Google Keep Reviews & Product Details

Android Developer
What do you like best?

The best thing about the Google Keep is that we can record our voice when we are having less time or when we are in rush / hurry, the Google Keep will store that voice recording as well as translate the voice to text so that we can easily see what we have recording. This feature is really very intuitive which ease up our tasks effectively. Apart from this, labels helps to categorize and organize the notes items effectively in a smooth manner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Ability to use multiple font and styling as well as text sizes is not customizable in Google Keep which makes it quite tiresome to read when we need to get a quick snap or flow through. It doesn't have ability to attach a file or document as a reference for the notes made. Items in bin are delete in just 7 days which is quite less time and it should have been at-least a month i.e. 30 days. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would like to recommend other to use this application for managing notes, setting up reminders and easily manage the daily schedule. It is cross platform and synchronized across all devices using Google Services which make it available to you anytime easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use the Google keep to take up and write my notes easily in my mobile phone either by typing them up or by recording it as a voice recording which is later processed and converted to text by Google. I also schedule and maintain my meetings & reminders through Google Keep which is integrated well with the Google Calendar application to carry out my daily office meetings & task in a smooth way. I arrange the notes using label to categorize them properly which helps me to easily set up the priority task to the taken attention. For items which need daily reminder, I pin them up to show on the top of my application screen. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Google Keep Overview

What is Google Keep?

Capture what’s important and get more done. Keep organized. Capture inspiration and to-dos effortlessly. Collaborate on notes with teammates and set reminders to stay on track. Everything syncs across your devices, so what’s important is always in reach.

Google Keep Details

Google Keep is a note taking and checklist app for browser and Android that focus on simplicity, keep works on phone, tablet and computer and syncs across devices to keep important stuff is always with you.

Google
@google
22,766,842 Twitter followers
226,485 employees on LinkedIn®
Description

Organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful.

Answer a few questions to help the Google Keep community
Have you used Google Keep before?

Google Keep Reviews

Showing 1,237 Google Keep reviews
Showing 1,237 reviews
Already have Google Keep?
DBA
What do you like best?

The seamless experience provided by google keep on browser, application on phone and tablets. I don't need to install, signup and maintain different applications for note taking, setting up tasks and reminders. I use it for note taking also attaching documents and adding tweets so i can read them sometime later. Highly supportive no costs attached and no limits is the best. Adding checkboxes making a copy and collaboration everything is good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike except if grouping a few notes was a option this would have been a game-changes. Yes there is an option to add labels but grouping them together would have been fun to use.

But being a free tool it is best. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

go for it guys. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Note taking, reminders, small meeting points, creating tasks. Less time wasted, no cost associated, ease of use in use different applications. Like there are many tools trello, notion, evernote, ticktick but google keep is out of the world. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Teacher
DoorDash Food Deliverer
What do you like best?

I like how I can pin and search any notes from Google Keep. I also like how once I delete the notes, the notes with be in the trash for 30 days before being officially deleted. This is beneficial for retrieving any notes I need back before the 30 days are up. The color-coding feature is a nice touch and helps me remember which lists are associated with different topics Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike from Google Keep. The only thing I would consider on how to improve Google Keep is to make it easier to create a bullet list Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I normally use the dash "-" symbol from the keypad on my phone, but perhaps there is a better way to create a bullet list on Google Keep. There may be a button that helps create a bullet list on Google Keep that I may have missed, but if not, this idea may be something to consider. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Google Keep on a regular basis to help me remember tasks or information, like creating a grocery list and information about school assignments and projects Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Data Scientist - Machine Learning Engineer
What do you like best?

* Free to Use - While taking notes is good for you, you can always find having a digital option is always a little better.

* Sleek Interface - The Option of seamless interaction and unobstructed use.

* An app in itself - You have the option of turning a new app for Notes so you do not have to get 3rd party apps.

* The option of extracting information as text from photos or images

* Interaction with other Google suite apps

* The Google Keep mobile app performs all the same functions.

* Arguably has one of the best designs of any note-taking app on iOS or Android.

* Character count is not an issue. It allows well up to 20K character limit Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

* Missing some key features -

* Not much in terms of text formatting

* Organizing notes is such a hassle and needs some kind of organizing order for easier retrieval

* It can be shared with other people but the app does not allow restrictions to be put on the Note before sharing so other people do not make changes to the original document.

