Gumroad Reviews & Product Details

Mentor in product, business and growth at NDRC
What do you like best?

I have used Gumroad (and a few others) to sell books and courses and Gumroad has by far been the simplest to use. You are up and running super fast and integration with your own website could not be simpler. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No real dislikes at the level I was using it for. I have sold a couple of thousand dollars worth of digital product through the site but only ever one or two products at a time so I never had to manage a lot of items. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I found it a remarkably simple and professional looking method to sell digital products through my existing website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Gumroad Overview

What is Gumroad?

Gumroad enables its members to sell their products directly to their customers by connecting both parties.

Gumroad Details

Gumroad
2012
San Francisco, CA
Answer a few questions to help the Gumroad community
Have you used Gumroad before?

Gumroad Reviews

Showing 5 Gumroad reviews
Already have Gumroad?
Growth Director
What do you like best?

The diversity and variety of content and courses Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The ui could be better. It sometimes confuses where you are. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can find courses that you don't find else where. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

The thing that I most appreciate about Gumroad is how easy the platform makes it to get a product out into the world without the hurdles of first having to have a website, set up an online store, or pay costly software fees. I also appreciate that using Gumroad lets me keep most of my profits for myself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I know this sounds picky, but I wish the style of the "Buy" button that is embedded on my website could be customized with a WYSIWYG editor instead of me having to know how to write/edit CSS in order to change the appearance. The default white button doesn't stand out at all against the white background of my website, but I haven't changed it yet because it's not easy for me to do so.

One other issue that I sometimes experience is when customers input the wrong email address when going through the payment process and I receive an angry email from them saying they never got their digital product. I wish there was some way for customers to view their order and see/fix their own mistake before immediately disputing the purchase (which is what they sometimes do). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Gumroad is best for creators who already have an audience to sell to. I wouldn't recommend it as a way for someone with no audience to reach an audience, but for someone who has a substantial email list or follower base, I highly recommend it because it's so easy to put products out there and profit directly from them. If you have a website and you have the capability of easily setting up an eCommerce store on your website, I would probably recommend just doing that instead, but Gumroad would be a great fit for someone like a social media influencer who primarily reaches their audience somewhere other than through a website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Gumroad lets me market my ebooks directly to my email subscribers and site visitors without having to go through the complex process of publishing an ebook on Amazon. I'm also able to price my books higher and keep a greater percentage of the profit than I would selling on Amazon. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

- Simple to use interface

- Accepts credit cards & PayPal

- Decent looking checkout pages

- Discount codes available

- One-time, subscription, & payment plan options

- Able to generate license keys per sale (good for software)

- Free plan is great to get started Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

- No trial capabilities

- No A/B split testing

- No Apple Pay or other forms of payment processing

- No bump offers, up sells, or down sells

- No live chat or Facebook group - only email support Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

- AB split testing should be available

- Apple pay must be accepted

- Live chat should be supported Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

How simple it is to set up and how quick it is to go live with a product Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Lack of customisation and extension of the current feature set Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go ahead with your eyes closed if this is your first time setting up something like this. Easier than Shopify Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sold a few education content pieces through them - the commissions they take are the lowest I've seen and has worked well for me Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

It is a very simple and friendly shopping cart for anyone that lets you quickly start selling products online. It is free to start. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is no support for Apple Pay. also, No live chat feature or Facebook community. It is also not having A/B testing functionality Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It would be great if we can integrate the product with others. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.