Business partner of the vendor or vendor's competitor, not included in G2 scores.
What do you like best?
Hatchbuck gives you amazing insight into the mind of a buyer...what' they're doing, thinking, likely to do--all in real time. It's great for hands-on sales strategy. But even more helpful for understanding what your contacts want from you. When you give it to them, the feedback is clear. When you don't, you hear crickets and know it's time to go back to the drawing board.
My favorite features are:
* The real-time dashboard
* The form and link actions to follow up on clicks, visits and online forms
* Dynamic tagging
What do you dislike?
Hatchbuck is coming out with a major update *soon* so many of my dislikes may be addressed. But currently my top 3 dislikes of this program are...
* Limited boolean search
* Limited custom reporting
* One-way API (inbound only), which limits integration with other tools
This said, I've come up with workarounds for most of this or just let go of my annoyance at not having this. For the subscription price, you're not going to get everything you want--no matter which software you evaluate.
Recommendations to others considering the product:
* Don't just "do a demo." Ask to see a live demo by someone using the product to see how it works in real life
* Create a wishlist of features, then go back and prioritize them and label them "must have" and "nice to have." For example, we had to give up calendar integration when we switched, but I don't miss it at all bc we use Google Apps which is far better than Act's calendar integration was anyway. For Hatchbuck's price point, you likely won't get everything you need, but everything you get will be a solid win.
* Consider not doing a full conversion of your existing db, and just bringing over A+ customers and prospects. Use the move to clean up your db and slowly add questionable contacts as you clean them up externally. We reduced the size of our database by 90% when we did this, and it increased our response rates exponentially because it became crystal clear who our active prospects were.
What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
We have used Hatchbuck nearly 3 years, and it's changed our business for the better. The email editor is easy to use and cut my previous design time from 2+ hours to about 15-20 mins--even less if I copy a template. We're up to 11 marketing automation campaigns, which ensures all of our contacts are getting something from us at all times. Then we fill in with our email blasts, and I feel like I've optimized my marketing investment each week.
Before it was too hard to keep track of all the moving pieces. Too hard = no continuity, and continuous content is the secret to lead generation. Now when I come up with a new lead-gen idea, I can execute on it instantly, by myself, no help required from IT.