Do you work for Google Hangouts?

Google Hangouts Reviews & Product Details

Google Hangouts review by Ellen G.
Director of Work Learning and Programs
Higher Education

"Best Communication Tool!"

What do you like best?

I love how fluid and easy Hangouts is to use! We can chat while in meetings - grabbing quick information and updates without the burden of an email. We can communicate with students - especially international students who might not have a functioning cell phone. Hangouts allows them to have a mobile communication network. We can video chat with incoming students - getting to know them and introduce them to the Google Suite before they get to campus. We can also message any of our colleagues - so easy!

What do you dislike?

I honestly, the one point of disappointment is the fact that you can't embed and send GIFs in the chat windows. I seems petty, but I love expressing my feelings with a short, looped, moving image. Hangouts is missing that opportunity!

We have discovered many ways to communicate with each other, with our students, and with incoming students!

What is Google Hangouts?

Video meetings for your business. Connect with your team from anywhere. With easy-to-join video calls, you can meet face to face without the added cost of travel.

Google Hangouts Screenshots

Google Hangouts Profile Details

Google Hangouts Profile Details

Related Links
Q&A
Google
Description
Organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful.
1998

Google Hangouts Reviews

1-50 of 592 total Google Hangouts reviews

Google Hangouts Reviews

1-50 of 592 total Google Hangouts reviews
Google Hangouts review by Eddie M.
Android Development Fellowship
Education Management
Most Recent Google Hangouts Video Review
Google Hangouts review by Bayardo S.
Ejecutivo de negocios

""Google Hangouts the best alternative for effective communication in the work team" "

What do you like best?

Hangouts is an excellent alternative for communication within our team, I love being able to use this software and get to communicate quickly and effectively without neglecting my work activities.

This tool allows us to send direct messages to contacts in Google, the good thing about all this is that with my open inbox I can always be careful when I have a new message from my team.

Our nature of work is quite dynamic, which sometimes we have to be moving from one site to another, another of the advantages we have acquired with this tool, is videoconferencing, easily from anywhere we can start a videoconference to report on any activity of relevance with managers or other employees of the organization. The use of this tool has been considerable, the quality of audio quite good and that of the excellent video, the resolution and sharpness has been a phenomenal experience.

This tool has been an alternative in our work, we have chosen to communicate with Hangouts to simply not neglect the work with mobile teams, instant messaging, high-resolution videoconferencing, calls automatically and with the possibility of programming them within the calendar of the group, basically perfect.

There are innumerable benefits of Google Hangouts, the best of all is its accessibility, only with a gmail account you can get all the benefits provided, as well as its operation is quite solid.

It has become an essential tool in our communication processes, the indicators indicate that everything is going smoothly and efficiently.

What do you dislike?

I do not have anything relevant to append, it is essential to connect the internet quite solidly to achieve the maximum benefits of Google Hangouts. But otherwise excellent tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

100% RECOMMENDED.

Our communication within the departments of the organization has been progressively improving since we implemented the continuous use of Hangouts, this tool allows us to save time and money in moving from one place to another to give a timely response to our work processes, immediately we can connect with the video calls to open a debate in real time and give a solution or make a decision with the rest of the team.

Another advantage of this tool is that we do not need to pick up a phone every moment, with Google we do not neglect our work since all the features are visible in the main screen of Gmail. Personally, it is one of the best Google add-ons.

Google Hangouts review by Michele N.
Student Advisor

"Google Hangouts is a quick and easy way to interact with team members and fellow employees"

What do you like best?

The hangouts tool allows me to interact with my fellow co-workers. I can see who is online and what their active status is. I am able to view previous conversations with individuals and archive the conversations as well. I use it the same way that I would use instant messenger. I am able to send screenshots and moving pictures (gifs) as well. It allows me to personalize my status with my favorite quote and photo as well.

What do you dislike?

When I hover over any one's icon, I am able to see their email address. I wish I was able to click on that email address so that I could copy and paste it, or better yet, click on it to initiate an actual email to that individual.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it once and you will be hooked.

It is the quickest way to get in touch internally without using the phone. I am able to speak on the phone and have a conversation with someone else. No delay, no lag time.

Google Hangouts review by Sandeep K.
SR MSP REcruiter

"Hangout"

What do you like best?

