Hootsuite Reviews & Product Details

AE
What do you like best?

Hootsuite does one key thing - saves us time! We are able to schedule content, report, review content and work across teams efficiently and effectively. Hootsuite also gives us next level social media monitoring that has been invaluable to our organisation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The restrictions imposed due to GDPR etc and the issues around social network functions being unavailable, however this would apply to all social media management platforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Hootsuite will transform your social media management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to monitor the success of strategically aligned social campaigns. We are better informed and able to take part in those conversations about us on social media. We are able to interact with our followers etc easier and plan/share content across teams. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Hootsuite Overview

What is Hootsuite?

Hootsuite is the most widely used social media management platform, loved by over 18 million people worldwide and trusted by more than 800 of the Fortune 1000. Our brand promise is to empower all organizations–large and small–to strategically grow their brand, business and customer relationships with social. Our platform brings together your social networks and integrates with over 200 business applications. It’s the one place to build customer relationships, listen to the needs of the market and grow your revenue. From social advertising to employee advocacy, Hootsuite is your all-in-one solution for driving business results.

Hootsuite Details

With Hootsuite, you can monitor keywords, manage multiple Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Foursquare, Ping.fm and WordPress profiles, schedule messages, and measure your success.

Hootsuite
2008
Vancouver, BC
@hootsuite
7,638,272 Twitter followers
1,431 employees on LinkedIn®
Description

HootSuite Media, Inc. provides Web-based social media management solutions for businesses and organizations to collaboratively execute campaigns across various social networks. Its HootSuite unique social media dashboard enables users to launch marketing campaigns, identify and grow audiences, distribute targeted messages, manage various social profiles, schedule messages and tweets, track brand mentions, and analyze social media traffic. The HootSuite's features include social network management, team/business collaboration, custom/social analytics, message management, and security for social assets. HootSuite Media, Inc. was founded in 2008 and is based in Vancouver, Canada.

Hootsuite Videos

Hootsuite Screenshots

Hootsuite Reviews

Showing 2,973 Hootsuite reviews
Showing 2,973 reviews
Already have Hootsuite?
Account Director
Content Director
What do you like best?

Hootsuite is purely for social media publishing. Having met with vendors of products that are focused on user active with a portion of social media functionality built-in, Hootsuite is a product (one of many) that is solely based on social media publishing and reporting. If you're just wanting a social media publishing platform that allows for an approval system with some analytic reporting, Hootsuite delivers. Also with the pricing tier my company is in, I have a dedicated call with a representative who is very pleasant to work with. She scheduled a special call once to train me on some of the new features of the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When it comes to social media publishing, there's so much that you can do or that you may be looking for regarding analytics to how the posts are displayed on the dashboard. Again having met with multiple vendors and as a full-time Hootsuite user for almost a year, there are some aspects of functionality that Hootsuite is lacking either due to API or the pricing tiers. I have had numerous frustrating moments this year where I can't create analytic reports due to discrepancies from what Hootsuite is reporting compared to the native platform. For example Hootsuite is currently reporting that we have 20 more Twitter followers than what Twitter is reporting. At times the range had increased to 200 more followers than what we actually had.

The analytic reporting is the main sore point with me regarding Hootsuite just based on my experience with it this past year. It's frustrating to constantly see discrepancies and then have to repeat yourself over and over in the help desk ticking systems to new representatives that get assigned the ticket (the dedicated customer service rep. can only do so much themselves before opening another ticket on your behalf).

