HashiCorp Vault

HashiCorp Vault

4.0

HashiCorp Vault is a tool that secure user applications and infrastructure to limit the surface area and attack time in the event of a breach

1 on 1 demo to help you get started with Vault Enterprise

Work for HashiCorp Vault?

Learning about HashiCorp Vault?

HashiCorp Vault Reviews

Ask HashiCorp Vault a Question
Showing 13 HashiCorp Vault reviews
User in Medical Devices

"Vault - highly secure tool to store and retrieve sensitive data (secrets/passwords) "

What do you like best?

- Highly reliable authentication mechanism

- It offers a seamless access to store & retrieve sensitive data

- The APIs to read & write secrets in vault are quite useful

What do you dislike?

- Deploying this tool could be difficult for a newbie

- Functionality of Randomize token / password generation should also be provided

Vault, the name itself is self explanatory, a great tool to store secrets. This tool is used to store and retrieve sensitive data in my company & one can easily rely on the authentication mechanism provided by the tool.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about HashiCorp Vault
Sajal S.

"Hashicrop vault"

What do you like best?

This simplicity. Whether it's the HTTP API you use to write/read secrets, their amazing CLI toolEase of installation and use. The process was a simple download and works with brew install.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have a more portable light-weight solution for using on nodes.Manually unseal when all the vault servers are sealedDifficult to setup to work with a production/staging environment out of the box.

Secure storage of secret of the product platform.easy to implement middleware in our existing app and microservices

What Data Center Security solution do you use?

"I've started work with the Vault Key Management System and found that this is the best solution."

What do you like best?

Vault is perhaps the most commonly heard name in secret storage for infrastructure these days.

I like:

1)Multi-factor authentication

2)BYOK

3)various secrets type support

4)resilience as design

What do you dislike?

I compared Vault Key Management System with Torus. And yes, we can use Vault Key Management or Torus for connectors authentication tokens. But it leads us to create reliable and resilience the Key Management System. It was approved and we have already created a task for a Vault Key Management investigation. Currently, there is an explosion of tools that aim to manage secrets. For the first glance, Torus has a poor functionality in support of multi-factor authentication (and so on).

Access to production cloud instances

API tokens distribution for external integrations

AN
Agency in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Data Encrypted Protection for Data and Passwords"

What do you like best?

I like that I can trust my data is kept secure and not at risk of being hacked. I trust the company that it's working. It's easy to use interface also helps and makes this a worthwhile product

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that I need to use a service like this, but thats not on the company at all. I'm glad there are companies out there that help with problems like this

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Keep on keeping our stuff secure

Ensure accounts are secure, passwords are private and our clients data can't be accessed by anyone with our credentials

AC

"Difficult to setup for production the first time, but incredibly useful"

What do you like best?

Makes storing sensitive data for applications a breeze when setup properly. Multiple storage backends and authentication modules is incredibly valuable.

What do you dislike?

Difficult to setup to work with a production/staging environment out of the box. Documentation does not support versioning, so new updates immediately impact the documentation.

- insurance compliance

- easy to implement middleware in our existing app and microservices

- looking forward to implementing auto-provisioning of approle tokens in the future

Marcel G.

"Great secure tool to store and retrieve sensitive data "

What do you like best?

- A highly reliable authentication mechanism

- Easy to use Apis and clients

- Great for GDPR compliance

- Supported and maintained by an official company

What do you dislike?

Nothing, it's a greqat product that is free to use

We're using Vault to improve our security and stay GDPR compliant

Toby A.

"Brilliant secret management"

What do you like best?

This simplicity. Whether it's the HTTP API you use to write/read secrets, their amazing CLI tool, or one of the many packages for many programming languages - the simplicity is immense.

What do you dislike?

Vault tokens are rather manual - However this is a lot better than other authentication I've seen.

Distributed secret management

Rae L.

"Decent"

What do you like best?

It was helping in creating a site where people could access thing very easily and work together

What do you dislike?

It was little hard to get used to at first

It helped us have better security and grow as a company

EC
Executive Sponsor in Computer Software

"Hashicorp's Vault solution is solid"

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

I would like to have a more portable light-weight solution for using on nodes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Start using right away.

Secure storage of secrets for the product platform.

"Very safe to use"

What do you like best?

It keeps our sensitive date and credentials out of our repositories

What do you dislike?

It's not the cheapest option in the market

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Git it a try! I'm sure it won't let you down

I want to keep our sensitive data and credentials out of repositories. HashiCorp Vault helps to accomplish that by keeping these sensitive data in a vault and injecting them as environment variables

"More secure than AWS KMS but also more complex"

What do you like best?

Secure. Plenty of available clients for it. Works well in a non-monolithic architecture.

What do you dislike?

Fairly complex when compared to something like AWS KMS. Requires a bit of setup.

Storing secrets and credentials in a secure manner for distributed architecture.

C

"Excellent Vaulting for the Cloud"

What do you like best?

I like the flexibility and the use of this vaulting solution for password management in our cloud-native environment.

What do you dislike?

I don't really have any dislikes that are immediately obvious.

See above

"Hashicorp Vault for secret management"

What do you like best?

Features like encryption/decryption, sealing, auditing etc

What do you dislike?

Manually unseal when all the vault servers are sealed

Secret Management System

Learn more about HashiCorp Vault

HashiCorp Vault Videos

Learning about HashiCorp Vault?

* We monitor all HashiCorp Vault reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

1 on 1 demo to help you get started with Vault Enterprise