The best thing i liked the most in google hangout is this is a app where we can communicate with the users in and around us with out an interruption. As this is a application which includes in the Google mail where we dont need to register separately as we can directly login using out gmail.

Personally i am using it and as well official purpose and the the best app for communicating with other users.

What do you dislike?

One thing i did not like in this is we cant delete the message which we write in as there are some other application where we can remove the conversation or we can edit it. If this is improved it would be helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend to use Google Hangouts as this is the best application for the internal and external communication.

business problem i solved are no need to opt for other software for chatting or sharing a simple information in the office.

Google Hangouts review by Karla J.
Analista de Sistemas

""Google Hangouts excellent innovative and efficient communication tool for my team.""

What do you like best?

I love this tool because it helps us to communicate internally in our team, the facility that gives us this tool to handle confidential information with customers and other employees of the organization is very fruitful as it helps us improve performance and delivery time of each of the administrative jobs.

It is a free application from Google, which is very convenient to use at all times, providing excellent features of video calls and instant messaging.

Personally within our organization is prohibited the use of cell phones when we are in activities, Google Hangoust allows us to communicate effectively is that our boss is aware of any.

Another benefit obtained with this tool is that it allows us to solve faults in the system depending on the magnitude of the damage to the clients of our organization, we can simply be contacted through video calls with the IT staff and without any doubt We can solve the problem quickly and without having to move from one place to another, saving time and money in work operations.

Added to that we can make meetings quickly with this application, Hangouts meets the capabilities achieved by making innovations in communication in the cloud, and can share screen without closing the Gmail window. Without a doubt a great collaborative tool.

What do you dislike?

Personally I use this tool on a daily basis and until now I have not had any significant problems with Hangouts, so I have nothing negative to add to this tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

100% recommended, excellent tool for effective communication.

Without a doubt that this tool has allowed us to have a more effective communication within our department and with our clients, we can easily send a message or connect by video call to solve any work topic.

It is an excellent tool with very good features and best of all it is totally free, you just need to have a Google account to get all the benefits in conversation with Hangouts.

Google Hangouts review by Vyshnavi G K.
Senior Technical Operations Executive
(10,001+ employees)

"Hangouts - Brings life to conversation"

What do you like best?

The best thing is the funny emoji's that gives life to the conversation. We can connect to anyone and can have healthy conversation as well as the video calls, voice chats etc. In hangouts we can create groups where we add our friends and can have a group chat by sharing pictures and by sending funny emoji's. Voice and video call clarity awesome.

What do you dislike?

Most disliking thing is that if the person is behaving weird then we don't have an option to kick them out of video chatting instead they can be only reported. Also the one thing that I would to highlight that the volume during the call is low compared to other means(Skype)

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this if you would really like to have a friendly conversation with your friends or colleagues while checking your gmail accordingly.n

I never used it during business aspects but yes i did used it while communicating with the corporate people of different organisations while searching for jobs. I did had a simple and quick communication with them. Yes we do can have the live streaming and can record video meetings which also helped me to build my career.

Google Hangouts review by Jessica W.
Head Server
Restaurants

"Not good for conference"

What do you like best?

I like that it is a free video chat interface that most people have access to since most people have a google account. It is very easily accessible, no need to download anything, and it is simple to use.

What do you dislike?

When you add more than two people to the chat, someone's sound will get cut off from one end. Also, there are not really many built-in benefits that help a business meeting, it is just a basic video chat. Also, it sometimes adds an extra icon as if one of the members of your conference is in there twice. It has a good deal of glitches. It is nothing special but it gets the job done, after taking up a good deal of your meeting configuring why someone has no sound.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have a backup option in case it glitches.

It has helped our team to connect when not everyone is able to be present. As I had said previously there are some glitches which make it difficult to use, so I will be searching for another platform.

Google Hangouts review by Victor V.
University of West Georgia student/Administrative Assistant
(10,001+ employees)

"FREE VIOP! FREE VIOP! FREE VIOP! "

What do you like best?

What I like the best about this platform is that Google lets it's users with an email account automatically utilize this service!

What do you dislike?

