Google Stackdriver Monitoring Reviews & Product Details

What is Google Stackdriver Monitoring?

For applications running on Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services

Google Stackdriver Monitoring Profile Details

Google Stackdriver Monitoring Profile Details

Related Links
Q&A
Google
Description
Organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful.
1998

1-25 of 34 total Google Stackdriver Monitoring reviews
Freelance Artist
Fine Art
(Myself Only)

"A simple software to use for security!"

What do you like best?

I think I like the simplicity and the help it gives for any problems i've had attempting to use this software. It's very simple, but even the simplest of things can be difficult haha

What do you dislike?

I think what I dislike is the way it's organized...at least for me, it can be a little confusing and can make a simple thing confusing and disorientating.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't over-complicate things, and make sure you understand what you want to use this program for, or you may end up confusing yourself.

I think some of the buisness problems I'm solving is having a secure wireless network that i can monitor myself and keep all of my computers and software secure on the networks i use.

Content Writer

"Need to provide disabling feature for Stackdriver Monitoring"

What do you like best?

Initially, I use Google Stackdriver Monitoring for VMs (virtual machines) and applications that run on AWS AC2. It is also very useful to pull performance data from open source systems like Cassandra and Apache Web Server. I can also use its alert feature which sends alerts via mail, SMS or HipChat. It also provides wide variety of metrics, logs, alerts, traces and data forms for users' cloud accounts.

What do you dislike?

The dashboard, reports, and charts should be simplified for a seamless user experience. I wanted to disable the monitoring of our project because we were not using it and needed to disable it for the entire GCP project. However, there was no feature to disable it on the Stackdriver as well as on the normal cloud console. The single dashboard idea is good but the visualization should be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If your are using AWS or Google Cloud then Google Stackdriver Monitoring is the best intelligent monitoring software for you.

I usually work on VMs and related services deployed with them. As Stackdriver Monitoring can easily collect system performance metrics, our team creates dashboards for tracking the metrics related to VMs. It is also useful for reporting metrics via agents. Another important thing to mention that we can utilize additonal plugins like Apache, Nginx, Elasticsearch, MangoDB, etc.

Director
Entertainment

"Google Stackdriver Monitoring: The Best Monitoring Platform For Cloud Powered Applications "

What do you like best?

I love the monitoring features for Cloud applications. Being able to have insights about the performance, uptime and overall health of the deployment is simply amazing. The dashboard is very user-friendly and does not require specific IT skills to use.Can be integrated to various services like AWS.

What do you dislike?

Dedicated support is quite pricey. Furthermore, phone support is not available at all support levels.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend without hesitation. Their monitoring system is of state-of-the-art quality. The best thing: you have a free trial of $300 or a year to fully test the platform. Worth trying for sure.

We were able to monitor the uptime of our website very closely, optimizing our online presence and boosting our branding efforts.

"Just okay for monitoring Google Cloud resources but terrible for anything else"

What do you like best?

Stackdriver is priced competitively and integrates very well with Google Cloud resources. It has a free uptime check tool which is nice (but not always reliable).

What do you dislike?

It is severely lacking in features and feels like a rudimentary beta product. We get what we pay for.

Also the UI is full of annoying bugs (e.g. when I mouse over dashboard settings the menu renders behind the dashboard, and once something breaks everything else on the page freezes and I have to reload often) - I hope Google fixes this soon.

I ended up moving to Datadog but continue to use Stackdriver for some less important GCP metrics that I can't export (without paying for the export, that is, since Datadog's GCP Integration calls to Google Cloud cost $$)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's suitable for very basic monitoring and alerting but if you want anything beyond the basics, consider alternatives from dedicated metrics/monitoring companies like Datadog, New Relic, etc.

I use it exclusively for monitoring GCP resources.

"Reliable server monitoring that's easy to setup."

What do you like best?

