Hive

Hive

Hive is a powerful, easy-to-use project management platform that powers companies like Starbucks, The Economist, WeWork, and more.

Work for Hive?

Learning about Hive?

Hive Reviews

Ask Hive a Question
Hive review by Bianca L. P.
Bianca L. P.

"Simple and easy to use"

What do you like best?

There is a rich feature set but the UI still makes it simple, and intuitive to use. I like that there's a mac app. Dragging and dropping everything has been very useful. I love, love the feature where I can forward emails to my workspace. I haven't used the form yet but I can see how I can use it in the future.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was more contrast to the cards and the application background color (Maybe adding themes like Slack has). The android app is a little annoying to use (I don't think its a native app). Wish the bar that has the workspace name had the "Change Layout Views" on it without me having to click on the button. Also wish the Workspaces were on the left bar rather than the top bar and that I could star them (in a starred section like in Slack). I also wish I could star cards and have them show up on the starred section). I wish I can assign a color to each "project". In general I think the app needs more color. I also would like there to be projects that are under a "Team" or "Department". For example, under "Technology" I have 2 projects going on, sometimes 3, and I'd like to be able to have several projects under one "Team"

Recommendations to others considering the product

Seriously the first project management tool I really love. I like logging in because it can pull all the cards from several boards into one view.

Better organization and planning. We were using Trello but it was still messy, and didn't have as good of views and filters as Hive. We've been able to keep track of both tasks and projects.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Hive
Showing 106 Hive reviews
Hive review by Scott H.
Scott H.

"Just what we needed for our small law firm."

What do you like best?

Hive allows us to sign and manage tasks almost effortlessly and monitor progress through various task layouts.

What do you dislike?

It has been a little more difficult than we hoped to set up some of the recurring processes we'd like to track through Hive. I'm sure it can be done, but haven't had the time to figure it out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely a good solution for smaller businesses. We considered alternatives before settling on Hive. Just because other software has been around longer or has a more established name, doesn't mean it's a better fit. If you're looking for straightforward project management and team collaboration, HIve has that. The price is great for the benefits it offers us. Our team primarily works remotely from each other, and we have been able to stay on task better through Hive. We haven't had any technical issues that couldn't be resolved quickly. Most importantly, it's really easy to learn and use, so we didn't miss a beat when we were getting started with the software. They got it turned on for us quickly and we were using it efficiently within days. They had good customer service and training available, but we've hardly needed it because it is all so intuitive.

As a small law firm, we have to manage multiple client matters along with all of the normal aspects of running a business with limited staff. Hive really helps us silo the different areas as necessary to make sure everything gets done in a timely manner.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Hive
Hive review by Joachim H.
Joachim H.

"Who does what, when?"

What do you like best?

I like the effortless and instant feature of assigning team members new tasks. No waste of seconds when creating new action cards. Everything is clear and makes it easy to be on top of things. It shows you exactly what is going on by whom and when.

What do you dislike?

The on boarding process has been difficult for some team members. Specially if you invite them via e-mail. I think this could be easily fixed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a project management tool that lets you focus on work I'd recommend Hive. You will find it is easy to keep track on everything task based in your organisation. Who does what and when is the core principle. Also if you are looking to customise certain labels it is possible.

Saves time. Keeps me focused. Hive allows me to focus on what is relevant. Motivates me to keep order. It makes it easy to scale my team and manage several projects. It's basically easier to juggle, keep the kegels in the air

What Team Collaboration solution do you use?

Hive review by Jordan C.
Jordan C.

"Excellent For Project Management"

What do you like best?

I truly enjoy the interface. It is super simple to use, and easy to find what you need. The colors really help as well, and make the interface super beautiful to look at.

What do you dislike?

Inconsistency with update notifications. Some days I'd go in, see something I didn't recognize and was confused.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out - it's phenomenal. Great use for project management. Super easy to use, it's colorful, and very easy to stay organized. Try it out - it's phenomenal. Great use for project management. Super easy to use, it's colorful, and very easy to stay organized.Try it out - it's phenomenal. Great use for project management. Super easy to use, it's colorful, and very easy to stay organized.Try it out - it's phenomenal. Great use for project management. Super easy to use, it's colorful, and very easy to stay organized.Try it out - it's phenomenal. Great use for project management. Super easy to use, it's colorful, and very easy to stay organized.Try it out - it's phenomenal. Great use for project management. Super easy to use, it's colorful, and very easy to stay organized.Try it out - it's phenomenal. Great use for project management. Super easy to use, it's colorful, and very easy to stay organized.Try it out - it's phenomenal. Great use for project management. Super easy to use, it's colorful, and very easy to stay organized.Try it out - it's phenomenal. Great use for project management. Super easy to use, it's colorful, and very easy to stay organized.

Simplicity in managing multiple accounts, and different tasks within each account.

Hive review by Brian J.
Brian J.

"Great tool for project collab!"

What do you like best?