I dislike the intermittent connectivity issues the other issue that I have with this service is that if you don't use Google Chrome at times it can get messy and disconnect with some users reporting that disconnects after 10 to. 30seconds can you imagine calling someone important using your google voice account and then as you give them some kind of bad news the service disconnects and then has an issue reconnecting.... I would suppose this is because Google doesn't seem keen to allow it's digital software to share it's self with other browsers, and if you're on a Mac happy downloading the plugins if you use safari and any other browser.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend you use Chrome, Google's internet browser because it offers the easiest way to get things set up other than that you're kinda stuck with intermittent drops between connectivity when video chatting and using their VIOP service.

Good Hangouts provides real-time solutions to communication, just as the instant messenger in Gmail is able to but this time with anyone, and it includes video chatting for other users as well. It's a lot more useful and versatile than Skype and doesn't require the downloading of a particular program or the utilization of a particular browser!

Google Hangouts review by SreeLekha L.
BUSINESS DEVELOPEMENT EXECUTIVE

"delighted by using hangouts"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of communication with Google Hangouts. Google Hangouts gives you quick access to chat with or place video calls with individuals or groups across platforms. The interface is easy to navigate, and the app performs well.

What do you dislike?

Unlike Hangouts on the Web, the mobile app doesn't display status messages or show you who is currently online.I would like it if the app allowed you to add contacts to your phone book from it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I use Google Hangouts in and out of my business. Our business phone number is a Google voice number so therefore all communication for that number goes through google hangouts. I like that there is an app for the computer and the phone so you don't have to do everything from the phone. I like that multiple people can use it at the same time. It's really easy to use. There is also great video and audio conferencing capabilities. I prefer to use GH over Skype or any other platform.

We can communicate easily without any problems where anyone is located whether it be on a computer or a phone or a tablet. we use it for work. Love being able to chat with multiple people at the same time. Enables me to multitask and get answers that I need quickly. A detailed email is not always necessary when you have a quick question or statement. This makes it really easy to respond and get a response.

Google Hangouts review by Amit P.
Team Leader

"Connect your loved ones and business contacts with Hangouts , the Google best product!!"

What do you like best?

Our company uses Google Hangouts, it is a way to group all of a person’s social, business, and conference calls all under one application. Google Hangouts accounts are used to sign in, we can start chatting in browsers, there are never ending conversations, the data can be accessed from Google Drive, and any YouTube videos can be shared in group video chats. That is the best part of this application.

Secondly, We do not need to use separate apps to use Hangouts. We just need to sign in to gmail and we will get all notifications about Google Hangouts as well. That is also the best part.

What do you dislike?

1. Volume is low comparatively to skype

2. The application only works on any software that can hold a WI-FI signal.

3. Connectivity interrupts very frequently but reconnect automatically.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As I said earlier, Google Hangouts accounts are used to sign in, people can start chatting in

browsers, there are never ending conversations, the data can be accessed from

Google Drive, and any YouTube videos can be shared in group video chats. so everything is accessible in one place on login to google account. I will recommend this to use as it is a freeware from google.

1. To share behind the scene stories with their customers.

2. Conduct live interviews and share them with others in a very cost effective way.

3. Screen sharing and file sharing.

4. Give Client Demos.

5. Business Consultation

Google Hangouts review by Dahae H.
Biology Instructor
Higher Education

"Google Hangout is the new way to video chat!"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Google Hangouts is that it is free and so easy to use! If you have a google account, you can chat with others who also have a Google Hangout as well. I feel like because many people have google account because they have Gmail, it is accessible and there is no extra app or software that you need to download. Also, the video quality is very good. Unlike Skype, you don't have to download app to use it.

What do you dislike?

What I don't like about Google hangouts is that the other person that you are talking to needs to have a google account to receive your call, whether video or voice call. Also, when I missed a call from someone, I don;t get notifications about their miss call. I am not sure if I need to change the settings for this, but this is one thing that I dislike about Google Hangouts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendations to others who are considering Google Hangouts would be to try using this first and also use other similar products to see what they like best. Everyone's preferences can be different, so it's important to try each one.

Some benefits that I have realized from using Google Hangouts is that I can pretty much talk to anyone in U.S. either via voice or video call. I often use this for my work, when I need to have meetings with my students to answer their questions. I also use this for personal use to talk to my family and friends who live far away and I cannot visit them in person.

Google Hangouts review by Annie J.
Excellent communication tool.

"Simple communication"

What do you like best?

