GoToConnect (formerly Jive) Reviews & Product Details

GoToConnect (formerly Jive) Overview

What is GoToConnect (formerly Jive)?

GoToConnect combines Jive's VoIP phone systems with GoToMeeting's web, audio and video conferencing into one simple Unified Communications platform (Voice, Video, and Contact Center). For as low as $19.95 a month, GoToConnect eliminates the hassle and expense of managing multiple collaboration solution providers.

GoToConnect (formerly Jive) Details

GoToConnect (formerly Jive) provides enterprise-grade Hosted VoIP and Unified Communications to businesses and institutions.

LogMeIn
$1,260
@LogMeIn
4,150 employees on LinkedIn®
Description

LogMeIn is a leading provider of on-demand, remote-connectivity and support solutions to small businesses, IT service providers and consumers.

Businesses and IT service providers use LogMeIn's solutions to deliver remote end-user support and to access and manage computers and other Internet-enabled devices more effectively and efficiently. Consumers and mobile workers use our solutions to access computer resources remotely, thereby facilitating their mobility and increasing their productivity.

Our solutions, which are deployed on-demand and accessible through a Web browser, are secure, scalable and easy for our customers to try, purchase and use. Since our inception, our users have connected over 60 million computers and other Internet-enabled devices to a LogMeIn service.

LogMeIn's software-as-a-service suite of solutions includes capabilities for on-demand customer support of PCs, smartphones and other devices, systems administration, remote access, remote control, file-sharing, virtual private networking, data back-up and online meeting.

GoToConnect (formerly Jive) Videos

GoToConnect (formerly Jive) Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the GoToConnect (formerly Jive) community
Have you used GoToConnect (formerly Jive) before?

GoToConnect (formerly Jive) Reviews

Showing 102 GoToConnect (formerly Jive) reviews
Ratings (1)
Already have GoToConnect (formerly Jive)?
Picture Framer/Website Manager
What do you like best?

I really like the simple layout. It's easy to use, and intuitive. Most of the time it works great and has helped our process become much smoother. We have been able to dramatically improve our workflow by creating call groups and dial plans. Doing live transfers is easy and has allowed us to improve our customer experience (when it works). I love being able to monitor calls and have it automatically record. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We have experienced increasing number of bugs:

-Some users will not hear incoming calls. Have to occasionally refresh the page/app to get it to work again.

-Sometimes it does not accurately display other users' statuses (online, do not disturb). Must refresh the page.

-Calls often get disconnected or dropped while trying to transfer a customer internally to another department. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our goal was to be able to successfully take incoming calls and transfer them to the correct departments. It worked well at first, and still works alright, but we are experiencing errors frequently, to the point where we are considering moving to another platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It's a great option when working from home and having all calls forwarded to my laptop, so I don't have to use my cell. It's really easy to use and very intuitive, no learning curve. Voicemails appear right away and you can see your call history in an easy list view if you miss a call. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's dependent on your wifi, so if you have any issues with your internet connection (even a little blip), you will have issues on your call. The other major issue is the microphone. Sometimes I'm very echo-y for people on the other line. It's hard to distinguish whether my headset microphone is used or laptop microphone, and while this is probably user error, it's not easy to fix this when you place a call. Sometimes the microphone options change, and again, probably user error, but can be frustrating. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I definitely recommend rather than using your personal phone. I'm unfamiliar with other platforms, and would be open to exploring those for my organization is I were the decision maker for this product. Would just make sure your have a good internet connection! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Having call forwarded to this line is much easier than giving my cell phone number out to all of my customers! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Jive's up time is great. They GUI to build phone trees is awesome and easy to use. I love the drag and drop use of setting up the automated phone tree and the ease of seeing the decision making as you are building it. Deployment is easy when you lease the phones from Jive. The phones come configured and ready to go. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The system is very clunky at times. There are many times when I have made changes and they hang. I have to call support to have them pushed through. This usually occurs when pushing out a new system and making a lot of changes all at once. I have also had the issue when I am moving users between phones so they don't have to move the phone. The soft phone app is greatly improved. The mobile app drags on your battery, but is very good. They do not stay on top of firmware, so certain features on phones you buy may not work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Lease your phones. The system works best with the phones Jive sells. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to order a phone and have it be deploy ready is a huge plus. Saves time of my project team. The biggest benefit is not having to install and place a PBX on site and maintain software and hardware as is the case with a traditional PBX. Faxing also works well. It allows the individual to have a personal fax line as well as set up corporate wide faxing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Systems Engineer
GoToConnect (formerly Jive)
What do you like best?