The card system with different views is great for outlining all of your tasks and projects with great collaboration and communication built in. If you have a lot of projects with multiple team members or you like other card based systems like trello then you will love Hive. I have a really enjoyed working with Hive on projects where we have team members out of country.

What do you dislike?

Being able to go back and look at assignments/tasks you created for another person can take some getting used to for getting the right view. This could be easier if something like this was built in. Also, I think it would be awesome if there was some type of way to include users not part of your company so that you could have customers view project milestones. One other thing that I have had issues with is that on Windows 10 I have had the desktop application freeze up. I would close it and when I reopened it the program would still be stuck in the same way and I would have to use the task manager to close all the Hive processes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Connect with Slack for easy communication.

Collaboration with people that are outside the office and tracking tasks. Quick and easy to use, the desktop app is also nice so you don't have to always be pulling up another window on your browser.

Hive review by Michael B.
Michael B.

"Solid Project Management"

What do you like best?

It is a full feature platform. Tasks can have sub tasks. Chat. Time tracking. File storage. Tasks created by email (for clients to send in trouble tickets). API. It is everything I've been looking for. It is especially nice that each user can choose the view that suits them best. You can choose from boards, task lists, calendars and, I believe, even Gantt. No matter how you prefer to organize, Hive can take care of you.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I dislike about the platform. The developers are very active. Every time I think I find a missing feature, its either added shortly thereafter or on the road map to be added in the near future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be afraid to ask questions of the team. They are very responsive and usually point you in the right direction with little videos or links directly to the how-to article. Sometimes they take a day to respond, which may seem a bit discouraging, but rest assured, they'll get back to you.

Managing all of my projects and to-do lists. I even use it to track business development efforts.

Hive review by Bob S.
Bob S.

"Adaptable Workgroup Collaboration"

What do you like best?

Hive is a fresh, lean, and productive look at how to manage project collaboration at a level users will adopt and stakeholders will get value from. As a consultant, I've been able to configure Hive to make sense to teams in multiple industries and appeal to a wide range of, cultural, team, and IT skills.

What do you dislike?

So far, so good. Hive has maintained steady progress improving the UI, feature, and system responsiveness.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are a lot of systems with similar features and capabilities. But Hive has been, without question, the stronger solution partner in terms of the right tool with excellent customer support and willingness to take suggestions to improve the product.

As a contract program manager, I work with small to medium business groups who typically don't have a mature project management culture or strong collaboration habits. Hive is flexible enough to adapt to nearly any industry or collaboration project. I can have a client up and running in short order with a basic setup, then add or modify our setup as the client gets more used to it and has suggestions.

Hive review by Michael R.
Michael R.

"“Productivity platform” is the best term to describe Hive"

What do you like best?

It’s more than a combination of Slack and Trello. Hive brings team collaboration to the next level. You can create multiple boards and share cards with your colleagues in the messenger. You can customize the look and feel of your cards as you want, create different forms to save data that is relevant to you. In our company we even use it as a CRM system and it works just fine.

What do you dislike?

I didn’t like the mobile application until they have updated it. It’s much more robust now but it still lacks of some features from the web version that I’d love to see in the app.

We’re using it as a CRM system for working with leads and managing the sales department. Also, we’re using it as a team collaboration tool on projects that we’re working with.

Hive review by Pamela M.
Pamela M.

"Great software for project management"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that all of our tasks are clear and accesible for every person on the team, it's very easy to use and it has great design. It has several views so everyone can look at the information in a way that they can understand all of the information depending on their personality, etc. Hive's really been a great tool for the company at work at right now and we will certainly keep on using it. The instant messaging feature is good, we can share tasks over there so our co-workers can easily have access to them and they don't get lost.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes my tasks disappear and I have to manually input them again, not sure why that happens. Other than that we really haven't had any other problem on the actual software. The mobile app isn't as great, I've tried using it on my iPhone and sometimes I cannot look at all of the information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I completely recommend it, it will help your team improve

The time it takes for a project to be finished, we can also easily visualize if our co-workers are finishing their tasks on time, what needs to improve, etc. Our project dates have really improved from where they were before, so that helps us out so much, specially my department since I'm a project manager

Hive review by Gaines M.
Gaines M.

"Excellent Task Management Tool"

What do you like best?

I love the User Interface design, but more importantly, I love how I have 1 place to keep track of all the task and projects I'm working on and need to work on.

The Zapier integration is a favorite for me as well - As I occasionally do demos with prospective customers, I'm able to know when they book a demo and then auto-create a "Pre-Call Research" task in Hive to remind me the steps I need to take prior to the call.

Being able to tie in Hive chat as well as Slack makes it simple for me to manage communication and task in 1 place.

Creating sub-task within 1 project is HUGE so I can map out what I need to do to finish a project, and then take it step by step.

Immediate access to their Customer Success team via Hive chat is awesome too.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app could use a iOS 11 update.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Perfect if you need to collaborate within your team on multiple types of projects and task.

Our CEO needs to be able to assign me task, monitor the progress of these task, assign due dates, and sometimes link to a Doc for me to reference. We didn't have a good method for this and task would fall thru the cracks, but then we started using Hive.

