Hippo CMMS Reviews & Product Details

Hippo CMMS Overview

What is Hippo CMMS?

Hippo is a simple, powerful computerized maintenance management software (CMMS) solution built for companies of all types of industries—healthcare, manufacturing, education, hotels and resorts, municipalities, and more. Our team has been providing affordable, user-friendly solutions since 2004, and since then, we've helped thousands of businesses streamline their maintenance operations. Hippo CMMS comes equipped with all the key features to manage preventive maintenance, repairs, equipment, inventory, work orders, and more. Our software's ease-of-use, as well as our dedication to serving our customers are what differentiates us from other CMMS options. We offer flexible, cost-effective subscription plans, and lifetime technical support so our customers can gain the best ROI in both the short- and long-term. How can we help you get started?

Hippo CMMS Details
English, French, Portuguese, Spanish

Hippo CMMS is a simple, easy to use maintenance software suitable for most industries It comes equipped with CMMS features required to manage preventive maintenance, work orders, equipment and inventory and can be accessed from mobile devices.

Hippo's ease-of-use sets us apart from other maintenance management software systems. There are many robust software options out there but few are as user-friendly or simple to implement. At Hippo, we take a different approach to product development. Rather than design the software to meet the needs of C-level managers, we started with the technician in mind.

Hippo offers incredible value. If your company has 50 technicians, our subscription packages make it simple and affordable to choose the best plan for your needs. And there are NO hidden support fees or data caps. Lifetime technical support and regular software updates are included in every subscription.

Hippo's customer team goes above and beyond to ensure that our customers' implementation experiences are successful. Not only are we responsive, we're proactive, and we're ready to assist you with your maintenance needs today.

Hippo CMMS
2004
Winnipeg, Canada
@HippoCMMS
733 Twitter followers

Hippo CMMS Videos

Hippo CMMS Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Hippo CMMS community
Have you used Hippo CMMS before?

Hippo CMMS Reviews

Showing 21 Hippo CMMS reviews
Ratings (1)
Already have Hippo CMMS?
What do you like best?

The ease of the program. The users do not need a over amount of training to input tickets Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That we do not have the ability of emailing in tickets Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Organization of the Maintenance department Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Fabio Carvalho of Hippo CMMS

Hi Jon,

Thank you for your review. I'm happy to hear you and your users are enjoying how user-friendly Hippo is and that you can see improvements in your department's organization after using our system.

We released recently some new features that might make it easier to share work orders with your team, like the ability to copy a unique URL for each work order. Please keep in mind that you can always add email addresses that you'd like to send updates to for each work order and that we can make adjustments to the user permission so they can receive notifications for both PMs and demands.

Don't hesitate to reach out to us if you'd like to learn more about these options. We'd be glad to help!

AE
What do you like best?

I like that it is user friendly and easy to train another person to use the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When creating an associate work order, it would be great if the associated work order could capture the detail of the original work order rather than us having to copy and paste all the information. Reporting feature makes it difficult to capture specific work orders. I used the search option more to locate work orders. Me and another co-worker are often in the system at the same time and end up working on the same work order, would be great if the system alerted me that someone else was modifying the work order. Our mechanics have the ability to enter their own time as well as make changes to their co-workers time because of this we have to generate individual work orders to our mechanics to ensure their time has not been manipulated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the training pages they have available online and watch the training videos they are very helpful. I use the online system or email hippo directly with any questions I may have. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The end users enjoy getting the email from the system that their work order was submitted. However, they have asked for the ability to see the status updates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Fabio Carvalho of Hippo CMMS

Thank you for your review!

It's good to know you enjoy how user friendly Hippo is and that you're taking advantage of our Help Center and technical support. You mentioned some good points that are on our development team's radar, so please keep tuned for future releases.

Please get in touch with us so we can assist your end users to get status updates. I think we can improve it by doing some fine tuning in the permissions.

Please don't hesitate to contact us. We'd be glad to help!

Maintenance Manager
What do you like best?

