Hootsuite Reviews & Product Details

Social Media/Content Manager
What do you like best?

I can look at all of my feeds in one place, reply to posts and tweets, and schedule posts all from the dashboard. It saves a lot of time compared to logging in to each social media account and creating posts for each. It also lets me track keywords on Twitter so I know when something related to my industry is mentioned and I can watch trending topics. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's not very cost effective and many of the plug-ins either don't do what they claim to do or are difficult to use. It's also not easy to post to Instagram, but that has more to do with Instagram than any social management tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are other cost effective options, but Hootsuite does what any of the other big players in social media management can do. From replying to posts within the dashboard to posting to multiple profiles at once, it makes it easier to be on top of all social media accounts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing social media is easier with Hootsuite since everything is in one place. I'm much less likely to miss mentions or posts on my page because I can view everything at once. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Hootsuite Overview

What is Hootsuite?

Hootsuite is the global leader in social media management. With over 200,000 paid accounts and millions of users, Hootsuite powers social media for brands and organizations around the world, from the smallest businesses to the largest enterprises. Hootsuite’s unparalleled expertise in social selling, social customer care, and social media management empowers organizations to strategically grow their brands, businesses, and customer relationships with social. Hootsuite Academy, the industry-leading online learning platform, empowers education and growth through a wide range of certifications and has delivered over one million courses to over half a million people worldwide.

Hootsuite Details
Arabic, Catalan, German, English, French, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish

Hootsuite is the leader in social media management, trusted by more than 18 million users. With Hootsuite, you can confidently schedule posts, engage in conversations, and track your social performance, all in one place, giving you the right tools to grow your brands, businesses, and customer relationships with social.

Hootsuite
2008
Vancouver, BC
@hootsuite
7,627,912 Twitter followers
1,461 employees on LinkedIn®
Description

Hootsuite Media, Inc. provides Web-based social media management solutions for businesses and organizations to collaboratively execute campaigns across various social networks. Its HootSuite unique social media dashboard enables users to launch marketing campaigns, identify and grow audiences, distribute targeted messages, manage various social profiles, schedule messages and tweets, track brand mentions, and analyze social media traffic. The HootSuite's features include social network management, team/business collaboration, custom/social analytics, message management, and security for social assets. HootSuite Media, Inc. was founded in 2008 and is based in Vancouver, Canada.

Hootsuite Videos

Hootsuite Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Hootsuite community
Have you used Hootsuite before?

Hootsuite Reviews

Showing 2,979 Hootsuite reviews
Showing 2,979 reviews
Already have Hootsuite?
Account Director
Social Media Strategist
What do you like best?

The most fabulous feature of Hootsuite is the ability to integrate multiple social media accounts and schedule posts across them in real-time from a single dashboard. Analyzing the advertisement metrics across various social media platforms from one place is rime saving and problem-solving. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The desktop version of this app, significantly when scheduling posts, is a little more cumbersome. In contrast to the mobile app, it needs too many actions to produce a post. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Rather than posting on each social media profile, Hootsuite lets users post across multiple social media platforms within a single dashboard. Not only that, it is ideal for running advertisements to access various social media profiles from a single tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Hootsuite acts as one place to monitor multiple social media platforms, create branded and consistent marketing campaigns, schedule content in advance, and analyze how their content performs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Content Director
What do you like best?

Hootsuite is purely for social media publishing. Having met with vendors of products that are focused on user active with a portion of social media functionality built-in, Hootsuite is a product (one of many) that is solely based on social media publishing and reporting. If you're just wanting a social media publishing platform that allows for an approval system with some analytic reporting, Hootsuite delivers. Also with the pricing tier my company is in, I have a dedicated call with a representative who is very pleasant to work with. She scheduled a special call once to train me on some of the new features of the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When it comes to social media publishing, there's so much that you can do or that you may be looking for regarding analytics to how the posts are displayed on the dashboard. Again having met with multiple vendors and as a full-time Hootsuite user for almost a year, there are some aspects of functionality that Hootsuite is lacking either due to API or the pricing tiers. I have had numerous frustrating moments this year where I can't create analytic reports due to discrepancies from what Hootsuite is reporting compared to the native platform. For example Hootsuite is currently reporting that we have 20 more Twitter followers than what Twitter is reporting. At times the range had increased to 200 more followers than what we actually had.

