Google Vault Reviews & Product Details

What do you like best?

Google Vault is what we mainly use to search data and documents, it also allows us to store directly from the G-suite applications, this software also has options to generate audit reports, another very good advantage is that i can establish rules that it allows me to control how long certain data or files are to be kept. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Using Google Vault may take a bit of work at first to get used to due to its terminology as it is somewhat confusing, plus it has a low storage limit which can be a problem if you try to save a lot of files and documents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is a reliable and easy-yo-use service that is easily integrated into google applications, it allows me to search. review and share all kinds of content, it also allows us to track the activity of each user which is ideal for solid audits. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Google Vault Overview

What is Google Vault?

Google Vault is a solution designed to allow users to retain, hold, search, and export data to support their organizations archiving and eDiscovery needs.

Google Vault Details

@google
22,793,389 Twitter followers
226,485 employees on LinkedIn®
Description

Organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful.

Answer a few questions to help the Google Vault community
Have you used Google Vault before?

Google Vault Reviews

Showing 27 Google Vault reviews
Already have Google Vault?
Director Integrated Marketing
What do you like best?

Google Vault has given me the power to control the data access, so that I can restrict it to particular user. While extracting any document form the Google Vault, it provides me more options for having the detailed analysis of the content. Through the data retention policy I am capable of keeping the record of business data for archival requirements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is quite expensive due to which I think its pricing policy needs to be revised. Also here is an issue about no permanent storage of the data that you want to extract from any deleted account. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is superb tool. It will surely prove beneficial to whole business sectors. This single tool will help you in doing deep analysis of your work. It will empower you much in controlling the data of your work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Google Vault allow me to track the previous history and this helps me to understand any process operation in key detail. In addition I appreciate the simplicity and the way the interface is designed it has provided me sped of wok and Google Vault is the secure tool for keeping my team update through mutual sharing of the data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account Manager
What do you like best?

Google Vault is highly feasible application for controlling the overall data of my organization. This tool has helped me to organize the overall working that is going on in my various departments. Now I feel more confident in delivering the right piece of information to my clients. This tool has saved my time and keeps me alert by providing the alerts about someone access to the data. Google Vault is helping in creating the precise documentation for taking the best actions for the uplift of my entire department. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The pricing policy needs to be get revised. Also steep learning curve is associated with it. Initially I have idea about its few features but later own I discover many other important functions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I will recommend to the entire business sector t is very much helpful tool for having the deep analysis of the entire working of your organization. It will give you power to control the data and above all your team will feel connected with you all the time and it will add to your business value. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is most reliable and easy to use as it is integrated with my G-suit so it is very much easy for me to share the data with my team members. We feel more collaborated while using it because of the transparency of the data that we share with each other. Further when it comes to the analytical view of the overall working speed of my team member, I find it the most simplest and effective for having detailed analysis. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Project Manager
What do you like best?

Google Vault is my every day necessity in terms of searching and finding my company’s data. I am capable of holding the data right from my G-suit apps to the overall domain, thus I can handle the things very well through data retention. One of the best things is that it provides me all the information associated with my particular tem member and in this way I protect the data loss make myself assured about the important details. It is completely secure and efficient service provider platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Since I have been using its services I did not have to face any difficulty. In my opinion, Google is one of the most efficient and powerful software company that make all software very decently. I really appreciate its services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Before recommending it to others I would mention its customer support, because I have had experience it. Its customer support is professional and skilled, they give appropriate services and they have relevant department according to our complaints. So do not let this product go use it and gain benefits. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Google Vault provides me an option of revising the content once I search the data from the Google Vault it helps me to open it for addition reviews. Moreover, I like its report generation and the facility of tracking back the user’s activity and also I appreciate the feature of exporting the data for the robust audit trails. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Product Manager
What do you like best?

It is very difficult for me initially to organize the overall organization’s data and to search for the right piece of information was a hectic job. In addition I did not have any transparent idea about the working of my team members and it was hard to figure out whether my sales team is interrupting any data regarding the marketing. Above all I was very much concerned about the security of my entire company’s data. Thanks to Google Vault which has helped me to get rid of all these issue. Google Vault is basically associated with my G-Suit so I really found it reliable in terms of maintaining all the data and it provides me clear analytics about it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Although there is no additional charges for the Google Vault as it is associated with G-Suit but G-Suit is already very much costly which eventually restrict its usage, the overall pricing policy must be revised. Also there is no back up of the data if a user account deleted permanently. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is very much suitable for all business and those who have small team to work. However different pricing plans are available. I appreciate this tool and its services. As we all know Google is the king of all software as this tool is working efficiently. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is very useful and helpful platform which is providing reliable services. It is very user friendly application and operates smoothly I have had it on my mobile as well thus I work on remote basis as well. It is equipped with simplest interface. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Network Manager
What do you like best?