With Hive, I'm able to effectively monitor what stage each task/project is in. Also, my CEO can keep up the progress as well, create new projects, and re-prioritize for me immediately if needed.

I was sick with the flu for a week, without Hive, I have no doubt I would have missed a few deadlines or simply forgotten to finish something.

Hive review by Julia J.
Julia J.

"Customer Journey Ambassador"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and simplicity of Hive has enabled everyone across our organization to be able to jump and start getting real work done immediately. There is enough customization offered under the hood, but the platform is simple enough that you never feel lost or overwhelmed. We're only a few months in and already feeling so much stronger as a business by having place where we can consolidate everything from projects, deliverables, ad-hoc tasks, files, discussions and company-wide communications in a structured and efficient way.

What do you dislike?

The My actions view is lacking a little bit in the ability to customize your view - however I've voiced this with Hive and they've been amazing and responsive as always, and are already working on developing this view out further :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hive is a great system that is easy to get an entire business up and running on given it's simplicity but power at the core. It's not difficult to reach time to value without any workshops or explanation of the tool which is especially powerful so we can depend on the system to onboard new users. This takes a huge load off. We have rolled out starting with a few teams and then expanded to everyone in the organization and that is proving to have been a great way of ensuring each team gets the support they need to move their process from old platforms and restructure how they're working with minimal disruption.

We have been able to break down silos across our company, and consolidate work in to one place. This is also enabling us to truly work cross-functionally which is critical to enable us to grow and scale our business.

We are seeing people be far more interactive and communicative, especially in ways that feels like we are bridging ourselves across offices, oceans and timezones and building a stronger sense of culture and togetherness by using Hive.

Hive review by Bianca L. P.
Bianca L. P.

"Simple and easy to use"

Hive review by Erin M.
Erin M.

"It's Fine"

What do you like best?

I like the layout. It's pretty easy to use, although I felt like I had to do some work to figure everything out. I also like the robust admin controls. I see a lot of potential for the way they manage tasks (actions) so I'm interested to see what they'll do.

I like that they are always working to update the project, and the changes they make are relevant and substantial. They are still working on the actual product and that shows me they are engaged and dedicated to its success.

It's a simple app which is good, but not as intuitive as I wanted. I'm not quite convinced we'll keep using it.

What do you dislike?

The current method for managing tasks isn't user (read: business owner) friendly. I want a task template that recurs every month so the standard, every month projects are taken care of without my involvement. I like the sub-action feature, but those need to be able to recur, and they need to be able to generate new dates for the new use period.

I dislike that labels apply globally and can't be filtered out for different projects. That makes no sense to me. And the workaround to create a summary view is way too hard. In fact, overall, there may be too many methods of viewing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hive is a cross between Todoist and Trello. It's pretty easy to use and should have what you need for a basic project management app.

managing and assigning tasks for staff, increasing workflow efficiency.

So far the only unique benefit has been the ability to remove a team member who is no longer on the team.

Hive review by Yvette F.
Yvette F.

"Excellent team collaboration tool"

What do you like best?

Our firm has been with Hive since it's introduction to the market. We love that we've been able to provide feedback and suggestions and see those implemented. So many previous collaboration tools we've had to adjust our way of working to fit into their template. Hive made it possible for us to create a tool together that is the perfect fit! It's simple, intuitive and with each new feature rollout getting better and better by the day.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. We are absolutely happy with the progress of the app and look forward to all future features to enhance our already great experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate. This team is fantastic. They are fluid and willing to work with you to build the right tool for your team. This is a rare thing in collaboration tools available on the market today.

As a design firm, we need to do a lot of file sharing and collaborating on projects that have many tasks to complete for each stage of the design process. Before we met Hive, we did all of this via email, text, and Slack. With Hive we are able to have all of that communication in one place. Actions inside of projects contain the full history of conversation around a specific topic. This saves so much time, and time is money!

Hive review by Pablo P.
Pablo P.

" intuitive control of my tasks"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of moving tasks, in my case, from the beginning of it to the delivery to the client. The way to add notes and dates has reduced our delivery times. to be able to assign tasks to the members of my team we have a complete picture of how the work is distributed in the company.

Power in some way to customize the application for the company has led us to have that character of ownership.La ayuda en linea cuando hemos requerido, ha sido de lo mejor, rapida y con soluciones.

In short, as they say a picture says more than a thousand words, the proof is that Hive has helped us taking the complete picture of our business.

What do you dislike?

Actually very little, if perhaps not being able to unsubscribe some partners that are no longer part of the team, from there on out, everything has worked perfectly.

They could improve the integrations a bit with other applications in order to integrate it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I really recommend Hive, I started using it since its inception and I have seen the progress in its tools, it really is a powerful application.

Definitely keep track of our tasks, from the request to the delivery of our work. Assigning tasks to team members helps us focus with people.

Delivery times have improved considerably, we also have no lost or forgotten files, we have full control over the pending work.

