your boss is expecting an answer real time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You should use a partner consulting firm for initial implementation if you do not have a dedicated IT department with appropriate resources.

We use Host Analytics as the centralized repository for all of our operational data, financial or not. It then allows us to explore correlations between different data points, and make relevant and real time business decisions from them.

Nicholas M.

"Excellent Reporting"

What do you like best?

The most helpful features are having multiple platforms to run reports of our data. The cloud based reporting is quick and easy to use and update. Spotlight XL allows us to provide the same data to our team in a format that they are used to seeing.

What do you dislike?

The biggest problem I have had with Host is the program is not intuitive. We had problems with creating new scenarios and were not able to quickly fix our problems. However, Host Academy was able to walk us through the process.

We are now able to utilize forecasts in our company. We never had the capabilities to process forecasts before we had Host Analytics. We are also able to cut our month end close process from five days to four.

Jenson M.

"Host Analytics Review"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Host, is it is extremely intuitive to navigate reports. I have helped on-board a lot of new users and have yet to have an issue with teaching budget owners how to run their own reports.

What do you dislike?

Host is a complex tool and does require a lot of knowledge of how to navigate the system. Often times if you notice an issue or something not working, it takes a bit of research and updating items in a couple of different areas.

Host has been instrumental with expediting our monthly reporting pack. It used to take nearly a week to create all of the necessary reports and now we can get them at the click of a button. It has also streamlined our budgeting/forecasting process.

Megan M.

"Long Implementation but great experience!"

What do you like best?

Host is really focused on creating a beautiful UX and making financial tasks easy and enjoyable for all users and admins. The system has great capability and they have great improvements in the pipeline.

What do you dislike?

We had a long, tough implementation. Some of the online training is very helpful but answers to quick, simple questions can be hard to come by because the lower tier support is subpar. We have had a tough time with a stable success manager and architect to answer more complex problems which has delayed a lot of our rollout. We are still experiencing some formatting issues also, where Host doesn't have quite the same capability as Excel did.

We have reduced a lot of Excel and human error in our reporting.

Randy B.

"If you need consolidated financial statements, you need Host"

What do you like best?

The top benefits of Host (as referenced in the title) are the solid consolidations features, which are being updated at nearly every release with new bells and whistles, as well as those new releases. Host listens actively to its customer base and updates the software accordingly.

What do you dislike?

There's so much going on in the tools that sometimes it's difficult to know how best to solve an issue. Having said that, the Host Academy training materials are very robust and easy to use, and customer service is always quick to respond to my questions.

We are a multi-national firm with reporting entities in dozens of countries. Eliminating multiple levels of intercompany transactions and FX rate changes used to be the worst. With Host it's much better.

Jason P.

"Jason"

What do you like best?

Flexibility and easy of use in the reporting, consolidation and planning. The system is easy to customer ize to the company and the individual users. The system has added information that driver the right questions and aloows us to ask the questions in time to make the changes we see are necessary. We have cut our close period by half and it has added to the work life balance.

What do you dislike?

Prioritizarion of enhancements. There are alot of very simple enhancement that would improve functionality. They are minor issue such as formatting that eats up time after you have created the report you want. There should be a tier system to input for enhancement that includes quick updates.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it now, the soon you get started the sooner you can start saving time and money.

COnsolidation and planning. We have 2 ERP's and 2 charts of accounts and the Host application has made it easy to report. The easy of cusomization in the consolidation module allows us to change with the improvements we would like to make as we gain experience.

Michael Z.

"Providing Aid Despite Guidance"

What do you like best?

- Quick response time for help

- Customer service is great, Jeff Johnson is phenomenal

- Spotlight XL EBR very useful and very user-friendly

- BOOMI tool following implementation

- Row sets and column sets within reporting are very easily understood

What do you dislike?

- Product seems extremely fickle

- New products released and add-ins without informing us of the features

- Took a very long time to connect to SAP

- WFP hourly is useless

- WFP reporting is separate from Financial reporting

- Spotlight XL occasionally pulls in some account,s without pulling in all accounts (which makes us question accuracy)

- We have noticed that sometimes our calculations do not populate correctly and the locked feature keeps that from occurring. I do not like the fact that you need to save each individual template (or use the simulation engine) in order for some of the templates to work as set-up. They should automatically update.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Spotlight XL EBR is the most useful part of Host Analytics in addition to the reporting tool within the online interface. It seems as though many people don't use spotlight XL EBR, which I am shocked about.

