GoToConnect (formerly Jive) Reviews & Product Details

GoToConnect (formerly Jive) Overview

What is GoToConnect (formerly Jive)?

GoToConnect combines Jive's VoIP phone systems with GoToMeeting's web, audio and video conferencing into one simple Unified Communications platform (Voice, Video, and Contact Center). For as low as $19.95 a month, GoToConnect eliminates the hassle and expense of managing multiple collaboration solution providers.

GoToConnect (formerly Jive) Details

GoToConnect (formerly Jive) provides enterprise-grade Hosted VoIP and Unified Communications to businesses and institutions.

LogMeIn
$1,260
@LogMeIn
4,150 employees on LinkedIn®
Description

LogMeIn is a leading provider of on-demand, remote-connectivity and support solutions to small businesses, IT service providers and consumers.

Businesses and IT service providers use LogMeIn's solutions to deliver remote end-user support and to access and manage computers and other Internet-enabled devices more effectively and efficiently. Consumers and mobile workers use our solutions to access computer resources remotely, thereby facilitating their mobility and increasing their productivity.

Our solutions, which are deployed on-demand and accessible through a Web browser, are secure, scalable and easy for our customers to try, purchase and use. Since our inception, our users have connected over 60 million computers and other Internet-enabled devices to a LogMeIn service.

LogMeIn's software-as-a-service suite of solutions includes capabilities for on-demand customer support of PCs, smartphones and other devices, systems administration, remote access, remote control, file-sharing, virtual private networking, data back-up and online meeting.

GoToConnect (formerly Jive) Videos

GoToConnect (formerly Jive) Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the GoToConnect (formerly Jive) community
Have you used GoToConnect (formerly Jive) before?

GoToConnect (formerly Jive) Reviews

Showing 16 GoToConnect (formerly Jive) reviews
Ratings (1)
Already have GoToConnect (formerly Jive)?
What do you like best?

It is cheap and easy to use interface when it works. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I find there are multiple glitches with this platform. Will not work on mobile app unless the phone is updated and when app has an update you need to completely delete and reinstall. I have spent multiple hours on support calls and am told wait 24 hours and it is fixed. I have had calls going to the wrong number, personal calls coming through go to connect, made personal calls and it go through GoToConnect, and multiple other errors and when I call I am told everything's working properly and wait. We have had this system since September and need to make prospect calls but cannot due to call dropping. We have upgraded our internet to 350mbps and is still told the call dropping is due to our internet. We have 5 employees in the office and they still blame all our issues on our internet service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use a different provider if you want any sort of reliability or support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

None, created more problems than it solved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

I have been displeased from the start. The system was not discussed in detail as far as logistics of phone placement/needs, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The lack of customer service from the beginning to now. I was sold the system by Ed from Revenue well. I have realized he was selling me something he did not know well at all. Jeff from Jive has been less than helpful. Any problems I have he says he does not know that area. The jive techs are great, but they can't help the fact that I was sold a system that really does not work for our office. I had to have them send me additional hardware as I was told my fax would continue to work as usual, but it did not. Then I have to have my IT guys to come out (extra costs) was told by Jeff to get a price of that. I did this almost a week ago. I keep getting told by Jeff that he has to wait for his supervisors to approve. He has no authorization. I would assume I would be more of a priority since I have been unhappy for awhile. So, needless to say - not impressed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

not a system that really works for us Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The service is configurable and reasonably priced. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'm currently on hold for the 4th call this weekend. They can not seem to get this correct. The phone should ring 3 times, then forward to an answering service. Instead, after the third time,

One rep said the dial plan was corrupt, one said it works even though it doesn't and one couldn't understand what I was asking.

I am a funeral home & people need to reach. I have zero trust in this product and do not recommend it all. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I would like to be more mobile, but I don't trust the system/. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AA
What do you like best?

The options, I am able to fax and text using Gotoconnect. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Everything! Adding a new users is time consuming and overly complicated. There customer support is completely useless. The only way to have any issues resolved. Is to keep calling until you are lucky enough to reach someone who has dealt with the issue before. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GoToConnect allowed us to transfer to VOIP. Once combined with two additional software we are able to track and record our calls. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO
What do you like best?