The user interface & architecture are extremely user friendly. The work categories make organizing certain job tasks simple. The reporting feature is also very user friendly and makes analyzing data very efficient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Inability to run certain specific reports easily. Also inability to amend a previously closed work order. The reason I would recommend being able to amend a closed work order by the administrator is because there are at times errors by the user who closed the work order. I have had several errors involving incorrect parts issues and also amount of hours worked on a specific problem. This also plays a factor with redundancy if a previously closed work order is closed but yet the work needs more attention. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need an easy to use, efficient CMMS, then HIPPO is definitely a good choice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Historical documentation and reporting . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Natasha Sidhu of Hippo CMMS

Daniel,

Thank you for the constructive feedback.

Ability to edit completed work orders is already on the road map and we are hoping to release it as soon as we can. Please feel free to reach out to us at support@hippocmms.com if you have any other questions or suggestions.

Manager
What do you like best?

The interface is modern and simple and easily accessible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A bit cumbersome to add new items and some glitches in the reporting function, especially in obtaining historic data with dates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The ability to have a centralized repository of service jobs and equipment information is certainly a time saving item. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Fabio Carvalho of Hippo CMMS

Thank you for leaving us a review, Shafik!

I'm glad you're enjoying our user friendly interface and saving time when managing work orders and equipment. I'd like to learn more about the glitches you've experienced when generating reports. Please keep in mind Hippo provides lifetime technical support, so we'd be glad to help you and your team. Don't hesitate to contact us!

AG
What do you like best?

I like the how simple it is to submit a word order and track. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The floor plans and maps were not easy to upload or navigate live on the site. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

HIPPO lets us hold staff accountable to complete work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Fabio Carvalho of Hippo CMMS

Thank you for leaving us a review!

I'm glad Hippo is making it easier for you to manage work orders and keep track of your staff's performance.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or suggestions.

Director of Facilities and Safety
Non-Profit Organization Management
What do you like best?

I love how I can pull data and enter my departmental KPIs in a few clicks. Searching for work orders is a breeze through the search by work order number feature on the top of the page. Putting in work orders is very easy. I really like the calendar view and how it is color coded for easy status checks. Setting up was very straight forward. I received plenty of help from knowledgeable staff. Monthly fees are competitive to others. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No app available for mobile devices. All of my facilities and staff utilize a mobile device to minimize paper work orders so I would love to see an app mobile version (not web mobile). I've used other CMMS in app versions and for the most part, it's easier to access and navigate. I also don't understand why I can't open a work order that has been closed by mistake. I have to create another WO, then assign/associate it with the closed one. Its redundant and cumbersome. I really wanted a CMMS that can accurately track individuals/staff members daily hours worked. This has been a bit of a deal breaker for me because I really need a feature that I can simply click on the employees name and it can show me what WO they are currently on and how many hours they put in for the day/week/month. Another feature I don't like is that resources have full access to WOs. It should be read-only for the information submitted by the requester. I've spent too much time correcting descriptions because resources accidentally deleted part of the message. Also, I've experienced critical outages with this software that has paralyzed my staff and facilities. It doesn't happen often but when it does, it hurts us tremendously. I would like to see some sort of "back logged/ cached" file system I could access in the event the site goes down. Lastly, when a work order is rejected, it does not notify the sender, so they end up calling/emailing about the status of their WO and more time is spent that way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can finally provide accurate KPIs which has been instrumental in the advancement of my department. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from of Hippo CMMS

Hi Izzy,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Several of your suggestions are on the development road map, as we understand the advantages you indicated. It is feedback such as yours that makes us continually improve our software.

Mel M.

What do you like best?

I like being able to utalize hippo to plan work orders for the factory. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the level of "polish" that exists in the interface both on the input side as well as the output side.

The input to the system (what we are going through right now) is a bit clunky and cumbersome. We continue to question why we have to go many screens back to put in the data, for example, when we enter a PM and the equipment doesnt exist, you have to go back a screen to enter the equipment into the system, when entering the equipment into the system most of the time we realize that we have to go yet another step backwards to enter the model in.

