GPS Insight Reviews & Product Details

What do you like best?

One of the best things I like is the constant improving of the application. It's not just pay once and forget it, it's continual investment that I see this company put into their product. I also love the incorporation of google earth into the application. It opens up more possibilities in reporting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Realistically nothing. I think it's quick and easy. I log in and go straight to what I need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Overall it's a reliable service with accuracy and trust Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GPS insight allows to give better ETA's on deliveries and also investigate any complaints that we my have against a driver from a commuter. For example if you get a compliant that a driver was speeding you can verify that with a click of a button. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GPS Insight Overview

What is GPS Insight?

GPS Insight helps customers engage their fleet by delivering innovative solutions and actionable insights. Organizations across North America turn to GPS Insight when they are sick of high fleet operating costs, are worried about safety on the roads, and have inefficiencies that waste valuable time and money. GPS Insight offers all-encompassing fleet software for organizations with fleets of vehicles, trailers, and other mobile assets. GPS Insight provides many fleet solutions to include vehicle and asset tracking, in-cab cameras, ELD, fuel cards, and much more.

GPS Insight Details
English, Spanish

GPS Insight offers a vehicle and asset tracking solution that provides features and tools like email and text alerts, reporting functions, and more to help you manage your business.

GPS Insight offers the industry's best customer experience, putting our customers first. We also take a consultative approach in understanding your organization's challenges to ensure you get the right solution and then pair you with a Customer Success Manager to ensure your team is trained and well taken care of for your lifetime as a customer.

For the right organizations, we deliver amazing results; however, some companies might be looking for any vendor that can simply supply dots on a map and that is not us. If taking a partnership approach to solving your business challenges is important to you, could we be the right fit for you?

GPS Insight
2004
Scottsdale, AZ
@gpsinsight

GPS Insight Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the GPS Insight community
Have you used GPS Insight before?

GPS Insight Reviews

Showing 98 GPS Insight reviews
Already have GPS Insight?
What do you like best?

The weather integration is awesome!

The customer service and trouble shooting is easy.

Two Thumbs Up!

Fuel expenses logs help out with saving money .

Tracking the vans helps out with scheduling the technicians . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Would like more features on the mobile app.My gps units in the vehicles tends to drain batteries even if cars are off.They tend to drain the cars if not used for more than 5 days.Then i have to boost them to turn on .The battery life on some units is only for a couple of months so maybe a trade program would be good.Ours are hooked up to data port on our vehicles but if vehicle is not on and the unit battery is old the gps on the dash board will show not in range.

The new 360 cameras are a bit pricey plus the monthly service.Hopefully the price goes down after a year or two . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would strongly recommend Gps Insights for your tracking purposes.

It helps with fuel expenses and how to go about saving money.

Maintenance is very easy with the dashboard and the gps sends you code info for any issues on service engine lights that come up on your fleet.To help diagnose any issues.

Easy installation no need for a vehicle technician to install Just and easy plug and play unit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It saves on time and is very easy locate my 45 vehicle fleet.

Vehicle maintenance logs and reminders are very helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Executive
What do you like best?

I can see all my techs, where they're going and where they've been... The history feature is a nice addition.

I can also see traffic patterns and tell if someone is going to be late.

And the landmark feature is a must for routing techs live in the field.

There's also a lot of vehicle data that tells the status of the vehicle, the speed that it's travelling and any faults that it finds. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the coloring for landmarks needs to be fixed.

I would also like to add multiple flags that display the name of a location that might be scheduled for that day that would stand out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If keeping track of your vehicles is your main objective, I can't imagine that you'd be disappointed with this product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have faster response time because I know who's near what and can route people accordingly.

Also, in the morning I don't have to call every tech, just the ones who haven't left yet!

Plus, I always have a rough ETA on when the tech will be at his next location.

Makes scheduling much easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Network Engineer
What do you like best?

We're a regional wireless ISP, so knowing where our vehicles are is important. This allows us to know who is in what area so we can do an emergency dispatch or send another tech to a location if someone needs help. It's great knowing exactly where the vehicles are instead of relying on a directionally challenged human trying to explain what cross-street they are at. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The interface is easy to use and the API is great. I wish there were more options on the Garmin units for responses but I think that's a limitation of Garmin. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Location of our vehicles, sending dispatch and jobs to the Garmin unit in each vehicle, and allowing our techs to indicate they are done with a job. We are also using this to track mileage on vehicles for regular maintenance scheduling. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Executive Assistant
What do you like best?