Hive review by John B.
John B.

"Review of HIVE Project Management System"

What do you like best?

What I like best about HIVE is the UI. It's very easy to navigate and our clients with alot or a little amount of technical savvy find it smooth and rave about the system. What I also like is there is a mobile and chat feature for HIVE. We find that our clients really like communicating with us in HIVE.

What do you dislike?

I would like there to be a revenue to time tracking software integrated to manage contractors. I would also like for there to be templates of reports that we can drop in, perhaps more templates for projects that can have revenue and time goals associated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say that if you're looking for a project management and time tracking system that competes with other systems at an affordable and user friendly way, I highly recommend HIVE as the system for you.

We're solving project management organization and client organization. I've seen our clients feel more secure and organized and our communication and visibility increase. We are also solving the management and visibility of projects as how move through our production cycle.

Hive review by Wagner A.
Wagner A.

"A good tool for multiple projects"

What do you like best?

one of the best features of the tool is the ability to view projects in different ways. Be it as a schedule, status or Gantt view.

This allows us to configure the best way to follow each project, either by the team's need or simply to facilitate the follow-up on a daily basis.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately the mobile app version of the platform still has many problems. It is necessary to change the visualization of the tasks and to improve the speed of access and update, the simple act of changing the menu options generates a lot of loading time. I believe that the mobile version needs a complete overhaul, I've already tried to use it on the iOS and Android platforms, but the problems are similar and many members of my team simply stopped using the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend for teams with a mixed regime of employees (presence and remote) and for those who work with multiple projects requiring daily updating.

My company works with local and remote teams. With Hive we manage and use human resources more assertively. Some of the tools of the platform, such as the management of estimated time to complete the tasks, helps us to work in this mixed regime.

Hive review by User in Design
User in Design

"Easy to learn, user friendly"

What do you like best?

It helps keep projects very organized. When working with a team of multiple people it helps make things very easy. It's awesome that it lets you create new actions specific to your teams needs & how easy it is to assign projects to people. Overall, it makes the process very fluid.

What do you dislike?

So far I haven't found something to not like about Hive. At least for what my team at work uses it for, it has worked very nicely & made project management extremely nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend at least doing a trial period to see if it works for you, I think it's worth it.

Hive has helped our team stay very organized. It has become a much more graceful process than the method that we used to do things before. It's super easy to move things, assign & re-assign things, get notified when a new project comes in, be on the same page as other team members, & view the status of projects.

Hive review by Administrator in Wholesale
Administrator in Wholesale

"Great project and task management app!"

What do you like best?

The app is very user-friendly. Information is laid out in an easy-to-find/use way and is customizable in so many different ways. The thing I like most is that Hive is constantly updating and upgrading the software to make it better. They take user requests seriously and are always improving the functionality.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I don't like. Hive works great for our team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start a trial and see how you like it. Take the time to see how all of the features work - test projects out with

a couple of team members to see how it works as a collaboration tool. Definitely get in touch with customer service with questions they are very friendly and responsive.

Our team is spread over two states in the US and we have an office in China so Hive has become an invaluable tool for team collaboration. It has enabled us to become much more organized with projects and to have discussions take place in a space where everyone can see and comment - it's like Slack + Asana, two tools in one!

Hive review by Amanda H.
Amanda H.

"Making productivity easy!"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to communicate with team members on different tasks to ensure that the task is completed quickly and efficiently, with no duplicate work necessary. I also like being able to see everything in the calendar view to know what my week looks like and the status view to get a bigger idea of ongoing and completed projects.

What do you dislike?

I wish the date was easier to set, and that it let you see things in more of a week setting, like assign to this week, instead of just the deadline day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to watch a tutorial video and explore all the facets of Hive. Also be sure to create action templates as those will save you a lot of time in the future. Make sure you explore every view too, so you can see everything that needs to be done or that has been completed so you are maximizing your time and not missing anything.

Hive saves a lot of time where normally you would spend your time asking for clarification or status reports on something, everything is clear and laid out for you. I also like the messenger to eliminate sending/ receiving even more emails, it ensures instantaneously clarification even when working with people remotely.

"Seamless Transition"

What do you like best?

Introducing Hive to our digital marketing firm has completely changed how we communicate internally and how our clients interact with us. Our team enjoys the project organization the best. We are able to quickly and clearly find the information needed to complete a task. The messenger bar is also extremely useful in keeping all our communication on the same application.

What do you dislike?

The hardest part of our transition is working with external users. It's cumbersome to set up a parent/child project workflow to protect internal information while viewing all elements a customer would need in one spot. We are also having issues with our mobile applications and how sometimes it takes a few tries to get the application to render the view correctly.

We are solving the issue of having multiple applications and customer assets in multiple places. This protects our information and keeps our workflow steady.

Hive review by User

"Very efficient task management tool with great support"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the user interface and the ease of use. It is the task management tool we've been looking for.

What do you dislike?

There were initially some minor things, but I had reported them to Hive and they have already been improved/fixed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a collaborative task management tool, definitely try Hive. If you find any issues or missing features, contact their support, they are very helpful.

