Hatchbuck

Hatchbuck

Hatchbuck is sales and marketing software for small business that makes it easy to nurture prospects and customers and drive more sales.

Work for Hatchbuck?

Learning about Hatchbuck?

Hatchbuck Reviews

Ask Hatchbuck a Question
Showing 135 Hatchbuck reviews
Ellen S.

"Straightforward System with No Fluff"

What do you like best?

It has all the fundamentals of a CRM without all the extra fluff that I don't need or want as a marketer. Since I take it upon myself to continue my eduction for the company, all I need my CRM to be is reliable and intuitive - which is exactly what this system does for our team.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be a tad bit glitchy. But the team is really quick about fixing issues. Just in the few months that we have used the system, they have continually made updates and improved the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A CRM that is cost effective, clean, and has a quick and efficient support staff.

Streamlining our client communications and automation to better interact with current or potential clients. I also love that the Hatchbuck team is so easily accessible. I know that if I reach out to them, it will only be a few hours (or at most, one business day) until I hear back from them with a solution or a next step to my problem.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Hatchbuck
Kaela E.

"Hatchbuck Is Okay"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Hatchbuck is the easy user-interface! It has a good dashboard - It's decent for marketing and sales, but not a CRM. It does have a decent amount of email templates to utilize! I also like that you get 2 months of a personal onboarding with a real person, and it's nice to reach out to a human to get help!

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you can't create landing pages. They have forms you can create, but even those are ridiculously basic. I also feel that in order to do anything in Hatchbuck you need to buy a "plugin" for the service, and then buy the other service on top of it!

I have been using it to manage and organize contacts and companies. I like to see the dashboard information that tells me my current engagement, campaign performance, and email performance, as well as top email templates!

What CRM All-in-One solution do you use?

Harriet S.

"Great CRM/Email Marketing Combination for Small and Medium Businesses"

What do you like best?

For my clients that want email marketing and do not have a CRM, this is a perfect integrated solution. It's simple to use and additionally allows for the creation and use of forms. Importing and tagging contacts is quick and easy. It is priced very reasonably for small and medium sized businesses to compete with larger companies with larger marketing budgets. The partner support I get is wonderful.

What do you dislike?

I wish it provided the ability to create landing pages. I mentioned above that I really like the ability to create forms in Hatchbuck. I would like to be able to customize the forms more - adding branding and other graphics.

I'm helping my clients use Hatchbuck to establish a regular and consistent email marketing effort for both brand awareness and lead generation. Many of them have never used a CRM in the past and Hatchbuck is helping them to build and monitor a sales pipeline as well as establishing daily tasks for routine follow up.

Stephen W.

"Excellent tool for small/medium size business"

What do you like best?

I really appreciate the toolset, and the templates and guidance they provide, The ability to set up campaigns and tasks based on website activity has given us insights into real-time feedback on the effectiveness of our site and systems. Ask for help - they are very responsive with ideas and best practices you can use right away.

What do you dislike?

The downside is managing all of the automations - it's easy to get carried away, particularly when you're initially setting up, having the system generate tasks as checkpoints, rather than things that actually require attention. Going back and modifying that later and updating can be an intricate process. Take your time early to design touch points and in the campaigns and response process and you'll save this challenge altogether.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take your time when setting up and carefully map out your campaigns and match them to your forms and website interactions. Make sure that, if you find yourself sending the same response emails over and over manually, you have a concerted effort to get those into HB so you can automate that response.

We have fully automated our sales and follow-up systems with Hatchbuck. We have made many, many sales from our site that were fully automated and managed by the HB system. It's helped immensely in getting our arms around our sales processes.

Nicci T.

"Missed it so much!"

What do you like best?

TAGGING!! Full disclosure, I used to work at Hatchbuck. At my new position, we were using Hubspot, and I missed the tagging feature from Hatchbuck SO much.

What do you dislike?

If/Then scenarios would be great in the campaigns feature. However, you can really get around this using actions other places (like links in emails).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When in doubt, use tags (or ask support- they are great!)

We use Hatchbuck for our customer campaigns. This allows us to have more consistent follow up and makes sure that we don't leave any of our customers hanging. We used Hubspot workflows for a while also... but switching to Hatchbuck saved us major $$ and with Hatchbuck +Zapier, I feel like we are getting more usage and automation that we were with Hubspot.