Easily connect my phone to my work number through their app Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes their app can be buggy, disconnecting or not receiving all the calls or texts right away. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has made work phone usage better, I can easily work from home and not miss any important calls. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Product Manager
What do you like best?

Jive is a good VOIP service. It can be added to Xlite or SoftPhone for usage. It can also be used with a hardphone Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish they had their own UI and mobile application. It would be great to take with you when you are away. The Voicemail feature is also not the best. You get email recordings and it would be great if you got the transcription with it so you can just read it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Jive is an awesome product for small businesses and is very cost effective. It plugs into different softphones and even hardphones Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Jive for our phone lines. This is used to conduct business both external facing clients and internal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UT
What do you like best?

I like the fact that it has a VOIP feature that you can easily use. You can also create a contact and search it. It also have history and voicemail tabs. You can also send sms to your contacts or even in a number that is not saved on your contacts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the part that it has a history but you cannot edit the history. Also I find the history tab a little unorganized. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend Jive if you are looking for a VOIP tool. It's very easy to navigate and use. It also have free useful features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Since it's very easy to use, it helps us in our time management. It also helps me to easily monitor my mailbox. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Technician
What do you like best?

Having Jive was a huge burden removed from our old PBX/RPI service. We cut costs in half, maintained our core services, and greatly reduced our time spent managing the backend. Originally the web client ran poorly on our aging Core 2 machines but since the introduction of the desktop client it has improved dramatically. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The number transfer process wasn't the simplest. This had a lot to do with our previous provider but I was really sweating it at one point in the process because of a lack of communication. You aren't allowed to be transferred to a number transfer agent on the support line. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Keep an eye on specials and promotions. When my company made the switch we saved extra by bundling GoToMeeting with Jive. Since LogMeIn's acquisition of Jive they have been more aggressive with their pricing and features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

By switching to Jive we have removed many bottlenecks in our LAN (our ancient IP phones). Having a desktop client that works better than our old phones has made our customer service reps more productive. The work anywhere nature of Jive has allowed many executive users to take calls "from the office" from the comfort of anywhere they choose. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

Customer support - A friendly human always picks up when you call! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes in VOIP funky things will happen (like callers can hear you and you can't hear them), you are tied to maintaining software updates for your hardware. This is just part of VOIP, not a JIVE specific issue, and really just the reality in a VOIP environment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We grew from a business where only 3-5 people needed to answer the phone to 15 different people - and taking messages on paper or a central VM was costly. Jive allowed us to have a better phone solution than most large corporations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AF
What do you like best?

I am absolutely in love with their support team. Not only will they stay on the phone with you until the issue is resolved, they follow up with customers via email to make sure the issue is truly resolved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

One of my least favorite things about Jive is that it constantly disconnects from the internet (even with a hard wired connection) when not using the app that is in Beta mode. Hopefully this is an issue they will resolve in the future. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Jive has allowed us to save money and continue to work remotely. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Specialist
What do you like best?

We have just recently moved into a new building and moved all of our users into the building. It was very easy to bring the phones in, plug them in, and get our users working right away. We did have one issue with a setting on our router, but Jive's technical support was able to resolve it quickly and get us back online. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We do miss the traditional benefits of a PBX system where additional users that only do internal calling can be added on at no additional cost on the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a solution for a technical support department, regardless of the size, Jive has tools that are included, or available to add on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With the Jive Application on our SmartPhones, we don't have to be tied to a desk or even the office to use the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account Executive
What do you like best?

I like the dashboard that I downloaded onto my Mac. Everything is in one place - phone calls, IM chats, etc. It also makes it much easier to take calls from my computer or cell phone vs. my desk phone when I'm not in the office. That way, my clients can easily reach me when I'm working remotely. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing yet, all has been very good so far! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's great for people that work remotely. Your clients won't have to worry about what number they need to contact you at because you can easily answer your desk phone from anywhere! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Property Manager
Real Estate
What do you like best?

I like the way I can change the call prompters when we miss a call. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that we don't have an intercom system within the phone. Sometimes the Kitchen is too noise and they are unable to hear the phone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great phone and service. I am very happy with making the switch from ATT to Jive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Great phone to have easy to use and program to your liking. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Operations
What do you like best?

We had crackling and dropped calls with another VOIP provider. That all went away with Jive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Jive has been somewhat difficult to contact with the few problems we have had. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They are a screaming deal. Jive takes care of all the essentials while saving you money and headaches. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Clearer phone calls, lower bills, easier call mapping. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Assistant
What do you like best?