We use Hive for task management. For technical tickets we are using the industry standard issue tracking tool, but it was too heavy-weight for non-technical tasks. We were looking for a tool that could be used as simply as a todo list, but also offers collaboration, different project layouts, sub-tasks, etc. We investigated several solutions and Hive was by far the best in terms of functionality and usability.

We have not used the messaging feature yet.

Hive review by Sky C.
Sky C.

"Organising teams and workflows"

What do you like best?

We can see all the major tasks that need to be carried out, see the sub-tasks and check off each part.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's difficult to follow the task notifications because I'll get an email of a sub-task being assigned (or chased), but in the summary email, there is no context of the main task. So it might say "fill in doc" as the subtask, but it would be great to have all notification emails show the flow of that task, i.e. task and subtask description.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hive is great to organise work flows!

Trying to allocate work between team members and communication between different team groups has been difficult. Tasks have been lost or forgotten about in the past. Hive has given us a platform to allocate these tasks, to communicate what needs to be done/what has been done in a clear way.

Hive review by David S.
David S.

"Great tool for tracking and communication"

What do you like best?

It's really easy to see the status of all of the projects across my team without having to nudge them over chat. It's also great to have the ability to quickly chat with them on the platform and share something in case I do need a quick response. I've found it to be useful for both tracking personal tasks as well as working on team projects in a visual style and timeline (Gantt) style. Also, it has the ability to add multiple assignees and detailed subtasks - something that I haven't been able to find in a lot of the integrated tools.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of features, so I would recommend reading through their tutorials and possibly asking for a demo to help get a good grasp of it all, otherwise it can be a little overwhelming at first.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out - Does a great job of making the end product much easier on the user.

My team uses Hive for team to-dos and project tracking. It has solved my immediate issue of emailing back and forth and trying to track down things that we ask each other to do without having to dig deep into email to find the conversation again. The chat has also been really helpful for getting to the bottom of urgent issues with my team.

Hive review by Jaime M.
Jaime M.

"An indispensable tool."

What do you like best?

I work on Hive daily and it has helped me stay organized and productive. The team at Hive responds quickly and are extremely helpful. They take our feedback and rapidly address our needs. The interface of the desktop client and browser app is intuitive and their mobile apps make working on the go easy and convenient.

What do you dislike?

Hive and Hive messenger are two separate mobile applications. I would have loved for these to have been combined but this is my personal preference. There is a benefit to having separate app notifications to distinguish between Hive alerts and Hive Messenger alerts.

We use Hive to manage our marketing projects. Being able to view all our projects at a glance makes it easy to prioritize and complete tasks efficiently.

Hive review by Jeremiah H.
Jeremiah H.

"Most Excellent Service"

What do you like best?

I like the organization, and how everything is very easy to navigate. Very clean look. I appreciate the customizable layouts for projects. Good chat system with emojis and gifs. I'm very happy my business has it.

What do you dislike?

I know there have been some issues with the card system. Sometimes subactions get moved around when multiple people are working on the same subaction. This may have been solved by now though.

Integrating projects, communication, assignments, and others into one system is very helpful. I use it for chatting and coordinatin with people all the time.

Hive review by Nicole R.
Nicole R.

"My Hive Experience"

What do you like best?

I like the task function the most. It allows me to keep track of all the things I need to do (write proposals, quotes, follow ups, etc) and keeps me on top of my workload. There are also tons of ways to keep track like setting due dates and assigning to other people on the same project. I also really like the chats because I'm able to communicate with my coworkers about specific projects in an organized space or about any other topic in another space. It's just a simple and easy way to communicate.

What do you dislike?

The only issues I have are with the mobile application. It can be a bit slow and glitchy and it reloads on its own often. Other than that, I have no issues!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a project management tool that also involves communication and makes it easy to track tasks, this is the tool for you. Very user friendly and has great customer support!

I am the only one writing the project plans (proposals) for every project at our company so my job is heavily weighed on. It helps me keep track of every proposal I have sent out to clients, what is unapproved and needs to be followed up on, and what has been approved. I can also attach every proposal, quote, or any file that pertains to that task inside the project and it all lives there so I can reference it at any time. It has greatly helped me manage my workload and keep me organized.

Hive review by User

"Useful PM system, intuitive to use"

What do you like best?

Hive is set up so that navigation is intuitive. You can search for projects, keep track of them via email or platform notifications, and set deadlines. It's useful for any level of an organization to not only keep track of their daily to-do's, but to assign responsibility as well.

What do you dislike?

It would be great to have a way to see an entire project's scope (project, actions, subactions) in an outline format, which would be useful for people who's minds work that way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go through a training to understand the larger projects, how to view projects, and basic out-of-the-box capabilities in order to grasp and utilize Hive to its fullest capabilities.

We're keeping track of OKR's. We're also utilizing the ticket function.

"Hive Review"

What do you like best?