Chelsey C.

"Updated, after 6 months of heavy use: Still, hands down, the best CRM system I've ever used. "

What do you like best?

The support, hands down. The team at Hatchbuck is amazing, and has answered all of my questions promptly, and helped me to think creatively with how best to use the software. I also love the automation available - the ability to trigger emails, campaigns, tasks, reminders, and deals based on contact actions. The new built in advanced filtering system is great, and makes it easier than ever to segment our database based on location, tags, whether they have an email address or not, and more. We've also used the email reporting to our advantage, helping us to get to know our contacts - what they interact with, what they click on, what they do and don't care about - our database has new life!

What do you dislike?

As we've been in the system more, we're finding that we're not using the "deals" tracker tool as effectively as we could, simply based on the fact that for our specific line of business, we could easily use 3-4 pipelines separately. (We are M&A Advisors/Business Brokerage Advisors, and so we have separate pipelines for Sellers, Buyers, Clients doing Exit Planning, and Valuations). If we were given the ability to have multiple Deals pipelines, it would immediately enable us to keep track of that pipeline.

Additionally, if I could change a couple things, like the ability to automate contact notes within the record the same way that other things can be automated, I would, but this is such a minor thing that I wouldn't count it as a dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

TRY IT! You wont regret it. I'd even be happy to answer any questions that you have, being in the system every day for the last 6 months.

We previously had three systems holding three separate sets of data: Zoho CRM, Membrain, and MailChimp. Now that our data is all together, we're already starting to make it work for us, instead of us working with it. As we're further into the program as well, and we've executed some campaigns and targeted emails, we're getting to know our database. The tag feature is amazing, and helps to give a more real-time picture of where our prospects are at, whether they've been browsing the website, what pages they've visted (and multiple times), etc.

Sarah S.

"A great asset to our organization"

What do you like best?

As we work to launch a new software, Hatchbuck has been instrumental in setting up our sales pipelines, assigning leads, and closing deals. Hatchbuck has a great price point and we look forward to seeing our network grow! I highly recommend the software for any organization looking to set up their sales pipeline.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that we have to manually update leads once someone signs on to our software. It's an extra step that may become cumbersome as more deals close. In addition, social media integration would be great.

We are a new venture so it's been great to have this software from the beginning to upload our leads and create a sales pipeline.

Sara K.

"Great Marketing Automation CRM"

What do you like best?

It's got all the marketing automation features of larger suites like Hubspot, Marketo, but at prices small businesses can actually afford. It's a CRM at heart, which is nice because so often businesses have to piece together their customer's perspective from many different systems. Integrates well, easy to use, very adaptable, great partner program, great support. As a small business consultant I've been looking for something like this. It's great for my clients, and great for me to manage.

What do you dislike?

Like any new system there's a learning curve. And with those that are so flexible it always takes a bit more legwork to get started than you assume. The forms builder could use a facelift, but apparently that's in the works already - of course it is, they're in tune with their customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Hatchbuck is great. Get on the phone with them and you'll see how supportive they are. Take a look through their site, they've got a ton of useful resources. They don't offer a free trial like many others, but don't be put off - get a demo. When you get your access, go through and really think about how you want it set up - or find someone to help you out. It should take you 1-3 weeks to get started.

Centralizing customer interactions, simplifying marketing campaigns, automating marketing but also follow-up with contacts. Overall it's a great sales and marketing tool.

C.J. E.

"Great SMB alternative to "Confusionsoft"!"

What do you like best?

Hatchbuck is very easy to sue. It covers all of the bases on what 99% of all B2B SMB's needs in a CRM and email marketing platform.

What do you dislike?

Company records could be a bit more robust, but they are constantly improving them, and you can accomplish a lot with custom fields.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are serious about marketing automation for your SMB, look at Hatchbuck.

I needed a CRM with a built-in email automation platform that was easy to use. Hatchbuck is that system. After spending almost 6 months trying to get "confusionsoft" to work the way I wanted it to, I finally scrapped it and went with Hatchbuck. I DO NOT regret my decision.

Michael W.

"All in all a good starter email platform"

What do you like best?

It's easy to get started and to implement. You don't have a lot of experience building email templates or campaigns and their support is always willing to help out. Their onboarding has worked well for all my clients that use Hatchbuck. Additionally, they are not super strict on purchased lists as long as you do some verifications first to make sure you keep the bounce rate down.