* Does not have a Desktop app use.

* Users cant do a CTRL + Z or undo changes made. Have to re-do the whole effort and that is definitely time-consuming.

* You cant adjust the size of the character in the notes. Lengthy notes make the overall look very small in size.

* You cannot use short cuts like "Find using CTRL+F" to search for keywords. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

* You always need a digital diary with you so that any notes taken can be made utilized while you work with your software and laptops.

* My day-to-day client meetings and presentation updates are seamlessly made available to other team members after I have made them available through sharing platforms or made public.

* You can share these notes via Gmail or other platforms to almost all OS and devices.

* For all users and starters, Google Keep gives them 15GB of free storage.

* If we need to pass a mundane instruction or review to all 10 of our colleagues, we simply create a Keep note and post it on our Client Charles & Keith server and every authorised user can read and modify their changes or make updates based on any program or department work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO
What do you like best?

La facilidad de uso es de Google Keep es lo más significativo. Me gusta mucho el estilo de su interfaz, ya que puedo arrastrar y soltar las notas. También me parece muy práctico crear notas con recordatorios, incluso es posible crear listas. También me gusta que sea posible crear etiquetas. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Me gustaría que Google Keep implementa una función para escribir notas automáticamente a través de la función de grabación de voz de Google, ya que me facilitaría enormente la transcripción de notas largas. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Esta herramienta es increíble. Le ayudará a agregar recordatorios y a guardar datos importante. Es una aplicación simple e intuitiva, por lo que le será sencillo aprender a manipularla. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Google Keep me ha ayudado a ser más ordenado, tanto en la empresa como en mi vida cotidiana. Puedo llevar mis notas conmigo a través de distintos dispositivos, como mi computador o mi celular. Además, es un programa libre. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer Service Representative
What do you like best?

I like Google's minimalist way to use a tool that is with us in our everyday life and tasks. I really enjoy the access that it has in your smartphone and the way it reflects on the screen of your computer and vice-versa. The main feature I really enjoy is the compatibility that it has with my S-Pen in my Note 9 and the drawing option Keep offers, it really boost up my productivity when I have to use it as a note keeper in my computer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Missing important features! I thinks that, this trade-off between a really minimalist app and today's trend focused in boosting even more our productivity hand on hand with the performance of flagship smartphones is really leaving behind Keep compared to their main competitors that use those new capabilities to ensure your satisfaction with the completeness of the application. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Using this app for everyday's purposes is the main characteristic of it. If you're looking for something more complete and productivity-focused, you should not use this app because it's gonna be way back upon your standards and requirements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Schedules at my University, tasks that I'' have to complete in my house, reminders, lists with various topics, general information that I collect from the Internet, links to share in my Note 9 sent from my computer, shopping lists with images to guide myself and more! I have realized that this app works more for people with light agendas or above 45 years old that do not know how to use other productivity aplications that can tangle them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Chief Technology Officer
What do you like best?

Google Keep's drawing mode is amazing on touch screen devices. It allows me to mock up designs using a stylus or take notes with handwriting. This is automatically synced to the cloud and my other devices and can be shared with others too! I use it for both work and personal purposes. It's free to use, and easy to share lists with other people. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is no advanced functionality to Google Keep, it is a very simple tool. It is a free tool provided by Google and since it's not a money-maker it doesn't have a big team working on it to build out new or advanced functionality, the way their paid products too. I would love to have the ability to do reporting on todo lists and their items, add assignments to specific todo list items and due dates too. Basically more project management functionality, not just lists. It'd also be nice to have more ability organize items into folders or groups. Essentially, this is a consumer tool not a business tool, but it does work great for what it does. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I keep track of all my lists in Google Keep. My personal todo list, my work todo list, shopping lists, etc. I don't carry around a notebook with me, instead I use Google Keep. It's great that it's on my computer and my phone, so no matter where I am, I can add something to my personal notes or todo lists. I use it while shopping to track what I need to buy, and my wife can actually add items to the list after I've left the house, so instead of getting a phone call and then having me remember what else to buy, the list is just synced automatically to my phone. I use it to take notes during work calls and often sketch out things for my clients. I've even used it to play games with my kids. It's a great little helper and something I always have with me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

W
What do you like best?