Improves overall organisation of info, helps prioritize, easy to use, slick interface, automated reporting, dynamic views, use of labels, customization of forms, continually improving.

What do you dislike?

Difficult to dislike anything at the moment. Any feedback for our own improvements with regards to using Hive have been taken on-board and acted upon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not just great for teams with managing their tasks and 'to-dos' but even a great tool for an individual to manage, organisie and prioritise their 'to-do' list. The visual way it's shown through the 'action cards' is more effective than just seeing a ''to-do' written down on paper. The simplicity of using it also makes it a breeze to do, rather than it being an additional hindrance which some tools can feel like (e.g. SharePoint from my experience).

Hive has allowed us to have a clear and organized workflow structure for customer deals outside of Outlook & Excel. It's been so easy to pick up and to use, it doesn't feel like an onerous task to use it, compared to the way we were capturing this data / info before.

We now have a clear and visual view of who's working on what, what stage it's at and when it's due by - all of which can be exported into Excel to feed various reports, all done with a few simple clicks.

It has encouraged best practice, improved the management of information and has automated our reporting. Definitely value for money.

Hive review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Hive is well worth the investment!"

What do you like best?

The absolute best part of using Hive is the customer service, and the detail and level of commitment and engagement that Hive employees offer in customer service interactions. They can be contacted from within the desktop app itself, or via Hive's online platform, or by phone. Replies and requests are answered promptly and thoroughly, and with great care.

What do you dislike?

From time to time, in using Hive, there are some features that I wish would be added. However, this should be caveated with the statement that the Hive team regularly and consistently evaluates feedback about feature requests and frequently implements new features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend that you contact the Hive team. The quality, consistency, and breadth of their customer service will speak for itself.

I am solving the problem of client management. In my organization (social enterprise non-profit) we serve clients through a cycle of anywhere from 1 month to over a year. Managing clients' place on the larger trajectory is a breeze in Hive.

Hive review by Matt F.
Matt F.

"Great Creative Managment Tool"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to view my year long calendar in one simple and easy place. It's also great to look at people I manage and what they have going on.

What do you dislike?

Wish there was some way to change the amount of hours/day people are expected to bill on a project. Realistically, they don't bill time on weekends and jobs tend to be back loaded. If there was some sliding scale that could make more accurate daily hour predictions, that would be great.

Scheduling and utilization management

Hive review by Ryan N.
Ryan N.

"Hive is a Reasonably Priced and Full Featured Task Management Suite"

What do you like best?

The clean UI, the cross platform usability of the app, the desktop app, the configurability of the views. The chat feature is awesome too.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any complaints at this point. It is everything my team needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allow a good 3-4 weeks to transition your team, depending on the size of your organization.

We provide marketing fulfillment for dozens of clients and have a real need to stay organized and in touch. Hive facilitates all of that for us in a clean and intuitive way.

Hive review by Nathan W.
Nathan W.

"Game Changingly good"

What do you like best?

Easy to manipulate making it extremely versatile. Additionally allows for ever increasing levels of detail to ensure no information or tasks are lost.

What do you dislike?

Being designed by a small team there are definitely some bugs with the system but nothing that can't be worked around!

Recommendations to others considering the product

They offer a free trial as well as most of their competitors, try them yourself and I'll bet you'll come to the same conclusion I did.

Our office process dozens of complex files over the course of a month, each with its own quirks. This allows the entire team to stay appraised of each files status as well as ensure that nothing falls through the cracks!

Hive review by Bethany H.
Bethany H.

"Our Team Loves Hive!!"

What do you like best?

We love being able to have our individual boards to assign individual tasks, as well as group boards that can be accessed and worked off by all team members. The messenger within the application is awesome! Creates an easy communication line for all team members without having to switch applications.

What do you dislike?

We would like to see an improvement in the notifications. Believe it or not, maybe a more obnoxious way to hear or see when you have a new message within Hive. When we get busy and step away, or get focused on another task, we all seem to miss new messages.

We have been able to solve a communication gap between all team members on projects. We are now able to view progress of multiple team on multiple projects within one application. Everyone stays in the loop and knows the next step.

Hive review by Consultant

"Best of Breed"

What do you like best?

I like the flexibility baked into Hive. I've been evaluating task management software for almost 10 months now, and using Hive for about 50% of that. It is clear that the creators took the best of all the other project management and task management solutions, and then came up with innovative new ways to make it even better than the competition.

What do you dislike?

I think the Hive chat should be fleshed out to include threads and forums. The #slack integration is unwieldy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Too many software startups fail to listen to their tribes. Hive really puts the customer first. I've already seen several suggestions I made implemented. In contrast, for example, I've watched Asana users request the "start date" feature for yearssss- and only recently was it added.

The eternal problem of competing priorities and incomplete communication. Streamlining project management; improving deliverability; reducing timelines to delivery.

Hive review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Hive is awesome for team communications and keeping track of projects"

What do you like best?

It's really nice having only one place to go to access all my files, threads, tasks related to a project. As a remote team, it has been really helpful it keeping us organized and clear about our responsibilities. The chat has been great of creating the camraderie on the team when we can't be together.

