HighBond Reviews & Product Details

HighBond Overview

What is HighBond?

HighBond, by Galvanize, is the end-to-end platform that brings together security, risk management, compliance, and audit professionals. Built by industry experts who wanted a better way to work, HighBond streamlines collaboration across organizations, automates repetitive tasks, and delivers best practices in a seamless, award-winning interface. By working in one platform, you’ve got a single source of truth for the entire organization. And by connecting to, harmonizing, normalizing, and analyzing data across the organization, you’ll get answers to important questions you never even thought to ask.

HighBond Details
German, English, French, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, Chinese (Simplified)

HighBond is the end-to-end platform that brings together security, risk management, compliance, and audit professionals. Built by industry experts who wanted a better way to work, HighBond streamlines collaboration across organizations, automates repetitive tasks, and delivers best practices in a seamless, award-winning interface. By working in one platform, you’ve got a single source of truth for the entire organization. And by connecting to, harmonizing, normalizing, and analyzing data across the organization, you’ll get answers to important questions you never even thought to ask.

Galvanize builds security, risk management, compliance, and audit software for some of the world’s largest organizations. We’re on a mission to unite and strengthen these different teams through the collective HighBond software platform. But we don’t just make technology—we provide tools that strengthen individuals so they can achieve great things and change the world in the process.

Galvanize (formerly ACL)

HighBond Videos

HighBond Reviews

Showing 77 HighBond reviews
Already have HighBond?
What do you like best?

Very simple to use, interface is clean and straightforward. We used the Results, Robots and Analytic module within the Highbond platform and Galvanize has made significant improvements in the integration of these modules. The data visualization with story boarding has been improved a lot over last 2 years and streamlined for making simple and meaningful storyboard from the results data generated from the desktop analytic and robot. Highbond is doing a good job integrating the download/extracting from source data, then pushing flagged exceptions to GRC Results Module and then results are linked to the Storyboard which allows easy sharing for management to make timely decisions. The whole data preparation and analytic process can be automated and with the introduction of Robots. Robot tasks can be rescheduled and run automatically (replacing AX exchange server). We also use the Results Questionnaire tool to for distribution of survey and for event registration, the questionnaire can be very helpful in to ask questions about exceptions identified in the analytics. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The storyboard and design of dashboard needs more improvement, currently it can only handle smaller datasets and other visualization tools like Tableau software offers better graphics, visuals and more control over design of dashboards. The robot and storyboard products are still fairly new and will need more development or improvements. Complex licensing/pricing with the different modules and products. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The results module is very helpful for workflow remediation process, plus the questionnaire can be helpful to get answers or additional information about certain exceptions identified. The robot module has script version control which is very helpful and currently not available in the desktop version. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Monitoring and analytics routines can be performed repeatedly once scripted. Great community, free ideas from inspirations, sample scripts available on the vendor site can help and enable development of new analytic routines. Highbond tool help with analyzing large datasets, profiling high risk items, and potentially identify compliance exceptions, and reporting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Audit Sr. Advisor
What do you like best?

I like how the ACL Analytics part can handle large sets of data (and from different sources), and being able to run multiple analysis on this data without having to write codes repeatedly or adjusting much. Once you create queries and automation, you can work with different sets of data and perform the same analysis repeatedly. Also, being able to automate this with robotics, and create outputs/reports, without learning how to write SQL or other programming languages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

For certain scenarios or uses, you might find yourself wanting to go back to SQL, coding, Excel or any other tools, it all depends on the specific needs. I think the Highbond tools work better to integrate multiple sources and large sets of data in a single place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's definitely a platform you should consider when looking for tools to manage data, perform analysis, and report on these analysis. There are other options, but it all comes down to specific needs (such as how much data, and how many different sources you may have in your organization). It takes a while to get used, but as with any other tool, there's a learning curve involved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As an auditor, we run multiple analysis on different data (but with the same structure). Previously, doing this would take more time in Excel, or adjusting queries in SQL, and importing data from different sources. ACL Analytics has helped primarily on consolidating the data, and also running the same queries repeatedly, without much adjustment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Intelligence Analyst III
What do you like best?

