Gradelink Reviews & Product Details

Gradelink Overview

What is Gradelink?

Administrators, help your school save time, improve enrollment and fulfill its mission. Standards, grades, lesson plans, communication tools, reporting, Google Classroom integration and more — all in one integrated platform that's easy to use. Gradelink is entirely internet-based so you and your staff can work anywhere, making it ideal for bolstering distance learning. Plus you'll enjoy personalized training and support — at no additional charge.

Gradelink Details
English, Spanish, Chinese (Simplified)

Easy-to-use software to help your school save time, improve enrollment and fulfill its mission

Gradelink
2001
Foothill Ranch, CA
@Gradelink
344 Twitter followers

Art Director

Gradelink Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Gradelink community
Have you used Gradelink before?

Gradelink Reviews

Showing 28 Gradelink reviews
Company Size (1)
Already have Gradelink?
What do you like best?

We have been using Gradelink for several years now and it has simplified our administration and record keeping process tremendously. It's wonderful having everything centrally located in one database, online, that we can access from anywhere. It has reduced the clutter in our office as well as our classrooms by reducing the paper trail. It has made our re-enrollment and enrollment process smooth, efficient and professional. Gradelink has a wonderful support staff very willing to answer questions as well as show you where to find the answers yourself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure there's anything I dislike about it! It really has made my job much more efficient and organized. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would encourage anyone to use Gradelink for their school's administrative needs. We just scratch the surface of what Gradelink can do but it has helped our school tremendously! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It reduced clutter and the need for a wall of filing cabinets in our office. It has made tracking our enrollment process very easy and efficient. It has streamlined our grading scales and policies for our teachers. It has also given them a way to record and log activities for each student individually instead of having to meet regularly to discuss and decide what should be logged. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Phil Moffitt of Gradelink

It’s wonderful to hear that you are getting so many benefits out of using Gradelink, Jessica! Thank you for sharing.

What do you like best?

What I like most about Gradelink is it's ease of use. I am able to email my students and parents, complete my grades, and complete lesson plans all in one place! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

What I have disliked is that the CCSS aren't already placed into Gradelink. As most states use the CCSS, it would seem that it would be necessary for these to be in the Gradelink system already. It would also make it even more marketable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The biggest problem I have solved using Gradelink is that I can easily and quickly get information out to my students and parents at the same time without having to remember email addresses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Phil Moffitt of Gradelink

Our development team works hard to make Gradelink easy to use, so they appreciate your comments, Aubrey! Although there are thousands of CCSSs built into Gradelink, if you need additional standards, please contact your friendly support rep for assistance.

What do you like best?

I love the fact that if something doesn’t match up with what you need, all it takes is a phone call and they can make a change for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There really isn’t a mobile version. I use my iPad almost 100% and the teacher planner has some issues with iPad OS. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Once you make the choice to switch, you will not regret it. It has been an amazing service and will never go back. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing our students info, grade, billing, and lunch system. Being able to have it all in one system and have it located off site where we don’t have to manage it, makes it completely worth it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I enjoy being able to break down my lesson plans into different categories and color coating them is awesome too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Resigning in everytime I come to my computer. The setup of class conclusion is difficult. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Organizing my time and class schedule is helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Phil Moffitt of Gradelink

We’re glad you’re making good use of Gradelink, Aaron! We understand that having to sign in each time can be annoying, however, we work to ensure the security of all accounts. For convenience, your administrator can adjust the time it takes for Gradelink to automatically log you out.

What do you like best?

It’s easy to imput grades and have them calculated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I like everything. Once and a while I write a communication to my students parents and the letter disappeRs when I send it. That’s really frustrating. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Benefits of a grade link, they are I can communicate with parents easily, put in grades, print out reports, do so many things. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Phil Moffitt of Gradelink

Thank you for writing a review, Joan! Please talk with your support rep about your emails and they’ll be glad to help you.

What do you like best?

Ease of use

Instant customer service and helpful techs at the ready Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Wish there was an app for teachers to enter grades, but I'm sure it's coming soon! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Problem of students not "owning" their grades is solved with 24/7 access by parents and students alike Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Phil Moffitt of Gradelink

Wow, the best? Thank you!

What do you like best?

Ease of all school managment is one place. Makes finding school info a breeze. Thank you for providing school support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is not a dislike at this time. Thanks Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tracking, communication with families, enrollment.

Less paperwork for the office! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

Easy communication with parents. Quick to update. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Hard to read across lines of grading. It can be difficult to follow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It’s pretty easy to use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Makes grading more tolerable overall. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Phil Moffitt of Gradelink

It’s good to hear that Gradelink is making your job easier!

IT Director
What do you like best?