There are no complicated options. You can easily use this application on the phone by installing it or through a browser. it's simple. really Very simple and stylish! Good features such as voice message recording, the ability to add photos to notes is very useful and great. You can have both voice message and audio and photo. All features are stored in the cloud and can be accessed anywhere through your Gmail account without worrying about losing notes on your phone. Exactly what it should be! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Revision of the latest changes is not clear. If you make a changes in the text, it will be saved automatically without you noticing. If the details of the changes should be visible with the date and time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The App is very good but it still has some missing features and need to add more features! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

When I changed my phone, I needed some notes from the previous phone. I easily accessed them by logging in to my Gmail account and opening the keep app. When traveling, and I do not have access to the Internet, I write content in the Keep application, and whenever it is connected to the Internet, it syncs everything with my keep account in the cloud. Works offline and online and is available everywhere through all devices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Licensed Real Estate Agent
What do you like best?

Integrates with other google products, customizable by color coding and blocking. Easy to use app.

You can organize with bullet points and lists/numbers, You can also add images to each board or add a collaborator if you would like to share with a partner for real time updates. You can access google keep from a desktop or the user friendly app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Customization is limited and difficult to move the notes and rearrange them on the board. It would also be helpful if there was a font feature to customize the look of the notes. I recommend adding a folder feature to better organize all notes in specific folder categories. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Quick access tool for organizing and making lists, I utilize google keep for a "brain dump" or running list to be organized in other tools afterwards. I also collaborate beyond business purposes with family at home to share to do list notes as well as grocery lists, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Frontend Web Developer
What do you like best?

Google Keep is a particularly good app for saving a lot of important information that you may forget. The interface is clean, it has a simple structure. I also like because you can add reminders. It really is very useful, that you can add images to the notes. I use the app on my notebook that is synchronised with my Android corporate phone, which allows me to manipulate the information easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have been using Google Keep since it was launched and have never had a problem. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Google Keep is a tool that will help you to be more productive in your personal life and also at work. You can quickly take notes, thoughts, or important information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Google Keep allows me to quickly take notes, as well as save thoughts or ideas. I generally use it in all meetings or events that I attend at my work, since then I can see all my notes from different devices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The things that I like the most about google keeps it's the easy way to use it to keep things that i might forgot i can always remember them, google keeps it's not like any other tool that I've seemn before, it has great colours, great textures and also a good way to organize the notes that I want to keep saved in order to always have them in mind, what I like the most about google keeps it's that it's easy to access, I don't require payment, it's free and that's the best thing that a program can do to customer's like me who always try to keep track of what I think google keeps is the best program for that Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The things that dislike the most about google keeps it's that it's dark mode colors are not good and are not tasteful, when I activate it I'm expecting to see bright colors that can bee is seen easily and I can also work properly, but those colors that it currently has are not even useful, I can even watch them by how ugly they are, I know that it's a matter of getting accustomed to it but the current colors are the only things that I dislike about it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

None, the best tool for keeping track of what's on your mind. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The things that we solve with google keeps are keeping track of everything that it's in my mind, for example, I think of something creative I write in on google keeps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Supply Chain Manager
What do you like best?

I like Google Keep because it allows me to add both notes and reminders. Reminders can be daily, weekly, or monthly. The simplicity of the interface design seems great to me. In addition, it has apps for different devices. I also like this application because it allows me to create notes with drawings or images. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like Keep to add other types of views for notes in addition to the grid and list views. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think you can give Google Keep a try. This tool will help you to be more productive in both your work and personal life. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have different tasks on my work days, so Keep helps me take notes of my ideas and create reminders so I can stick to the day's plans. I usually create reminders about supplier meetings or take notes on the progress of our projects. The best part is that I can have Keep on both my notebook and my smartphone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Data Analyst
What do you like best?

The features of noting things down immediately as and when required are such an advantage when you are working on multiple things at a time.

The dark mode feature is just so fabulous!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I feel that there can be more editing features and formatting styles. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a great app to have if you want to save your notes, right from small to large stuff everything at ease Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Since I work on a couple of things, it becomes easy for me to keep a tab on things which I'm supposed to do in coming days or say that I've to note

down a figure or date for reminders, google keep has been always there for my help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Java Developer
What do you like best?

1) Google Keep is available on all platforms and devices. let it be Windows, Android, or IOS/MAC.