What do you dislike?

Over the years there have been some changes, design and functionality changes and that haven't always gone as smoothly as they should have. The Opens and Click stats aren't always correct or inflated due to firewall issue possibly that other platforms have worked out how to account for. This can inflate the success rate of a campaign and at times it has been pretty significant.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would make sure you look at what other integrations you want. If you don't want to have too many complicated integrations with phone systems and accounting systems this is a great system for small and medium size companies.

So for us, we are a consultant and help other companies implement and manage Hatchbuck. The main benefit for us is that it's easy and fast to get implement and that results in a lower consulting fee for our clients. As we work with a few clients with various goals we have learned a fair bit about hatchbuck and have a great relationship with their support.

Jim C.

"Very good platform for small business CRM and email nurture campaigns"

What do you like best?

It's a DIY solution for small businesses that don't need the feature set of a large CRM like SalesForce. The company is easy to work with and the system seems to be very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

In some ways the system is a little too DIY. They offer email templates and set up a campaign for you, but customizing these to my business needs are a little beyond my technical and creative abilities. I'm sure I could figure it out with enough time, but some of it is a little daunting.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The CRM features are really pretty easy to use, as are the drip marketing campaigns - once you have them set up. I think the real learning curve comes with setting up the email templates and campaigns. It's a good software, but it will require you to put some time and creative juices into getting it set up.

We get a lot of new business leads but not all of them are ready to purchase our services right away. Hatchbuck allows us to keep tabs on these folks, send them periodic drip marketing to keep us fresh in their minds, and when the time is right, we are there to convert the sale.

Eric G.

"Hatchbuck. Perfect combination of CRM and Email-Marketing"

What do you like best?

As a small company, too many pieces can be overwhelming. Hatchbuck answers that need by giving us many tools (email, CRM, web integration). I like having one point of contact that answers all my questions. Probably their Automated Email System is the best part of the package because it lets a small company perform like a larger one.

What do you dislike?

Hatchbuck requires a lot of time to reach into the contacts, find the contact, update the contact. My company gets a phone call and has to respond immediately. Having to dig through screen after screen to arrive at a contact is cumbersome.

Another note, Zapier is a great way to get apps to communicate. So an easier meet and greet app for the customer is linked back to the the contacts in Hatchbuck...works perfectly. But the Deals section of Hatchbuck should be easily triggered as well. Currently the Deals page is very limited in automation so I have not be able to convince my sales team to use that section of Hatchbuck.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You need to decide what it is you need most for your company. My needs were a CRM and Email Marketing...Hatchbuck is a perfect fit

Main solution is historical. Triggering emails to revisit old clients or lost clients. This is the key...followup...to any successful company. The fruit that hangs higher in the tree takes more effort to reach.

"Great Affordable Tool for Marketing Automation"

What do you like best?

Hatchbuck has plenty of nice features for the spend. While it does not have the full scale of the larger marketing automation systems, it has a great toolbox of automated features for a very affordable price. It is not trying to compete with the large automation systems that cost tens of thousands of dollars, but rather offers a great set of tools at an even better price.

What do you dislike?

Reporting is slow when crunching for a larger report. If you send a lot of emails, your email reports take a long time to churn and generate.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take advantage of the promotion to increase your maximum contact count if this is still available. We were able to secure a 30% increase in contacts based on this promotion.

As a non-profit, we want a way to communicate to our potential donors and score our contacts to see who is interacting with our content and website. Hatchbuck allows us to understand who is connecting and who is not.

Kevin M.

"Hatchbuck Enables Entrepreneurs to Grow Their Businesses!"

What do you like best?

Hatchbuck makes it easy to build automated email campaigns the Nurture Prospects, Upsell and Crossell Customers and Engage New Prospects in a compelling and 1:1 way!

What do you dislike?

The Form design tool could be better. From what I hear, they are working on this right now!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you have a plan for what types of Lead Nurture, Prospect Nurture and Client Nurture email campaigns you intend to execute before you begin implementation - this will make everything go more smoothly.

We are automating our business and those of our clients so they can scale and grow rapidly. Our clients love the platform and many have seen substantial growth in their businesses.

Joe P.

"The Game Changer in My Marketing Campaign"

What do you like best?

