Hive Reviews & Product Details

Hive Overview

What is Hive?

Hive is the project management tool behind rockstar teams at Uber, Google, Starbucks, Essence and more. Hive is dedicated to helping teams move faster and improving company-wide efficiency. With flexible project layouts, native email, resourcing, group messaging, and file sharing, Hive connects all aspects of your work. Join thousands of companies moving faster with Hive’s powerful project and process management software.

Hive Details
Discussions
Hive Community

Hive is a powerful, easy-to-use project management platform that powers companies like Starbucks, The Economist, WeWork, and more.

Hive's native email integration and chat features centralize all communication in one easy-to-use platform -- Hive is the only app you need to open on your computer when you log on in the morning.

Hive

Hive Screenshots

Hive Reviews

Showing 208 Hive reviews
Already have Hive?
What do you like best?

My favorite feature is the ability to turn submitted request forms and communication plans (also completed through forms) into actionable projects that can be turned into templates for future use. On a browser, the ability to mark up proofs for correction. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The app doesn't have the funtionality it has the potential to have: We'd love to be able to nest projects in the 'My actions' tab under their parent projects for a cleaner view. A tab for forms would be amazing. We're implementing Hive forms for everything from purchase requests to maintenance requests across multiple campuses, and having our users be able to pull up any form from one place on their mobile device would be hugely helpful.

It'd be awesome to be able to assign messages as actions on the app in the same way as through the website.

The ability to make and then see annotations made to a proof in the app would be fantastic. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Hive is a great productivity platform. My team loves it, and it makes it simple for me to keep track of where everyone is in their workload. It also provides an easy avenue for messaging team members, and actions can be assigned straight from those communications.

Hive is best utilized through a browser at this point as the app still has room for improvement. The project nesting feature is fantastic, and the ability to assign entire teams to specific projects is wonderful, I just wish the mobile app had the same capability. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's definitely streamlined the processes for our request forms (graphics, printed media, even maintenance) and project communication plans, so events and workloads are far more organized than they were before. We can also utilize the forms outside of Hive as they can be made available to the public or across our campuses via link to be filled out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Addison Goff of Hive

Thanks for your great review, Julia! We have passed along all of these notes to the product team and truly appreciate your feedback. Cheers!

What do you like best?

-customizable

-robust built-in features Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

really, nothing. My team loves Hive!!!!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Think about how you work. Hive is so customizable that you'll get the most from it if you shape it to your environment, rather than just using it straight out of the box (although you can do that and have a completely delightful experience as well!). My team spent some time really thinking about how we wanted to use Hive--what structure made sense, how we calibrated tasks vs subtasks, etc.--before we started. Hive is the only tool we've found that makes our work easier instead of adding yet another layer of reporting on top. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My team has tried many tools for managing our work (Jira/Kanban, Microsoft Project, Basecamp, etc.) and been frustrated by all of them. Hive has been a revelation for us: we can set it up to support the way we work, link to all our files and emails to streamline our work, and let us share work with each other seamlessly. Plus, the reporting has been invaluable. This is the tool that solved problems we didn't even know we had. We actually work entirely in Hive now. No paper to-do lists, notes floating around anywhere, it's been an exciting journey for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Addison Goff of Hive

Thanks for this awesome review, Christa! It's great to hear you love Hive.

What do you like best?

