GoToConnect (formerly Jive) Reviews & Product Details

GoToConnect (formerly Jive) Overview

What is GoToConnect (formerly Jive)?

GoToConnect combines Jive's VoIP phone systems with GoToMeeting's web, audio and video conferencing into one simple Unified Communications platform (Voice, Video, and Contact Center). For as low as $19.95 a month, GoToConnect eliminates the hassle and expense of managing multiple collaboration solution providers.

GoToConnect (formerly Jive) Details

GoToConnect (formerly Jive) provides enterprise-grade Hosted VoIP and Unified Communications to businesses and institutions.

LogMeIn
$1,260
@LogMeIn
4,150 employees on LinkedIn®
Description

LogMeIn is a leading provider of on-demand, remote-connectivity and support solutions to small businesses, IT service providers and consumers.

Businesses and IT service providers use LogMeIn's solutions to deliver remote end-user support and to access and manage computers and other Internet-enabled devices more effectively and efficiently. Consumers and mobile workers use our solutions to access computer resources remotely, thereby facilitating their mobility and increasing their productivity.

Our solutions, which are deployed on-demand and accessible through a Web browser, are secure, scalable and easy for our customers to try, purchase and use. Since our inception, our users have connected over 60 million computers and other Internet-enabled devices to a LogMeIn service.

LogMeIn's software-as-a-service suite of solutions includes capabilities for on-demand customer support of PCs, smartphones and other devices, systems administration, remote access, remote control, file-sharing, virtual private networking, data back-up and online meeting.

GoToConnect (formerly Jive) Videos

GoToConnect (formerly Jive) Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the GoToConnect (formerly Jive) community
Have you used GoToConnect (formerly Jive) before?

GoToConnect (formerly Jive) Reviews

Showing 31 GoToConnect (formerly Jive) reviews
Ratings (1)
Already have GoToConnect (formerly Jive)?
3D Specialist
What do you like best?

I like that I can take the office phone anywhere with me through my cell phone and forward calls internally and externally. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Jive offers a ton of features but the back end can get a little confusing. Adding a new user gets really tricky when they aren't very tech-savvy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I strongly advise you to consider your needs! If you can't afford to miss a call, have multiple users in your organization or business, or want to take office calls on your cell phone, this might be the service for you. However, If you are a small business or never leave your office you might consider an alternative. It also seems that there is limited hardware available for this service so I would encourage you to do your research, as any smart business owner would. My organization currently uses Jive on mobile only. We have considered purchasing a physical phone for our office and have done extensive research but have not purchased a phone yet so I am not able to offer any recommendations.

As a final thought, we have found that users who tend to be less "tech-savvy" run into issues when setting up the mobile app. The online documentation seems to be geared more towards a physical phone and didn't have the answers I needed. A quick call to customer service fixed this but the process ended up taking much longer than anticipated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We never miss a call! Calls come through to my phone and if I'm not able to pick up it goes to the next person in our Call Plan. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in GoToConnect (formerly Jive)
G2
EI
What do you like best?

The configuration tool is amazing and works like very nice on-premise phone systems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Things don't always work (e.g. faxes receivers fail and then start working again, website constantly has issues, etc.). Support is slow and unhelpful. It takes multiple days to respond to outages and usually the problem fixes itself or they do something and don't admit something was broken. Most of the responses from support are kick the can down the road sort of responses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Enterprise configurable phone solution that is cloud-based was the goal. We have achieved that but the solution isn't as stable as we expected. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The configuration is clean and easy to understand, especially the call flow (IVR menu setup) with drag-n-drop, and ability to upload or record voice or MP3 (hold music) where needed. Shared voicemail, and ability to use physical phones vs just softphones. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The support. With the exception of Dennis Lam, the support structure feels very distant, and at times difficult to understand. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for detailed analytics, this may not be for you. If you need to see who's on a call (that are not taking QUEUE calls) this is not for you. If you need a simple system for voicemail, faxing, multiple lines... then this is a solid product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I needed an IVR that allowed for detailed tracking of inbound and outbound calls, and to see a live 'wall board' of queues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