We now have one repository for all our reports. This has solved several errors we discovered from having externally-linked excel workbooks. When the product is working, it ensures data reporting accuracy.

Joe G.

"Good tool with terrible support"

What do you like best?

The ability to manage scenarios and different plans. Many of the features are pretty handy, but adoption has been hard because getting the people up to speed has been a challenge.

What do you dislike?

The support experience has been less that appealing. It's nearly impossible to get a live person to talk to about a support ticket. Tickets are entered into the portal and they may or may not be addressed even with high priority. My team has been stuck waiting for days for a response that is helpful. We've had support people just cut and paste boilerplate articles that had nothing to do with our problems. It's forced us to take on additional expense to get support from one of the partners because they will call us back.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ensure you negotiate good support up front

Maturing the information technology areas ability to manage their budget.and improve the overall discipline around our IT spend. We also need to get a clear picture of the project spend.

Edgar M.

"Easy to use with very robust features"

What do you like best?

We like the workforce planning module. Having multiple grants fund multiple employees gets very complicated very quickly and the workforce planning will help us to make sure our allocations are correct and that the whole payroll process is done much faster.

What do you dislike?

The constant clicking is a bit annoying at times. With a cloud based system you are a bit at the mercy of your internet connection so having to click less would help alleviate that. Would also like to be able to use wildcard characters in search bars.

We are solving our budgeting, forecasting, and employee allocations with HOST. All of these processes are very time consuming and manual but HOST is increasing our efficiency several fold.

matt h.

"HOST Analytics- Planning and Reporting"

What do you like best?

I really like the flexibility of the tool and ability to cut data a lot of different ways from a reporting and planning standpoint. The tool has allowed our small agile department to cut down planning time by over 40% and allowed more analysis to be done

The tool has been very good in taking our organization to the next level and out of the excel based reporting/planning.

What do you dislike?

I wish some of hierarchy views could be a bit more flexible.

Have been able to get out reporting faster and cut down on the non value added planning time. Allowed my team to complete the entire organization budget process w/ a small team of FTE

Un-attributed

"Like the attention to their customers"

What do you like best?

I appreciate Host's responsiveness to their customers' needs. They listen to the feedback on the community and always consider the requests.

What do you dislike?

DLR - Wish manual loads would roll forward automatically. We are using automated loads now so in order for historical data from older DLRs to rollforward we need to manually enter zeroes for the next year.

Planning & Budgeting workflow - Sometimes we need to add an employee or adjust a tax rate after one or more budget templates have been put in the forwarded state already. In order for us to change the tax rates, we need to figure out which templates have been forwarded, send back, change the rates, then reforward the templates. This causes confusion for the department head who don't know why we're changing the statuses,

Spotlight XL has allowed us to really customize our monthly reporting package and budget packages. We're able to link sheets which cuts way down on having to tie out the reports.

Un-attributed

"well rounded software that allows for increased automation for financial reporting and processing"

What do you like best?

I like how Host is able to access all of our financial information from our ERP system and then report our information in a way that is user friendly for non-finance business members.

What do you dislike?

This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I dislike how much I don't know about Host. Coming to the conference has made me realize there is so much Host can do that our company and myself don't know about.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Host is a great tool that allows all business members the ability to access the information that they only need rather than all financial data.

We are currently solving our financial reporting and budgeting/planning process with Host. We have seen a significant increase in our efficiencies for budgeting. We also have the capabilities to allow our manufacturing plants to see real-time financial data rather than having to pull reports out of our ERP system and formatting them in a user-friendly manner.

AR
Un-attributed

"Host Analytics for Planning/Forecasting and Reporting"

What do you like best?

I like the useability, our users easily adapted to the templates to enter plans and update forecasts. They loved the Excel look which made training easier. I also really like the reporting functionality, especially utilizing report collections and scheduling of jobs. We have reduced our time to prepare the monthly reporting greatly, and we now can push reports out to our users automatically which is a huge improvement.

The helpdesk, customer service is really good.

What do you dislike?

Not all the modules have the same reporting tools, and should. The functionality in the HR module and capital needs improvement, although it is still a huge improvement over our excel worksheets and calculations. There also seems to be a few to many steps to get to the end results, and you have to be sure to walk through the steps to ensure the correct results.

Huge savings in planning and reporting processes. Our managers update and input their own plans/forecast directly into host so it improves the accountability, they own their numbers. Our process is quicker and more flexible. It would take us weeks to add a new location in all of our excel spreadsheets, it is much quicker now using host. We use FPP for our reporting package and it cut the time for our monthly results package more than in half. 50% of our monthly package comes directly out of host, so easy to run and distribute. So much less maintenance required.

