Hexnode MDM Reviews & Product Details

Head of IT/Comms/QA
What do you like best?

This is a superb MDM frontend - I would recommend it over the competitors to my clients. Setup is super simple and the ability to create a secure multi-app kiosk was invaluable when setting up a device for clients to use in our reception area. The web client is very well refined and runs beautifully from a range of different devices - it is also easy to use from touchscreen devices - ie iPads or touch based Windows machines. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Enrolment of iOS devices was easy, however, enrolling a Windows machine unfortunately repeatedly failed, up to the point where we had to completely factory reset the OS in order to configure our Surface device. This was annoying, and a waste of company time and money, however once up and running again, I will not deny that the software did work well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The customer services are friendly, helpful and responsive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Hexnode has allowed us to manage our company's devices easily and efficiently. Before, as a company, we were creating config files in Apple Configurator 2 and manually pushing them to our iOS devices. This method was very insecure as it allowed for easy removal. Now, during Covid-19, we decided to look into MDM solutions in order to manage our devices from home. We took out a trial of Jamf, however we found the features clunky and hard to use. Also, Jamf lacked the ability to manage Windows 10 devices. This was a necessity for us. However, Hexnode ticked all of the boxes for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Hexnode MDM Overview

What is Hexnode MDM?

Hexnode is a Unified Endpoint Management solution that gives you full control over the BYOD and corporate-owned devices in your organization and enables secure access to the apps and data in it. Hexnode offers support for Android, iOS, Windows (PC and Phone), macOS, and tvOS endpoints. Here's why you should try Hexnode MDM: Supports Android, iOS, Windows, macOS, tvOS and fireOS. Manage a few, dozens, hundreds or even thousands of devices with ease. Monitor and track everything from a centralized dashboard. Remotely set up device configurations on the user devices. Selectively restrict device functionalities. Provision, deploy and manage mobile applications. Check and enforce compliance across the entire device fleet. Precisely document security and compliance through a wide array of reports. Enroll using Apple Configurator and other enrollment options. Complete AD integration and AD-based policy management. Easy deployment of corporate-owned devices in bulk without having to manually enroll each device, using Samsung's Knox Mobile Enrollment and Google's Zero Touch Enrollment. Supports multi-login and multi-roles. Bypass Activation Lock on iOS devices. Block unwanted URLs with Web Content Filtering. Kiosk mode with a wide range of features. Hexnode browser to enable multi-tabbed browsing on Android devices. Remote view and control help admins troubleshoot the devices remotely. Advanced restrictions and management options for Android devices with Samsung Knox, LG GATE and Kyocera and Android in the Enterprise program (Android for Work) integrations, deploy apps in volume using Apple's Volume Purchase Program (VPP). Out-of-the-box management and control of iOS and Android devices with Apple's Device Enrollment Program (DEP) and ROM Enrollment for Android. Out-of-bound product management with REST-based API. Create tickets and manage device right from Zendesk Support. Solutions we offer: Mobile Device Management Mobile Application Management Mobile Expense Management Mobile Security Management Mobile Content Management Bring Your Own Device Mobile Kiosk Software Unified Endpoint Management Trusted by SMBs to Fortune 500 Companies around the World Check out these case studies: Kensington Exclusive Properties - https://www.hexnode.com/mobile-device-management/mdm-case-study-kensington-exclusive-properties/ Hartley ISD - https://www.hexnode.com/mobile-device-management/mdm-case-study-hartley-isd/ Bathstore - https://www.hexnode.com/mobile-device-management/mdm-case-study-bathstore/ Andalusia Hospitals - https://www.hexnode.com/mobile-device-management/mdm-case-study-andalusia-hospitals/ DKT Philippines - https://www.hexnode.com/mobile-device-management/mdm-case-study-dkt-international/ Western Airways - https://www.hexnode.com/mobile-device-management/mdm-case-study-western-airways/ Impressed? Give it a try Sign up for a trial here: https://www.hexnode.com/mobile-device-management/cloud/signup/.

Hexnode MDM Details

Hexnode MDM is a Unified Endpoint Management solution that provides extensive device management and security solutions for both BYOD and corporate-owned devices, while managing all endpoints across multiple platforms such as iOS, Android, Windows, macOS and tvOS from a single console.

Our tool is a shift from Device Centric to User Centric approach, to automate and reduce the manual actions in managing the mobile devices. Set the policies for departments or team (based on OUs or groups in AD) and forget it. Our products will handle the rest for you, the app installations, restrictions, configurations, blacklists, white lists and more. It is available as a SAAS or On-Prem, can have trial first then in production before you buy it.