The visual aesthetics of the tool are engaging and a welcome sight when working for long period of time. The simplicity of how data flows and allows for consistency and immutability is wonderful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Working with a cloud based system is problematic at times due to the restrictions of what data can be transferred/stored due to privacy and government requirements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Pay attention to the ease of use for the end users. Be willing to re-evaluate your process and consider if the tool provides a better or just as good way of doing your work. The tool allows for configuration so explore how that can meet your needs. Most importantly it needs to be easy to use and inspire the end users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tracking and managing exceptions through the workflow process. This has allowed the benefit of centralizing the results in a location business partners can interact with, this reducing manual work my internal members. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The fact that this is software is cloud based makes it revolutionary and readily accessible across different devices and the fact that it prides in effective monitoring and efficient observations key for compliance and proper auditing and given that there is timely service and a great support team makes it worth having and builds in us the already subscribed clients a pride in association with this software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At the moment there have not been any major dislikes for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Compliance and Audit are key aspects of any business and if you need a quick, efficient way to do it that is fast forward, then I would highly recommend HighBond. You cannot go wrong with it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The greatest benefit we have obtained from this software is the fact that auditing and ensuring that we are complying with our tax obligations and all the other obligations that call for our compliance as an organisation and beyond all that there has been financial hygiene and resource utilization since we started using this software and thus the financial flow has greatly improved and also an effectiveness untold has been the other additive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that there are many options for working with data and process-based information. The ability to take large datasets and analyze them quickly with repeatable scripting and an easy-to-understand language is an amazing value. Utilizing output from those analyses into an end-to-end process for documenting project objectives and risks adds tremendous value. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was clearer how Galvanize's toolsets work together, and I would like to see more intuitive interfaces for the user. Also, performance on relatively simple operations in Results and other HighBond modules needs to improve. More clarity about how the tools work technologically would be incredibly helpful, as would more robust documentation and help on integrating Galvanize's toolsets with other powerful tools for analysis and visualization. I would like the ability to more effectively use the tools without having to rely on expertise from Galvanize. Trainings and other resources on how such tools as Python and R can be used alongside Analytics/HighBond/etc. would be a great area to build out, as I don't currently see a lot of information out there about those areas. I would also like to hear more about how Galvanize's products can integrate with Power BI and Tableau. We also have noted, however, that the tools can be unstable and take too long to complete operations, sometimes crashing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Expect it will take time to effectively plan out how you want to implement and use HighBond software. There are many facets to the productset and there can be a steep ongoing learning. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to create output in Results that facilitates workflow from our data analytics team to the business, and vice versa. We frequently see time savings from our automated scripting and output to Results. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AF
What do you like best?

I appreciate that I can sync data to Results from ACL Analytics or AX Server. I like the script management added for ACL Robot Agent analytics Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the insufficient capabilities for customers to customize and configure the product. I hate the fact that it is only a cloud-offering. I also do not appreciate the years that HighBond has received the lion's share of Galvanize's energy and resources for development, over ACL Analytics, AX Server and now even Robot Agent. Your existing IA analytics customers are moving to other solutions for a reason. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our organization has not realized any great benefit as of yet. We're pursuing distributed analytics model where everyone in the department should be able to access and perform data analysis. Teaching ACL Analytics and AX Server has occupied most of our time. There is little interest in HighBond other than using Results and very few people in our department are familiar enough with ACL or HihgBond to integrate the two products in our work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

The price has increased about 40% since obtaining the analytics product 5 years ago. However I did gain more users with the price increase so that has helped embrace the cost increase. Again, related to cost, to upgrade to full Highbond (not just Analytics), the cost would quadruple. As someone working in Not-for-Profit, I am very dollar conscious. It would be great if Galvanize would offer discounts for Not-for-profits. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend If the conference is approaching, considering attending. That's a great time to see the products live and in real time, as well as real-life use cases from industry users. Their customer service is great and will quickly put you in touch with the right people. Again, as I mentioned before, the community is the best part. Other power users are often willing to help me out when I'm trying a new analytic. I'll even post my scripts on the community boards and ask others to help me fix what might be broken. The way I am able to import from multiple datasources has also been a key feature for me. Galvanize continues to create new data-link connections with other platforms as well. Scripting Capabilities! I also love the community. When I have questions about how to implement a test or analytic, I first submit a question on the Community board. I almost always receive a helpful reply within a couple hours. The scrip hub and help docs are also great. I have found that through my knowledge of and ability to combine data from different sources, I am now sought after from other leaders in my org to provide meaningful data analysis and information. Also, the analytics tool has a steep learning curve, however in response to that Galvanize Academy has incredible and relevant content. Plus, as a CPA, I am able to earn CPE credit through the courses I take. I'm also a fan of the summit event. Even though this year, the summit was forced to go virtual as opposed to live/in-person due to COVID-19, the team did a great job. I am always inspired by the real life use-cases of the analytics platform and often come away from the event eager to increase my own abilities with scripting. Overall, the analytics platform has increased my ability to produce results and meaningful content for my boss (our CFO) much quicker with accuracy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am identifying areas of risk much sooner (or at all) and able to address them and mitigate them quicker. I am also able to take my results from overwhelming spreadsheets and present results in a meaningful way with graphics. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

