GoToConnect (formerly Jive) Reviews & Product Details

Principal
What do you like best?

Great onboarding and very user friendly system dashboard to be able to create, change and manage all aspects of our communications. I use them for 2 different companies that use the service in different ways and they always perform well above my expectations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

To do call recordings, you have to connect to an Amazon AWS S3 bucket and dealing with Amazon was a painful process, so I hope they change to their own storage for call recordings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes, Jive has done a great job from onboarding to ongoing support. They are always accessible and provide the right solution at the right time. Then they always follow up with knowledge-based articles or they actually send me the proper steps to walk through a process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We had a traditional on premise phone switch and it was getting old as well as the expensive to support. We compared replacing the on premise with cloud phone systems and it was clear the amount of savings and flexibility would be to go with a cloud-based system. We evaluated a few Cloud phone providers and Jive was by far the winner based on price, feature set, and ease of use. One benefit beyond those listed above was that we are able to get local numbers for all our clients located throughout the US, so their clients could dial a local number and it is all easily routed to our reps - awesome simplicity! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GoToConnect (formerly Jive) Overview

What is GoToConnect (formerly Jive)?

GoToConnect combines Jive's VoIP phone systems with GoToMeeting's web, audio and video conferencing into one simple Unified Communications platform (Voice, Video, and Contact Center). For as low as $19.95 a month, GoToConnect eliminates the hassle and expense of managing multiple collaboration solution providers.

GoToConnect (formerly Jive) Details

GoToConnect (formerly Jive) provides enterprise-grade Hosted VoIP and Unified Communications to businesses and institutions.

LogMeIn
$1,260
@LogMeIn
4,150 employees on LinkedIn®
Description

LogMeIn is a leading provider of on-demand, remote-connectivity and support solutions to small businesses, IT service providers and consumers.

Businesses and IT service providers use LogMeIn's solutions to deliver remote end-user support and to access and manage computers and other Internet-enabled devices more effectively and efficiently. Consumers and mobile workers use our solutions to access computer resources remotely, thereby facilitating their mobility and increasing their productivity.

Our solutions, which are deployed on-demand and accessible through a Web browser, are secure, scalable and easy for our customers to try, purchase and use. Since our inception, our users have connected over 60 million computers and other Internet-enabled devices to a LogMeIn service.

LogMeIn's software-as-a-service suite of solutions includes capabilities for on-demand customer support of PCs, smartphones and other devices, systems administration, remote access, remote control, file-sharing, virtual private networking, data back-up and online meeting.

GoToConnect (formerly Jive) Videos

GoToConnect (formerly Jive) Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the GoToConnect (formerly Jive) community
Have you used GoToConnect (formerly Jive) before?

GoToConnect (formerly Jive) Reviews

Showing 643 GoToConnect (formerly Jive) reviews
Already have GoToConnect (formerly Jive)?
Picture Framer/Website Manager
What do you like best?

I really like the simple layout. It's easy to use, and intuitive. Most of the time it works great and has helped our process become much smoother. We have been able to dramatically improve our workflow by creating call groups and dial plans. Doing live transfers is easy and has allowed us to improve our customer experience (when it works). I love being able to monitor calls and have it automatically record. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We have experienced increasing number of bugs:

-Some users will not hear incoming calls. Have to occasionally refresh the page/app to get it to work again.

-Sometimes it does not accurately display other users' statuses (online, do not disturb). Must refresh the page.

-Calls often get disconnected or dropped while trying to transfer a customer internally to another department. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our goal was to be able to successfully take incoming calls and transfer them to the correct departments. It worked well at first, and still works alright, but we are experiencing errors frequently, to the point where we are considering moving to another platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love the ease and convenience of the product. As a reseller, it makes it easy to have plug and play setup. Having customers based thousands of miles away from me, it is nice to know that the setup can be remote. GoToConnect onboarding teams are great. They make the onboarding process simple and easy.

I love that customers have options. Physical phones, soft phones, or even apps on a cell phone all work to keep you connected to your customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

While I understand that prices have to change based on market demand, no one likes it when prices increase - even if it is a very small amount, no one like to see it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am working with a number of different companies in different verticals - primarily healthcare and education.

In healthcare, we have been able to use this system to conduct telehealth appointments. In education, we have been able to use the system to facilitate distance learning. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in GoToConnect (formerly Jive)
G2
What do you like best?