The analytic reporting is the main sore point with me regarding Hootsuite just based on my experience with it this past year. It's frustrating to constantly see discrepancies and then have to repeat yourself over and over in the help desk ticking systems to new representatives that get assigned the ticket (the dedicated customer service rep. can only do so much themselves before opening another ticket on your behalf).

There's also functionality limitations due to the APIs available. For example, I started to incorporate more video files into my social posts this year once I saw an uptick in engagement on those posts (video files, not click-through video links). However, these wouldn't appear on the backend streams once they were published. After some digging and asking around, I found it's due to LinkedIn's API that doesn't support posts with video files? Not completely on Hootsuite's end, but with API limitations and most of their analytic plug-ins created for a Facebook login, I find myself turning to the native analytics more often than not. There's not a lot of functionality for the price beyond just simple social media publish of which a simple work-around could be made. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Really think about what it is that you're trying to achieve before purchasing. If you want simple analytics and easy social media publishing, Hootsuite could work for you. If you're trying to do anything more robust regarding analytics, listening, or back-end usability, it may not be there or may be at a higher price point. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're solving the issue of content promotion through simple social media publishing. It cuts down on duplicative work and the clear approval system allows for posts to go out without errors or editing. This makes promotion achievable through eliminating the sometimes over-whelming approach to social media. Couple with using Hootsuite Amplify, it's simple to get information out to our employees this way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Specialist
What do you like best?

I use Hootsuite every day at work because it is easy and reliable. I love how they are constantly updating their service in order to keep up with the ever-changing social media industry. I also really appreciate that they have an integrated photo editor in their scheduler. This allows me to fine-tune my graphics to optimized them for each platform I use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

While it does try to improve, there are some annoying nuisances with using the service. For example, there is no way to schedule an IGTV in the app and no way to schedule an Instagram post with multiple photos. Because of this, I often have to adjust my content schedule to make sure that I am available to publish the IGTV episode or multi-photo post manually. I understand that a lot of the things I dislike are out of Hootsuite's hands because they are a third party application trying to work with social media giants but it is definitely something that is annoying. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For the price, it is great software! It is very user friendly and intuitive. If you and/or your team are wanting to expand on your social media efforts, I highly recommend this product. It is simple to set up and people with all skill levels can use it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Hootsuite allows me to plan my social media content as far out as I would like. I also am now able to keep track of industry-related topics on social media because of the customizable dashboards. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

What I like best about Hootsuite is the ability to see many channels and content output/input at once. We have 5 brands to watch daily, so the way you can customize your stream makes it easy to see a lot of content at once. I can switch between viewing mentions, or my own content on the timeline. I like the way it shows Twitter the most. You can also manage a large team and choose which channels they can access, this is helpful when you have many brands/channels and need the extra team help. We also use the custom URL which allows for our links to be branded and recognizable for our company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If you are more active on channels like Instagram, it can be a little more difficult to manage. I use the browser version the most, the mobile app is good but can feel clunky when you're on the move. We do not use the Analytics as much as I'd like, I wish they were deeper in some ways. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend playing around with the feed setup, as there are many choices to consider for the layout. Take advantage of the features like search for hashtags and company name. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problem we are solving is keeping a pulse on our social media mentions and conversations, and to schedule our outgoing content. We use scheduling a lot since we work in so many different timezones. It's been helpful to be able to schedule content across twitter, facebook, linkedin for days ahead. It is also a helpful way to stay on top of mentions and messages that come in throughout the day, you can scroll through the feed to see what you missed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder and Online Business & Marketing Strategist
What do you like best?

