Guru.com Reviews & Product Details

UE
What do you like best?

Guru ofrece muchas herramientas y elementos para facilitar el recibir una tarea completa y asegurar la máxima calidad de tus encargos. Añadir que su software especial de gestión de tiempo permite a los clientes controlar la actividad del freelancer durante los contratos por horas. Por lo tanto los clientes pueden estar en todo momento informados del tiempo que les dedicas, eso a la hora de conseguir buenos y mayores clientes me parece muy positivo. La seccion de preguntas frecuentes en la parte de "soporte" es muy completa. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Es una página que se centra en los freelancers mas profesionales y no tanto en los principiantes, quizás eso sea uno de los motivos por los que su precio puede llegar a ser bastante alto si tus ingresos no son del todo altos, sobretodo cuando comienzas a trabajar como Freelance. Quizás los emoticonos que aparecen a la hora de comunicarte no sean tampoco muy profesionales. No tiene soporte de chat en directo y hoy en día resulta esencial para poder resolver problemas con la mayor rapidez. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Guru es una web de freelancers que ofrece muchas ventajas y mecanismos a prueba de fallos para la contratación de freelancers. El nivel de competencia de los freelancers y la experiencia del usuario al usar las herramientas de la web son muy satisfactorias. Esta plataforma es muy recomendable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Las funciones de búsqueda son sencillamente impresionantes, permitiéndote buscar y filtrar trabajos publicados y perfiles de freelancers fácilmente. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Guru.com Overview

What is Guru.com?

Guru provides businesses with the tools to find and hire talented freelancers all over the world and offers freelancers the opportunity to market sought-after skills to a global audience for a minimal cost.

Guru.com Details

Guru.com
1997
Pittsburgh, PA
1,075 employees on LinkedIn®
Answer a few questions to help the Guru.com community
Have you used Guru.com before?

Guru.com Reviews

Showing 15 Guru.com reviews
Already have Guru.com?
Full Lecturer & Researcher
Higher Education
What do you like best?

At Guru.com you deal with the professional service providers (obviously there are irresponsible/liar guys, but that happens everywhere!).

Guru allows working with professional employers and employees. Costs are not cheap, but it worth the quality of the service. The majority of the work is focused on IT, Web, and Software development/support.

As an employer, you can post a particular task in your project, and probably get an expert guy only in this field.

As an employee, you can get a perfect match with your skills in a particular project getting a good payment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is no diversity on jobs: employers find an expert on a topic, then sometimes can be difficult be the "winner" of a job due that could be another guy with more credential than you, in an expertise field.

The response time is longer than other cheaper options such as Freelancer.com.

Also, the number of jobs for Design, Art & Multimedia, Sales & Marketing, Writing & Translation, Engineering & Architecture, Admin Support, Management & Finance and Legal are less than any IT-related. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are in the IT/Web/Software world, and you work as a freelancer, you need to open an account on this webpage. Probably, you found a proper job for your skills.

If you work in a middle/small size company, maybe a little help do not be bad to solve your "operational" issues :-) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As an employer:

A perfect fit for a specific job in Software development.

As employee:

Good payment for your day-to-day labor as a developer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

If I was able to use it, I'd say something. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Posting one job has never been more frustrating. I gave up after four tries, and never going back, because Upwork's process was seamless. Long story short: just use Upwork or Fiverr.

For everyone else interested in the details: First, their terms a policies are strict--maybe this is needed. But, they're not clear about them. After a few hours of posting, they reject your post saying there's one problem. You fix it, then try to repost. For some reason there is an error message. You start from scratch again, then post. You get another rejection email in a few hours, saying there's another problem (WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THE FIRST TIME?), you try fixing again, and are reminded that the site has an error forcing you to repost from scratch. Do that five times, contact their customer service, only to hear that I've been the one in the wrong for not abiding by their guidelines. Will not be going back to Guru.com Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Nothing so far. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Guru.com
Web Developer
What do you like best?

With Guru it can take some time to get used to the layout and how things work, they do recommendations to help guide you through how to be successful in your endeavours, I guess this is a plus for the service although I do use quite a lot of freelancing websites to increase the chance of finding work I find that they email you with matches to work for your chosen profile and area of work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is a monthly cost or annual cost for membership to upgrade to their premier service that gets you in among the top freelancers list, I find the fact you have to pay a downside as after all you are there to make money, I suppose this is to weed out poor performers but I find this limiting in a way.

Another downside is the English exam you have to take to have your profile marked as 100% complete, being a fluent native English speaker I don't see the point in having to pay to take an exam in a Language I am fluent in but again i suppose this is to protect the users against users who say they can speak English when they can't. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Remember there is a lot of users on this platform so it would be wise to think of a way to make your profile stand out also remember to use their advice as to how to do this it will be invaluable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Currently I am struggling to get any work as the website is overused and there is a lot of competition in the design and development area to which I belong, I am looking forward to getting my first job at some point. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Editor, Writer, Audio Artist
What do you like best?

The website doesn't work, literally, in any way. There is nothing to like. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I made an account. I found a handful of clients. Now my account is broken and customer service has not replied, despite weeks of repeated message. So, I have been denied access to a service I paid for. I think other reviewers said customer service was awful, but this is a big technical problem, and I haven't even received a 'sorry, x is broken. we're fixing it' kind of block message reply.

They are ignoring me, and I literally have a client waiting for me to deliver, but cannot contact them, because the website seems to be down, and no one seems interested in telling me what's going on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My recommendation is 'don't use it', certainly don't pay for it. Because if there is some kind of error, there is literally no support.

I used it for a while, and my only problem there was the quality of the client (which is another red light when it comes to the website--not significantly better than the bottom feeders on freelancer.com) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Nobody is solving anything. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ingeniero de desarrollo de software
What do you like best?