The Dial Plan Editor was the cats meow. Finally, a WYSIWYG editor for call flow. I can easily add and remove users and their extensions. Since the application works with voip phones, in a web browser, as an computer application and on mobile devices, I can support my users wherever they are. Since all the options are available to every user, I don't need to worry about additional cost when someone wants to use GoToConnect on their mobile device. The administration user interface for GoToConnect is so intuitive that I am teaching my HR administrator to do the set up of individuals and extensions. Since there is no local hardware, individuals could take their desksets home and they would work just as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It required customer service to enforce SSO. There are some restrictions on the Router Brand and Model that do not make sense to me. I ordered the recommended rackmount network router from GoToConnect, but when it arrived it came without the rackmount components and I was told they are never sold that way despite have rackmount and desktop versions of the same router to purchase. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

After installing GoToConnect at my business I also recommended it to my church. It has been just as successful in a much smaller, less technical environment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our Asterisk server crashed and we need to have the flexibility to manage our own phones without having to manage hardware. We tried using another hosted solution, but they were unable to keep up with the dynamic nature of our business and required additional cost for each feature on each extension. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Excellent set of phone system features, Communication center is top notch in terms of features and migration via the account management team was assisted very well as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Would like to see more features being added more frequently, getting customer support over the phone means a long wait in the queue to talk to someone on the phone for any problems you might have. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure to go through all the required training and work with the account setup manager step by step to get everything done correctly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were moving a very old on-prem phone system with about 250 phones and extensions to a new cloud based system without a large IT team, We were able to successfully transfer over everything from another large communications provider to GotoConnect and save a large amount of money on a monthly basis. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer Service Representative
What do you like best?

It is really functional, standard features for voice calls include a variety of call management services (e.g. caller ID, call routing, as well as an auto attendant, virtual fax, call recording, and call forwarding). There are also dashboards and analytics to make it easy to see how the service is being used and how well calls are being handled. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No complaints about the app itself but their customer support can be improved. There have been a couple of times when I had to wait long on the line. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you live in UK using GotoConnect for international calls is more affordable than your local landline. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We’ve been using Voip services for international calls for a long time but after corona lockdowns started we needed an app that would also let us have video meetings. That's when GotoConnect came to the rescue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It has so many features and a great dashboard to help you achieve what you need to do for your company. We were able to easily answer our phones off-site while the pandemic was occurring. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, it is hard to stay logged in if you have multiple LogMeIn accounts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Please keep adding easy to use functions. One nice thing would be to be able to have a wizard that would walk you through changing a user so you dont miss anything. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to stay flexible with who answers the phone and how the dial plan works. We are able to easily set up new employees and delete people when they leave. We have international and remote workers that can also be used in the same system as if we were all in Colorado. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Support Technician
What do you like best?

The quick and easy setup for a transition from another provider. The process normally takes about 60 days to complete the transition. The team I worked with had the translation period cut down to 30 days. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I have found that I disliked it the option to have a customized ring tone for the phones that we have. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My recommendation when switching to GoToConnect is to do your part of the transition as quickly as possible. This is how we cut the transition time down to 30 days from talking to a sales rep to going live. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We used to have over 50 pots lines for communication between four locations. We are now under 3 phone numbers and can easily reach anyone in the company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

We have been with Jive (GoToConnect) for over 2 years. They have great customer service. I was worried when LogMeIn purchased Jive, but they have continued the great service that I grew to love. The PBX is simple to use, anyone could do it. We transitioned from our on premise solution to their VOIP service. It is wonderful! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. They have been a great partner since the beginning! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have solved our telephone needs. We moved from an on premise solution to this VOIP solution. It is much cheaper then the on premise solution we had through our local phone company. We have also solved our work from home problems with GoToConnect. Anyone can now work from home! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is cheap and easy to use interface when it works. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I find there are multiple glitches with this platform. Will not work on mobile app unless the phone is updated and when app has an update you need to completely delete and reinstall. I have spent multiple hours on support calls and am told wait 24 hours and it is fixed. I have had calls going to the wrong number, personal calls coming through go to connect, made personal calls and it go through GoToConnect, and multiple other errors and when I call I am told everything's working properly and wait. We have had this system since September and need to make prospect calls but cannot due to call dropping. We have upgraded our internet to 350mbps and is still told the call dropping is due to our internet. We have 5 employees in the office and they still blame all our issues on our internet service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use a different provider if you want any sort of reliability or support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

None, created more problems than it solved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is very feature rich and allows great flexibility for end users to control their method of cantact Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A few things needs cleaned up and adding favorites could be easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The GoTo team is amazing and they really bring the service home and want you to succeed. From our POC to full implementation they never missed a beat and have made this experience one of the smoothest deployments we have ever had. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We needed a more modern phone system that could flex for a remote workforce and this fits the bill. Users can really take their office phone anywhere Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It's a great option when working from home and having all calls forwarded to my laptop, so I don't have to use my cell. It's really easy to use and very intuitive, no learning curve. Voicemails appear right away and you can see your call history in an easy list view if you miss a call. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's dependent on your wifi, so if you have any issues with your internet connection (even a little blip), you will have issues on your call. The other major issue is the microphone. Sometimes I'm very echo-y for people on the other line. It's hard to distinguish whether my headset microphone is used or laptop microphone, and while this is probably user error, it's not easy to fix this when you place a call. Sometimes the microphone options change, and again, probably user error, but can be frustrating. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I definitely recommend rather than using your personal phone. I'm unfamiliar with other platforms, and would be open to exploring those for my organization is I were the decision maker for this product. Would just make sure your have a good internet connection! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Having call forwarded to this line is much easier than giving my cell phone number out to all of my customers! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Jive's up time is great. They GUI to build phone trees is awesome and easy to use. I love the drag and drop use of setting up the automated phone tree and the ease of seeing the decision making as you are building it. Deployment is easy when you lease the phones from Jive. The phones come configured and ready to go. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The system is very clunky at times. There are many times when I have made changes and they hang. I have to call support to have them pushed through. This usually occurs when pushing out a new system and making a lot of changes all at once. I have also had the issue when I am moving users between phones so they don't have to move the phone. The soft phone app is greatly improved. The mobile app drags on your battery, but is very good. They do not stay on top of firmware, so certain features on phones you buy may not work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Lease your phones. The system works best with the phones Jive sells. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to order a phone and have it be deploy ready is a huge plus. Saves time of my project team. The biggest benefit is not having to install and place a PBX on site and maintain software and hardware as is the case with a traditional PBX. Faxing also works well. It allows the individual to have a personal fax line as well as set up corporate wide faxing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The Dashboard layout is easy to navigate and very intuitive. Migration from Ring Central and other vendors to Jive for us was a wonderful experience. it made our M&A process very simple. I also like the Price point of desk phones and service fees. There are no hidden fees that make Jive /goto connect a very affordable solution to deploy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The Dashboard flow can be a little better. It would be nice to see all the attributes for the user on a single page. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