I love how easy it is to filter and change the layout of projects so that you can see it in different ways. It has made it a lot easier for me to get to the exact information I need when we have a lot of tasks in a project.

What do you dislike?

They could probably have more video tutorials, but besides that I am pretty happy with Hive.

We were on a remote team using trello, but it was still hard to communicate with each other and the boards got out of control pretty easily. Hive structure makes it much more easier to keep things organized. It has allowed us to view projects in different ways besides a board. It also integrates chat which has been super helpful. It has made it much easier for my team to communicate and and a lot more organized.

Hive review by Mark I.
Mark I.

"Hive Does Project Management & Chat Right!"

What do you like best?

Integrated chat and Google Drive. So many views and so much control to easily get to the exact tasks and projects and organize your day. For us, the ability to view by project right at the header is key. Great support team.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. This product works great for us. I'd like to see them make a list/search for alerts within task cards that receive @mention, but they are building so fast, I expect they will address it on their product roadmap.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Run a trial.

Integrated chat and task/project management. Makes it easy for the entire team to full communicate in one platform.

Hive review by Administrator in Translation and Localization
Administrator in Translation and Localization

"Great Project Management and More!"

What do you like best?

Number one thing we like about Hive is they are always expanding functionalities. The Hive customer service team is also very responsive - with any questions we have as well as our requests for functionalities. From when we started using Hive until now, we have seen the growth in what Hive offers - it is so much more. We are actually eliminating some of our other productivity tools because those tools are now part of Hive. We look forward to seeing what Hive will transform into this year!

What do you dislike?

The privacy button notification is confusing. You can see that it is set at private to certain people but the notification comes up as "you just made this public". This just needs to be updated. Their mobile app also needs more updating (its better than it was before - so it is less clunky and more user friendly) - we just want more out of the mobile side.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I appreciate that Hive is an all-in-one solution.

We needed a strong project management system for internal and external users. Hive offers this and it's also user friendly to set up. We also appreciate Hive provides the needed communication board, time stamping, gnatt calendars, task management, plus plus plus.

Hive review by Bianca W.
Bianca W.

"Game changing productivity tool for our distributed team"

What do you like best?

My favorite feature is definitely the multiple layout options. I use several depending on the project I'm in, and regularly switch back and forth between layouts within a project.

What do you dislike?

The iPhone app attempts to show me the same interface that is on my desktop, but it just doesn't work as well. It might be better if the mobile app is more geared towards on-the-go tasks and does those extremely well, like adding action cards or moving action cards across a kanban board.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It combines the best of other productivity platforms into one product that works with multiple preferences and work styles.

Increased productivity and collaboration between team members, and greater transparency company-wide.

Hive review by User in Venture Capital & Private Equity
User in Venture Capital & Private Equity

"Hive - Communication Made Easy"

What do you like best?

The flexibility and vast feature set. With Hive, I can break down projects in a ton of different views rather than just 1 or 2. I can juggle multiple client projects running at once, with projects ranging from loose/unstructured to deadline-tight and highly structured. As a freelancer, managing communication with my clients can really impact my bottom line. Hive gives my customers visual insights into each project, freeing me up to spend more time developing, and less time explaining.

The product is also constantly updated, more so than any other tool I've used before. It always impresses clients when I invite them in to see the status of their projects.

What do you dislike?

New features are released really often, so sometimes it's difficult to keep up. Their help center is expanding, so this is becoming less of an issue. Plus their customer support is top-notch, which also helps.

I track and manage all of my freelance projects in Hive. I invite my clients in to collaborate and monitor my projects in real time. Having instant communication with them has been really helpful, but also being able to have conversations around tasks in the right context rather than over email makes it much easier to communicate and execute on the projects.

Hive review by Allie M.
Allie M.

"Would definitely recommend Hive"

What do you like best?

I like that the chat feature and the project management is integrated in one. It is one less window to deal with and allows project to be organized much more easily. Our company has tried many project management tools and this is the only one we have all settled on.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app needs improved functionality. When we are on a job site it is often hard to access information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Support is great and they deal with problems quickly!

Tracking what needs to get done and who is doing something. It is nice that things aren't hidden and you can point to a specific time when something was asked or completed etc.

Hive review by User

"Great task management tool"

What do you like best?

Its like Trello, just better. It also have the ability to show a Gantt Chart, which it a rarity in management tools. It has a great integration with popular Cloud storage services like Google Drive and Dropbox. The instant messaging and groups are great, but the notification settings for it could be better.

What do you dislike?

There is some top level problems with labels, teams and permission. We are a 100+ company that needs to fit inside one workspace. Its gets a little crowed in the school yard and there are no restrictions/rules on how to behave in yard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool. You would not be disappointed.

All of the teams was using different solutions and softwares before Hive. With Hive we can now all use the same software, because its that flexible and feature enriched.

Hive review by Kristin L.
Kristin L.

"Hive is great for small, fast-paced nonprofit"

What do you like best?