There's also functionality limitations due to the APIs available. For example, I started to incorporate more video files into my social posts this year once I saw an uptick in engagement on those posts (video files, not click-through video links). However, these wouldn't appear on the backend streams once they were published. After some digging and asking around, I found it's due to LinkedIn's API that doesn't support posts with video files? Not completely on Hootsuite's end, but with API limitations and most of their analytic plug-ins created for a Facebook login, I find myself turning to the native analytics more often than not. There's not a lot of functionality for the price beyond just simple social media publish of which a simple work-around could be made. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Really think about what it is that you're trying to achieve before purchasing. If you want simple analytics and easy social media publishing, Hootsuite could work for you. If you're trying to do anything more robust regarding analytics, listening, or back-end usability, it may not be there or may be at a higher price point. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're solving the issue of content promotion through simple social media publishing. It cuts down on duplicative work and the clear approval system allows for posts to go out without errors or editing. This makes promotion achievable through eliminating the sometimes over-whelming approach to social media. Couple with using Hootsuite Amplify, it's simple to get information out to our employees this way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Specialist
What do you like best?

I use Hootsuite every day at work because it is easy and reliable. I love how they are constantly updating their service in order to keep up with the ever-changing social media industry. I also really appreciate that they have an integrated photo editor in their scheduler. This allows me to fine-tune my graphics to optimized them for each platform I use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

While it does try to improve, there are some annoying nuisances with using the service. For example, there is no way to schedule an IGTV in the app and no way to schedule an Instagram post with multiple photos. Because of this, I often have to adjust my content schedule to make sure that I am available to publish the IGTV episode or multi-photo post manually. I understand that a lot of the things I dislike are out of Hootsuite's hands because they are a third party application trying to work with social media giants but it is definitely something that is annoying. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For the price, it is great software! It is very user friendly and intuitive. If you and/or your team are wanting to expand on your social media efforts, I highly recommend this product. It is simple to set up and people with all skill levels can use it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Hootsuite allows me to plan my social media content as far out as I would like. I also am now able to keep track of industry-related topics on social media because of the customizable dashboards. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

What I like best about Hootsuite is the ability to see many channels and content output/input at once. We have 5 brands to watch daily, so the way you can customize your stream makes it easy to see a lot of content at once. I can switch between viewing mentions, or my own content on the timeline. I like the way it shows Twitter the most. You can also manage a large team and choose which channels they can access, this is helpful when you have many brands/channels and need the extra team help. We also use the custom URL which allows for our links to be branded and recognizable for our company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If you are more active on channels like Instagram, it can be a little more difficult to manage. I use the browser version the most, the mobile app is good but can feel clunky when you're on the move. We do not use the Analytics as much as I'd like, I wish they were deeper in some ways. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend playing around with the feed setup, as there are many choices to consider for the layout. Take advantage of the features like search for hashtags and company name. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problem we are solving is keeping a pulse on our social media mentions and conversations, and to schedule our outgoing content. We use scheduling a lot since we work in so many different timezones. It's been helpful to be able to schedule content across twitter, facebook, linkedin for days ahead. It is also a helpful way to stay on top of mentions and messages that come in throughout the day, you can scroll through the feed to see what you missed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder and Online Business & Marketing Strategist
What do you like best?

If you're on a budget, then Hootsuite is great for that. The free version gives you the ability to manage more social networks than other big name social media management platforms. The paid version is also more reasonable than others with tons of features. Plus, they're always adding new features. Lots of options, but I like that you can add a lot of networks even on the free version. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They have options like other platforms which allow you to schedule posts on a calendar and recycle content, but it's not as good as other platforms. However, they're constantly improving and adding new features, so I expect it to only get better with time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for a free or cost effective social media management platform that allows you to add plenty of networks and is packed with features, then Hootsuite is the way to go. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

When I first started with Hootsuite, I was on a very limited budget and just looking for a free solution. Hootsuite gave me the ability to manage multiple accounts for free. Eventually I needed to add more accounts, so I upgraded to the paid version. But they're a great platform to start out with, especially if you're managing multiple social media accounts for yourself or others. I also now use them for a team with a client, which makes it so easy to share and schedule content between myself and the client. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Development Representative
What do you like best?

Ability to schedule posts in advance.

Ability to manage messages on multiple pages all at once.

I'm able to post to LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. Recently allowed for posting to instagram stories which is pretty cool.