We have tried two other cloud based phone systems. The features that Jive offers allows a company to manipulate the settings so the phone system can do exactly what you want it to do while remaining easy enough to accomplish for someone who doesn't have any specific knowledge in that area. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Jive is not friendly for small business. Also, TOO MANY EMAILS. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are a larger business with more than 5 employees answering calls, Jive is for you. Customer service is fabulous but expect to get thousands of automated emails. Pricing is simple and straight forward. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We actually canceled our account with Jive because it's just not made for small business with very simple needs. It is a great software and if we were to ever expand, we would definitely switch back to jive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from of GoToConnect (formerly Jive)

We appreciate your review and we will pass your concerns along to our team. Thanks again for reaching out to us!

AE
What do you like best?

The customer support is pretty good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The product appears to be easy to set up until you get into building out an extremely complicated call tree. It is also not ideal if you do not have hardware. Using the beta web app has been a challenge for a lot of my users. The product is also not completely reliable. If you contact JIVE about quality, they blame it on everything except their phone system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you are using this with hardware or you will be disappointed. Also, the call quality is less than reliable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have a complicated call tree with many different business lines. The call tree works for the most part. Free fax is good as well, but only when it works. I can't get a straight answer on whether or not JIVE can support international faxes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Operations Manager
What do you like best?

It is simple enough that I was able to train myself on how to use the admin portal and various functions. I don't consider myself tech savvy so that is a big positive for them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is a big lack of reporting that as I scale my teams I will need. Agent availability, break time adherence etc... Jive is a very simple telephony solution that is good for a small company, but as we grow, I worry it won't scale well. I have also had a lot of problems with their soft phone for my employees who work from home. It is constantly going down. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Jive continues to update and improve their product offering but for now it continues to be a very basic telephony option. I am used to larger enterprise solutions that have many of the bells and whistles that Jive lacks and that has been a hard adjustment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are answering calls from customers and taking care of them. But other than that, I don't see a lot of benefits. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Salesforce Administrator
Legal Services
What do you like best?

I really like Jive, ease of access and very user friendly. Once you are able to navigate the admin portal is become second nature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The phone lines keep dropping. There was one day that Jive services went down for the northeast completely. We were unable to make or receive calls for about an hour. Their chrome extensions and very useful and convenient but again, they need to work out the kinks. If the extensions would work properly even 85% of the time, I would give the a 9/10. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I used to be able to chat with Jive support, I can't tell you how disappointing it is that they took that feature away. Now, for even the simplest request, I have to call in, be placed on hold, open a ticket and then be transferred to a technician. That is the only reason I didn't give the quality of support 7/7. Also, I would recommend that they deliver on the Jive click to connect extension. It claims to be able to integrate with LinkedIn but that is clearly not true. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Jive gives you the ability to have your desk number with you everywhere you go, even on your mobile device. Their salesforce integrations are the most useful as our sales people can have a clients salesforce record automatically open on their desktop if said client were to call their desk number. That's way better than just having caller ID. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Audio Engineer
Broadcast Media
What do you like best?

I love that JIVE took care of the porting of my existing Cox Comm phone numbers over to my new JIVE account. The other thing that is huge is that their customer support for the initial account setup was awesome. I was able to ask questions without being made to feel stupid and we bounced routing ideas off of each other Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There was a slight hand-off issue between sales and service dept. Took a few emails from myself to get things back on track. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

know what current numbers you want to keep from your current PBX provider Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I run ans operate two AM and two FM radio stations in multiple states. I realize that With only one JIVE account I am able to create localized phone numbers for my transmitter sites in every state, allowing me to satisfy FCC Part 73/74 rules, in a cost effective and timely manner. You can also go "all virtual" meaning that I dont have a single piece of hardware. The owner pays for everyone cell phones so therefor the number of employees that we have does not warrant having physical handsets in each office and location. You are able to download the JIVE app on to you cell phone and use it like an office phone. I also like that you are able to create a virtual fax line with JIVE. I now have the fax number set as the main radio station (s) office call in number. Pretty slick Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It accomplishes it's purpose, which is what I need, Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Even with good internet speed (sitting at home or office) wifi or plugged right into the internet, there always seems to be glitching no matter what. And having to always ask people to repeat and redo is annoying in a business/professional setting. Let's return to the days of everyone dialing in on their phone, am I right?! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try out multiple products before deciding. I feel like there is better stuff out there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's nice being able to see people I work with--especially those clients and bosses I have yet to meet, yet I feel like there is so much time wasted in repeating things, it makes me wonder if the 'interaction' and saved time of traveling is fully worth it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Reporting Features available to review call logs of internal call activity Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Information on new features is not always communicated Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Phone Solution - helps us communicate with our clients and report on internal call activity Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AS
What do you like best?