Multiple layout options - very helpful to switch from label to calendar to gantt to task. Plus Hive team is super responsive and accessible.

What do you dislike?

With so many options, it took a bit of trial and error to find best way to manage portfolio

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great way to cut email and coordinate / communicate / manage content, workflow and calendar in one spot.

Collaboration on complex projects, reduced reliance on email

Hive review by Jennifer N.
Jennifer N.

"Hive is a Great Project Management Tool"

What do you like best?

Hive gives our team the freedom and flexibility to handle essential projects professionally.

We manage our team using it because it is a reliable collaboration software.

Hive is affordable

What do you dislike?

Hive is exceptional because I think there is nothing wrong about.

It is a complete collaboration tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hive is effective and it will meet the team collaboration needs of all the prospective customers.

It is good for managing small and big teams.

For team collaboration and effective project management, Hive is the most reliable tool that we depend on.

Hive is well organized and easy to manage.

Hive review by Nicole G.
Nicole G.

"Easy-to-use project management"

What do you like best?

This is dead easy. I should have read the manual but I just dove right in, and it was extremely intuitive. It's been a great system for everyone at my company to keep track of projects and know what we need to work on next.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of a darn thing I dislike.

We had previously tried to manage projects through Trello but it wasn't working for a variety of reasons. Hive has kept us all working, on track and moving in the same direction.

Hive review by Andreas Viken F.
Andreas Viken F.

"Great for project management and team collaboration"

What do you like best?

Hive's flexibility when it comes to structuring projects, customizing views, and following progress of projects and actions is great!

What do you dislike?

Right now, the notifications for chats and actions aren't separate, and at times it can get a bit noisy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hive is great for team collaboration, communication, and project management. It gives great overview, and helps with tracking progress and knowing who owns both projects and action items.

Gathering communications and improving process with a common tool for project management.

Hive review by User in Financial Services

"Super easy-to-use project management tool!"

What do you like best?

It is so simple to get started. Just type a task and hit enter. But there is also a ton of flexibility for those that want it. There are lots of ways you can view projects and summary views that allow you to see a bunch of projects in one place.

Love the modern Gantt charts for planning ahead on projects!

What do you dislike?

I wish they had time tracking and the mobile app could be a little faster.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Their support team is amazing. They really go above and beyond to meet a team's requirements!

It made collaboration so much easier. Honestly is saved my from email inbox madness. Now all our internal conversations are in Hive. It is some much easier to keep organized and keep track of what my team is working on. It has been especially useful as we started to work remotely

Hive review by Cherise B.
Cherise B.

"Good for task tracking and communication"

What do you like best?

I like how Hive puts task tracking and a chat into one app. I really like how it has a calendar view, task status view, and other ways you can view tasks. You can make comments on tasks, or chat with each other in the team in the generalized chat. You can set recurring due dates and link documents.

What do you dislike?

It would be cool if you could update documents right there within Hive

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend singing in with your Google account

Collaboration, communication, document sharing, task tracking

Hive review by Administrator

"Using Hive as a project management tool in early stage startup"

What do you like best?

The flexibility and ease to create and organize task is one of the big pluses to me. Also the availability of tech support is amazing.

What do you dislike?

The UI when opening and looking at a given task is the biggest issue for me. I like to use the project management tool as a documentation tool as well, and being able to read through a story with good focus would be better.

The business problem we are solving is the management of quick prototyping and development in a early R&D context. Main benefit was quick on-boarding of temporary hires such as summer interns.

Hive review by Haelee W.
Haelee W.

"Used in my office"

What do you like best?

I liked how user-friendly Hive is. It's super easy to figure out, even if you haven't used it before.

What do you dislike?

There's not a lot to dislike. If pushed I would say that the format is a little simple, and doesn't prompt you to enter in enough details.

It's really awesome for project management, and very effective when communicating with the team.

Hive review by Administrator

"Beyond Helpful Platform and Customer Service"

What do you like best?

The transparency of project flow and visibility to enhance participation and collaboration with the team as a whole. We used to use Google docs, Dropbox, Skype, email, shared drives, etc. for sharing documents, tracking work, setting deadlines. Things kept sliding through the cracks and deadlines were being missed because we didn't have everything housed in one location. This takes all the guesswork out of our project loads, visibility on who has bandwidth to help with team projects, and provides more structure to our trackers.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike. Every functionality we wanted that lived on different platforms, different interfaces, is all bundled up in Hive and can be accessed in one place.

Having a bicoastal team presents a few challenges and opportunities to improve effective transparency and project management. Uploading our tasks and project timelines to Hive has helped streamline our workflow and increase success in meeting deadlines. I couldn't be happier with this tool. When getting started, our Hive support from Erin was stellar. She was majorly attentive to our needs and has conducted group training sessions so we could fully immerse our team in to the platform. Any time we've had questions, she has been quick to help and show us how to maximize our utilization of HIve.

Learn more about Hive

Hive Videos

Learning about Hive?

* We monitor all Hive reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.