We at spartan were looking for a vehicle tracker. Something to track mileage and show us where our vehicles were. With GPS insight we got what we were looking for plus so much more. Not only is it a great device but the support team behind the product is great!!!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As of right now. We have no dislikes. I wouldnt change a thing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're thinking about it. Just do it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Speed for sure has improved. The benefits we have is that we have our account linked to our insurance so we can drive safe and save :) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

HOS Manager/Operations
What do you like best?

We always know where our assets are using this software. GPS Insight very rarely has any service interruptions. Their support team is phenomenal! They will work with you until you are 100% satisfied! Once you have 100% implementation, GPS Insight pays for itself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that eFleet suite is on a separate dashboard. I also wish their was an app for eFleet suite and a more user friendly "manager' app for Insight. Also I wish the tablet/system had the capabilities for the driver to submit a picture of their signed bill of laden(s) for easier processing. Also the new camera that Insight is rolling out is very pricey compared to other companies who have the same or more features. I wish you could send routes directly to drivers phone numbers instead of the tablet, Also the messaging app needs manager updates, such as being able to start a message within the app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

GPS Insight up front cost are pretty steep, but in the end it definitely worth it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Safety ratings are up! We conform to log requirements! We can easily book other loads for our drivers with the google map features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Support is often easy to reach, very knowledgeable, and gives the time to work with you as the situation requires. Device installations were simple to self-install. Co-terminus contracts are great for any company that expects to expand before renewal comes around. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Billing and invoicing aren't the clearest and may cause confusion with your accounting. This occurs when the prepayment is applied but not given a line item on the invoice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

While we started with the need to track vehicles and equipment for payroll and security, the diagnostic information and maintenance logging helped our mechanics adjust routine maintenance schedules and know sooner when issues arise. This gives us less downtime caused by maintenance and repair. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AT
What do you like best?

when asking a question or requesting help the communication with the staff is always professional and prompt. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

when requesting a quote on a product, I receive multiple emails requesting signatures even after the sales associate and I have discussed not continuing with said product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

GPS Insight makes the entire process extremely easy. They have a dedicated person assigned to you account for every step of the way up to and including the day to day operations. I highly recommend GPS Insight. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to monitor a fleet that spans the panhandle of Florida in real time allowing me to maximize our profits through asset management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AT
What do you like best?

There is NOTHING about this product that I like. There are no upsides to using GPS Insight. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Everything, Difficult to navigate, portal not user friendly, screen layout is ridiculously large, mileage in system does not match dash mileage. Poor tablet/dock design creates TOO MANY undocks and redocks from vehicle riding down the road. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

None. Creates more work than it solves. We were told it would provide reports regarding driver safety and other performance measures that it DOES NOT. We were told it would provide accurate mileage by state report and it DOES NOT. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Service Director
What do you like best?

The customizable alerts and the option to track service history have been very valuable. The overall reporting customization and power is fantastic. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's not a lot to dislike. The only disappointment I have had was when our company's WEX fuel cards were transitioned to WEX/QT Fleetmaster cards, the fuel tracking did not stay aligned, and we lost that avenue for information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Evaluate what you need and what level of reporting and support you desire. Also look at what will tie into the tracking pieces (i.e. fuel cards or service software) that you are currently using. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use it to see where our techs are and to help us make good decisions about where to dispatch them next. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AT
What do you like best?

Trouble free.. If there are issues, they are quickly resolved Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I cant think of anything I dislike, Except I wish we had them on all vehicles. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be fore choosing GPS Insight I tried at least 2 other Tracking Companies. After trying GPS Insight and seeing the ease of install, the durability, ease of reports, and especially the support that is offered I have never been disappointed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeping up with Equipment location 24x7. We are able to keep up with IFTA Mileage. Keep track of truck Locations and Time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Safewty Coordinator
What do you like best?

Our account Manager he is always willing and goes above and beyond his service in helping us stay compliant on our E-Logs. Very professional, Friendly humbled Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far we have not experienced anything that I can put on the NEGATIVE list. Every Transaction and Problems has been solved in a professional and efficient matter. So far we have no complaints about our service that we receive from our Account Manager & HOS Technical Support Department Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend GPS Insight to anyone in the Motorcoach (Bus) business that needs to be compliant with the ELD System. I promise you that you will receive the best experience of your life and you will enjoy working with the GPS Insight staff. They are always there 24 hours 7 days a week. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Speeding Violations, Being on time, Driver Accountability Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

US & Border Crossing Ops GM
What do you like best?