Erin C.

"Wonderful Structure "

What do you like best?

I love the built in features of planning (which is what we use Host for) that make budgeting so much easier - like intercompany and workforce planning.

What do you dislike?

There is a lot of manual set up that is difficult to remember - like when you have to set up a new scenario or partitioning the actuals scenario. There's so much you have to do in several different locations and when you only do it once a year it's a pain to remember how.

RIght now we're only solving the problem of budgeting, but are working toward consolidated financial statements and getting our managers to run their own reports and access dashboards.

Chris A.

"High powered performance management"

What do you like best?

The top feature for me has been Workforce planning. My organization builds our HR plan at the employee level and during the planning process we make 100's of revisions and alignment changes that were extremely prone to error in our previous excel planning environment.

What do you dislike?

The feature I would like to see is actual to planing reporting in the workforce module. I would love to see direct integration with ADP which allows for real time comparison of plan to actual results at the employee level.

We have solved a major reporting issue with our current ERP system and we have been able to reduce the planing process by 30-40%.

Cassandra S.

"So far its been wonderful"

What do you like best?

What's most helpful is the reporting process. Especially being an accountant, its necessary to access financial reports. Host makes that much easier.

What do you dislike?

It can sometimes be difficult to navigate for new users. Also the training on the host community is not as helpful as I would like it to be.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take advantage of the conference. You will probably learn more at the conference than a general Q&A with Host.

Host helps me solve consolidation issues with reporting in my organization. Host also helps me solve those ad hoc questions that are asked of me by managers or other users. I'm able to query and create reports quickly.

Bryan L.

"Assistant Controller, general accounting and reporting"

What do you like best?

I like the increased control over the application that we have rather than having to submit an IT ticket each time.

What do you dislike?

We recently went live with the software in 2019. we still have some bug that need to be worked out between our G/L and Host. Some of the reports that we initially designed need to be redesigned to better handle changes in the business.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look at the systems that will be integrated with Host to make sure you will get the reporting/forecasting that you require.

We have a better integrated plan, on the cloud and usable by the many location for plan and forecast inputs.

Kemit P.

"Getting Better"

What do you like best?

I like the enhanced drill-through function. It enables our budget owners to get the additional information that they need.

What do you dislike?

The overall knowledge of the help desk needs to be improved for the different Host Analytics quirks within the application. For example, when drill through is enabled within reports, it removes the ability to change periods within the report. The help desk had a hard time researching this issue. Eventually we found out that it was a known issue. We placed this issue on the community site.

We are solving the problem of a time consuming budgeting process. We were able to streamline our budgeting process.

Ethan E.

"Great Tool for Modeling / Reporting"

What do you like best?

The most helpful thing about HostAnalytics is how seamless the data load and flow are. We are easily able to pull our data in from NetSuite each month and quickly do a variance analysis, actuals vs budget.

What do you dislike?

Often times when there is a discrepancy in our data, we have issues locating the cause for the discrepancy. Is it in Host, NetSuite, in the integration or somewhere else.

We are solving several data integrity issues we had. We realize the benefit that Host provides with data integrity, and are beginning to broaden our use of Host to integrate with SalesForce and other areas of NetSuite.

Angel W.

"Support is a little lacking"

What do you like best?

I love the people that I work with mostly, and the system is pretty amazing. I can easily geek out about it

What do you dislike?

Their support is kind of lacking. There have been times that I've called the support line and they've asked me to take screen shots and submit a ticket w/out trying to help..then the next time I spend 45 min taking screen shots only to have someone schedule a call and solve my issue in 6 min.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just have someone meet with you to talk about implementation and your expectations IN GREAT DETAIL before implementation

Workforce planning and reporting are very nice

AM
Un-attributed

"Host has been a fantastic upgrade of our budgeting and reporting software."

What do you like best?

Host has been much easier to use, has more flexibility, and we are constantly trying to build on our current knowledge and use Host to streamline our monthly activities as much as possible. We use Host for reporting, budgeting, and forecasting. We are implementing Spotlight within the next 6 months and we're excited that ad hoc reporting will be a lot quicker.

What do you dislike?

At times, I wish Host would run a tad faster. I also wish that the workforce reporting was a bit more robust and was able to report on actuals so we can create actual vs. budget reports.