Hexnode
2013
San Francisco, CA
@thehexnode

Hexnode MDM Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Hexnode MDM community
Have you used Hexnode MDM before?

Hexnode MDM Reviews

Showing 97 Hexnode MDM reviews
Already have Hexnode MDM?
What do you like best?

someone is available to chat in minutes! I cannot beleive that even if I am working at 2am, I am able to chat with someone and someone is avaialbe to call me within moments if I request it. The support team is very helpful and eager to provide a solution. They are willing to assist in actual setup of the account and enroll devices with you if you so request it. It never feels like I am rushed in my conversation with them. They also have support for Chromebooks in their pipeline and beleive that will roll out by the end of 2020. Once that is available, Hexnode really will be a full package. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Too many external integrations involved(Knox, AEP, Apple VPP, Apple Business) wish it was all integrated. Also some of the documentation is outdated (especially with Samsung Knox Integration/KME)

I dislike the lack of user roles. Everyone has got to be an admin or they have no access to managing devices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look no further! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to service our clients devices under one umbrella. Will be signing on as a Partner reseller. We appreicate the incentives included in the Partners Program. Also love that the platform has integration with Ticketing system, Zendesk. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

We enjoy being able to manage the applications on company tablets and know that they are protected if someone were to walk off with a tablet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The website is confusing sometimes. There are minuet tweaks that make everything work. It' s very easy to use but the little things make things work or will break an entire setup. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider your requirements and ask the Hexnode team for help before purchasing. They honestly know how to make the trial sufficient enough to help you decide if this is the solution you need. Apple was more difficult to deal with when we tried it but customer support helped a lot! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Hexnode to protect tablets that go with our machines. Individuals could walk off with the tablets, but having Hexnode allows us to know that our machines will always be able to operate with the required tablet. We are able to push updates to Android tablets without using the Google Play Store. We can also use Hexnode to view the tablet while connected to a machine if there are problems and viewing the screen can help us rule out problems before we go diagnose other problems with a machine that could be anywhere in the world. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

the flexibility of the system. I've just started and already have a working environment.

Also the support is great! I'm new, less than 48 hours, and had multiple support answers in the last days.

I've spoken to a support agent in the support chat about a possible new feature and she said they will keep me posted when the feature is coming online, because they were already building it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

nothing, the system does what it needs to do.

But for now it is to early to say of course, because I've just started to use Hexnode MDM.

For what I've seen, they will do anything to prevent dissatisfaction. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very easy to start with, even without any experience! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're starting with a cloud-based service of ordermanagement and therefore we need rugged smartphones / scanners.

I don't want to go to the customer to solve problems, so I wanted to limit the possibilities of the devices and control/update them remotely.

It would cost me much more when I need to drive to our customers to solve the simple problems that could have been prevented by using a MDM system.

Also for assistance in a certain error will be usefull, because we can use the remote view to see what the customer is seeing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Hexnode is very User friendly and even without any knowledge about it, you can easily learn the basics by yourself in a couple of hours. It is also very easy to connect it to your Azure Cloud or local Active Directory. Hexnode MDM is cloud-based, which means you dont have to manage another server. Phones are enrolled fast and without any troubles. You can structure your Devices and Users with folders which is also very helpful. Creating policies is easy as well, you can then link the policies to devices, or even better to Device/User Groups so when a device is enrolled it automatically recieves the correct policy. Our company doesn't use that many settings in the policies but from what I saw, a lot is possible. A fun feature for example is, you can set the phone background remotely (i.e. your company logo). It also easily connects to a company email account, if set up. You can also manage an App catalogue,. push mandatory Apps, or Blacklist Apps.

Another thing which I really like about Hexnode is the support! If you have a question or problem you can either call Hexnode (they ALWAYS pick up) or send an email, to which you will recieve a very fast reply with actual help!

Overall we are very very satisfied with this MDM, ,ostly because of its' user-friendly layout and amazing support staff! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Like I already said, we are very happy with Hexnode, however there is one little thing. Hexnode offers a remote view to phones, this however only works if you have a really really good internet connection, if its a little slow, you can connect to the phone but with huge latency. We don't really use this feature so it doesn't bother us much. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I can highly recoommend Hexnode toi anyone looking for a cloud-based MDM Software. It's easy to set-up and super-easy to use! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We mainly use Hexnode as a fail-safe, if a user lost his phone, we can delete all company data on it.