The reporting capabilities are awesome... there is nothing we have not been to report out of the system Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

User interface could use some improvement; they are actually revamping it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Over the road truck tracking and reporting Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

We have been with GPS insight for some time now and love all the features including the mobile app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No dislikes at this time that come to mind Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try it will be worth the time and effort to change over work with your rep to implement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Vehicle maintenance is super easy and great to keep track of the fleet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Network Engineer / Systems Administrator
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to request and then receive and install new tracking units. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Billing seems to be inconsistent, and the totals don't always add up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We use these devices with minimal services, and that still comes with a lot of services. There is a much more robust environment of integrating with asset tracking for maintenance, costs, history, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using these devices to hold our drivers accountable for their time, as well as their driving habits. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Co-Owner
Accounting
What do you like best?

We appreciate the customer service from GPS Insight the most. Problems will occur with any technology, and the service provided after the sale and installation has been great from GPS Insight. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We are located in a rural area in Nebraska, and it is difficult occasionally to get installs completed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very good service after the sale! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to comply with federal regulation with GPS units and e-Logs. Our managers are also able to track trucks much more closely than before. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AB
What do you like best?

I love that a customer can call and ask where the delivery truck is and I can pull it up and tell them automatically without having to call the driver. I can see idle times, if my drivers are speeding, if they are stopped somewhere other than where they should be and for how long. I can track mileage, fuel, etc. I have even pulled up maps to make sure that the drivers were using the quickest delivery route instead of going the long way and wasting time to get more hours. It is a wonderful tool for businesses with one or more trucks delivering on the road. It also helps us to keep current records for DOT compliance like drivers hours, lunch breaks, and also service records. I know when to have my vehicles serviced for oil changes and for fuel filters, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything I dislike about GPS Insight. I would not want to go back to the old system of manually tracking everything like mileage, hours, fuel usage or taking my drivers word that they are somewhere when they are in fact not there. This is an accountability tool as well because the drivers know that they can't play the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need to track idle time, mileage speed, routes etc then this is the software for you! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can track where my driver is and see how long he has to wait at stops before being unloaded. I make sure that they do not take the long way and that they aren't idle for longer than they should be at a gas station for instance. The benefits are great for business like mine. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Division Manager
What do you like best?

I love being able to track the drivers and see their speed. I can also go back and review exactly where they have been and what they have been doing. The platform is easy to navigate and I also like being able to pull up the app on my phone Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don;t know that there is anything I don't like. Overall the program is good and easy for people. I feel like anyone with any skill level would be able to take care of this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have been able to use it to see where our fleet is. And give customers a better idea of when the driver will be there with their product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Key Client Success Manager, Channel
What do you like best?

The ease of use and reliability is the best part of GPS Insight. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are so many features I probably am not even using which isn't necessarily a dislike - but if I had to mention something it would be that I'm not aware of the full functionality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can easily track all of my drivers, idle times, etc. It has helped cut expenses where we didn't even realize. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Accounting Manager
What do you like best?

The customer service is impeccable. Phone calls are answered on the first ring and there is always a person on the other end who will take the time to walk you through solving your problem, no matter how long it takes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would love if the cost was less, but, in no way, do I feel like we are not getting our money's worth.

They only real issue is that pulling reports for date ranges other than single months or up to the current date are difficult. It isn't often I need information outside of these ranges, but it can be an inconvenience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They fulfill their promises and provide a product that works. Issues have been minimal and have always been corrected quickly and efficiently. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We know where our assets are. We conform to log requirements. We how safely our drivers are driving and how they are using our equipment. It is particularly when a customer has taken a truck without informing the office staff that they are picking it up. We are able to ensure that it was taken by the correct customer and gone where we expect it to go. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Evelyn Lawson of GPS Insight

Neil,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We appreciate you!

Always here to help, GPS Insight

Owner
What do you like best?

GPS Insight turned out to be a good solution for sending daily routing info to our technicians, and for monitoring their locations. It is hard to say which part I like best. Although, I do like that I can use the Activity Detail Report and review where our Techs were days, weeks, months ago, and how long they were there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike is that when using the Activity Detail Reporting Tool to check past locations the tool is cumbersome. For instance: Today is February 14. If I want to see where a truck/employee was on February 1, the tool automatically selects all of the days in between the 1st and 14th. In order to get rid all of those days, I have to individually select each day I don't want to see. This becomes more of an issue, if we are trying to verify a location that is several months in the past. It seems as there would be a simple fix for this. The best solution would make so a person could select the days they want to review, the same way that they you select info in most computer programs/apps. In theory, that would enable the user to select several specific days or sections of days, without them needing to muddle through info they are not looking for. Take the example above for instance. It would be nice to be able to select either a date range (i.e. say, February 1st through 4th, without getting everything up to the 14th) or alternatively/additionally (February 1st, 4th, and 8th). It seems like this would both speed up the program, as well as clean up the report. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Good tracking and routing software Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In general it has helped with employee efficiency. It also helps if we need to verify locations, or time spent on a job. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Evelyn Lawson of GPS Insight

Michael,

Thank you for your review! I have shared it with your Customer Success Manager. We appreciate your business! Always here to help,

GPS Insight

Safety Manager
What do you like best?