Host has decreased the time it takes to do our monthly reporting package. We love the drill down feature as well, this enables the department managers to be more independent by being able to pull this information themselves.

UE
Un-attributed

"Host Analytics User Review"

What do you like best?

We like that we now have the ability to store all of our financial data and reports in a cloud based application. Anyone who needs to view the data and/or reports can easily access the information at any time.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally, our team has experienced the Host application running fairly slow, however Host now gives us the ability to use the application in Chrome, so the speed has improved quite a bit since we switched over from Internet Explorer. We do still experience some slowness around year end, though.

Storing all of our data in one cloud based database as opposed to a huge excel workbook with many, many spreadsheets. We are able to consolidate our financials must faster than before using Host Analytics.

Mahmoud M.

"Positive implementation impression"

What do you like best?

That the software has the ability to face the real life challenges that we face in the FP&A world. The best is that it is excel like user experience.

What do you dislike?

I think that the modelling part of the software is less user friendly, it still can achieve the most sophisticated models yet it would take time to implement. We're still in the implementation phase still so maybe I would change my mind later.

SG&A budgeting, planning and allocation. Consolidation, version control and automation and processing time. We didn't get much yet as we're still early in the implementation phase.

Un-attributed

"Powerful tool that can be picked up by a typical FP&A users"

What do you like best?

As an FP&A user, my data aligns with accounting data, and I can merge it with operating data. I can easily combine data from different systems and build reporting in a single spot.

The ability to bring data directly into Excel with the SpotlightXL tool is a MAJOR plus for FP&A users.

What do you dislike?

The Workforce Planning module takes a lot of maintenance. There is no easy way to match new hires with planned hires. It requires a lot of manual work. We have to keep almost a full FTE worth of time just keeping WFP updated.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be sure you have 1-2 people internally that can truly spend time learning the product during the implementation. It isn't hard to learn, but internal expertise is invaluable.

Take the time to learn SpotlightXL (the Excel tool) if you plan to build complicated models. SpotlightXL does have a real learning curve, but you can solve some a lot of problems with it.

We distribute our planning and reporting to business users. All business users now have access to their numbers. We have also replaced manual Excel based reporting, nearly eliminated data errors in reports.

Lee J.

"A Partnership. Not Just Another Software Vendor"

What do you like best?

After completing a very thorough vendor review process, I ultimately decided on Host because I believed in their partnership philosophy. I felt that several applications could have met my company's business needs but they would have been just another vendor. Host Analytics provided me with confidence that if I partnered with them, I would not fail in this endeavor. What I like best about Host Analytics is that they, along with my implementation partner, Bright Point Consulting, have met or exceeded every expectation I had in this regard. Both companies continue to offer unparalleled support. True partners indeed.

What do you dislike?

Host was originally constructed for Internet Explorer (as opposed to Chrome, IOS, etc.) and is continuously working toward becoming "browser agnostic". Some of the functionality does not translate across all browsers currently and as someone who prefers to use Chrome for everything, this can be frustrating at times. With that said, each new release offers improvements so I'm confident that the issue will be unnoticeable in the very near future (within the next 6 months based on my understanding).

Host Analytics has dramatically reduced the time it takes to produce a forecast. Before we implemented HA, we struggled to complete a single mid-year forecast each year that was already outdated by the time it was published. We are now completing quarterly forecasts and higher level monthly "flashcasts". By 2017 we will be on a monthly rolling forecast schedule.

Kipp R.

"Good Experience"

What do you like best?

Easy of use

Consistency of entry

Reporting generation of review and books

Easier to analyze

What do you dislike?

How the Training Classes were scheduled and occurred at the same time.

The ability to only edit cell in data entry with the cell itself as opposed to the formula bar like you can in Excel.

How the copy and paste function of multiple lines does not function correctly unless the entire range is visible on the screen

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure that you fully understand your process before implementation begins

Reporting and Forecasting

Increased consistency and quicker turn around

Manal N.

"Controller"

What do you like best?

Its user friendly and has many possibilities for a consolidation software. There are many automated features which makes it easier for manager position to use.

What do you dislike?

The implementation did not go well at all for my company, the consultant firm that was assigned to us was not competent enough to follow. Many mistakes were made during implementation that could not be changed afterwords.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It s a good product however the company has a hard time with implementation as they need to better understand the customer s needs.

Mostly consolidation, however, that module is not working well due to mistake make during implementation by BrightPoint. Reporting are made easier with Host versus Sage (our ERP system).

Robert B.