The integration between different apps like ACL Analytics, Results, Robotics, and Storyboards make it very easy to keep processes organized and control each aspect of the process Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are some issues with the level of customizability for some of the Results / Storyboards related things we have seen. HighBond is always great about listening to suggestions and making those suggestions a reality if enough people ask for it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

HighBond is a wonderful platform with wonderful employees who are genuinely concerned about making the platform the best that it can be to fit your personal needs. Any issues that we have run into we have been able to address or put on their radar for future improvements which is great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using HighBond currently for a lot of internal metrics reporting. We are creating programs in Analytics that create some of the metrics and push our data into Results, which then feed into Storyboards that we have created and are able to use to monitor those metrics. Again, one of the greatest benefits is the cohesive nature of the platform as a whole. We are able to seamlessly use all of these platforms together to maximize the insights we are able to get out of our data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

HighBond simply automates repetitive tasks by connecting to different data sources. The robot is an extraordinary feature that monitors our data in real-time and flag if any suspicious or anomalies activity is detected. Building a repository from pre-existing frameworks to create quick compliance projects is an easy process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

HighBond has been a very helpful solution for our business process and everything has worked well and we never had any issues with it However, we had a few troubles while setting it up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With HighBond we can efficiently audit our entire workflow and use automation to complete repetitive and manual tasks. We can simplify our business process and regulatory compliance management. The highBond has the capability to analyze and process large data to ease our workflow process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

We have been using ACL analytics for a while and it has been a game changer in helping our clients. We've been able to help with many different issues and continuous monitoring. I highly recommend to anyone looking for a data analysis tool! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more tools for customers who utilize the services for outside clients. We only have analytics at this time because we don't see a benefit in any other tools in serving our clients at this point. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The products Highbond offers has helped our data analytics team provide our clients with insights that we would not have been able to provide by standard auditing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Analytics has helped us find fraud in credit card transactions, helped us in implementing a new commissions system, and so many other things! It's a game-changer! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ET
What do you like best?

Product is very flexible and HighBond is very focused on meeting their customer's needs as supported by the frequency of product updates/enhancements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No dislikes as product meets all of our expectations and needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highbond is highly flexible and their staff are very responsive, listen to your needs and assist you with meeting your core business objectives. Additionally, they continue to make refinements and enhancements based upon direct input from their vast user group. Additionally, they do an outstanding job of communicating their current and future product road map. For those looking for a solution to assist with data analytics, workflow automation and dashboard reporting, HighBond is the product for your team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using HighBond across several functional teams including Internal Audit, Ethics & Compliance, Risk Management and Environmental, Health and Safety. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The Data analytics tool and its ready options to analyze data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The scripts that you need to write for complex analysis. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is tool that will enhance the audit management process in terms of data analysis as opposed to sample testing and GRC capabilities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Analyzing big data from the system. Identified several control issues that were costing the organization financially. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Markerting Manager TV, Sound System & Photo
What do you like best?

The ACL "encodes" the activities performed as well as enables you to repeat them with one click. The ACL records the actions performed and may be copied to a script and executed at any time, so that the entire process can be executed without the expertise of the programming language. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The ACL has the capability to turn PDFs into tables, but the PDFs should be very easy and the columns should stay easy to skip. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

In comparison with MS Office, it's a lot easier to deal with a lot of information and make use of scripts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Using this particular device is going to give you much more processing power than a regular examination. It works wonders. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

I love the functionality of the robots. It is great to be able to create tasks, set triggers and have questionnaires and emails sent automatically. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are some limitations that I wish could be fixed. For example, I wish that when creating a questionnaire, if you choose the wrong type of question, you could just pick from a drop down list and switch the question type on the fly. I wish that the storyboards were a lot more dynamic. There are so many great charts and KPIs out there and it seems like the story boards are so limited. Plus, you cant do any calculated fields in the storyboards like you can in PowerBI and Excel. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We used to use Access databases for all of our audits and reports. Now we are using Highbond and not having the same issues we were having with Access. The auditors constantly complained about the access databases crashing and really slow response time. We have saved so many hours with Highbond Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

