GoToConnect (formerly Jive) Reviews & Product Details

GoToConnect (formerly Jive) Overview

What is GoToConnect (formerly Jive)?

GoToConnect combines Jive's VoIP phone systems with GoToMeeting's web, audio and video conferencing into one simple Unified Communications platform (Voice, Video, and Contact Center). For as low as $19.95 a month, GoToConnect eliminates the hassle and expense of managing multiple collaboration solution providers.

GoToConnect (formerly Jive) Details

GoToConnect (formerly Jive) provides enterprise-grade Hosted VoIP and Unified Communications to businesses and institutions.

LogMeIn
$1,260
@LogMeIn
4,150 employees on LinkedIn®
Description

LogMeIn is a leading provider of on-demand, remote-connectivity and support solutions to small businesses, IT service providers and consumers.

Businesses and IT service providers use LogMeIn's solutions to deliver remote end-user support and to access and manage computers and other Internet-enabled devices more effectively and efficiently. Consumers and mobile workers use our solutions to access computer resources remotely, thereby facilitating their mobility and increasing their productivity.

Our solutions, which are deployed on-demand and accessible through a Web browser, are secure, scalable and easy for our customers to try, purchase and use. Since our inception, our users have connected over 60 million computers and other Internet-enabled devices to a LogMeIn service.

LogMeIn's software-as-a-service suite of solutions includes capabilities for on-demand customer support of PCs, smartphones and other devices, systems administration, remote access, remote control, file-sharing, virtual private networking, data back-up and online meeting.

GoToConnect (formerly Jive) Videos

GoToConnect (formerly Jive) Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the GoToConnect (formerly Jive) community
Have you used GoToConnect (formerly Jive) before?

GoToConnect (formerly Jive) Reviews

Showing 490 GoToConnect (formerly Jive) reviews
Ratings (1)
Already have GoToConnect (formerly Jive)?
What do you like best?

I love the ease and convenience of the product. As a reseller, it makes it easy to have plug and play setup. Having customers based thousands of miles away from me, it is nice to know that the setup can be remote. GoToConnect onboarding teams are great. They make the onboarding process simple and easy.

I love that customers have options. Physical phones, soft phones, or even apps on a cell phone all work to keep you connected to your customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

While I understand that prices have to change based on market demand, no one likes it when prices increase - even if it is a very small amount, no one like to see it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am working with a number of different companies in different verticals - primarily healthcare and education.

In healthcare, we have been able to use this system to conduct telehealth appointments. In education, we have been able to use the system to facilitate distance learning. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in GoToConnect (formerly Jive)
G2
What do you like best?

The Dial Plan Editor was the cats meow. Finally, a WYSIWYG editor for call flow. I can easily add and remove users and their extensions. Since the application works with voip phones, in a web browser, as an computer application and on mobile devices, I can support my users wherever they are. Since all the options are available to every user, I don't need to worry about additional cost when someone wants to use GoToConnect on their mobile device. The administration user interface for GoToConnect is so intuitive that I am teaching my HR administrator to do the set up of individuals and extensions. Since there is no local hardware, individuals could take their desksets home and they would work just as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It required customer service to enforce SSO. There are some restrictions on the Router Brand and Model that do not make sense to me. I ordered the recommended rackmount network router from GoToConnect, but when it arrived it came without the rackmount components and I was told they are never sold that way despite have rackmount and desktop versions of the same router to purchase. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

After installing GoToConnect at my business I also recommended it to my church. It has been just as successful in a much smaller, less technical environment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our Asterisk server crashed and we need to have the flexibility to manage our own phones without having to manage hardware. We tried using another hosted solution, but they were unable to keep up with the dynamic nature of our business and required additional cost for each feature on each extension. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Principal
What do you like best?

Great onboarding and very user friendly system dashboard to be able to create, change and manage all aspects of our communications. I use them for 2 different companies that use the service in different ways and they always perform well above my expectations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

To do call recordings, you have to connect to an Amazon AWS S3 bucket and dealing with Amazon was a painful process, so I hope they change to their own storage for call recordings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes, Jive has done a great job from onboarding to ongoing support. They are always accessible and provide the right solution at the right time. Then they always follow up with knowledge-based articles or they actually send me the proper steps to walk through a process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We had a traditional on premise phone switch and it was getting old as well as the expensive to support. We compared replacing the on premise with cloud phone systems and it was clear the amount of savings and flexibility would be to go with a cloud-based system. We evaluated a few Cloud phone providers and Jive was by far the winner based on price, feature set, and ease of use. One benefit beyond those listed above was that we are able to get local numbers for all our clients located throughout the US, so their clients could dial a local number and it is all easily routed to our reps - awesome simplicity! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Excellent set of phone system features, Communication center is top notch in terms of features and migration via the account management team was assisted very well as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Would like to see more features being added more frequently, getting customer support over the phone means a long wait in the queue to talk to someone on the phone for any problems you might have. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure to go through all the required training and work with the account setup manager step by step to get everything done correctly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were moving a very old on-prem phone system with about 250 phones and extensions to a new cloud based system without a large IT team, We were able to successfully transfer over everything from another large communications provider to GotoConnect and save a large amount of money on a monthly basis. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer Service Representative
What do you like best?