As far as outputs go, I think that many of these are "standard" and exist regardless of what industry is using the software, weekly reports of what is coming up, monthly summary of what was completed etc. the UI isn't intuitive and not all of the options for things that we input into the database are options for outputs in the reports or printout's of a WO (estimated effort for example) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

we are utilizing HIppo to manage and schedule our maintenance team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from of Hippo CMMS

Hi Dan,

I'm sure you will appreciate the many benefits of regularly scheduled work orders. We appreciate the feedback, as we always look for ways to improve.

AR
What do you like best?

There is the option to have multiple locations and user types. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is no mobile application. I cannot setup preventative maintenance schedule based on the last service date. I do not like how I cannot run a maintenance history on a curtain time generated. I do not like I cannot run a report on the time I change not started to in progress to waiting on parts to invoicing to complete. It is only time of completion. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It does not have a mobile application. It only has a mobile site you can access on the internet on a mobile device. The mobile site looks completely different from the desktop site. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I do not have employees calling me. Work orders are more organized. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Natasha Sidhu of Hippo CMMS

Thank you for the constructive feedback.

Please note that we can turn on Floating feature for PM's so that the next PM does not generate until the last one is completed. Setting up preventative maintenance based on last service date (Variable Schedule) is a great idea and I will definitely pass it on to our development team. Please note that Hippo Reports are based on Created Date and Closed Dates but we can run an extract to create a report for other status change dates.

Please feel free to reach out to us at support@hippocmms.com so that we can help you set-up extracts.

AF
What do you like best?

It has very goog tracking abilities, and reporting sections. It is easy for users to put in work orders and notification works well when a work order is in progress . The equipment logging is great, you can track and log every aspect of equipment , from beginning to current status. You can see all the work completed on equipment and the person doing the work. and pictures of the equipment and asset tags. The users are able to pick from a drop down menu to list exactly the equipment in needing repair. The PM module is very helpful to tie PM's to the right equipment individually and in a group. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You can't delete duplicate work orders, and the equipment section is cumbersome to use.But the facilities section where the equipment and and plotting is, it requires to redundancy. There is not any real understanding of why the information is needed by hippo program. you fill out the line item and then you have associate other areas to that line item and it does not associate with the line item that is being input. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Allow a lot of time to set up and train users Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

work order reporting and tracking Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that HIPPO is easy for our customers to enter their work requests. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the device name is the key identifier for equipment this make it very difficult to manage device like hospital beds for example when there are hundreds of them. Something like an asset number would be a far better identifier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think HIPPO is a good tool to basic maintenance management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

HIPPO helps us manage maintenance work in multiple sites. Allowing us to see what work is requested and what's being completed remotely. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Natasha Sidhu of Hippo CMMS

Jim,

Thank you for the constructive feedback.

Please note that you can use any term as key identifier for equipment. If you need help making changes, please feel free to reach out to us at support@hippocmms.com

AF
What do you like best?

We use HIPPO mainly for the work order requests. This system works well for us and provides the reporting and data we need. We haven't used the other features yet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if HIPPO had a feature to add a photo to a work order request. As we looked at the inventory component, it would be nice if that could be set up with a vendor so that ordering can be done automatically when a product reaches it threshold. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Prior to HIPPo all work orders were emailed which was cumbersome and couldn't track or have proper follow up. By all requests comin into one organized system, it has freed up man hours and provided needed reporting functions Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from of Hippo CMMS

Happy to hear that Hippo has helped to harmonize your work order process! Work Order Requests are a great way to manage the tickets that actually get into the system. Thank you for the feedback. We have recently created a Hippo Help Center. You can access this by clicking on the Support and Feedback panel, where you will find our many Hippo guides and videos.

Mel M.

What do you like best?