The basic call routing and over all system is really good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

After 2 years I have lost hope that promised features will actually happen. I was told almost 2 years ago that SMS & MMS messaging would be rolled out. We initially signed up as this was the main VOIP system our CRM linked into. And upon onboarding we were told that MMS (images in a text) was coming very soon. Upon pressing for a rough timeline I was told in the next 90 days but 6 months max. However, here we are about 2 years later and still hearing the same "6 months out" line.

During that time they rolled out video calling... Yet when I question why MMS has not rolled out the reply I get is "it's actually really hard to do". Wait, harder than video calling?

This is only one of many features that I have been told are coming but never happen.

Voicemail Transcript is also a feature that is advertised yet has never happened. I contacted support about it and was told that it was in "beta". That was in June 2019 (11 months ago). It is still shown on their website as a feature: https://jive.com/resources/terms/voicemail-to-email/ Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't just look for something else. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Basic VOIP. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

Jive has a solid product, but don't buy it if you don't love sitting on hold for hours waiting for their team to pick up the phones. Their customer service is terrible unless you can form a 1:1 relationship with a specific agent. Their chat feature is a bot and you would think for a company that specializes in communication they would prioritize it. NOPE! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Their complete lack of customer focus. It's actually astoundingly inadequate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Their phone systems are adequate, but again their complete lack of focus on good communicaiton is baffling. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

NOTHING!! You guys are terrible. The set up was a pain. Phone service was spotty and trying to cancel is impossible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Don't even try and cancel. It's is beyond a joke. They are horrible to work with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Not in a million years Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

No problem solved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UT
What do you like best?

There's absolutely nothing helpful about this company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Phone will not work, missed calls everyday. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

***do not use*** unless you like not having a phone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Phone does not work at all, do not use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO
What do you like best?

Can't think of anything at this time. Have not had any positive experiences. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Horrible Customer Support & Deceptive Sales. Signed up for Jive & GoToMeeting in Sept 2018, as of Feb 2019, still can't get access to GoToMeeting. Each party states it is the others responsibility. Customer Service refused to give me a supervisor, 2nd rep transferred back to auto attendant and other company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Might want to consider another service Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Would like service I paid for. When requesting a supervisor I get one. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

EM
What do you like best?

The promise of a unified communications system and a virtual PBX sounds appealing, but it means that your business telephone is now reliant on LogMeIn. Sadly, it just does not work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Text messages don't work. Tech support is mostly useless, with a 30+ average hold time to get someone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Keep looking for alternatives. This one does not work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Not solving anything after 60+ days. No benefits yet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

For example, I needed to keep the 2-digit extension numbers I currently have because they are printed on business cards and other places. That's just one example. Deciding to cancel during my "free 60 day trial" after determining the system will not in fact do what I need, I first sent an email requesting cancellation May 17, 2018. No response. I sent a follow up May 22 which was responded to on May 23rd saying it would be assigned to the "Resolution Team". On May 30th, I requested a status update from Customer (no)Service. C. Today, June 27, 40 days after initially requesting cancellation, I receive an email telling me I need to complete a form online, which is required to cancel, which I have now done. What a bunch of BS trying to deal with this company. Wow! Terrible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I feel that I was misled by the sales person. I called to add a second phone and was given a very good price for the phone but was not informed that adding a second phone would double my monthly charges. I have one phone number and 1 user. Had I been advised that there would be a monthly charge for the second phone I wouldn't have made the purchase. When I contacted billing support I was transferred to the "Resolutions" department. The person I spoke with was very pleasant and professional but was unable to offer me a resolution without first "digging into it". At this point I am waiting to hear back. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