Speaking of Google Hangouts, I love the ease of using this incredible platform, since it has a very intuitive interface and very simple to use for any user. In this I can share images, videos, make video calls in an effective and simple way.

Also, I really like Google Hangouts that only with a gmail account can access it, and it is not necessary to add my phone number. I love this because I can count on great security and safeguard my personal data when I contact any potential client and in this way I can communicate with them in a simple way and without any kind of problems.

What do you dislike?

I dislike Google Hangoust the fact of not being able to share or receive voice messages, since there are situations in which I am very busy or simply do not have time to write a text message. This tool is very necessary to give or receive a clear and simple message without spending more time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This incredible platform is only a click away, as it is free and easy to access.

It helps in a great way the communication and the growth of my company due to its easy use and variety of tools that facilitates the day to day in my work. Thanks to Google Hangoust I can share videos, images, make video conferences, enter others.

Thanks to Google Hangoust, communication with my clients and colleagues is simple, free and unlimited. This allows me to relate better and thus improve day by day the operation of my company. All this without spending money or installing any app that takes up space on my device.

Google Hangouts review by Lakin W.
Squaretrade Claims Supervisor

"Fast and multifunctional!"

What do you like best?

I like that you can use it either as its own app or as an embedded function in gmail. When I was in school, I used hangouts to chat with my classmates for fun. Now, I've gotten even better functionality from it by using it at work. I work at a call center and being able to use hangouts to send ticketing information and messaging tips to my specialists really helps them decrease their average handle time, which is great for the effectiveness of the company I work for and my department.

What do you dislike?

The emojis are cute, but I wish there was a search bar to help you find which ones you're looking for. Trying to find the one you need is a bit time consuming since there isn't a way to search.

Google Hangouts helps the people at the call center I work at send information to each other in a quick and efficient way, which helps us keep our productivity up and our handle times low.

Google Hangouts review by Lucas G.
Account Manager

"A concise communication product with good call quality"

What do you like best?

The controls and visual appearance of Google Hangouts is nice, but what I like the most is its reliable connection and smooth video stream. The voice quality is also very good. I think it's actually better than the call quality on my mobile phone most of the time. The Google Hangouts buttons are big and easy to use, so I like that I can refer Google Hangouts to almost anyone and be confident that they'll be able to use it without any big problems.

What do you dislike?

The screen share feature doesn't always connect very well for me. I don't quite get instant movement or click recognition and get frustrated and confused sometimes. The picture quality of the screen shares can sometime be blurry at times as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Hangouts is easy to try, so I suggest signing up with Google if you don't already have an account. If you do have a Google account, you're actually ready to start using Google Hangouts right now.

I use Google Hangouts mainly for chats and video calls. It has actually worked well for me when my group talks and sends chats to each other simultaneously. Compared to email or just regular phone calls, we can relay our messages with much more detail and explain or demonstrate things like we would in an office.

Google Hangouts review by Gabriela Sarianny O.
occupational therapy

"Easy way to communicate with Google Hangouts"

What do you like best?

Allows to communicate with other people easily, even each one in different places. Videoconferences can be made where a group of people can see and express their opinion from the comfort of their home without having to physically meet in a certain place. You can send files in different formats easily and quickly. It can be used on the cell phone and on the PC. Anyone can use the application without a deep explanation.

What do you dislike?

The internet is required to use it. It only allows to communicate with those people who have an active gmail mail. You must have a good or excellent internet signal so that the videoconferences are carried out without interruptions. It can not be downloaded on all cell phones, they must meet the minimum requirements that the application requests for installation

Recommendations to others considering the product

With this application you can be in contact with anyone regardless of their geographical location, make friends or work meetings through video conferencing, plus you can use it from your PC, tablet or cell phone

Many students have had to emigrate to other countries and can not continue their music studies at school, but with this application they have the option of viewing their classes (through videoconference, audios, attachments) from anywhere in the world and be in communication the student and the teacher. It has allowed to expand the institution to other countries thanks to the facility to communicate between the staff and the students.

Google Hangouts review by Annette M.
Web Designer
Internet

"A great alternative for Skype"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Google Hangouts is the ease with which I can communicate with my contacts, as most Google applications combine simplicity with power. In the case of Google Hangouts we have an application capable of making calls of audio and video calls with an excellent quality making a minimum consumption of resources, especially note in the bandwidth which is not very high if we compare it with similar applications as Skype.