Flexible views, easy to set up a project, easy to have new members. Pretty user friendly. The amount of integrations that they offer have been outstanding. Their staff are responsive and respectful. Their customer service is top notch. The tutorial that they offer inside of the platform is very user friendly and gets you familiarized with the product very very easily. I like that there is an application and you do not have to just use the website for managing your projects. The application is the best way to utilize HIVE. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Wish the mobile app had more uses than chat functionality. ability to recovery accidentally deleted items/messages. I wish it could integrate with office products that were not 365, like exchange. some of the zapier plugins are a little clunky and hard to keep track of. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

you won't find anything else like it anywhere! If you are looking for a product that will keep you organized and keep you on track as well as keep you motivated and collaborating with your colleagues, this is the product for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Project Management, remote collaboration. Easy to get up and running. With our healthcare teams moving towards working remotely for the indefinite future, HIVE has made collaboration with outside team members very easy and not time consuming. We are developing new forms for our EHR which has been a cumbersome task, especially in gathering the data that we need after end user testing. HIVE makes this easy to collaborate with others. I love the ability to make certain reports public so we can have forward facing reports for our C-suite and board of directors ensuring that we are transparency. HIVE has many uses including the note taking capabilities. The overall project view where I can have 1 parent project and look at all of my tasks in sub projects makes this very easy to allocate resources and time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Addison Goff of Hive

Thanks for leaving a review! We love hearing that Hive is the best project management tool you have used. That's the goal! I've also passed along your comments regarding app functionality to the product team to consider.

Operations Manager
What do you like best?

The interface is extremely user friendly. The different views are easy to use and appeal to different types of users. The colours, imagery, task cards, and Gantt chart view are easy to read, edit, and interact with. We also like that it is open source system that allows us to store large amounts of data within the system. The features are constantly upgraded and there is quick and responsive support from their customer service and support team. We also like that we are able to have a number of main subscription accounts which also have additional external users. We have mostly external users and this is a great selling point for us. It is a cost saving for us as well as it has much more on offer than the next leading software for a far better price. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only things that we do not like about Hive is the fact that since we keep so many projects and so much detail in our projects that it can get very laggy. It will freeze up on occasion and it can be difficult to update dates if there lots of predecessors in your project. The Analytics feature is also in Beta mode still and this has quite a few bugs, however, we can see that it will be a very good tool in the future. Finally, there are some simple feature upgrades that would be good such as an "undo" button and a "indent" button. If you have used other project management software, you will know the value of these two features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are transferring our small family-run business into a growing industry leader. Thus, it is essential that we have the right tool to move our extremely busy production schedule into a full A to Z project management system. Hive has been exactly what we needed and we have already been able to move all of our 2021 products into Hive to ensure we make all of our upcoming deadlines. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Addison Goff of Hive

Thanks for leaving this review, Krislyn! It's awesome to hear that Hive is helping your small business grow. We are rooting for you!

CEO and Creative Director
What do you like best?

Hive's completely integrated approach to productivity has been a life saving force for my team. We are avid creatives, so using a tool that allows us to chat, email, and manage products all in the same tool has really helped the team stay connected and on top of projects. Also, the time tracking abilities and extra reporting tools are robust and helpful in keeping us on top of resourcing for our team.

The resourcing tab is really helpful in planning the team's schedules. Also being able to nest projects within eachother keeps our dashboard of projects neat and organized. Overall, I highly recommend their tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only issue is that the application and the mobile app can be glitchy at times. I hope they invest more in its development in the future.

The other challenge is that it is important to create a solid process for task management and project management prior onboarding your team to the program completely. It can be difficult to organize tasks and projects retroactively without that process.

Finally, they have great budget features. It would be amazing to get include an expense option to it, so that the project budget can be completely managed in Hive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We needed an intuitive productivity tool that also integrates with a few different tools we use, such as gmail, chat, etc. Hive worked really well in pulling that all together. My team loves the chat features and the gifs are a neat addition. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Student Marketing Assistant
What do you like best?