The great support team, they are very nice and knowledgeable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The pricing for extensions, i think you should at least include ten at the most. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Follow me feature, voice mail. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

I like that it's portable and I can pick up calls wherever I am, via wifi. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'm not used to the layout yet. In the office, I have it hooked up to a phone. When I work remotely, I use the softphone on my computer. It's not second nature to me yet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It works Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Able to work from anywhere Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from of GoToConnect (formerly Jive)

Thanks for your honest feedback. It is very helpful hearing what does and doesn't work for our customers. Please reach out if you need help with your Jive system. Thank you!

AN
What do you like best?

Friendliness of their customer support people Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Service did not work well and communication when I requested service be canceled.

I still have not received notice of that cancelled service or release of my telephone numbers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make certain that the system will work BEFORE transferring any telephone numbers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Unfortunately none. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from of GoToConnect (formerly Jive)

We're sorry that Jive didn't perform well for you . We always strive to have the best service and product in the industry. If you are still waiting on word about your cancelled service, please email gabby.green@jive.com and we'd be happy to look into this further. Thank you!

CI
What do you like best?

Technician was very well versed in the technology and functionality of the system Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The wait time. The wait time. The wait time Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

flexible platform Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We need to be mobile and Jive allows us to do that Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CI
What do you like best?

How the product actually worked and has rarely failed me on site Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing was too disappointing besides maybe the GUI Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

None so far besides keep innovating the product Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Phone and after hours calling Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Executive Assistant
Individual & Family Services
What do you like best?

Customer service is very quick to respond Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of technical issues that we experience Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the customer service. They are very knowledgeable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Communication Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

Very good customer service. I got good response to problem even though problems were not solve Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Many of the features advertised are not actual available or in Beta. I experience that with the Zoho CRM integration as well as email to fax for international use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would wait till they work out the problems Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have requested to terminate my service Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the idea of how things should work Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It takes a lot of my time to set up and provisions phones. Get user Id set up in the PBX and get things working the way they should. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The easy of online PBX and real time changes along with answering your phone on the go. Not being tied to your desk. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

I like that it can fax from email. functions like a normal office phone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

picking up calls takes a while. sometimes calls go straight to voicemail instead of ringing when not on DND. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

it is internet based, so if your internet sucks, would not recommend. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

the system was easy to understand. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UT
What do you like best?

The ability to Copy / Paste Phone Numbers into the app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

App has poor audio connection; cutting out on occasion. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Small group of remote staffers are able to be on an office nextwork. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UT
What do you like best?

The price is, as they say, right. This is undoubtedly the most attractive feature of VoIP to me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

With apologies to those less paranoid, but the security component leaves me unconvinced, especially as more and more disclosures of breaches on sites previously assumed to be the most robust. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Communication at a low cost will always be a winner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that I can log on to dashboard and see everything and make lots of changes via web Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

that I can't provision phones without calling a rep, takes too long Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

they have great tech support Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

benefits are that we can call through app and allows my boss and colleagues to work remotely Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Provides a central location for fellow employees to share and collaborate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think it is becoming redundant. Companies implement Jive because they think they need an intranet. Now that we've been using slack for a couple years, Jive is something I rarely go to anymore. It is not an integral part of my daily life. I basically just use it from time to time to look at org charts (that no one really cares to make sure are up to date) and look at the company holiday calendar. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure someone is championing Jive. If no one is consistently updating and linking you to Jive, no one in the company will use it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

org charts, company calendar Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

I like that the customer service reps are very helpful and friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think the system has some issues. It did not work properly at first and now it cuts off every so often. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Wait another year until it works better Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It allows us to work from home and still be able to transfer calls to others in our company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.