2) Google Keep allows making a note on mobile even when I am offline.

3) Google Keep is genuinely Free.

4) I can add text, Link, Images in the note. The link shows with a proper preview snippet.

5) It lets me collaborate with other Google users. This comes in very handy and makes Google Keep stands out.

6) CheckBox and Reminder features along with notes color and pin at the top make Google Keep a must-have app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

1) There is no revision history. If you delete something within a note by mistake, it is gone forever.

2) I cannot format the content of the note. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is the best online notepad tool with all the features that one use in day to day life. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am using Google Keep as a notepad which is synced in all my devices. This serves as a great tool for the TO-DO list and reminders. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

Here are the pros of using Google Keep-

1. Best part, it's free for general user. Your notes would be stored in your own drive, but they won't take up all your storage.

2. It's simple. Its user interface is simply great, and it's very easy to use.

3. It's completely hassle free to add or delete a note. It's just a click or touch away. Archiving is also very simple.

4. It's pretty much customizable. We can add colors to notes, however there are just 12 colors. Additionally, you are free to add images. Option to add check boxes is just a click or tap away.

5. Google Keep has exceptional tagging and searching qualities. Based on your tags, your notes would also be categorised.

6. Deep integration with Google means your time sensitive tasks would automatically organised neatly in your calendar.

7. Reminders works flawlessly.

8. App is available on almost all platforms. It has a dedicated browser extension, which can squeeze entire articles into a single note.

9. It comes with great features for collaboration.

10. Comes with built in dark mode over all platforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Here are a few cons of Google Keep-

1. Does not have a dedicated app for windows or mac.

2. It's great, but not so feature rich, like onenote.

3. Deleted notes don't remain perpetually in the trash, they are deleted after 30 days. This may be a con for some people.

4. The extension works best only in chrome. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want some software to increase your productivity, or to use it as a second brain, then I would definitely recommend this product to you. If you want something more fancy, then this product may work, but there are better options. However, more features mean a slower learning curve, and you have to adapt to the needs of such a product. Here, Google Keep stands out, it has all the essential features, and thus making it easy to implement and use instantly. Try it once, you won't regret it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Here are the benefits after using Google Keep-

1. I could dump my ideas into Google Keep, thus freeing up some space for new ideas in my brain.

2. It can be used as a to-do list app. The check Boxes help you keep track of your work.

3. It helps to keep the artistic side of you alive. You can draw or use images inside a note.

4. It allows you to boost our productivity, you can use it as your second brain, or as a medium to get things done.

5. It allows you to capture your ideas from the web via its extension.

6. It allows you to collaborate your ideas better using its best in class collaborative features.

These features make it an all-rounder app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is easy to use anyone can use it. It is sync with all devices. We can add images, links, labels, and reminders. We can keep a note during meetings and video conferencing. We can share my taking note with my team members. The desktop version is not good as well as the mobile version we can take note anywhere in the mobile applications. We can share all notes easily way with our team members. The theme is available in many colors. We can take note of that time we are busy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We can not change text format in google keep. We can not check our revision history in google keep. Sometimes our data not saved in real time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We can take note and share it with our team members. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Accountant
What do you like best?

Using it for over 4 years after trying tens of apps. Its strengths:

a) Hits a great balance between providing essential features but avoiding clutter, too much choices and hence user being overwhelmed with sheer possibilities of maintaining notes and reminders.

b) It's absolutely Free

c) Sync across platforms for all Google products is top-notch. It's reliable and instant.

d) Has a dark mode

e) Availability across all major platforms and all of those are well made

f) I love the features set - Indenting notes/to-dos, ability to make it a simple text dump or add checkboxes, adding reminders, archiving, colors, pinned notes, trash folder (in case of accidental deletions), tags that can be used as folders, ability to share lists with others, can add pictures etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It does very well, what it intends to do. It's simple and enough for me. However:

a) I wish you could add long audio recordings as notes.

b) One could say, it isn't very feature-rich but I believe its intentional. Evernote, Todoist etc have much more features to organize and format your notes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want a free, simple solution for to-do lists and text notes, Keep is perfect. It's not an alternative to OneNote or EverNote though. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Thoughts dump, to do lists, reminders, quick notes (phone number, personal details etc.), Organized lists of different things I have/want/like etc. e.g Favorite movies, games, quotes, articles, extensions etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.