Gradelink is a simple to use product that will satisfy the needs of schools in all departments. Teachers will benefit from a sophisticated, yet simple to use grade book. Students and parents will easily be able to track assignments and see grades as well as teacher's web pages. Office staff will benefit from family and student records that are well-organized and useful for billing and communication. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some parts of Gradelink work independently from one another which can be a bit confusing to understand. For example, if you enter prospects into the database and those students decide to enroll, that information does not carry over to the students side. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Come up with a good migration plan during the summer and pay close attention to all the details so it is setup correctly. Train teachers and staff well and don't assume everyone understands what they are doing just because it seems simple. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Gradelink has become are school-wide database for all student and parent information. Teachers keep grade books and automatically create report cards. Office staff keeps track of all student demographic information as well as billing families and collecting payments. All admissions is handled in Gradelink including the enrollment and re-enrollment process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Phil Moffitt of Gradelink

Thank you for such a well-thought-out review, Kevin! We’re here to help with training and support at no additional charge.

Principal
What do you like best?

It is extremely easy to use and has many features which other companies charge extra to use. The help feature is great and there are video tutorials which make it easy when learning a new facet of Gradelink. I also like that parents can link multiple children accounts together for ease of use when viewing their children's information such as grades, attendance, and discipline reports. The feature to change the site into Spanish is also well utilized by one third of our parent population. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I don't like about Gradelink. If I need something done with the data and can't find a place for it, I just call Gradelink and let them know. Once enough people have that suggestion, it becomes a reality. Most of the time, Gradelink makes improvements that I didn't even realize I needed. I highly recommend Gradelink to all of my principal friends. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You will not be disappointed. The best part is that if you have trouble, their customer service folks are the best! They are patient, informative and timely in their responses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is great that I can use it to communicate with families via Smartsend Pro. We use to use a separate company as our robo call tool, but now Smartsend Pro does that and more. We have well utilized the mass email and texting features. We also use the voice option for robo calls. The best part is that it pulls directly from our Gradelink data base, so I know it is using the most up to date information. Prior to Smartsend Pro, I had to maintain a separate data base of parent information. It never failed that when I needed to send out an important message, we had not gotten around to updating changed or new phone numbers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Phil Moffitt of Gradelink

We are honored by your endorsement, Jennifer! And we love hearing how well SmartSend Pro is meeting your school’s communication needs.

AE
What do you like best?

All our essential school data in one place. Communication with parents for administration and teachers is wonderful and very easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Would like more control over setting up customizations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Need more control over designing parent/student portal as well as customizations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Central communication for emailing, text messaging and calls between staff and parents. Central data management as well as refined re-enrollment process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Phil Moffitt of Gradelink

We’re here for you, so please contact your support rep regarding the customizations you need and they’ll be happy to help.

School Technology Director
What do you like best?

We are so thankful for Gradelink. The customer service is fantastic and questions are answered quickly. When we have had issues that require more than a day to fix, they keep us updated as they work through the problem solving steps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The lesson plan functions could use some updating and there are some items that we would like to be able to customize more like our report cards. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are a small private school in Texas that has found this to be the very best SIS and all around program for our school. We see the benefit of a company that is timely with responses and is constantly updating and adding features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Phil Moffitt of Gradelink

“…the very best SIS…” Wow, thanks, Matthew! If you haven’t already, please talk with your support rep about what changes you’d like to see in Lesson Plans because we’re always looking for ways to make Gradelink even more useful.

Director of Development
What do you like best?

Gradelink provides excellent customer service! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't really have dislikes about Gradelink. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Gradelink is user friendly and economically which is hard to come by. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Phil Moffitt of Gradelink

We love that you don’t have any dislikes, Christina – and we’ll keep working hard to keep it that way!

AE
What do you like best?

Gradelink is very user friendly for teachers, administrators, office staff, and parents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's hard to find certain reports. We have also had issues with the automatic reminders being the wrong time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a very comprehensive program. It's easy to use! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mass communication, academic updates for students and parents, transcripts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Phil Moffitt of Gradelink

Our developers work hard to make Gradelink easy to use, so we appreciate your feedback. If you ever need help, support is always available at no extra charge online and by email and phone.

AE
What do you like best?

User friendly, helpful staff, teachers can access from anywhere via app, phone or computer. Parent interface, many types of reports are available. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike a think :)

However, I wish it would allow parents to log in and set up appointments with the teachers, that way, keeping everything electronic.

Would be nice if the day of the appointment, the parent, teacher and back end email gets generated to remind each person about the meeting taking place. Then would be nice if thee was a teacher to log down what the meeting was about and what the outcome/resolution was. That way, we administrators could be more informed about issues before they end up in the office.

It would also be nice to be able to input old information from previous students (Historical).