There are some things that are fine about it but there are other things that aren't. It's hard to tell when individuals are on the phone. If I need to transfer a call, I can't. Most of our cell phones are the Pelicans and I can't tell if someone else is on the other line. We had many problems when we 1st started but because it was a new system. I've disappointed by that at all. The reps are always very nonprofessional and they don't try to resolve issues as quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Clear talking lines, decent tech support, good (yet time-consuming) onboarding. Support customer service, until the issue of money came up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Their sales fit me into a contract well beyond my needs. I reviewed records and see how it ended up there, but nonetheless, be VERY careful with what you sign with them. The service is fine, but they are absolutely hawkish about protecting their contractual income- don't expect the "Resolution Manager" (Heidi Harris in my case) to be able to do the right thing. They put profits over customer service- wasting my time and money. Wish I never began with them. Then, after posting this review, she went silent on me, not even replying to my emails with the resolution that I agreed to. Today escalated it further after many wasted emails to her. Still waiting for resolution- even when I agreed to one of their offers. (I had to agree to another full year of service just to get the agreement adjusted to accurately reflect my real number of phone lines now- as they had me sign a 6-month obligation to a specific amount of lines- which was and is beyond my personnel capacity).

Another dislike, although minor, is the incredible amount of time I had to put into setting up the system. In retrospect, I might've chosen a more out-of-the-box solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Wanted a phone system with the functionality of an office system that could easily include an employee of mine that worked remotely (across town). Wanted a system that was reliable and reasonably priced. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from of GoToConnect (formerly Jive)

We appreciate your review and we will pass along your concerns to our sales team. We apologize for your experience during the sales process. Please send me an email at gabby.green@jive.com and I'll figure out what went wrong here. Thank you!

What do you like best?

I do not have many positive things to say about Jive except that I can place a phone call when I need to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really hate Jive as a phone system. I have many issues whether I use the program online, or if I use the app on my phone. I have problems sounding like a robot, i have problems with my phone ringing only once before our member gets sent to voicemail. I have problems being logged into the call queue twice. I have problems hearing our members when they call in. Members have problems hearing me when they call in. I CAN NOT SEE WHO IS IN THE CALL QUEUE ON MY PHONE. So. Many. Issues. So many problems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would not buy this product. At all. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We need to have a phone for our members to call us. That's why we use Jive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AW
What do you like best?

The response time for sending in tickets is quick Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Was sold product that doesn't work. Was told they have a great mobile application and when we signed up found out the mobile app was in Beta. Have had nothing but problems and they would not let us out of the contract even after the first 24 hours finding out the app would not work. Call sales person back and they wont answer., they got their money. PBX dashboard is also terrible with lots of confusing jargon. Other VOIP dashboards are much easier to work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Spend a few dollars more and use a real company that cares about your needs and not just your money Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

None - I am waiting til the end of the contract to cancel. This has actually caused a lot of problems with our business rather than solve them. Constant app crashes. My employees hate it. I hate it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

I like the idea of their auto attendant option. Their concept of what they do is good. They offer free phones if you sign up and stay with them for a minimum of 9 months. No other competitor did that for Cisco phones. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The actual service and set up was a huge mess. When you first call, you get a number and connected to another operator. That makes no sense to me and feels like I’m wasting time. The customer service reps are nice but most of the time, no one communicates over there so it’s double work every time to explain and reexplain. The call center reps have no power so I need to speak slowly and repeat myself a lot then be told they can’t help. The dial plan is so confusing especially when you have more lines. You don’t know which line belongs to which option because all the lines cross and overlap. It’s a mess. Also, the billing department was charging for an extra line I wasn’t using so there is missing communication between the departments. The clarity of the lines are terrible as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just be careful because I was charged incorrectly. Get the free phones for a minimum of 9 month usage time. The reception is tough. Customer service is not available immediately. The eFax fax option is a little annoying. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Auto attendant program and trying to save money. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Executive Director
Individual & Family Services
What do you like best?

At first things went very well however then the call quality became unusable, calls sounded like they were inside a tunnel or would cut in and out. The voicemail indicator would say there was a voicemail when there wasn't, and then alternatively would not signal when there was a message. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It look a little bit of a process to get the phone working on our end, that has way more to do with the building we rent office space from then anything Jive could have effected. When we tried to resolve the call quality issues with Jive we got the run around in a major way. The customer service people were awesome but when we were sent over to tech support they were disinterested and unengaged at best. Very disappointing, it seemed like I couldn't get anyone to take any ownership of the problem. We eventually had to change phone providers to solve the problem. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Careful consider if this will actually meet your needs, for us, we needed our phone service to be 100% reliable, and that ended up being something Jive wasn't able to offer us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We needed a phone service that was reliable but that didn't cost a lot. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.