Lo mejor de este producto es su facilidad para establecer reglas de retención para controlar la durabilidad de los datos, también puede buscar los datos de su dominio por cuenta de usuario, unidad organizativa, fecha o palabra clave. Además, Google Vault admite búsquedas con operadores booleanos y comodines. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Actualmente tenemos aproximadamente 4 años de usando este servicio (google vault), que es muy original y competente, por esta razón no tenemos ninguna queja sobre su utilidad. Siento que Google es y seguira siendo una marca que se compromete con cada proyecto y servicio que ofrecen. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Mi única recomendación es que te permitas probar este producto de google, creeme no te arrepentiras ya que es un servicio muy completo y confiable, yo lo utilizo y no tengo dudas de el! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Bien es cierto que en el pasado tuvimos problemas con la seguridad de nuestros datos, pero después de probar Google Vault realmente nos sentimos seguros con el servicio, ya que nuestros registros a menudo contienen información confidencial. Google Vault sin dudas es capaz de ofrecer un cifrado efectivo para mantener nuestro contenido seguro. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT ADMIN
What do you like best?

Google Vault is included in certain G-Suite Plans. It is an amazing software for school administrators to use! Google Vault allows you to search through emails of users. You can customize search terms and even groups in your organization. I love how in a matter of a few seconds you can search for a specific term and search through hundreds, if not thousands of emails. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish that I would be able to search through my users browsing history. You are able to do that but it only works on managed Chrome devices. Other than that, however, Google Vault is a very useful tool that allows me and my IT Team to keep track of our users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend Google Vault to anyone considering it. Not only is Google Vault inexpensive, it allows you to do so much and also ensures that you have complete control over your organization or business. Google Vault can also come in handy in legal situations where you can search and find out if an email was really sent, if confidential information is being shared throughout the organization, and much more. Google Vault also has a very user-friendly interface that allows for easy use of the software. To conclude, Google Vault is an extremely useful tool and should be used in any large or small organization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Google Vault ensures us that we are able to keep track of exactly what is going on in my domain. With the use of Google Vault, we are able to report the appropriate party to HR or upper management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Executive
What do you like best?

Google Vault is undoubtedly one of the best services we have in our organization, I really love your ability to perform audit reports, because Google Vault uses them to obtain information about the actions of our users, plus Google Vault has chats of the classic version of Hangouts with history enabled and Google Talk chats with registration enabled. On the other hand you can also set retention rules to control how long the data will be kept until they are removed from user accounts and removed from Google systems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I think Google Vault is such a comprehensive service that currently has no complaints about this service. Implementation process is quite annoying and slow but it's totally worth it. Also, files sent sometimes aren't available for inmediately download and use. Functions aren't user-friendly at all. Customer Service for Google Vault is careless and don't seem to have common sense. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommended tool for those who are looking for a solution for encrypting sensitive files over Google Vault and without having other things attached. Google Vault is simply the best service that you can use! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Google Vault has provided our organization with the perfect way to archive and search all emails sent through your domain. Whether for a legal electronic discovery, financial audits or compliance procedures, access to this historical data is a critical business requirement. Digital Signatures for our encrypted emails are now more reliable with the best image and the best performance for all the efforts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ease of use is made easily incorporated into the routines as any Google request. It's familiar. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The restrictions are not appropriate for large use or, where regulations become most rigid, for extremely strict company policies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is an ideal solution if your criteria are limited and offers substantial cost savings over other solutions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Fantastic for small companies, but not the perfect large-scale solution. This is perfect if you're searching for a less expensive option and use Google as a known player in almost all employees easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

System Administrator
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

Very easy to use. I know that I can recover or review any emails sent or received in my organization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have not found a dislike, so I have to type more to fulfill the requirements but there isn't anything to complain about. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you use Google Apps services then Vault is a must. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Email retention. Able to look into any email issue very quickly and easily. Helps IT team to sleep better at night. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder/CEO
What do you like best?

What I like best is the ase of use and the fact that it is a very helpful tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not really dislike google vault, as I used to use it with no problem Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is good for storing files, use it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has affected my work by making it a lot easier to store my files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Associate Account Executive
What do you like best?