I love that I am able to create tasks and subtasks. It helps me stay extremely, OCD-level, organized. It also allows for you to assign tasks or have tasks assigned to you. The email sync helps me stay on top of things when I have too many windows open to notice any communications coming in. I love that you can attach emails, google drive documents, or uploaded documents to the tasks so the assignee or myself has all they need to complete the tasks, including any communication about the task, where supporting documents live, etc. One last thing about it that is great is you the different views you can change it to. If you need to follow a deadline schedule, you can view your assignments in a calendar format. If you are working on a big team project, you can view assignments by assignee. It makes it so easy to work more efficiently! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about Hive. The only thing I would say is that I don't typically use the chat feature in Hive becuase I use google hangouts. I think it would be great if they synced the chat feature like they do the email. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Hive is most successful when you are utlizing all the features available. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Hive has made teamwork so much more efficient and kept our entire team, both individually and collectively, more organized. I feel as though it saves time as well becuase we can place all project information within the task and if used thoroughly, which cuts out some questions or meetings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Finance & Accounting Professional
What do you like best?

The first and foremost pro is its customizable nature. All of its built in features are very robust. It is a good source of sharing work with each other. It helps us a lot in solving our numerous problems. I like its flexibility and the ease of setting up projects. It is very much user friendly. It really offers outstanding integrations. This is the matchless tool. No one can ever find tool like this. It helps us a lot in collaborating with external team members. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing that I have to dislike about Hive. Me and my team love to use this. It's mobile application should add more features. There should be option of adding accidentally or mistakenly deleted messages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is highly suggested tool for keeping you well organized. I am sure after using this you will be on right track. It will help you a lot in remote collaboration. It offers very much user friendly interface. It will prove beneficial to you in meeting all the Project management needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It consumes less time. It comprises of very interesting features such as imagery, colors, task cards, Gant chart views that are very easy to edit, read and interact. This is the most authentic tool for storing large amounts of data within the system. It keeps on constantly upgrading the system that keep this product up to date. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UG
What do you like best?

I like the ability to be able to keep track and record my tasks and projects with Hive. It has a friendly interface and really good customer service. Hive has done a great job on branding. I think it's on the right track to being a great app to use in the workplace. I like it better than Microsoft Team which I have had experience using in the past. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I still think the organization needs a little bit of work with intuitive design. I'm still not sure if I'm using the app correctly (however, the way I use it still gets things done, just not sure if it's the proper way.) I am in a section of a design team, and I get tasked various small projects throughout the day. I noticed you guys have developed subtasks, but the problem with that is that I have so many projects, the subtasks end up taking up a large part of my notifications, which means I mean I miss the main "action" notifications (updates from superiors) often and I end up being confused or in the dark about some revision or change that needs to be done. I've stopped looking at the notifications entirely and just look at my section in Trade Team "Projects" - I'm sure you can see it on my hive.

^Same answer as above: It would be great to have "departments" within teams so we can coordinate where we put our projects. We don't always have major projects that need to be a thing on its own. We just have a lot of design work that needs to be done continuously (or adding on from the last action.) Again, not sure if we're using the app properly but it's just how our team ended up coordinating to make it all make sense. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Addison Goff of Hive

Thanks for your review! It's great to hear that you enjoy using Hive to keep track of your daily tasks :)

What do you like best?

Hive is a great platform for tracking multi-step onboarding and communications processes. We use it in an academic setting to track every step of our enrollment process for students, from application, to invoicing, to communications after enrollment. Being able to chat within the same platform that we use for project management is invaluable and streamlines so much of our communications. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The one issue we have with Hive is that there isn't a master-admin role that can see everything all the members of the organization are doing in the projects they make. Each of our team members has to invite our executive to our boards. It would be helpful if there was a master admin role that could assign team members to other boards that team members have created, without that role needing to be invited themselves. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get your team on the same page regarding how templates should be used and when. Set up protocols for creating actions in Hive and notifying your team members about those actions. Make sure to set up times to archive outdated actions or finished projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving the issue of coordinating multi-step onboarding and school enrollment processes across department by using Hive's templates to streamline and track protocols. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Addison Goff of Hive

Thanks for the awesome review, Stanley! We love that Hive is helping your team streamline communication and processes.

UF
What do you like best?