Useful analytics

Allows me to work collaboratively with the team easier, and provide visibility into what content is going out.

Very user-friendly experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the social posts don't publish, although this is infrequent, it does happen from time to time. This is the same with other platforms as well, so I don't blame them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely consider them. A bit pricier than other platforms, but includes more tools and is easier to manage. They also write great blog posts, to help you with social media marketing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Been able to reduce the amount of time I spend managing and posting to accounts drastically. Also, we are able to save time by providing everyone visibility into what is happening in our social media channels. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Research Assistant
What do you like best?

The ability to post to all my social media platforms for work has been an absolute boon for a smooth day-to-day workday. I can cross-post to multiple platforms at once without having to open each site. It's very easy to monitor the comment section for multiple platforms and even push some content directly from hootsuite. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There aren't many feature updates at least since I've been using Hootsuite and the time it takes for new implementations to be released is really long. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Hootsuite offers the necessary functions to manage your social networks without the need to use multiple applications in the process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Hootsuite has helped us expand our social media audience and this will really help us earn as much money as possible by saving us critical time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Hootsuite is a powerful social media management tool for small and large businesses and the Influencer Identification feature is especially helpful to us. It is very useful to be able to establish a publication schedule and to be able to share it with a team if you need it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The price of the software is very reasonable. However, if you want to use some of the cool extra features, you have to pay more and it gets expensive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Hootsuite has been very useful to us as it does a good job of extracting analytical data from our target audience and saves us a lot of time in publishing content and tracking the most relevant content in our market niche. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Vice President Marketing & Loyalty, Target
What do you like best?

The process of publishing a post within Hootsuite is fast in terms of scheduling, because Hootsuite has its own calendar of activities at the time of creating a post. Scheduled publications are added to a group calendar, which serves to inform about the dates occupied in each account Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are times when Hootsuite does not change the account on which you want to make a certain posting, which ends up causing the posting to be scheduled on the wrong account, so it must be changed later Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Hootsuite makes the work life of the Community Manager more balanced, making it easier for you to create and share content without it needing to be present during publication. It is highly recommended for agencies Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Hootsuite is the most balanced service for working with social network marketing because it has features for identifying and segmenting audiences. Hootsuite is good at measuring the reach of each publication that is made Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Global Head of Data Science
What do you like best?

Hootsuite is my daily requirement to manage the content for my various channels so that I can never left behind to provide my customers amazing offers. It has allowed me to track effectiveness in real time, and take an insight of my most common content that has been viewed by the customers. It is associated with calendar so I schedule the content uploading with it, in this I remain active through the week, in spite of being offline in real. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Through HootSuite I have the transparent idea about the customers’ engagement across my social networks. It has increased my sales and improved our market success ratio. If you ask what I dislike about it then I would say I have nothing to dislike about it. It is going amazing and providing fantastic performance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is the platform that brings together all social channels and let me manage all social channels at once on one platform. It has come up with most advanced kind of social media management features and functions. Must give it a try it will provides best ways for managing all social media channels at once. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This platform is source for my entire team to collaborate with one another so that we create amazing posts. HootSuite has provided me an option to better communicate with my audience, as I reply to them in private messages and guide them throughout the journey thus I built strong customer relations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It's simple and efficient, and once it's done, you know it's going to be done right and you can leave. If there is a problem, you can communicate quickly so that it can be resolved before "posting" anything. This is important for the tool to be effective, if it is challenging or needs updating each time, it will make the product easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything that can really improve functionality. I hope to see the redesign more easily "observed", but this is only my design preference. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think this is very suitable for companies that are developing a social networking strategy. I also think it could be very suitable for small business owners or people who want to become social media influencers. This tool allows you to develop publications and time schedules, and then you can start your day. You can spend some time focusing on this important marketing tool, and then continue your day, but appear to the "viewers" or "followers" to continue to pay attention to their messages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our marketing department, especially our social media team, is using it. The problem it solves is that, in the current era of constant information overload, we, as a company, do not want to feel overwhelmed by the image of social networks, but we do not want to hire someone to publish and/or monitor continuously. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ability to add and manage multiple social media pages through a single dashboard is a fascinating feature of Hootsuite. It is also possible to schedule multiple posts on various social media pages on various dates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is not possible to publish multiple images on an Instagram post. Furthermore, this app does not give much information about its optimal uses for first-time users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Hootsuite has become a digital social media manager, capable of managing various social media profiles such as Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn. This app is a real time saver as all the posts can be scheduled and publish without logging into each social media accounts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