The ability to easily create great looking email templates is one of the best tools. I also like the point system it awards contacts for opening emails and clicking links. We're able to use this information to determine who is a hot prospect and who needs more nurturing.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an easier way to reset campaigns without starting and stopping the whole thing. For instance, I have a series of tasks to complete for new leads. There are many occasions I get behind on handling the tasks. Without having to stop and restart the campaign I would like the capability to start the campaign today from where I left off. Essentially picking up in the middle of the campaign.

keeps leads and prospects front of mind. sending email newsletters has never been easier and setting up autoresponders with little effort is awesome.

Alisa G.

"Good CRM+Marketing automation solution for small businesses"

What do you like best?

Hatchbuck is very intuitive and easy to use. Set up was quick and painless. Hatchbuck's customer service team is amazing, especially helping us make the transition from Salesforce to Hatchbuck. I appreciated the onboarding assistance as we imported data from Salesforce. I like that you can see a contact's activity easily in each record as well as a running activity dashboard on the side. The marketing automation functionality is great and easy to set up.

What do you dislike?

Because Hatchbuck was originally designed for small B2C businesses, everything is contact driven. You can't do much from the company record and you can't tag or segment companies. There isn't a way to build logic into processes (ie. if contact does X then do Y and Z). The sales side is not as intuitive as the marketing function. That being said, Hatchbuck is continually making updates and does listen to its customers. I expect to see many improvements in the new year and in the meantime, it's working well for us.

We needed an affordable integrated CRM+Marketing automation platform for both sales and marketing to use. We are a small company and had been spending a lot of money on Salesforce, and we weren't using much of its functionality. Hatchbuck gave us what we needed at an affordable price.

Lindsey A.

"Great Service, Great Product! "

What do you like best?

Their onboarding and support team is amazing! I knew I would need a little extra hand-holding at the beginning and they have exceeded expectations.

What do you dislike?

The only dislike would be the personalization of emails. If you add {Contact Name} for example, you can not see that the field has been filled in correctly in the test email and on the contact page. You do receive confirmation when a contact replies and you are able to see your initial email in the thread.

It's a CRM that caters to business who do not want to get lost in a million features they will never utilize. In order for them to maintain a level of simplicity, it can't be a do all product. The support I receive outweighs the features lacking for our particular use case.

We are able to nurture prospects more efficiently and avoid an outstanding quote from falling through the cracks. Marketing emails are also created with ease and Hatchbuck offers great templates.

Kristin S.

"Hatchbuck Success"

What do you like best?

The interface is very user-friendly and makes navigating simple. I also love the team at HB...they always take on any challenge we give them and are there to help whenever we need it!

What do you dislike?

Hmmm...it would be nice if we didn't have to use a 3rd party to connect our calendar but we are still able to do so with Zapier.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Worth every penny and you aren't locked into a contract which makes it easy to try out.

Hatchbuck has worked hard to develop a custom ROI report for us that no other CRM has been able to tackle! This is a huge benefit.

UE
User in E-Learning

"Hatchbuck is Flexible enough to serve all our needs"

What do you like best?

Hatchbuck allows us to easily add and change roles of our clients. We utilize tags and custom user fields readily. The ability to sort by more than one value is very important to us. The ability to have filtered contacts and companies allow for more specific, targeted, marketing. We also enjoy the ability to merge HB with our own accounting database in real time. The addition of Zappier's Zapps has also made it more user friendly.

What do you dislike?

Although it is not completely intuitive, there are lots of great videos and support pages to use when first getting started. Once you get started, finding the little tricks are easy. The monthly webinars also help to find out tricks others are using to make work flow faster.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Hatchbuck offers a variety of flexibility for using this platform. Utilizing the tags, notes, tasks, and custom fields will allow you to take the basic program and craft it to fit your needs.

We are attempting to create more personalized marketing emails and the ability to add tags, custom fields, and notes allows for this to happen when more than one person may need to contact that customer.

Rhonda M.

"Hatcbuck Rocks!"

What do you like best?

HB allows us to easily register and track all of our contacts and leads. We also track all customer, prospect, and lead interaction. It's a real plus when you can talk to a potential client on their level.

HB puts the customer at the heart of our business, which we feel is the fastest way to increase our sales and profits.

What do you dislike?