A benefit would be the policy that Users HAVE TO lock their phones with a passwort or pin. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Technical Project Managemet and Consulting
What do you like best?

It was so easy to start - simply create the portal, enroll a device, and it's online and operational. Associating policies was pretty easy as well. Compared to something like InTune where everything has to be 100% setup first, Hexnode allowed us to even do testing, and push out updates almost instantly to ensure our configurations were exactly what we wanted. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Wish there was more lockdown capabilities for Mac and for Windows - but I know that will come with time. Sometimes the Macs don't always show the proper FileVault status either, which can take awhile to update - but aside from these two glitches, I haven't had much of an issue at all with the service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Centralized MDM - instead of having something like InTune, Apple Business Manager & JamF, and Android For Enterprise, all setup, configured, and working in the organization, with multiple portals to login into, we can now manage all of our users in one single place, and see their compliance status at a glance. We can track the location of company owned assets, configure containerization on personal devices (which allows for corporate access on non-owned devices), and push whatever changes we need, instantly, to all of our devices.

We have been able to track some of the most commonly installed apps in our organization, block a few bad ones, and also check what users are frequently doing with their devices and our applications. We can track where our corporate devices are going, and immediately stop bad actors from using our devices too - we even had one device leave our geofence (which is huge lol), and we blocked access almost instantly. So much easier to manage than Intune :) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AF
What do you like best?

All the different devices that it supports. The easy to use UI that makes it so even your average technical person can understand how to manage devices via Hexnode. There are not many times where ANYONE likes contacting support, however, it's sometimes a necessity. The interaction with Hexnode MDM's Support (Eva) was absolutely phenomenal. Although there wasn't a current solution to my issue, I was still satisfied simply due to the acknowledgment of my issue and how personable the support agent was. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Currently, you're unable to deploy Apple TV apps via VPP which is a downside for me, and the company I work for, as we publish an Apple TV app that works as a dashboard for our iOS/iPadOS app. We always recommend the use of MDM's when a customer decides to use our product and after trialing Hexnode MDM just briefly, it's definitely going to be one of the recommended MDM's, however, the inability to deploy Apple TV VPP Apps (we don't distribute the IPA file) makes it a little harder sell. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We used to be a Mac shop and managed the devices via JAMF, however, as we have grown in size and employees, the need for Windows machines has grown. We used to require iPhones for customer-facing employees as well. With Hexnode MDM's ability to manage so many different devices, we can manage all devices whether they use macOS, Windows, iOS, iPadOS, Android, etc. The benefit of managing all these different devices in one place is huge. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Works very well in a school/education situation. Easy and simple to use. Requires little skill. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes that simplicity holds it back a bit. I don't find the context menus particularly logical. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I know that the interface seems simple and "toyish" to use however it is powerful once you dig down and start to get familiar with the interface. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Allowed us to manage multiple school issued iPads that students can then take home and use from home. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that they call me periodically to follow up and make sure that everything is working properly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

no complaints at this time. they helped me with all my questions and lack of knowledge with using the software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you do not know how to use their software, call them and ask. their support team is extremely knowledgeable and helped me working through implementation and with any questions I had. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am not solving problems at this time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

Comprehensive MDM that streamlines our ability to deploy specific apps to our end-users securely to multiple devices without the need to configure and maintain individual devices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Minimum device subscription required but still reasonably priced. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Hexnode was the solution to managing multiple devices in our organization efficiently. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Easy intuitive interface! Easily managed learning curve, with excellent user support! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some setting are duplicated in multiple screens, can be confusing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't hesitate to reach out to support if you get stuck on anything. The online chat is super responsive and helpful! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have a dozen or more Andriod kiosks set up around the building, keeping these all running and updated is a full time job without a central management tool like Hexnodemdm. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Secure, easy to figure out, and you don't need an advanced degree to figure out how to manage your devices! Great customer support Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

NA Like it all. My Only wish is a bigger device support such as for some of the older windows versions such as windows 7 Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Device security mobile networking and the ability to connect to company devices Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Zelfstandige
What do you like best?