Stackdriver alerts are awesome! Its' very easy to setup alerts for your server so you know everything is running as it should be. Besides just checking if a URL or instance is up you can specify the port, the physical location/region checks are received from, the option to provide authentication, and the ability to check if the response contains certain text in addition to the HTTP response. Alerts are reliable and happen quickly so you can get things back up with minimal downtime. There are also graphs and charts available to show CPU, memory, traffic, database connections etc. that can be helpful when debugging problems.

What do you dislike?

Setting up Stackdriver to monitor our MySQL database was the only piece that took a little more effort and know how to setup to give Stackdriver the access it needed. It's nothing too difficult. It just requires some extra setup on your server, but the documentation is detailed and helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are on Google Cloud Platform it's a no brainer. The alerts are quick and easy to setup and work well. The only part that is a little bit more in depth is setting up some of the resource monitoring like a MySQL database. That requires some extra setup on your server, but the documentation is detailed and helpful.

We are using Stackdriver Monitoring to monitor a web server to make sure it is online and services on that machine are running as expected (Apache, Java, MySQL, etc.). It gives up peace of mind that everything is operating as it should be and if something is not we know we will be notified right away.

Student

"Student Review "

What do you like best?

I enjoy that it allows you to report new metrics if needed. Its easy to use and given the metrics are more than enough. Its a great alarming system with really amazing interface. Easy to share with others to use. Very cheap compared to others.

What do you dislike?

Painful to use in the beggining but once you get the hang of it, its great.

The API is not the best, requires some research that I am willing to do on my own, as I dont have much to complain about.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

very cheap considering what features and tools it comes with. Great at sending notifications, pointing out any weird issues.

Using stack driver to help monitor and report weird behavior while I use the machine for learning and doing intensive training.

Load test monitoring.

Using the monitoring system for cloud properties has been a positive experience so far.

Manager Sales

"Best code cloud service."

What do you like best?

Stackdriver helps us to organize our code and diagnostics, and send it throughout the company to be reviewed and proofread. Our company uses stackdriver to spread our code throughout the IT department for coding new hospital machines. Stackdriver makes it easy to combine ideas.

What do you dislike?

Stackdriver is a google software and is not as compatible with apple computers and products. Our company uses multiple brands of devices, and it would be nice if this software were more compatible.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is useful to share code and diaggnostics check throughot companies

Stackdriver makes it easy to send code and diagnostics throughout the company, as a fail safe for the safety of our patients and clients. We have large contracts, and its nice to have a software to spread our diagnostics.

Editor In Chief

"Awesome Monitoring tool"

What do you like best?

- Volume-based pricing

- awesome alert

- graphs and chart available to CPU, memory, etc...

-Can be integrated with various services like AWS

- Easy to share with others to use.

What do you dislike?

- couldn't customize it.

- integration with open source not well.

-Dedicated support is quite pricey.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

good. First try..it ok for fewer people not all. It is useful to share code and diagnostic check through companies

Allows securing control of the applications in the cloud. easy Monitoring infrastructure on the Google Cloud Platform.

Estagiário em Pesquisa & Desenvolvimento

"Real monitoring for access & workflows from my company's cloud"

What do you like best?

It provides a great view over the operations running in the cloud related mainly to the workflows. You can create painpoints for automatic triggers such as alerts. Very easy providing logs and real time data.

What do you dislike?

It is still new in the market and basic for monitoring. Not well designed for metrics.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They still really need to explore how to deal with data metrics. Consider using this SW for simple server control management. It is perfect for logs check, extraction and handling. You can find Datadog more satisfying. Also, Datadog has a great support even for beginners.

You can partially check the workflow during real time analisys of your data pipeline and reduce server errors and cyclic redundancy.

UP

"Great product with great results. I highly recommend."

What do you like best?

I like the user interface. Very hands-on and able to be adaptable for the consumer to effectively execute tasks. This is a product which can make entities work smarter and not harder, which is what you want as an organization.

What do you dislike?