"Simple and Easy to use"

What do you like best?

easy for users to load data, and update forecast utilizing Planning templates

What do you dislike?

exporting reports to excel has a lot of useless columns and rows. but i just learned about spotlight, so I am going to convert all of my report to excel/spotlight reports so I will not have to export anymore

We rolled out our tool to over 200 budget managers to facilitate the forecasting/LRP process. Host help us save time by making it easy to get people in the field with simple to use templates to capture updated forecast.

eric s.

"Good update"

What do you like best?

the gathering of people that have a lot of the same questions and answers. the learning we can achieve from each other is great

What do you dislike?

would like to see another day of targeted training for people that are novices or that have people on their team that are novices

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be sure you have didicated resources to handle host it is too big to handle as a portion of someones job

Love the idea of multiple inputs so that multiple people can work with the same scenarios at the same time.

Paul B.

"Great familiarity "

What do you like best?

I work a a company where the average user is not the best with technology, so it is great that the formatting of most of the features on the application are very much excel related.

What do you dislike?

It's tough sometimes not being able to adjust the size of reports and dashboards on a screen--sometimes when I build something on my monitor, it looks terrible on a different monitor.

I'm helping all managers who normally are not responsible with monitoring their budgets to give them easy to manage tools to do so.

Donald C.

"Excellent First Time"

What do you like best?

Well organized. Showed the product, and the possible future enhancements. Really glad with the presentations were to demonstrate add-on software from partners, they were clearly advertised.

What do you dislike?

The rooms were very nice, but some times very small for the crowd size. Also for the day #1 training, round tables were used which was very difficult for many to work with.

As new users, we are gaining familiarity with the software and its capabilities. What I have run into is the issue that I have more fields that I want to import into Host than is possible. I want to be able to report on non-financial metrics and am not able to.

Michael J. D.

"Excellent Cloud Based, Affordable Application"

What do you like best?

i like that Host planning and spotlight are a blank canvas that i can create my own customized templates and tools.

What do you dislike?

web based application is restrictive in terms of speed to update, simply because its web based and that involves alot of mouse clicking and repetitive procedures. That said, host continually works to improve this issue, and they have made significant progress.

consolidation was our biggest problem and our has been our greatest benefit.

we have dozens of entities and host seamlessly consolidates all these ledgers.

Robert F.

"Finance the Right Way"

What do you like best?

Host Analytics helps finance evolve into a more effective business partner through maximizing reporting efficiencies and providing dynamic reports to assist in strategic decision making. Less time spent on data mining and data auditing = more time analyzing and providing recommendations to senior management.

What do you dislike?

Trying to understand if I was using the tool as effectively as possible in my current position or whether I could add functionality.

Scenario analysis and long-term planning. Less time spent on data processing and more time spent on reading the business

Un-attributed

"Budgeting improvements for our company"

What do you like best?

I like that Host continues to add enhancements, which in turn give me ideas of how I can better utilize the tool. We currently only use Host for budgeting but seeing all of the tools and features it has makes me eager to use it for forecasting and modeling as well. Host is fairly simple to use and the cloud functionality makes it easy to work throughout my company utilizing the same data in multiple locations.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes wish the cube refresh was quicker and that you don't risk losing changes with a formula error.

We are saving time during budget as we are able to handle over 30 companies at the same time and collaboritvely work with different departments and locations simultaneously.

Rick O.

"Host Analytics has given our forecasting process a boost.....and more!"

What do you like best?

We initially purchased the product for forecasting but it covers a lot of bases for us now: Forecasting , Budgeting, Workforce Planning, Management Reporting, Constant Currency Reporting. We have found it to be a robust system that we in Finance can easily maintain. This has given us great flexibility in configuring the software to meet our needs without incurring a lot of costs from our outsourced IT partners. It is very easy to train new users since it has the look and feel of Excel but with loads more capability. The fact that cloud updates flow through seamlessly is an added plus.

What do you dislike?

We would like even out the use of this product through the year. Right now, we tend to use it at month end for reporting out our close, quarterly for forecasts and annually for budgets. We'd like to get our data loaded in automatically so that we can start to use this as a tool throughout the month to analyze our data. This is feasible but we just need to find the time and resources to auomate our loads.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very much worth more than just a consideration. Very cost effective product and can be supported within Finance without IT. This was a huge plus for our company.