The catholic school where I work has been open since 1927 and there are tons of records that should be in some type of database. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

One of the best decisions our school made. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Parent communication, gradebook, easy to train teachers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Phil Moffitt of Gradelink

Thank you for your review and your thoughts on appointment scheduling. We get a lot of great ideas from our schools, so we always appreciate the input. Please contact your service rep about adding prior students and we’ll see what we can do to help.

School Administrator
What do you like best?

The access to Gradelink through the app is very helpful! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see a teacher/administrator app implemented as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Their customer support is very helpful! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Communication is a big asset! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Phil Moffitt of Gradelink

Glad you like the app, Carol! An app for teachers and administrators is on our to-do list, but we don’t have any release dates yet.

Social Studies Teacher
Education Management
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

I love how easy it is. I also like the very helpful technical support we receive as well as the training videos that are always available. It makes my job a lot more manageable when training new people to our school. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I Wish transcripts could be printed in groups (such as grade level) instead of having to print each individual student. At the end of the year when trying to get final transcripts to colleges OR getting information out for college applications, scholarships, etc., it would be a lot quicker. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Call and talk to Gradelink. They are very helpful and answer your questions with ease. Also, call other schools that are using Gradelink. It really helps to get direct information from users. We did when we were looking for software and those that I spoke with really praised it and the customer service they received. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am extremely happy with the parent/student interfaces. This allows parents to easily keep up with their children. I work with the administrative and teacher portals and the help I receive when needed is fantastic. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Phil Moffitt of Gradelink

We’re glad you and your students’ families find Gradelink easy to use, Barbara! Our developers work hard to keep it as simple as possible.

Technology Director
Education Management
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

Gradelink does it all, and is constantly being improved/enhanced. Their customer support is superb. The cost structure makes it a true deal when compared to other SIMS. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I could nit-pic about tweaks I would like to see programmed up, but can say that when I bring things to their attention, the changes often get made! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommend Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Gradelink is our school Student Information Management System, providing a cloud-based db of student and family demographics. Having the information online and available to all constituents (with varying access abilities) has streamlined our operations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Phil Moffitt of Gradelink

We appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review, Linda. And thanks for the recommendation!

Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

Good data! It great keep information and everything organized!!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really! I really enjoy using it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

None I can think of Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

none Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Phil Moffitt of Gradelink

We’re glad you enjoy using Gradelink, David!

UE
What do you like best?

Gradelink is extremely easy to use.i use it to communicate with parents about their children's progress. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

To make Gradelink easier, we should be able to use the up arrow to move from the top student back down to the bottom student. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Gradelink allows our school to run more efficiently, allowing more time for teaching instead of computing grades. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Phil Moffitt of Gradelink

We love hearing that Gradelink is allowing educators to spend less time clicking and more time teaching! Hmm, being able to use the arrow keys is an interesting idea.

What do you like best?

Gradlink has superior customer service, and it is very easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that we dislike about Gradelink. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend them because of their wonderful customer service and ease of use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

If there is ever an issue, because Gradelink is so wonderful at customer service, we get it resolved immediately. In fact, oftentimes, something that we could do ourselves will be done by a kind representative on the other end of the phone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Phil Moffitt of Gradelink

Customer service is a top priority for us, so we love getting reviews like yours, Brenda! Thank you!

What do you like best?

We like being able to have report cards on line, transcripts available at a click, and quick access to parent contact information. We LOVE Enrollme! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We would like to be able to have Gradelink collect our tuition and offer collections in that area. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

With the exception of the tuition/financial collections, we are very happy with Gradelink. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have basically gone paperless with Gradelink. Without Gradelink, that would not be possible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Phil Moffitt of Gradelink

We’re thrilled that Gradelink is working so well for you and has allowed you to go paperless, Kathlene! And thank you for letting us know what you’d like to see improved because it helps us with product development.

Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

While Gradelink has the ability to do everything our school needs from an online system, it is unbelievably easy to use. We have needed support so rarely, but any time we have called them, we've been taken care of quickly and well. Teachers like the gradebook's capabilities and our office appreciates the ease of using the databases. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is absolutely nothing that we dislike. We have tried three other systems and we finally have found the right one! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just get Gradelink. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have integrated our database across the campus and have begun using the medical section as well. Teachers and parents really like the gradebook side. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Phil Moffitt of Gradelink

Gotta say we love your recommendation! We’re thrilled that you’re thrilled!

AP
What do you like best?

I like the way the tech team works with you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. They are very helpful. The tech team is easy to get a hold of Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Report cards Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Phil Moffitt of Gradelink

Happy to be of assistance!

AP
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

I like that I can create my own grading scales simply. I like that the program works without technical difficulty. User friendly and videos to teach staff how to work the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to format the grade report so that I can have more options about how exactly I want to format what gets sent home to parents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

none Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Entering grades and sending them home to families Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Phil Moffitt of Gradelink

Thank you for the review. Gradelink offers a great deal of customization for reports, so please contact your service rep to see how we can help you get the format you need.