They really listen to their customers. Communications is good and their solutions are even greater. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I can think of at the moment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use their software to manage my kiosk tablets. Apperently their software works better than Samsung's own KNOX. I tested Knox first and then came accross Hexnode. Much user friendlier and easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

System and Network Administrator
What do you like best?

affordable and scalable, cross platform easy to deploy. Support easy to reach. dedicated and regular support team. Remote screen control. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

admin portal on rotary ip linked to a dns name, a bit hard to restrain on the FW policy. Support mostly over chat Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

HexnodeMDM need a bit of time at the start-up to properly tune the devices. but once in place it's a superb solution! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Device remote control, applications access, push applications, kiosk mode, security conserns and so on! One tool for all our platforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director Of Information Technology
What do you like best?

The easy of setting up a profile, location service, Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have been using it for 6 months and we have not found anything yet that is to the point of dislike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The easy of profile updates, being able to support clients in the field and see what the tablet is doing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is so easy to use and I had to work with the apps. I am sure that it can do much more, but it's fine for now. I like the quickest login. The management of hundreds of Kindles will take time to register and download certificates for each of you. They always have a very communicative, straightforward and open support team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Although not hard to use, there is a bit of a learning curve for first-time MDM users with the various sections, particularly as it concerns Apple DEP and VPP. However, as mentioned above, your support team is extremely helpful in these matters. However, I suspect this is true of any MDM. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

With GDPR and data compliance, it is so important to ensure your devices and data are safe, even though you lack a dedicated technical team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I wanted a MDM solution, both simple to use, but compatible with every feature and command. Having been using Hexnode for more than 9 months now, I had no problems and could do it at will. I needed location and device wipe services, and they both worked perfectly. I wanted to do my kindles with Hexnode. My main aim was to handle wireless certificates and set up kiosks. I could use the Hexnode interface with ease. Easy device registration was also important and that was easily done by Hexnode. Naturally, the questions were financing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Manager
What do you like best?

The almost immediate response from support requests was the thing that sold me. The east of setup and configuration has been near seamless. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I have found to be a disappointment is the need to wipe a device before enrolling it as a company profile device. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take advantage of the free trial the awesome support during the trial; it made the decision easy for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are finally able to quickly limit mobile data use, and adjust use as necessary for individuals or groups of users. We are able to split up the management of the devices among multiple groups and apply policies and deploy applications to each of those groups. It's been a game changer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Customer service has been top notch, always available and helpfull. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Remotely deploying updates is tricky, had to seek lots of help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Control and management of a range of Android devices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

There are a lot of supported devices. Integration is easier than other services. They have an amazing support team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Bit complicated but not as much as other services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am managing remote android TV devices. Hexnode support remote control for restarting the device which is the feature I was looking for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

Easy to add devices into Hexnode mdm and very good suport from staff Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have easyer way to add apps Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Wery easy to add devices Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is easy to she how the devices are used and to be able to add apps without collegting from users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the dashboard, which works well and simple Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Need to have more customized licence module Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

using single app mode Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Services
What do you like best?

I have used the big guys like Airwatch, Meraki and MobileIron, all are high priced and over loaded.

Hexnode's pricing is excellent, has everything most companies would ever need and more for the management of all types of devices.

Simple Interfaces, which help when adding new admins Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Would like to be be able to edit messages that send out to users or admins, but not a big deal.

Location for IOS is great, but would like it to be able to be controlled more remotely, but I suspect that is Apple's side and not Hexnode Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take the trial for a run and see for yourself how easy the interface is to use. The support team is amazing, longest wait I have had for return email is less than 30 minutes! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Able to get all mobile devices into one collection, multiple Wifi only ipads are hard to track down, this allows us to do that very easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CC
What do you like best?

The setup process is simple, and quick. Price tag is comfortable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I could think of, the renewal was quite troublesome sometime ago, but they have improved a lot in the renewal process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Hexnode MDM is a one stop solution for remote device management, for both Apple and Android devices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've been using it to manage remove devices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

The idea I manage can customer experience and deploy updates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Complex setup requirements where I just want a simple locked in whitelist for chrome, and set chrome as the kiosk app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

implement stupid operator mode (me). I simply want to setup a kiosk mode chrome browser and prevent customers from navigating away or doing anything outside of the web portal. besides setting up wifi, bluetooth, and such basics system stuff. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Lock in our product web portal and keep Chrome top. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AL
What do you like best?

Simplicity!!

Implementation was really easy.

Documentation was rather straight to the point and had little to no issues following along.

Was able to set up both iOS and droid platforms the same day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Site could be improved to be more responsive.

Non-ituitive menu options . and sub-menus.

while it goes for simplicity, it seems to be too bare but doesn't impact productivity one bit." Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

App management, quick user device enrolment, intuitive app restrictions policies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.