It is really functional, standard features for voice calls include a variety of call management services (e.g. caller ID, call routing, as well as an auto attendant, virtual fax, call recording, and call forwarding). There are also dashboards and analytics to make it easy to see how the service is being used and how well calls are being handled. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No complaints about the app itself but their customer support can be improved. There have been a couple of times when I had to wait long on the line. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you live in UK using GotoConnect for international calls is more affordable than your local landline. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We’ve been using Voip services for international calls for a long time but after corona lockdowns started we needed an app that would also let us have video meetings. That's when GotoConnect came to the rescue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It has so many features and a great dashboard to help you achieve what you need to do for your company. We were able to easily answer our phones off-site while the pandemic was occurring. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, it is hard to stay logged in if you have multiple LogMeIn accounts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Please keep adding easy to use functions. One nice thing would be to be able to have a wizard that would walk you through changing a user so you dont miss anything. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to stay flexible with who answers the phone and how the dial plan works. We are able to easily set up new employees and delete people when they leave. We have international and remote workers that can also be used in the same system as if we were all in Colorado. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Support Technician
What do you like best?

The quick and easy setup for a transition from another provider. The process normally takes about 60 days to complete the transition. The team I worked with had the translation period cut down to 30 days. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I have found that I disliked it the option to have a customized ring tone for the phones that we have. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My recommendation when switching to GoToConnect is to do your part of the transition as quickly as possible. This is how we cut the transition time down to 30 days from talking to a sales rep to going live. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We used to have over 50 pots lines for communication between four locations. We are now under 3 phone numbers and can easily reach anyone in the company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

We have been with Jive (GoToConnect) for over 2 years. They have great customer service. I was worried when LogMeIn purchased Jive, but they have continued the great service that I grew to love. The PBX is simple to use, anyone could do it. We transitioned from our on premise solution to their VOIP service. It is wonderful! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. They have been a great partner since the beginning! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have solved our telephone needs. We moved from an on premise solution to this VOIP solution. It is much cheaper then the on premise solution we had through our local phone company. We have also solved our work from home problems with GoToConnect. Anyone can now work from home! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is very feature rich and allows great flexibility for end users to control their method of cantact Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A few things needs cleaned up and adding favorites could be easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The GoTo team is amazing and they really bring the service home and want you to succeed. From our POC to full implementation they never missed a beat and have made this experience one of the smoothest deployments we have ever had. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We needed a more modern phone system that could flex for a remote workforce and this fits the bill. Users can really take their office phone anywhere Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The Dashboard layout is easy to navigate and very intuitive. Migration from Ring Central and other vendors to Jive for us was a wonderful experience. it made our M&A process very simple. I also like the Price point of desk phones and service fees. There are no hidden fees that make Jive /goto connect a very affordable solution to deploy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The Dashboard flow can be a little better. It would be nice to see all the attributes for the user on a single page. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

For us the timing worked out perfectly as we were going through M&A we had multiple vendors and integration was becoming a complex process. Jive simplified and we got all the features we were looking for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AT
What do you like best?

Jive's Technical Support Team

The best aspect of Jive is their 24/7 support team. When you have issues with your phones, immediate support is a must have and you get that with Jive. There Technicians are able to remotely access your computer in a support environment and this allows them to really assess the ongoing issues.

The second aspect of Jive that I think should be highlighted is that you get all kinds of features at the standard price and you're not nickle and dimed. If you really want to get the most out of a phone system, Jive allows you to do that without picking up additional costs. There are a lot of platforms with a small upfront price but by the time you have setup your PBX you have doubled your bill because you used basic features like Auto Attendants and Virtual Faxes.

Integrations is also something that Jive seems eager to assist with. Even with cases where they don't have a known integration, their support team will often work with whatever integration you're interested in to see if they can make it happen!

Jive is arguably the simplest PBX I have worked in.