It is a program where you manage to find new personnel for your company, in it you can find personnel totally qualified for the bacchante works that your company has, it is easy to use and has an interface that facilitates even more the work, it is incredible as you can see the profiles of the bacchantes and their abilities to work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In recent times there is nothing that bothers me about this program, it works perfectly without any error in it, could improve some of the options they have to contact people within the same program, but in general lines everything is fine. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I can recommend it for companies looking for new staff or looking for new quality customers, you can see the profiles of new bacchants to hire them in the positions that need employees in your company, is a quality program that you need in your company . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Since we arrived at our company we managed to find new staff for the jobs we need to cover, Guru helped us as a team to find staff to design our new ads, logos of different campaigns among other things, it is very easy to find staff but also its to find good customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital Marketing Specialist
What do you like best?

This is my favorite and long-time used freelancer platform for digital marketing and SEO projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is some disparity in the payment process that causes some arrangements to go south where no other problems exist. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure to incorporate as much information about the different services that you offer. It works very well to setup your portfolio questions with commonly asked questions so you can apply to many jobs quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have been able to build a large book of business through this platform and would recommend it to any freelancer, new or old. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Years ago they had a better process to protect business owners. Now they only protect the freelancers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They don't have a good dispute resolution system. They do not enforce the right way to do business. I have never used them again. I spent over 5k and the developer took over 4 years to complete the work. I escalated the issue to Guru.com and they did nothing to help me. They took forever to respond, as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are better companies that protect both sides of the transaction. You should seek them and don't do business with Guru.com Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

They don't provide any help. They just say it's between the buyer and freelancer. That means no guarantee if things go wrong. Also, they don't have the top developers in the world. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Manager
What do you like best?

Guru allows you to find a performer for your work. I have not once used the services of freelancers on this site. I'm comfortable working there and with the help of feedback, I can find the best performer who will do everything qualitatively and quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

My work has been done repeatedly qualitatively by the Guru so I have no reason to complain. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

In my work, I often used other sites with a search for freelancers and nothing is comparable to what people can do in Guru. if you want your order to be done quickly and efficiently, you should try it out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

If you can't do the work yourself, you can find a freelancer who will do it for you. Guru helped me find a designer who made a quality logo for my site. Also, with their services, sales on my website were improved and advertising became more effective for attracting customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

A lot of freelancers available and they did have great customer support.Problem is you can't vet freelancers very well or prove who they are. We did our best to vet them but we still had poor outcomes with everyone except one. I do not give them a good grade, not even the A this forum is giving. Guru's are not reliable despite high ratings or earnings - doing research still doesn't guarantee a good job. And other Guru's did half the job or disappeared altogether. Thought we had a great one, but he vanished mid-job. I'm not going to recommend them at all. They need to offer some sort of avenue for employers to recoup losses other than paying more money for arbitration. Ridiculous. And if they rule in your favor, still no guarantee you'll be reimbursed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Need to vet freelancers better and have the option to edit feedback. Have better options for Customers who employ. Stop charging for every little thing. 2-3% for paying someone, then if you withdraw your money another charge, if someone refunds you, another charge. Give me a break. Positive note, no monthly fees.. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

None, it only created more problems and more cost. We moved over to UpWork. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love the transparency of this website. It's definitely professionally designed and allows to set up contract before a job is accepted. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You can never verify if the job is legitimate. Also, way too much competition:( Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm keeping my skills in practice and learn about new business demands Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Copywriter
Media Production
What do you like best?

I am very grateful to the Guru.com for helping me find a remote project work when I really needed it. Also Guru allows me to post jobs that I hire for. It is very convenient to see feedbacks about the performer and his proven skills Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'm not complaining about that software ever. I don't have anything bad to say because this service is wonderful. More good thing it's just to start work with and then you will get all points. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The hiring operation on Guru is easy, and every freelancer I have worked with was highly professional. I sure I were more than lucky. I recommend Guru.com to choose as main freelance service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The more important that at work I feel much safe and secure when meeting new clients on Guru. I've also been able to improve my skills working with different projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Trainee
What do you like best?

I've been working with this service for about a month. Quite quickly understood the functions and all processes. it seems to be all right. The advantages include a good thoughtfulness of the service in various small things. Also on my topic there is a lot of new jobs every day and it pleases. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Competition. Competition is very cruel and a beginner like me should really try to get you selected. For this you have to spend a lot more time than expected. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try to write about yourself as more as possible in bid. And good luck! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With the help of this service I'm looking for a part time job and project basis work. I already have several orders on which I work. I hope all be fine. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Guru.com has a lot of job opportunities for freelancers. The layout of the website is intuitive and has a great user experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There were a lot of jobs I found relevant, however, the application process for the individual jobs was not worth the amount of money the jobs rewarded in my opinion. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have the motivation and dedication to put in time for projects, you can be very successful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I created an account on Guru to look for freelancing opportunities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Merchant Broker
What do you like best?

The website is easy to navigate. There are plenty of jobs based on your skill set and it is easy to apply for them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They ask you to upgrade your account to basically have your application stand out ahead of the others. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be prepared to spend a few bucks just so you can maximize your application's potential. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Guru allows me to find freelance work. It also allows me to post jobs that I hire for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the idea of being able to look for and bid on freelance projects through platforms like these. It's easy to get set up; it's free to join and the site is very easy to navigate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have had far more success with other similar websites. I just don't find that there are very many legitimate buyers on this website. I have had an account for years and have found very few jobs that I want to bid on and have not yet been hired for anything. Meanwhile, I have earned a sustainable living through other websites. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would do research and enroll in other platforms as well instead of relying solely on Guru.com. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have not yet realized any benefits from using this website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.