Although its interface in principle is very simple, we can configure many options if we analyze a little its advanced configuration options, where we can find everything necessary and related to calls, chat, contacts and user profile in the application. I also like the design of the application much higher than Skype because the application looks very modern and the colors chosen are a great success.

What do you dislike?

The problem of Google Hangouts is that the application has lost much popularity so it is not possible to use only this application to keep in touch with our customers or relatives because many do not use the application so we are forced to have Google Hangouts and Skype using many times at once.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend using Google Hangouts especially to make traditional calls since the audio quality is much higher and the cost of both connection and the cost per minute is lower than that of my telephone company.

Many of the clients I work with use Google Hangouts because they are more comfortable using this application and have been with it for a long time, so at first I did not like it very much but after trying it I use it as a main application due to the ease it offers Quickly connect with contacts.

Google Hangouts review by GOWTHAM M.
Academic Advisor

"Simple and Smooth Communication Tool "

What do you like best?

When dealing with sales and marketing ,unlike other communication tool I found Google Hangouts to make my work easy and communicate with people in a easy and comfortable way .

Google Hangouts is very user friendly and more effective to connect with n number of people around the world like calls, video calls ,chats, conference calls and many more.

It also helps me to connect with people in a friendly manner with the help of smiles, stickers,emoji ,pictures ,GIF and so on .

It also helps me to share files like ,pictures, emoji,albums which reduces my effort and time .

Last seen option is one of its key features .

I feel Google Hangout is more safe and secure to use .

App is also available in mobile which can be accessed anywhere with a network connection

What do you dislike?

Everything seems to be fine ,the only thing which could be rectified is that while on a video or on conference call the video quality is low and happens to experience breakage in voice .

At times when i call a person or customer the voice is not clear and there are some interruption of background noise.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I strongly recommend Google Hangouts to everyone as it is very easy to connect with people or customers all around the world .

where you can connect with people via calls,chats,video calls and share your experience by sharing pictures,GIF,albums voice notes which reduces one's effort and time both personally and professionally which helps any one to achieve their goals and their set targets in a simple way to bring revenue to the organization .

The chats which are made are saved in cloud which helps us to for future reference .

Chats groups can be created which help in communicating in a easy way .

Conference calls is its key factor with which we could share our ideas in more simple and easy way with which also helps us to reduce our man power and time . .

I mainly deal with sales and marketing ,Google Hangouts is very user friendly and more effective to connect with n number of people around the world like calls video calls ,chats, conference calls and many more.

I feel Google Hangout is more safe and secure to use .

Last seen option and call recordings is one of its key features .

Google Hangouts review by Simon V.
Ejecutivo

"The Best Comunication Alternative"

What do you like best?

What I like most about this software is that it allows you in real time to be connected with other ideal google users so that you are not stuck to the phone or to share documents in real time. You can take it directly to your computer from your gmail or email. on your mobile phone from the application definitely an innovation its interface is quite friendly and fast because of wireless connections wifi networks

What do you dislike?

I dislike the little publicity few people I know with email gmail know how important and great its use is what I dislike most users should concoerlo and use it is great in terms of functionality sometimes takes a long time to load the emojis

Recommendations to others considering the product

I invite all those who need a business solution in the field of instant messaging to join this software has a very fast and friendly interface and works correctly with a low cost of mega bytes this application in relation to others without a doubt represents a technological breakthrough for the industry Adeams to be accessible your employees and you can be connected in real time from your smartphone or computer to share photos videos and documents instantaneously from your computer to the phone or from the phone to the computer

I can check it from the computer and chat from groups or private conversations without neglecting the work I do in the office send files in real time or link it with other google applications without a doubt is a tremendous solution to day to day all in one place

Google Hangouts review by Alonso M.
Bachelor's Degree in Languages
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Excellent tool for communication"

What do you like best?

The part in which we can develop with this software is very good, it is very well established to be able to establish a good follow-up among several clients which establish a good service to be able to perform different strategies, the other part for which I like how we can working with this tool is to be able to establish a good follow-up.

It allows to give a good follow-up to be able to perform a favorable behavior and likewise to be able to follow a good example and for document transactions it is a very good tool with which we can work.

What do you dislike?