For us the timing worked out perfectly as we were going through M&A we had multiple vendors and integration was becoming a complex process. Jive simplified and we got all the features we were looking for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AT
What do you like best?

Jive's Technical Support Team

The best aspect of Jive is their 24/7 support team. When you have issues with your phones, immediate support is a must have and you get that with Jive. There Technicians are able to remotely access your computer in a support environment and this allows them to really assess the ongoing issues.

The second aspect of Jive that I think should be highlighted is that you get all kinds of features at the standard price and you're not nickle and dimed. If you really want to get the most out of a phone system, Jive allows you to do that without picking up additional costs. There are a lot of platforms with a small upfront price but by the time you have setup your PBX you have doubled your bill because you used basic features like Auto Attendants and Virtual Faxes.

Integrations is also something that Jive seems eager to assist with. Even with cases where they don't have a known integration, their support team will often work with whatever integration you're interested in to see if they can make it happen!

Jive is arguably the simplest PBX I have worked in.

I also find a lot of value in the ease of which you can order new Phone numbers and then track the stats of those numbers. You could manage the efficiency of dozens of marketing programs at once at virtually no cost. Exact information as to how many people called based off of your promoted number. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Jive's implementation can be challenging. If the Admin doesn't take the time to learn Jive's system, they won't be able to effectively manage it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great, simple PBX for companies that may not need every available advanced feature but still want a fairly robust platform Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Jive has allowed our office to work remotely in light of the Covid 19 Crisis. We use the GoToConnect feature for both video communication and mobile communication. On both desktop and mobile devices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

I’ve used multiple VoIP services and GoToConnect has the easiest back end configuration of any of them. It’s also super reliable, which would have been a deal breaker if that wasn’t the case. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are a few configuration options I would have liked to seen. Also, the iPhone app is ok, but not great. It would be great to be able to switch the phone system to “closed” from a mobile app, instead of having to use a browser. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Compare the total cost of the service. Prior VoIP advertised rates = to Jive, but the added fees ballooned it significantly higher. Jive’s fees are much more reasonable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our staff can work from anywhere. We also don’t have to pay a vendor to configure the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the flexibility of GoToConnect. It allows me to set up telecommunications in a way that is best for my business. My business is more productive because of them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more documentation on automation and things that can help me automate my business. I would really like to have more integrations with other services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can have my phone/fax/text messaging all under one service all while having it routed to the correct person based on schedule. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

I have been displeased from the start. The system was not discussed in detail as far as logistics of phone placement/needs, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The lack of customer service from the beginning to now. I was sold the system by Ed from Revenue well. I have realized he was selling me something he did not know well at all. Jeff from Jive has been less than helpful. Any problems I have he says he does not know that area. The jive techs are great, but they can't help the fact that I was sold a system that really does not work for our office. I had to have them send me additional hardware as I was told my fax would continue to work as usual, but it did not. Then I have to have my IT guys to come out (extra costs) was told by Jeff to get a price of that. I did this almost a week ago. I keep getting told by Jeff that he has to wait for his supervisors to approve. He has no authorization. I would assume I would be more of a priority since I have been unhappy for awhile. So, needless to say - not impressed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

not a system that really works for us Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The service is configurable and reasonably priced. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'm currently on hold for the 4th call this weekend. They can not seem to get this correct. The phone should ring 3 times, then forward to an answering service. Instead, after the third time,

One rep said the dial plan was corrupt, one said it works even though it doesn't and one couldn't understand what I was asking.

I am a funeral home & people need to reach. I have zero trust in this product and do not recommend it all. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I would like to be more mobile, but I don't trust the system/. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

That I can manage calls from my desktop or from the app Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to customize the automatic texts I can send to the caller from the desktop dashboard. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's easy to use with excellent tech support Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

When out of the actual office, our calls and voicemails are easier to manage than before GoTO Connect. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.