There are no real aspects I dislike. I find it very usable. I also think more companies and employees should be able to utilize it's services. Being a person who is not tech savvy, perhaps it could be a hair more user friendly. For instance, my father doesn't use a cell phone nor a computer. But, he is very familiar with using a smart TV and a digital camera. So perhaps marketed to those who are not tech savvy.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a shot, I believe those who try it for the first time will be highly surprised at it's efficiency and helpfulness. I also think if it's more readily available for people, they will use it more. For instance, if there are salespeople or area reps dedicated to industries/fields/regions, it will have a wider reach.

Creating an ease of ebb and flow for my daily needs. Also automating many tasks so I can spend time on more pressing matters. Financial problems, data requests, and prospecting for prospects for our gift officers and major gift officers are all things this program helps us with.

AC
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Must try monitoring and logging service"

What do you like best?

This is way more than just any monitoring service. This brings many additional details and features to the table that other similar products dont. Offers additional alerting, error reporting, tracking, debugging, and tracing features that its competitors dont offer this many components to the usage. Very easy to use and implement. Doesn't require courses and readings to know everything about it.

What do you dislike?

Noticed some of the features take a little longer or are a bit slow when searching through. Also Amazon AWS customers I could see not preferring this service for the obvious reasons. Can definitely see it as the best service especially for those on the Google Cloud platform, as said earlier on other platforms may still be other "better" options right now.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely give it a try. Other products can be similar but there is really nothing just like Google Stackdriver. It is quite the monitoring service. If a Google Cloud user, this is most definitely for you to try.

It offers monitoring, logging, error reporting, debugging, and tracing services. I personally like the separation and knowing what is going on in each stage of the process. Workflows running in the cloud can now be monitored seamlessly. The alert service based on metrics is also a great tool that is used all the time for efficiency.

Technology and Research Engineer

"A awesome product for monitoring of gcp products with just a click"

What do you like best?

Matric explorer, log-based matrics, custom collection agent , volume based pricing , datasource for grafana, pre defined dashboard, dark/light mode, custome agents for kafka , nginx , mongo db and popular products from logs/JMX , uptime monitoring

What do you dislike?

Proprierity , no integration with opensource standards like Prometheus, not embedded in google cloud console(need to redirect), ux

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very good product if you are hosted on GCP for on premises hosted version go for opesource like Grafana, elastic APM

Easy Monitoring infrastructure on the Google Cloud Platform. Tracking and tracking any issue on vms or pods in kubernetes , alerting and diagnosis for anomalies. microservice monitoring and debugging.

Editor In Chief

"If you are an Amazon Web Service User, then Google Stackdriver Monitoring is cool for you."

What do you like best?

Easy to learn - It took me only 1 day to fully understudy the implementation of Google Stackdriver Monitroing from YouTube and the self learning tutorial provided. After a few hours, I was able to learn all the basics and implemented them in my setup cuz I was working with an Amazon Web Service.

Free trial - you don't need to be afraid of testing it. You can easily use the free trial, test the product before paying.

What do you dislike?

I really don't have anything I dislike about Google Stackdriver Cloud monitoring so far

Monitoring my Amazon Web Services

CI
(10,001+ employees)

"Another Phenomenal Product from Google to Track Performance of Cloud Applications "

What do you like best?

It is seamless and extremely helpful to track the performance monitoring, logging & also on diagnostics to give us results about our cloud based hosted platform app servers. The best part is that it is not synced only to google cloud but also AWS and some other open source cloud based solutions

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the application tends to take more time to calculate on the performance metrics and other than that the dashboard can be improvised for the results to be shown in a detailed manner

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Good Product from Google to track the performance metrics

Error Reporting is a fantastic feature which explains about the actual problem and adding to that the debugging tool - debugger helps us to solve the issue. Also the logs help us to track the entire actions

"Google Stackdriver (current Masters student)"

What do you like best?

I like it's pricing best when compared to other softwares like it. I am truly a fan of any Google product--its interface is decent. User friendly and it's many functionalities. Allows for error reports, activity logs and the like. Not to mention super easy and convenient to collect other logs from your Google cloud. I do recommend.

What do you dislike?

I believe this is one of the newest products of Google like anything new it just has a few kinks to work out. But overall, you get the gist of what this is capable of doing.