Hippo CMMS is a great Facilities Database Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not a database for Biomedical engineers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just know what you need and want. Hippo is great but may not be what you need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A good work around from Facilities Dude or Minuteman. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

User friendly and ability to issue work orders for immediate repairs of facility Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if there was an inventory of parts on hand feature; currently there's not and if there was we can have a supply of items regularly used on hand with maximum/minimum availability of part's on hand. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The user friendly capabilities are a great feature with this CMMS program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Hippo helps with tracking our work progress and job codes keeps the priority and /or urgent work orders visible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Natasha Sidhu of Hippo CMMS

Thank you for the constructive feedback. We are happy to hear that Hippo is helping you keep track of all your work orders.

Please note that Hippo has parts feature. You can enter all your parts data in the Parts grid available under Facility Admin panel. This grid allows you to enter Quantity on Hand, Minimum Quantity and Quantity on Hand values. You can also set up email notifications so that you receive an email when your parts go below minimum quantity. Please note that there is a help guide on adding parts under Support panel.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to us at support@hippocmms.com if you have any further questions.

Natasha

What do you like best?

On site training was the best for me and Mel did a wonderful job. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you can't enter maintenance hours by days (ex. 5/25/18 1.0 hours), also once you close a work ticket out you can never re-open it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

time management, simplify Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Natasha Sidhu of Hippo CMMS

Sheree,

Thank you for the constructive feedback. We will make sure that Mel sees this message.

We are working on developing on new feature so that you can edit closed work orders. I have also passed on the suggestion of adding hours by days to our development team.

Stay tuned for updates.

AE
What do you like best?

It's a CMMS software program that is online based Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Wish I could simplify things. Don't need locations,floor plans,sections.... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It works well for CMMS Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Natasha Sidhu of Hippo CMMS

Jamie,

Thank you for the constructive feedback.

We are always looking for ways to simply the software and I will definitely pass on your suggestion to our development team.

Please feel free to reach out to us at support@hippocmms.com if you have any further questions or suggestions.

UE
What do you like best?

I like hoe this program integrates into Google docs and Google classroom Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the editing options I don't think they're very user friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

When students are absent it is easier to have them catch up to our current work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

History, Maps creation, work order submissions to specific users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

administrative tasks are overly complicated Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

general tickets for maintenance of machines and other items within the factory/plant. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Natasha Sidhu of Hippo CMMS

Thank you for the constructive feedback. Happy to hear that Hippo is working well for your organization to keep track of maintenance history.

Please note that we have lot of Help Guides and Help Videos available under Support panel for admin users. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us at support@hippocmms.com if you would like to schedule one on one training session.

AH
What do you like best?

One of the best features is the ability to sort and find. Being able to export into excel and then use the sort and find functions really helps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn’t a good way to purge the system so that if I want entries before X date to be deleted or marked as done I can’t find a way to do that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Maintenance organization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

This software system allows an organization to simply organization all the daily tasks necessary in managing an entire facility. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Although the system is easy to use and train for team members to work in, it could be a little more robust in features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy system to use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Completing tasks in a timely manner Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from of Hippo CMMS

Thank you for your response. Please keep an eye out for our monthly webinar invites or access our Hippo Help Center. There you can learn about any new features that we often add to your Hippo system, free of charge!

AE
What do you like best?

Floorplans and ability to see visually where problem clusters are occurring Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

-number of layers to navigate to get to info that want

-price Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Price adds up fast for the features that want/need Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

classroom installation and maintenance Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Natasha Sidhu of Hippo CMMS

Thank you for the constructive feedback.

Happy to hear that you are enjoying HipPro+ version of the software and it is helping you keep all your maintenance needs in check.

Hippo is considered one of the more affordable CMMS solutions.

AC
What do you like best?

I like that when I email the technical support team they get back to me extremely quick. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that when I am using the extract it use to be an option to export straight to an Excel from, but now it is gone and the only option is to export to a CVS file. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We now know how many work orders that are being completed throughout the whole month. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Natasha Sidhu of Hippo CMMS

Thank you for the great feedback.

Glad to hear that you find our support staff helpful and responsive.

I will pass on the suggestion to add Excel format to extracts to our development team. Please feel free to reach out to us at support@hippocmms.com if you have any questions or suggestions.