If you're on a budget, then Hootsuite is great for that. The free version gives you the ability to manage more social networks than other big name social media management platforms. The paid version is also more reasonable than others with tons of features. Plus, they're always adding new features. Lots of options, but I like that you can add a lot of networks even on the free version. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They have options like other platforms which allow you to schedule posts on a calendar and recycle content, but it's not as good as other platforms. However, they're constantly improving and adding new features, so I expect it to only get better with time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for a free or cost effective social media management platform that allows you to add plenty of networks and is packed with features, then Hootsuite is the way to go. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

When I first started with Hootsuite, I was on a very limited budget and just looking for a free solution. Hootsuite gave me the ability to manage multiple accounts for free. Eventually I needed to add more accounts, so I upgraded to the paid version. But they're a great platform to start out with, especially if you're managing multiple social media accounts for yourself or others. I also now use them for a team with a client, which makes it so easy to share and schedule content between myself and the client. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Coordinator
What do you like best?

It gives us the option to schedule all our publications to forget about being glued to the server at certain times and dedicate that time to other things. Hootsuite has a fairly large and easy to use control panel. Its design is very easy to handle. The whole process can be streamlined due to the visual scheduling that Hootsuite provides. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At times Hootsuite can be very messy, although it is easy to configure and manipulate. If you are just starting to use this software Hootsuite can be quite tedious, but the tutorials are very good at explaining how to get started. Despite its excellent design it is not the best user interface. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Despite the price increase it has had in the last quarter Hootsuite is still by us highly recommended for use by the general public. It is a great tool and is quite powerful and very easy to use, as well as being very intuitive. The learning curve is excellent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were able to schedule all of our Twitter and Facebook posts right out of the box. We schedule all the posts on our channels so that our customers have all the information at the right time. Overall, Hootsuite is an excellent tool as long as we maintain good management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Technical Analyst
What do you like best?

You can run your social media profiles in auto mode with the help of this application. You can schedule posts in advance and it will be published later. It supports various social networks like Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin, etc. You also get 30 days free trial to use the software and understand it properly. You can even request a demo for enterprise plans. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The premium version is quite expensive for newcomers or small businesses. There is a minor glitch in Facebook scheduling, when we schedule multiple pictures in one post we expect it to be in a single post. But actually all pictures will be posted separately. They need to work on this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Best suited for PR agencies and social media managers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

You can manage multiple social media profiles of individuals all at one place. You get unlimited post scheduling. They provide analytics of every single profile in detail via email, so that you can make your further strategy for posting. You can collaborate with your team on a project to manage multiple accounts or pages. This application is best for hardcore digital marketing agencies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Development Representative
What do you like best?

Ability to schedule posts in advance.

Ability to manage messages on multiple pages all at once.

I'm able to post to LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. Recently allowed for posting to instagram stories which is pretty cool.

Useful analytics

Allows me to work collaboratively with the team easier, and provide visibility into what content is going out.

Very user-friendly experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the social posts don't publish, although this is infrequent, it does happen from time to time. This is the same with other platforms as well, so I don't blame them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely consider them. A bit pricier than other platforms, but includes more tools and is easier to manage. They also write great blog posts, to help you with social media marketing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Been able to reduce the amount of time I spend managing and posting to accounts drastically. Also, we are able to save time by providing everyone visibility into what is happening in our social media channels. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Finance Analyst
What do you like best?

Hootsuite helps a lot to monitor multiple social networks. I can manage all social media platforms using this tool only. Your customer service is wonderful; responds quickly to questions. I get a lot of help thanks to the analytics the tool provides. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In my opinion, Hootsuite should bring a feature that allows me to preview things that I am about to post on my social media. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have used Hootsuite to manage multiple social networks. What I love about Hootsuite is the analytics. The analytics provided by Hootsuite are very detailed and helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Research Assistant
What do you like best?