We initially needed a product to help us with our quarterly 18 month rolling forecasts. It has been a godsend to our forecasting process. We've shortened the process and increased the amount of time available to analyze results as opposed to building the forecast. It has done the same for our annual budget exercise. We've also been able to add comprehensive workforce planning to both our forecast and our budget at a level of detail that had not been previously possible. Reorganizations and changes are significantly easier now. We've also seen a benefit from improved management reporting. We can finally report actual, budget and forecast from a single source. Very pleased with the product.

mark r.

"The networking was great"

What do you like best?

Streamlining the finance processes and seeing clients have success in helping them do their jobs is great.

What do you dislike?

Dislike is a strong word i would choose to use enhancement i would like to see. in the dashboards the ability to link reports and/or other dashboards to an existing dashboard.

problems solved have been getting clients out of "excel hell" and streamlining the finance functions. One of the great benefits is freeing up time for finance to analyze data and reduce the amount of manual keying.

Shane R.

"Great cloud based solution for F&A teams of all sizes"

What do you like best?

Host Analytics is great for ad hoc reporting and building a report or modifying an existing report can be done in a matter of seconds and it takes no special knowledge of computer coding (our application is completely supported by Finance). It does an excellent job of integrating MS Excel functionality into a web application and allows organizations of all sizes to quickly and efficiently report, forecast, budget and analyze their business. They also have a great customer service team that is responsive and knowledgable about their application, but more importantly what F&A users go through on a day to day basis.

What do you dislike?

The speed of the application (loading pages/reports, etc.) can be slower than desired at times. Dashboarding is improving, but lags behind other specialized dashboard applications in ease of use and speed.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're not in the cloud yet for F&A solutions you should strongly consider it and Host should be one of the solutions you look at. They are customer focused and consistently improving and truly understand what F&A goes through.

Our company uses Host for Forecasting, Budgeting, Reporting and Analysis.

Ad Hoc reporting is quite easy with Host. Building a report or modifying an existing report can be done in a matter of seconds and it takes no special knowledge of computer coding or a request to an IT group.

Our Host application is 100% supported by the F&A group, no IT support. This reduces the burden on our internal IT team and also give us in F&A better ability to make changes on an as needed basis.

Host does a great job of integrating MS Excel functionality into a web application. We are all familiar with Excel and the power of that tool, but also know what it's like to get stuck in Excel Hell with multiple versions of a spreadsheet, or a broken spreadsheets. Having online templates allows F&A to be in control of input templates, which are easily accessible by all who need to see them and user/security management is simple and easy to update.

The Host customer service team is always willing to help if we ever run into a problem. The company has a customer first attitude that comes through in everyone you deal with.

As a web based platform there are at least quarterly product releases and new functionality is being added all the time. Much of the new functionality is based on custom request and the company is willing to listen if you have a need or idea.

Ryan K.

"Host is very user friendly and easy to learn/train people in."

What do you like best?

I like spotlight the best because it allows for so much freedom with building reports and it is very helpful with calculating our cash flows instead of having to do it manually.

What do you dislike?

There are some limiting factors...for example I wish that we can schedule the "refresh closed period" function. I like how Host takes feedback from the community though and actually considers our thoughts.

It is definitely helping with consolidation so much. We are able to easily grab data/metrics from all of our acquisitions.

Un-attributed

"Comprehensive software for any operations function, with excellent customer service"

What do you like best?

Host Analytics has been an extremely useful software for our company. We have had multiple strives in our automation and process improvement. Like any piece of software, there are limitations, but Host has by far the least of any that I have seen in the market. The customer service has been more than excellent consistently, making it the best in class in its field.

What do you dislike?

Certain UI features are difficult, especially for minimal/new users. With improvements and upcoming software updates, I am positive that this will improve.

Teaching new users has been our hardest effort so far. Going forward, we expect through a better understanding of the system and more experience, that our training efforts will be much better and much easier.

Jarrod L.

"Great planning and reporting tool for any business"

What do you like best?

Creating and distributing high-quality reports is easy in Host Analytics. The reporting tool is intuitive to learn and functions much like a pivot table in Excel. Common report sets can be created to be used in multiple reports, so you don't have to recreate the wheel for each one. Using the cloud scheduler, reports can be emailed automatically, greatly improving our team's efficiency.

What do you dislike?

The workflow doesn't quite work for our budget cycle. Every budget template must be complete before anything can be forwarded for approval. Our process steps are completed at different times, so this just doesn't work for us. Reporting on statistical items like headcount can be difficult.

Using this tool, we can have several different forecast scenarios within the same time period, so we can compare them and make informed decisions.

Oliver V.