One of my favorite things is how easy and simple it is to use. I am new to HighBond and I was able to pick up quickly how to navigate and utilize the tool quickly. Another thing I really like is that am able to quickly identify issues with our teams testing. Within a matter of minutes we are able to extrapolate data quickly and convert the data into useful reporting Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As mentioned being a new user, I am still adjusting to the use of the system/tool. Currently I do not have a dislike, I am looking forward to utilizing it more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly suggest looking into HighBond, if you or your team is looking to incorporate more data analytics within your business. This tool really helps streamline and increase efficiencies no matter what type of project or audit you are working on. My team uses it to extrapolate our sample size and selections, show immediate analysis and trends. This tool is also a great why to so trends, projections and solutions for problems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Currently my use is related to data analytics and using the analytics to test faster, which allows the audit team to work effective and efficiently. Using the tool, I have been able to prove that calculations within our systems for customers were failing. Therefore, identifying issues and failures within our own systems. This helped us to identify quicker and respond imminently to the business to resolve the problems at hand. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

I found the platform very easy to implement and use. After only a few short sessions and some online training, I felt I had a very good understanding of the capabilities and how to use them. My users have also shown that they are picking it up pretty quick as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would have liked more than 5 custom fields. So far, this is fine, and I have been able to re-purpose a existing fields to track some information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Highbond is replacing our legacy audit software. The intuitive platform and easy online interface and making it easier to implement for our global team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Data Analyst Advisor
What do you like best?

I liked seeing the new innovations Galvanize was adding to its products and presenting the presentation I had been working on for months. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not having the in person experience at a typical Summit. I missed the conversations with others about using the tools and connecting with others. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its a powerful tool if projects are created and maintained by someone with experience in the tools. The set of tools can complete most of all work I have had. I recommend the tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Currently, I no longer have access to Highbond product, but I was using it to translate 820 EDI files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Ability to build the dashboards for PMO for audits Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think it would be good if we can send a bundled document requests based on the Excel input files Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think the most value comes with ability to analyze work and display the results. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using HighBond for action plans follow-ups with process owners Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

Client partner success relationship maintains a link between the users and the developers, and enables us to tap resources that can only be provided via a personal relationship. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

With the merger of ACL and Rsam, the platform's future is still being determined, but we like what we've seen so far. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

HighBond is a cost-effective and highly customizeable solution with great customer support Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The HighBond platform allows for automation and enables additional maturity on our existing processes. We are better able to track and control any identified issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I liked seeing the functionality that will be released in the near future. I think having visuals with workflows will make them more user friendly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the presentations were dry and very unorganized. I was unsure the goal of the presentations and where they were going. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

User friendly from an audit perspective but not as versatile as a coding language itself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are automating many of our processes to save time on manual processes and eliminate human error. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Enterprise Cybersecurity Risk Manager
What do you like best?

I was thoroughly impressed with the capabilities of HighBond. This will save our organization an incredible amount of time and money. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The overall cost seems a bit high, however I do see an exponential benefit in the time and money we will save by utilizing HighBond Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

HighBond will create a single source of truth for our entire organization and help break down silos. I have realized there are tremendous opportunities for growth here. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

The more you use this the more likely you are to find even more uses for it. It's a vicious never ending cycle of productivity and solutions leading to more ways you be productive and find solutions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve is a little steep because the documentation is kinda difficult to search. If something is broken you can find out where it broke, but it's a little difficult to find out why it broke. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a shot. It's a great program for analysis and monitoring. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Continuous monitoring for compliance. Anything we want to automate that involved data is defaulted to a HighBond project. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AF
What do you like best?

HighBond GRC allows the flexibility to adapt its product to meet our Company needs. The ability to link risk assessments to regulatory requirements to internal audit testing eliminates gaps to ensure regulatory compliance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

HighBond GRC does not permit linking between projects. Each project documentation must stand alone. Several of our projects overlap and the ability to link between projects would improve our audit efficiency. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ensure you have adequate resources to implement internally. The HighBond consulting fees are very high. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

HighBond GRC has provided greater insight into our SOX 404 controls. We have been able to consolidate and reduce the number of key controls by 20%. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Data Analytics Specialist
What do you like best?

I love the original tools of the application. It was highly adaptable to analytics on the desktop side. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really dislike the move to the cloud and moving things away from your computer. I also dislike the very limited visualizations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I don't recommend going to HighBond. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am not solving any problems with HighBond. I have not realized any benefits. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Integration of analytics and audit management software Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Visual displays of data are still weak as compared to other visualization software (e.g. Tableau) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Keep in mind that integration between analytics and audit management is often a weak point of other systems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are implementing continuous monitoring processes and managing output from it for a much faster and consistent program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for HighBond?