We launched Jive for our new phone system its pretty cool you don't use phones everything is On the PC Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Still learning the new system we have a door bell and we used our old phone to buzz people in on this system we haven't figured out how to do that as yet., Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Transferring calls and adding a new call Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

When I am able to get through they provide very helpful information that I can understand. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is hard to get into contact with customer service at times. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I had somethings i needed done like a virtual fax number installed and they helped walk me through the process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UT
What do you like best?

Customer service is a huge plus at Jive. We are a large customer and they are top notch with this area. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I dislike. As a large customer, there were some technical deficiencies at the beginning, but with time, that has all been ironed out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Quality is not quite what you will get out of your PBX, but the ease of use is there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Benefits are all cable related. Not having to move everyone with a punch down tool and wiring. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that it has a text feature. It also has a separate app for it not just the web app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I hate that it has a lot of bugs. It restarts all the time and it is laggy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ask for support when it lags. I hope Jive fixes the bugs. Either way, it is a good tool since it's not that expensive yet it has a texting feature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps us comminicate with candidates with ease and no extra charges. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AA
What do you like best?

I like that Jive gives you a circuit board aesthetic that allows you to visibly create the structure of your phone system in your space. It’s user friendly, and the Jive staff are very helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The cost. Jive could be more economical without trying to incentivize you by adding lines. I don’t love that the app will ask you to log into a desktop version to make minor systems changes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Distance communication and mobile integration. Jive’s app is clean and can be used on mobile devices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Technology
What do you like best?

Before we switched to a VOIP phone system, I reviewed 7 other providers. I was tired of the a la cart pricing scemes, because it was going to be a pain to manage. Jive makes it to where everyone can have as little or as many features as I want them to, which makes management so much easier. Making the transition was great. You get a dedicated team that makes sure to get you answers. The system itself is so easy to use, I was able to set up most of it myself, even though the team was there to help if I needed them to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are a couple of key features that need to be added. Right now transfer doesn't have a tone, so that's really annoying to my users. Our other phone system had an option to have calls within the system auto pickup to intercom, JIVE doesn't have this. Quite honestly my boss almost had us cancel our service due to this because it puts a lot more work back on the receptionist. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Catalouge a day of phones use for receptionists, and make sure the nuances of the features are to your liking. They are young and growing but will get there now that Logmein is behind them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

All three of our offices are connected. People can use their cell phone and make it look like it's coming from in the office. I can edit our portal easily without having to pay a firm thousands of dollars to do it for me. It's a vast improvement from what we had, but a little bummed about the lack of auto pickup to intercom within the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

Easy to manage your account and telephone lines, run reports and see in real-time what you need to. Good value for the price. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Customer service and technical support process is not as organized as it needs to be, wait times are long and too many people get involved on an issue and then drop the ball. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Out of the VoIp services out there Jive is more reasonably priced with no long term commitment. If you are not tech savy the least bit you will be frustrated with them. It is really a system meant for the end user to manage all aspects of of use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My clients are able to forward spoof their telephones number to assigned Jive numbers I have so that I can answer their calls and call out to their clients without their clients seeing a strange telephone number. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AL
What do you like best?

Technical support. I have called numerous times which seemingly basic questions and tech support has spent hours on the phone with me responding to my satisfaction. Very pleased with technical support. I have had calls drop during a tech session and the tech ALWAYS reaches back out and stays with me until we find a solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Hold times for assistance are too long for a tech savvy company. Hold times are also too long for when you want to add a service. I would prefer not to wait for tech service but waiting to spend money is just not an acceptable way to run a business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy to implement, great technical support, web portal is fairly easy to navigate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am a basic user of jive - just want a phone that works consistently with limited features. I do not take advantage of any business solutions other than phone, fax and conference calls. I would consider doing more but it would need to be with technical support and initiated by Jive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

Once you set it up, it just works...I don't need to keep checking on it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The setup can be cumbersome...some of the terminology of what is a user vs a line vs hardware and what charge is for what can be confusing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Provide a full office phone solution at reasonable cost. Jive has provided that - some using soft phones, some using hardware Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Travel Consultant
What do you like best?

It works from my cell or computer at the same time. I am not attached to the office. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Problem arrives when 2 clients call at the same time. There no switching for another line. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Distant work from any place! Even with no w-f, I can get calls to my cell. Voice messages are recorded well, and easy to click and call back. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AF
What do you like best?

Easy portal access to change call plans and update regular/holiday schedule. Reliable on-the-go access to voicemail/calls/text. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Frequent outages prevent us from communicating with our clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be aware that you may not receive notice when you are switched from previous carrier to Jive... one day we just did not have service and needed cables and setup on the fly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our advisors are always on the go. It is wonderful to be able to transfer a call from the office to the advisor on the road, so they never miss an opportunity to connect with a client. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.