If I have a question or problem someone gets to it right away. They take the time to understand what the problem is and then explain to me what is going on. They are always so patient with my questions and explain things so that I can understand what my driver need to do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Can't really think of anything except maybe more training before we started. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We weren't sure about GPS when we first started. We had never used Electronic Logs before so really didn't know what to expect. However GPS has worked out great. It took us a while to learn and in fact we are still learning. Our drivers find it easy to use. It has helped with the accuracy of our logs tremendously. Very glad we made the choice of GPS Insight. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We know what our drivers are doing in real time. That helps us to plan future loads and keep up with any possible log violations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Evelyn Lawson of GPS Insight

Sharon, We love you too! Thank you for your review. Always here to help, GPS Insight

Office Manager
What do you like best?

The customer service for one is great. They help you whenever you have questions or concerns. Ordering the equipment, scheduling of their recommendation to install and setting up were all amazingly easy! There are so many reports you can pull, whether it be one vehicle or many vehicles. You can check on vehicles locations every 3 minutes. If a call comes in you can send the closest service tech there instead of guessing who is closest. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far, there is nothing I dislike. My only problem was getting all of our jobs sites in the computer.

I am still learning different sections every day. I would like to see one day that it would integrate into our scheduling program. And that with a click of a button once everything was scheduled it would let you optimize that list of calls. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to improve your cost per call or job, this is the program to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving our labor costs. We can now see how long our service techs are staying at our job sites to complete a job, and adjusting our prices accordingly. It also shows us where we are not routing our jobs efficiently. Keeps us from going from the east side of the county to the west side then back east, then north and then west and back south. Not only saves on fuel, maintenance and insurance, but on labor!!. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Evelyn Lawson of GPS Insight

Faith,

Thank you for your review. We are happy you are pleased and enjoying the savings! Always here to help, GPS Insight

AC
What do you like best?

We really like the ability to track the trucks, to tie the mileage etc. to the ability to maintain our vehicles and the ability to really keep track of things. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much - I think the system works well. WE just don't use it to the fullest extent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great software. I would recommend using the GPS implementation team Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Maintenance and keeping the trucks onb the road. Efficiency of operating the vehicles and people. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

We like the ease of use from the online portal to the app. Our foreman's are able to see where other crews are located. We also love the landmark reports, it is very easy to pull up a customers landmark if the foreman forgets to clock into a job or doesn't clock out, were able to see when the crew leaves. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

One dislike about the GPS system is the units lose power sometimes and requires a new one. Most of the time when this happens it is our fault from a truck battery dying or not using the truck in our off season. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try, it is the easiest system to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving employee time thief. Before we had GPS Insight, we had issues with employees going to the gas station 3+ times a day for snacks and going to a fast food place for lunch but now with this, we made landmarks for most gas stations and fast food places. We are able to run a report whenever we want or need and question employees and possibly deduct from an employees wage. Before GPS Insight, some of our customers claimed we are not providing lawn cutting service for a certain day and because "the customer is always right" we had to credit them. Now we are able to pull up the customers landmark report and email it to them for proof. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Evelyn Lawson of GPS Insight

Chris,

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your business and your feedback. Always here to help, GPS Insight

General Manager
What do you like best?

The tracking is perfect for our needs. I can see where all of my trucks are at all times. It has helped us keep track of our crews and be more productive. GPS Insight has saved our company of 18 employees at least $10,000 in wages because we are able to track exactly where our employees are at instead of just relying on their word... The staff has been excellent with communication, even when we were given a new account representative. Our new rep contacted me directly to introduce himself and ask if there was any way he could help us out. It has been just what we needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing that I dislike about the product or the service at this time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't delay. Get GPS Insight right now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have saved a lot of money in wages that we were paying to our employees when they said they were working but in reality, they were on their lunch break. We have been able to track this precisely and save over $10,000. We have also been able to see exactly where crews or technicians are so that we can more efficiently route their days or dispatch them to emergency service calls that arise. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Evelyn Lawson of GPS Insight

Jeff,