Limited ability to print reports. Would like to also use this system for action tracking and reporting.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

None

Prospects are kept alive and kicking in HB even if they said no the first time. We have an effective email marketing strategy designed into HB which allows us to keep the name Kitchen Tune-up at the top of the pile. We have prospects approach us months after our initial meeting(s) saying they are ready to start!

"Great product though some tweaks would be good"

What do you like best?

We find it very easy to setup marketing campaigns, enter in information, manage contacts, pitch new products and gain valuable feedback from our clients and prospects. Vendors also seem to like what we do and hearing about it through drip emails from Hatchbuck. I used to use Survey Monkey and got terrible results from it. Then we moved over to Constant Contact and we were scolded (literally) every time we sent out an email.

What do you dislike?

Does more than I need which makes me feel like I should do more with it. I would love to use Hatchbuck as a CRM but I'm not sure it's robust enough for that purpose.

My company uses Hatchbuck marketing to market and send drip emails to our customers. We also manage prospects and customers using Hatchbuck. It's a great drip email program and our customers love that we don't overspend to them.

Robert G.

"Who Are You Guys?"

What do you like best?

I just started using Hatchbuck a few days ago and I am thrilled with our choice. The program is awesome, but the service and support are nothing short of world class! I had a problem with my first email, I picked up the phone and called their support team. Super friendly and eager to help and get me going. I was able to send out our first email within an hour of signing up. The software is amazing, the people behind this company are wonderful.

What do you dislike?

Like most web-based text editors, I wish the program would identify the font and type size when I highlight text. The fact that I can't, makes it more difficult to make typefaces and sizes the same.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I

Before Hatchbuck, we had databases in three different programs and nothing was truly integrated. We now have one database and can see exactly what's happening with each contact. We will be diving into marketing automation in the next few days.

Susan B.

"Love Using Hatchbuck!"

What do you like best?

I've used many different CRM's but this one is by far my favorite. I use it for a marketing startup I currently work for and it helps the team stay on track and communicate better with customers . I love that it incorporates email campaigns along with the CRM, and that you can add tags to organize easily. It's also simple to add scores and keep customers moving along with pipeline. Also, their customer support is incredible! They walk you through training and customize it your needs and always follow up afterwards.

What do you dislike?

This is a tough question because there's so much I do like! Sometimes it's difficult to edit the certain email I want, there are a couple of options to access your current emails. One on the dashboard and one on the settings, I'm sure it makes perfect sense but to me I'm constantly clicking on the wrong one and get frustrated when I want to write a new email or edit an old one.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't look further for a great CRM and email campaign tool, this one is the best. I love so much about it, including the fantastic support! They get back to you right away and are happy to walk you through anything via video call.

The old CRM we used was not very well organized and we couldn't get most of the team to organize their contacts, this system has made the process much easier. Overall we needed a better CRM tool as well as email campaign tool, so this is perfect.

Neal H.

"Hatchbuck is a great bang for the buck"

What do you like best?

The site is intuitive and easy to use. The ability to create emails and use them either as a stand alone email or for batch emails provides a flexibility some other CRM systems just do not offer.

By using Hatchbuck's campaign function, I've been able to significantly reduce my work load. I no longer have to wonder if each client is being followed up with or not. They are. All of them. And with triggers and actions, we're able to schedule follow up phone calls so that potential clients don't fall through the cracks.

What do you dislike?

There's not really much I dislike about Hatchbuck. It works.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Stop wasting time trying out every other program out there. They all have too many limits or require some huge onboarding fee.

I was having a problem of clients that didn't purchase on the initial contact falling through the cracks, and losing touch with them.

Amanda Marie L.

"Powerful tool for a reasonable price."

What do you like best?

I love the personalization, tagging, automation, and lead scoring options. The automatic lead scoring is really nice -- I can set specific rules for customer behaviors that adjust their score up or down, giving me a big-picture view of who's interested and who's not. Their customer service is fantastic as well, and they're always looking for ways to improve. I'm also impressed with their partnerships -- their partnership with HelloBar enabled me to use HelloBar for free, which has helped with conversions on my site.

What do you dislike?

The interface is a little clunky and takes time to process, but this is something I imagine they'll improve in time.

I'm finally setting up email automations instead of emailing people directly through Gmail. It'll be the perfect tool for scaling up and nurturing existing customers when I'm ready.

Learn more about Hatchbuck

Hatchbuck Videos

Learning about Hatchbuck?

* We monitor all Hatchbuck reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.