The project navigator and Hive cards are very effective for our reporting structure. It's very collaborative for our team to make edits to the project cards. So we are happy. I also love using the chat feature to talk to my colleagues. Many of them work in a remote capacity and the hive chat is my primary means of communicating with them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'm satisfied. There are times when the chat may be slow or malfunctioning, but Hive usually lets us know and the issues are quickly fixed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great application for desktop and your smart phone to stay connected with your team whether your in the office or on the go. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The Hive cards are especially helpful for tracking our projects. We are able to move the cards in a way the perfectly reflects our internal report review process. The ease of attaching screenshots and PDFs makes these cards extremely beneficial for our team to see pertinent information directly on the card instead of digging through to find the original files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Collaboration among co-workers is spectacular, we're able to work in real time remotely. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the mobile features aren't quite as built out as they are on desktop. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The Hive support and migration team are excellent, they are super willing to help if you reach out with questions or concerns. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're able to move all of our different web applications into hive, we can chat with each other, work on projects, store meeting minutes, and track time and more. We're saving so much admin time by centralizing everything. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Addison Goff of Hive

Thanks for the great review, Jasmine! We have noted your comments about the mobile app. Our product team is working on this and there will be more to come. Cheers!

UD
What do you like best?

That we can assign actions to individuals...and a recently new feature that allows us to assign to a team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It was a learning curve for me to get the hang of the program, more tutorial videos please! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have a 101 learning session with a HIVE rep, once I had a zoom and the Rep showed me how to do things, it all just made a little more sense to me. I'm a visual person so need that visual to help me understand how to use the program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Missing important actions that need to be achieved to manufacture our product. HIVE helps keep all cross functional teams as well as leadership aware of deadlines and if deadlines are not being met. Keeping us on track! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UB
What do you like best?

Hive is a sophisticated platform based on identifying the collaboration in real time, significantly boosting the total dynamics of a company, acquiring tools that are very useful for the total flexibility of the functions that are constantly executed for a decent and properly structured work, one of the features that most call my attention is that through this software, registered users to their digital facilities, can visualize the increase of progress of that company, in an extremely easy way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It presents dysfunctional cases of some of its characteristics designed in the application, because it does not acquire the disposition of a mobile program, to carry out the operations in a more constructive and prudent way, that allows to carry out a cleaner and faster workflow, thus to visually achieve an increase of the collaboration at general levels, thanks to the work of this software, without excluding that it would be of great proportion to track the history of versions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Hive is very suitable for the corporation, management and collaboration of group projects, ensuring the effectiveness of their results in the business facilities of an organization, being considerable and perfect for workflows that are totally dynamic, because productivity will increase in a considerable percentage, since these require active and constant communications in the same teams that are dedicated to these versions, more than anything to promote a considerable flexibility of the work that is generally carried out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Most of our organization is using Hive to manage group tasks and projects in a more sophisticated way at an enterprise scale, because sharing data between members of different teams for a drastic increase in collaboration between employees we acquired in our corporation, with an excellent result, because thanks to this software, we have been able to make the management of ideas simple and intuitive in large amounts, and the internal communication in the establishment we have is more flexible and fluid. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

EI
What do you like best?

Hive is very simple to implement and use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The filtering could be more robust with more options. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Managing tasks seems like an easy process until you have to manage volume. Hive provides greats tools to easily ingest new requests, manage them to completion, and provide an approval cycle. We would be lost without Hive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Hive organizes all our people and work activities. It provides templates with dependencies to drive consistency across geographically dispersed teams. Things don't fall through the cracks, like trying to manage projects in an e-mail. And we have connected our internal customer requests using the forms function to eliminate duplicate entry. We have a small team, and Hive works as another set of hands, making people more productive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Addison Goff of Hive

Thank you for the review! It's awesome to hear that Hive is making your small team more productive.

AM
What do you like best?