Managing projects...I was asked to use this and compare this with Nother software my company was contemplating at the time.

"A must have product for enterprise having cloud based product"

What do you like best?

I am in love with this tool. Monitoring is super simple and swift with this tool. We can have powerful monitoring of uptime, downtime, memory performance, and much more in a sensibly designed user interface. Like most of the Google products, this product does not require any proficiency in a particular skill. Since it is a Google product, there is a trust for better security as well.

What do you dislike?

The only problem, which is an issue with almost all the products on GCP, is its price. Few features are really expensive but again reliability of Google always comes with a cost.

The product can be used with all the cloud applications along with AWS.

cpa

"Google Stackdriver Monitoring Review"

What do you like best?

I liked Google Stackdriver Monitoring the best because it collected data and metrics from the google cloud that we host for our internal systems.

What do you dislike?

I disliked Google Stackdriver Monitoring because it was very hard to set up and required a lot of engineering to get the cloud to work properly.

Use Google Stackdriver Monitoring to track certain metrics and variances in our in house software and network.

"Great Interface and Reasonably Priced for a Cloud Based Platform."

What do you like best?

This cloud platform is easy to use and the interface works well. There’s also reporting for new metrics. This is a fairly reasonably prices cloud based platform compared to other softwares. There’s a large number of functions like activity logs, tracking, and error reports. Works well and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

It works great but only if you use other services that are also on the Google platform. I think it works great but its still fairly new to the game so many users are unaware this exists.

Stackdriver lets us see what bugs are going on and lets us fix them rather quickly.

Business Head
Financial Services

"Head of Data!!"

What do you like best?

As an Individual it helped to have my data on single screen and my work was so eased out with the metadata + Google as a provider, my all stocks data was on one screen it helped me for analysis.

What do you dislike?

I believe I didn't used it with such intensity so I can't say it has any problem

It helped me to my financial Analysis

Technical Recruiter

"Great fullstack monitoring system, easy integrations "

What do you like best?

Monitoring features for cloud - AWS is super duper easy.

User-friendly

What do you dislike?

Customer support has been tough, if you want dedicated support, get ready to pay up

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's at bare minimum worth doing a free trial to see if you would possibly like the product or not.

Monitoring uptime and just overall, optimizing the brand's web presence

"Stackdriver"

What do you like best?

It us easy to use, it allows you to search and it secures passwords and protect your person and business information.

What do you dislike?

I am not sure if I like the way it automatically pops up when your typing in a password or information

Easy to search, analyze, monitor, and alert on log data and events .

"Good, only good."

What do you like best?

Good monitoring system Being google quality is guaranteed, but I expected much more the truth. Its interface as always in everything Google does is very good and "user friendly", but it falls short with monitoring systems like Microsoft and Sun MS.

What do you dislike?

I think as I said before, being Google would have to be more detailed for example the monitoring of for example different clouds, gives confusion. Alerts give false positives at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think it's not the best product.

Monitor google services and a few drives in the cloud and PC.

Kennel Assistant
Veterinary

"Google Stackdriver Monitoring"

What do you like best?

Combines multiple cloud using softwares into one place. Takes all information from different cloud sites and puts it together. Super easy for multi tasking through different softwares.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the price. It is .50 cents per 1 GiB

I can work on different softwares and collect all my data to one place.

"Best in Class Monitoring Solution"

What do you like best?

Google Stackdriver Monitoring is very user friendly. Setup was a breeze and we're more than happy with the robust set of monitoring options.

What do you dislike?

Training options and tutorials could be a bit better.

We're able to minimize downtime and alert customers to potential issues within our software within seconds.

user

"reliable cloud computing management"

What do you like best?

This has been a very reliable way to manage cloud computing systems with the trusted name of google

What do you dislike?

not intuitive in managing arrays of complex systems, experience required

secure management of linked remote computing networks

Google Stackdriver Monitoring User Ratings

9.2
Ease of Setup
Average: 8.3*
* Cloud Infrastructure Monitoring Category
Do you work for Google Stackdriver Monitoring?