I love to work with the Google Vault. What I like the most is that Google Vault is able to gather all the information across its different platform. It is a really good security feature. The Google groups are great for communication. Google Vault is intuitive for storage and very easy to use. I can backup of all our data in the G suite and archive emails. I also like that it is a Google product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The main downside of the solution is the price point. It's a bit costly since it is $25 per user for the enterprise plan. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Google Vault is free to use and one of the best cloud services. However, you might not readily get support from Google. Whenever you encounter any issues, you are better off getting help from popular tech forums on the internet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Google Vault is very easy to use and it looks very professional. Google Vault is a place where you can save a backup of all your data in the G Suite. It is a simple backup option. Also, it allows us to archive emails and is very secure. It is easily compatible with the other Google products like Gmail, Drive, etc. Google chats in most Google apps are generally smooth. Overall, it's been very simple and easy to use, which is a big priority. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

First off, the best thing is knowing this is a Google app. With that comes reliability and good customer service. Second, the vault works seamlessly, easily stores all data I need it to, and does not take a long time to get used to like other data storing applications. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There really is nothing I have come across to this point that there is to dislike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend Google Vault to anyone who needs a trusted source of data storage that is always reliable. Also, for those that do not know much about data storage and are seeking customer service that will help you through the process as well as an easy to use platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Google Vault to store and archive many large files, as well as things like photos and videos that I do not use that often but take up a lot of space on my computer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

National Training Manager
What do you like best?

Reliable archival of data when legally required to or for best practices. It came through when I needed to prove/verify that certain communications did/did not occur, and when the last communications did occur. Time stamps, email addresses, etc. were critical. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The terminology, such as case and matter, is confusing and it requires that you play around to see how it works. Of course, due to its' nature, it is tracing your actions as well. It only shows a snippet and you have to drill down, back and forth to view the content. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Create a dummy email account, and perform some test searches to learn how information is searched, displayed, retained, etc. Remember to check out email, hangouts, deleted items, and other services to verify what is retained, searched. Then perform some reporting. Also try deleting an account and search again. It may be best practice to instead of deleting an account to suspend it, or transfer all data to a dummy account. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Archiving required communications to meet legal requirements, or best practice, just in case. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Assistant Pastor
Religious Institutions
What do you like best?

I love the fact that we have access to all of the great features that the G Suite offer: email, calendar (for scheduling and making appointments), drive (for file sharing and collaboration), and much more! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I suppose the only downside would be that there are sometimes limits to how much storage one gets, but honestly what is provided in our plan is more than enough Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Comes in handy in the most clutch situations. You can't go wrong here! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

communication, scheduling, email, correspondence, announcements, meetings, follow up Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Exercise Specialist
Medical Practice
What do you like best?

Very secure, google products are always nice because they are compatible with all of their other products, email, drive, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Although compatible with their own products, not compatible with others. We recently switched to microsoft and had the hardest time transferring everything Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Good tool, not great if using non google products as well Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It was very efficient, helped solve problems, made teams meetings and sharing things easy Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I can search for data with so many different metrics, making it easy to find what I'm looking for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a business option for the vault, instead of paying per user per month. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Good if you are storing substantial amounts of data, otherwise the Suite should be sufficient for your business needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Given that we generate so much data and so many emails, Google vault in useful in storing all of this information and making it easily accessible when needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

How easy it was to make the switch and the ease of use with the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not anything I can think i dislike yet as i use the product more maybe I will have some more dislikes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Its nice to save docs and stuff in the vault. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

You can backup all your data from all your time in G Suite Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If you want to recover e-mails you have to download it to a mbox file Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We can recover e-mails from some years ago and since a few months we can recover files from Drive Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

La posibilidad de organizar los correos y mis archivos online. Es una maravilla, Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

El coste que conlleva la utilización del software. Estaría bien que fuese gratuito como las demás funciones de google. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Organizar mis correos electrónicos del trabajo y mis archivos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

Google vault is everything you need at your fingertips. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Google Vault is sort of hard to get used to at first. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The business problems I am solving with Google Vault is that it really was hard for my colleagues to all switch over to, the benefits is that we all have what we need in one space now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Book Author
What do you like best?

Storage and easy to use. Looks professional Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Price. I wish it was free but understand for the quality of the service the need for a fee. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeping everything organized and up to date Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Google Vault is great. It allows me to archive emails. The Google Chats are the best also. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I don't like the way it organizes my emails and threads. I also can't also get great support when I have issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommend. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Google chats are great. TeamDrive is also great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

I like how Google is able to retain all the information across its different platforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't really have anything to dislike. They update pretty frequently for each of their apps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to use it to collaborate with other coworkers on projects and easily access them from anywhere. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

I have always been a Google fan boy because of the ease of use and most of all how low cost their products can be. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can see that this software can be a little too much in terms of the learning curve. I tried teaching it to others and was pretty difficult for them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

None at this moment Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Maintaining an archive of information Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Really good security features what's not to expect from Google though Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Ui could use a bit of work. It's not that user friendly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Backing up GApps Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.