Desktop and mobile app are great. Also the chats, general and specific by project. I can manage all communication in one single platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I dislike is that when downloading from the app it kicks me out to browser. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give yourself a shot, try it out and test it. Hive is not only a PM software that helps you keep track of projects, it's also a communication platform that helps business stay professional and organized. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Project Management for marketing clients. I can now assign jobs, make tracking visible, and chat within any action of the projects. Hive and email are the only two things I use to keep track of my work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Addison Goff of Hive

Thanks for your review! We love hearing that Hive is such a big part of your workday.

AM
What do you like best?

Our team enjoys the segmented nature of creating chat rooms for each client. It's a simple thing but has helped us a ton! It also helps us keep track of time for each client which has saved us so much money and allows us the opportunity to scale appropriately with clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The IOS app has been pretty buggy for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take about 1 hour of your day to full set it up and then use it to its full potential. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have been able to track our hours with little to no extra work, which then has helped our company prove our worth to clients and in some cases raise our retainer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Still new to using Hive but it has been super helpful. I love the ability to visualize my to-do list in my own tab as well as taking a look and what the whole team has going on. Color coding also helps with visualizing tasks. Hive is a great place to communicate feedback and share progress on projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I miss notifications or don't receive them. I wish when someone else comments on a project I can be notified without them having to tag me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have constant stream of projects that need to be spread out amongst a team, this is perfect software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Used to have so much on my plate and would lose track of what needs to get done. I think this helps lay everything out in front of you. A huge benefit is the ability to share assets/important information under a single task. This way it doesn't clutter a group message or anything. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Addison Goff of Hive

Thanks for leaving a review, Brad! We love to hear that Hive is helping your team collaborate on projects.

AM
What do you like best?

Hive makes project management and communication simple. If we hadn't had Hive in place pre-COVID, I'm not sure we would have kept our efficiency up, as well as our ability to communicate and collaborate. Hive's constantly asking for our feedback, making us feel like we're part of their team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there's not much, but would love to see more integration in with Zoom, etc. though I know that's on the way! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're keeping client projects moving forward at a pace that was unimaginable before. As a small agency, Hive gives us the ability to be nimble and agile, all while staying two steps ahead of deadlines and projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital Advertising Supervisor
What do you like best?

I love that I'm able to create quick action cards for any ad hoc requests we get while still having consistent coverage for reoccurring tasks. Easy to navigate on the platform and it takes very little time to train new team members on how to use. Also, love the ability to further break out projects that have multiple steps in a clean and easy to follow way. We heavily utilize the subactions in an action card to set separate due dates, details, and project owners. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It could be a bit easier to sort through completed tasks through a table view. Also, the overall view options could be a bit more simple to navigate in general. Finally, would be nice to be able to add followers to an action card without having to assign and then remove them from the task. I see the option to follow a task myself, but would like to add other managers to follow a task assigned to someone else so they're aware that it's already been assigned and added to the task list. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Hive has been a great tool for answering all of our project management needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With Hive it makes juggling multiple tasks simple by making sure things don't fall through the cracks and to make sure we prioritize based on due dates. Also, although it's not a function we regularly use, the ability to track project time in the platform is abundantly helpful for time efficiency tracking as well as meeting project allocation goals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Addison Goff of Hive

Thanks for leaving a great review, Danielle! We love to hear that you are a fan of Hive. I have also passed along your feedback to our product team for consideration. Cheers!

What do you like best?

My favorite part is how essential features are not locked behind unnecessary pay walls. I get everything for one price. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I honestly don’t have any substantive complaints. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Hive has allowed me to automate critical functions, move much quicker, and keep important details from falling through the cracks. I have a global team who uses hive to track virtually everything and it keeps all of us on track. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is extremely versatile and the support is great. I must have tried 20 project management apps before I decided on this on Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Maybe the ability to filter by tag in all of the views might be helpful but not a big problem. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Hive has allowed me to collaborate with a client on a major project - the cross organization collaboration has been very helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.