I also find a lot of value in the ease of which you can order new Phone numbers and then track the stats of those numbers. You could manage the efficiency of dozens of marketing programs at once at virtually no cost. Exact information as to how many people called based off of your promoted number. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Jive's implementation can be challenging. If the Admin doesn't take the time to learn Jive's system, they won't be able to effectively manage it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great, simple PBX for companies that may not need every available advanced feature but still want a fairly robust platform Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Jive has allowed our office to work remotely in light of the Covid 19 Crisis. We use the GoToConnect feature for both video communication and mobile communication. On both desktop and mobile devices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

I’ve used multiple VoIP services and GoToConnect has the easiest back end configuration of any of them. It’s also super reliable, which would have been a deal breaker if that wasn’t the case. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are a few configuration options I would have liked to seen. Also, the iPhone app is ok, but not great. It would be great to be able to switch the phone system to “closed” from a mobile app, instead of having to use a browser. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Compare the total cost of the service. Prior VoIP advertised rates = to Jive, but the added fees ballooned it significantly higher. Jive’s fees are much more reasonable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our staff can work from anywhere. We also don’t have to pay a vendor to configure the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the flexibility of GoToConnect. It allows me to set up telecommunications in a way that is best for my business. My business is more productive because of them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more documentation on automation and things that can help me automate my business. I would really like to have more integrations with other services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can have my phone/fax/text messaging all under one service all while having it routed to the correct person based on schedule. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

That I can manage calls from my desktop or from the app Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to customize the automatic texts I can send to the caller from the desktop dashboard. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's easy to use with excellent tech support Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

When out of the actual office, our calls and voicemails are easier to manage than before GoTO Connect. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The previous company we did our VOIP with charged us the same price per user but then they charged extra for added features. GoToConnect includes all of those added features in the base price. We love how intuitive the PBX system is. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

With a lot of our team working from home lately we have found that sometimes the mobile app doesn't ring and it causes our callers to go straight to voicemail. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The mobile app has allowed our employees to remain efficient while working from home during this pandemic. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Easy to administer through web portal. Lots of flexibility for call handling. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Had some complexity to log in to different aspects initially. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They worked to help configure the system. The only part which is not easy to manage is the number transfer from old provider. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Big cost savings with more features. Needed to move a single line shared into a cloud based format and off a legacy system that was costing too much. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Jive offers easy flexibility to arrange phone systems to fit your particular needs, and we appreciate the technical support by phone when it's been needed. The pricing and the ability to scale as we grow is great! Early on there was a concern raised by an in-house technical advisor who had not heard of Jive. The worry was that this was a new company that might fail and leave us stranded. Jive has not let us down and continues to serve our business needs! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The GoToConnect phone app is a little glitchy sometimes (we've experienced a few missed calls that showed missed calls but did not ring) but we know the app is being upgraded continual and trust it will improve over time. We also learned that individual smartphones and the GoToConnect phone app both need to be on the newest versions to work without issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take advantage of tech support when needed and make sure your internet connection is solid if using VoIP phones. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Since we had to suddenly shift our office personnel to work remotely, setting up the office phones to ring on cell phones and managing call queues remotely has been an overall positive experience. The ability to transition smoothly has been huge. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Fashion Production Coordinator
What do you like best?

The Sales Representative Jordan was very patient with our company despite us postponing over and over again the contract signing date as we kept pushing our moving date further. When we finally agree to sign contract, he still offered me 2 months free!

Their on-boarding team was very supportive throughout the whole process, Chris taught me to use the PBX admin and all the features with ease. He went into a lot of details with the Dial Plan and even created a basic plan for me to improve on later!

Their support team helped us a lot when we encounter problems, patiently working with me despite our new office having a lot of internet connectivity problems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the phones we received couldn't automatically connect to the DHCP server which the support never explained why so because of that some of our employees couldn't use their phones for 2 weeks and was forced to use their cell phones to call their clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Jive app really helped us especially during this difficult time to use our office phones through their simple app to call our clients with no problems as some of our employees don't want to use their personal phones for that purpose Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

B2B Lead Generation | B2C Lead Generation | Social Media Management | Social Media Ad Managemen| PR
Management Consulting
What do you like best?

Jive is super easy to set up, configure, and maintain. It's a very powerful communication tool that easily replaced our PBX system. Customer service/Help Line staff are fantastic. They stuck with us from onboarding thru today. Whenever we call with an issue, we are always able to speak with someone who is helpful, positive, and knowledgable. Making changes to the system has a very short learning curve and the user interface for the call flow tool is amazing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That we hadn't switched sooner. LOL. Seriously though, the user documentation can be a little difficult to navigate, but by using the search features and having a little patience, you can find what you need. Also, like with any VOiP system, if you're having network/hardware issues, then your Jive service is down too. I also wish that we could place calls on hold and anyone could pick the call up from any phone. We use the call park feature as a workaround, but it's a little tedious.And if I wanted to be extra picky, I wish that we could change the robo voice that is integrated into the system. She's a little creepy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Switch now. You'll save money, save time, and increase the efficiency of communication for your company both internally and externally. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Jive allows easy, efficient call handling and provides multiple conduits for our customers to reach the employee who can best serve their needs. Our customers have expressed appreciation with our ability to route their calls and the ease of obtaining assistance after hours. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.