This is the best way to connect many services. You can get free reports by email. Help you manage customer service on Twitter. You can have a team managing your social networking empire. It's easy to monitor multiple broadcasts in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In some cases, there are no thumbnail and summary previews on Facebook. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

One thing that really attracted me to Hootsuite is the huge network and applications it supports. Although I recommend not to publish to several networks at once on a regular basis, it works well and saves time for small businesses. Hootsuite allows you to schedule publications on multiple social networking accounts, such as Twitter, Facebook profiles and pages, LinkedIn profiles and pages, Instagram and Wordpress blogs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use it in marketing and creative services offices and entertainment and health centers across the company to schedule social networking messages a few days after school or after work. Even with a smartphone, you can know for sure that a message has been scheduled without having to remember to post it on social networks over the weekend. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Hootsuite offers many other features for our business to thrive. Hootsuite can quickly and easily organize and plan social locations. They have a team ready to help when needed. I personally do not need to use support, but I know that if I need it on Hootsuite's reliable platform, it will be available. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'm very visionary, so sometimes it can be frustrating to use the platform when news doesn't appear the way I want it to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Hootsuite allows our department to plan and organize social positions months in advance. This provides transparency for the entire department and allows other members to plan accordingly and see the social and consumer aspects of the business. This also allows new ideas to enter the booth, making it very convenient when organizing promotions and events. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Hootsuite as my marketing manager to help manage my daily social activities and my blog. Hootsuite allows me to manage many platforms from one convenient location. We have several registered users who can use the software, as well as supervisors who occasionally show up and review the software. Hootsuite makes the work of publishing and planning very efficient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

Hootsuite is easy to use and integrates seamlessly with all of the major social media sites. If you're a small business just trying to get a handle on your social media sites, hootsuite has a free version which allows for posting, and monitoring that is easy to use and set up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Reports are extra (if you're using the free version) and can be somewhat annoying to pull and share. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For a free tier, you won't find a better platform for scheduling and post to all of your social networks in one place.

Hootsuite also has a great training and academy resource to help you better understand social media strategy in general.

This may not be the best tool for more complex or enterprise-level needs, as it is fairly simple and straight forward. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

All-in-one social media management and scheduling. Hootsuite allows you to monitor your social feeds and post and schedule to every social network from one convenient place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

HootSuite is really easy to use and is definitely user-friendly. It streamlines the whole social media process. It allows you to use multiple accounts on different social media networks all at the same time. It also has a built-in link shortener too. I really love the publisher and content calendar features. It makes it easy to visualize when everything is scheduled to go out and where the gaps in content may be. it is also very useful for monitoring your account, sharing posts you are mentioned in and for tracking relevant topics, hashtags and themes with the streams feature. Overall, I love using HootSuite and would highly recommend to anyone who is involved with their company's or clients' social media accounts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are some issues with posting from Hootsuite to Instagram. It just doesn't work like it should. It is also unfortunate that depending on the level of your account, there may be limits on how many posts can be scheduled at any given point in time. This can be kind of frustrating. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Hootsuite is a life-saver when it comes to posting to social media. It is convenient, easy-to-use and saves time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

HootSuite streamlines the process of posting to social media platforms. Everything is all in one place. It is super convenient. It is easy to use. It really makes things easier and saves time when it comes to planning for and posting to social media accounts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.