Homestead Reviews & Product Details

What is Homestead?

Get your site designed by a professional who consults with you, in order to give you the site you want.

Homestead Profile Details

1-13 of 13 total Homestead reviews

Homestead Reviews

1-13 of 13 total Homestead reviews

"Very Useful For SEO"

What do you like best?

My favourite feature is the reporting tool which allows users to see how well their site is performing over time. This helps with optimization as the product I was using before did not tell me how and why my site wasn't performing so I could not improve it. Homestead is more clear and a better teacher.

What do you dislike?

My only issue is the installed version of homestead can be difficult to use and could be laid out better. Overall it was relatively easy for the tech savvy users but some of our staff who are less savvy found it quite complicated to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be patient with the product as it does bring results.

My website is being found much more frequently by the right people which is the most important thing - our traffic is now relevant. Our site is now being found on page 1 of the SERP.

Business Owner
Cosmetics

"Great"

What do you like best?

The ease of building my website and the ease of switching over my domain, they made it super simple for me to do.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far I haven’t had any bad experiences with the company or products at this point and I hope not to in the future

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great service, they will help you keep your domain from another company! Best switch I’ve made in a long time

Website and advertsment

EI

"Homestead website builder is still easy to use if not a bit outdated"

What do you like best?

Homestead makes it really easy to create a website. Homestead's control panel is quite well organized and you can quite easily add new pages, re-order your sitemap and edit your content. Homestead has a decent feature set offering both business and standard features. Another nice feature is their native blogging platform and set of ready-to-use widgets, such as forms, polls, albums, guestbooks, maps, and so on. There is a huge selection of website designs and templates. All colors and layouts are fully customizable. I also like that you can insert your own HTML code into specific areas such as the header or footer, for instance. Support for Homestead is good and there's a large Homestead community where you can view existing discussion threads and post your queries. Live support is also available.

I also like the fact that it is very easy to cancel your paid account at any time with only a few clicks of the mouse.

Another advantage is that Homestead has a very good reputation and is one of most trusted names in the website builder industry. Homestead websites are robustly built and operate seamlessly.

What do you dislike?

While it is quite easy to spin up a new website, one of the minor roadblocks is the sign-up process which does require your billing information. While, this is somewhat of an obstacle, it does ultimately prevent the system (and the web) clean from malicious spam and abandoned websites.

Homestead's website designs or templates are outdated and a bit long in the tooth. It's difficult to find something decent and innovative.

I don't really like the fact that there isn't really a free option with never-expiring accounts like most competing providers out there.

I also really don't like the fact that it is impossible to test with the Homestead interface without giving out your credit card information. This should not be the case any longer today.

Some more dislikes such as a lack of mobile-friendly solutions and responsive templates. Also, no support for user management capabilities and, again, boring templates requiring a significant overhaul.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Shop around and evaluate other competing products first and see how the website design templates compare as well as flexibility of pricing packages and support.

Business problems trying to solve with Homestead is having a virtual business "store front" to be able to cast a wider net and to reach more customers. It's part of inbound marketing strategy to attract more traffic in the way of acquiring more customers and attracting more business.

Benefits realized include a slight increase in visibility and a few more clients.

"Been a customer for nearly a decade"

What do you like best?

If you like building from scratch, you can with the older sitebuilder. New sites use website builder which is easier and mobile responsive.

What do you dislike?

The cost increases too often. For people with older sites/accounts, its not a simple task to just change to the new website builder. If you have a site with over 200 pages like me, you would have to start from scratch to utilize the new website sitebuilder.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Joining now is the right time. Website builder is a good competitor to the available web building sites on the market.

Update my website and design it the way I want to.

"Developer tool"

What do you like best?

Homestead provides modern Templates and excellent support via phone. They are using Websitebuilder as their builder. It's a very helpful tool to develop a website.

What do you dislike?

The templates here are not mobile responsive, you have to use another builder to make your website responsive and you have to pay a fee for that. The cost is very high.

When I want to make a website very fast, this tool is very helpful, with their templates and other features, I can develop a website in a short time than with others builders.

Associate Software Developer

"Great for beginners to build website."

What do you like best?

I have used this to create my first website and it was easy to use and can make multiple websites. it is so intuitive that you can easily figure our how to make or use the tool to create site and get the work done.

What do you dislike?

there are many issue with it like the it stops working sometime and the email service doesn't work.

i have used this to create sites for general purpose and to learn.

Russian language teacher
Education Management

"Homestead software used in our business"

What do you like best?

The best I like that this software is easy to use. And for recording, tracking and reporting mall sales by dealer using point of sale or batch is excellent

What do you dislike?

I don not have anything which I currently disline.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend to use it for business

It is great for recording and tracking and reporting sales . And this i consider that it is excellent and beneficial if we use it

"Fast, easy, and great looking site "

What do you like best?

The easy to use and edit templates make getting my information to customers faster. And the email and customer service is great

What do you dislike?

With all things fast and easy you have to sacrifice some functionality or aesthetics. But you get what you pay for.

Getting our information to potential customers, taking in customer information and also linking to our payment collections for customers to pay in a timely manner faster than the traditional written check.

UP

"Ascetics For Intermediate and Experts"

What do you like best?

Homestead is a great software that enables people in our industry to flourish in our creativity. There are so many options to choose from to get the details you are looking for. This program surpasses many other design softwares and allows you to design homes efficiently. I’ve used this and I recommend it to people who desire to go to the Next level. Best for intermediate and experts.

What do you dislike?

Considering that I’m not an expert in designing with this software, it’s quite a bit of a learning curve.

I used it for personal use, to map out the vision of my future performing arts center.

Realtor
Real Estate

"Easy Website Building "

What do you like best?

I love Homestead because it is super easy & has lots of templates you can choose from.

What do you dislike?

I think There could be perhaps more options to customize templates to your liking, ie: arrangement & color selection.

This program is great for people who have multiple businesses and don’t want to go the web developer route. It is cost effective and efficient for my second business.

(Myself Only)

"Homestead has great hosting, but everything else is lacking."

What do you like best?

I like the cheap options for hosting. They have a great plan to use that helps you get started with a site for cheap.

What do you dislike?

They really lacked in templates and the amount that you can customize your site. It makes it hard to have a site that is truly different and can stand out.

Created a website to get my name out there.

UE

"Not for me"

What do you like best?

The free trial was great, it helped me realize this is too much for what I need

What do you dislike?

My needs are much less than is offered with homestead. It has a lot of features, which would be great for a larger company or organization, but I was a little overwhelmed.

Website building is helpful, but homestead was not what I was looking for

"Review"

What do you like best?

It’s easy to maneuver through the program

What do you dislike?

The customer service is hard to understand

It has made scheduling easier. The ease of the schedule has been a benefit

Homestead Features

8.3
Ease of Setup
Average: 8.6*
* Website Builder Category
Do you work for Homestead?

Homestead Categories on G2