The ability to post to all my social media platforms for work has been an absolute boon for a smooth day-to-day workday. I can cross-post to multiple platforms at once without having to open each site. It's very easy to monitor the comment section for multiple platforms and even push some content directly from hootsuite. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There aren't many feature updates at least since I've been using Hootsuite and the time it takes for new implementations to be released is really long. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Hootsuite offers the necessary functions to manage your social networks without the need to use multiple applications in the process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Hootsuite has helped us expand our social media audience and this will really help us earn as much money as possible by saving us critical time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Hootsuite is a powerful social media management tool for small and large businesses and the Influencer Identification feature is especially helpful to us. It is very useful to be able to establish a publication schedule and to be able to share it with a team if you need it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The price of the software is very reasonable. However, if you want to use some of the cool extra features, you have to pay more and it gets expensive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Hootsuite has been very useful to us as it does a good job of extracting analytical data from our target audience and saves us a lot of time in publishing content and tracking the most relevant content in our market niche. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Vice President Marketing & Loyalty, Target
What do you like best?

The process of publishing a post within Hootsuite is fast in terms of scheduling, because Hootsuite has its own calendar of activities at the time of creating a post. Scheduled publications are added to a group calendar, which serves to inform about the dates occupied in each account Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are times when Hootsuite does not change the account on which you want to make a certain posting, which ends up causing the posting to be scheduled on the wrong account, so it must be changed later Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Hootsuite makes the work life of the Community Manager more balanced, making it easier for you to create and share content without it needing to be present during publication. It is highly recommended for agencies Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Hootsuite is the most balanced service for working with social network marketing because it has features for identifying and segmenting audiences. Hootsuite is good at measuring the reach of each publication that is made Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Global Head of Data Science
What do you like best?

Hootsuite is my daily requirement to manage the content for my various channels so that I can never left behind to provide my customers amazing offers. It has allowed me to track effectiveness in real time, and take an insight of my most common content that has been viewed by the customers. It is associated with calendar so I schedule the content uploading with it, in this I remain active through the week, in spite of being offline in real. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Through HootSuite I have the transparent idea about the customers’ engagement across my social networks. It has increased my sales and improved our market success ratio. If you ask what I dislike about it then I would say I have nothing to dislike about it. It is going amazing and providing fantastic performance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is the platform that brings together all social channels and let me manage all social channels at once on one platform. It has come up with most advanced kind of social media management features and functions. Must give it a try it will provides best ways for managing all social media channels at once. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This platform is source for my entire team to collaborate with one another so that we create amazing posts. HootSuite has provided me an option to better communicate with my audience, as I reply to them in private messages and guide them throughout the journey thus I built strong customer relations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It's simple and efficient, and once it's done, you know it's going to be done right and you can leave. If there is a problem, you can communicate quickly so that it can be resolved before "posting" anything. This is important for the tool to be effective, if it is challenging or needs updating each time, it will make the product easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything that can really improve functionality. I hope to see the redesign more easily "observed", but this is only my design preference. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think this is very suitable for companies that are developing a social networking strategy. I also think it could be very suitable for small business owners or people who want to become social media influencers. This tool allows you to develop publications and time schedules, and then you can start your day. You can spend some time focusing on this important marketing tool, and then continue your day, but appear to the "viewers" or "followers" to continue to pay attention to their messages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our marketing department, especially our social media team, is using it. The problem it solves is that, in the current era of constant information overload, we, as a company, do not want to feel overwhelmed by the image of social networks, but we do not want to hire someone to publish and/or monitor continuously. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ability to add and manage multiple social media pages through a single dashboard is a fascinating feature of Hootsuite. It is also possible to schedule multiple posts on various social media pages on various dates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is not possible to publish multiple images on an Instagram post. Furthermore, this app does not give much information about its optimal uses for first-time users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Hootsuite has become a digital social media manager, capable of managing various social media profiles such as Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn. This app is a real time saver as all the posts can be scheduled and publish without logging into each social media accounts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.