To be able to perform good management it is a bit simple to be able to work in conjunction with this tool, sometimes it is a little laborious to be able to work with this tool since it contains several functions which is very determinant for the realization of some factors within which we can occupy or likewise we can generate in a matter of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good tool by which you can work and likewise you can exchange different points with other users and you can also have a good start.

We can have our favor in order to establish a good follow-up and also be able to do more things for our benefit.

First we can have access to several things and in one of them which is more effective is that we can generate conversations between our users and likewise be able to implify many more tools which is a very good time question and allows us to send different files with different formats.

Google Hangouts review by Chandani V.
Student Doctor
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Hangouts is solid in performance"

What do you like best?

Google Hangouts is a very useful tool that is well integrated into the array of Google applications. You can simply access and start audio or video calls from your Gmail account with existing contacts or by inputting new email addresses. There are also many chat options to create large group chats of up to 100 members. The best feature of Hangouts is the video conferencing feature that makes starting video meetings hassle-free.

What do you dislike?

Hangouts does start declining in performance once you start approaching the max number of members allowed per video call. When too many users are on the same video call, the video can be choppy and audio can have feedback causing havoc in the video conference.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend users to give Hangouts a try if they are looking for a video conferencing solution. It has features that are not as smooth with other competitors' applications. The ability to access Hangouts on the go from mobile or tablet devices is a huge bonus. It offers reliable and consistent video conferencing application that I find myself using often.

Hangouts has made organizing and starting video meetings effortless with a few simple clicks and invitations integrated to individual Gmail accounts. The mobile and tablet apps allow users to access video conferences even if they are on the go and do not have access to their laptop. I am able to coordinate meetings with my peers and increase my efficiency in collaboration by having consistent video meetings to talk through ideas.

Google Hangouts review by Neel P.
Student

"Solid communication tool"

What do you like best?

Google Hangouts is a very useful tool in video and audio conferencing with peers in remote locations. If you are looking for a quick and simple to use video conferencing app, this is it. It allows me to easily add colleagues to the video call by inputting their email addresses or selecting them from my Google contacts.

What do you dislike?

There can be a ton of audio feedback if there are more than a few users on the call at the same time. If somebody has lag or their microphones are not fully functional, there can be disruption in the audio of the call.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend giving Hangouts a try as it is a cheap tool that can solve your video and audio conferencing needs. Even though there may be some hiccups with audio with multiple people on at the same time, there are many benefits of Google Hangouts. The ability to access the app from multiple devices and quickly start video/audio calls is by far the best feature.

Hangouts allows users to quickly set up and conduct meetings with video and audio features. You can run meetings with up to 10 people at once with ease. Furthermore you can type in comments in the chat. Another feature of hangouts is the ability to start large group chats of up to 100 people.

Google Hangouts review by shailesh s.
Software Engineer

"New Hangout best handout !"

What do you like best?

Screen sharing is the best feature they have introduced. No need to sign in to another account and try to contact person. It's very simple in Hangout, just log in to Gmail and type mail id or other person click on call. Switch between video call to simple call in between. Android , iOS and desktop version applications are available. Calling from application is also simple to present your screen as a presenter,

What do you dislike?

After some time during presentation, camera stucks in between and network connectivity issue starts occurring even though the internet speed is sufficient for video calling.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, Google Hangout is surely recommanded as you don't have to pay anything for using this service and application is availbe on all theree platforms so it is easy to switch devices.

Google Hangout is very easy and cost effective (free) service available by Google. We are using this service during our internal presentation. No need to remembering all email address of any user just open your company's Gmail account and go to Hangout section. Type contact person name or email and start calling to other user.

Google Hangouts review by Martin H.
Research Specialist

"An solid platform for remote conferencing"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to get started with Google Hangouts. There's no need to fill out lengthy sign up forms or set a bunch of configurations. I can simply connect with my existing Google contacts or add the email addresses of new contacts. The audio and video quality is usually very clear and I rarely have issues with dropped calls. We are given the ability to connect with many audio callers and up to 10 video callers, which is usually more than enough for our calls.

What do you dislike?

The screen sharing feature doesn't always connect with the remote screen well. When I click on a remote folder or if someone else tries to click somewhere on my screen, it won't always register properly. Google Hangouts isn't as conducive to business collaboration compared to other platforms with to-do lists and workflow charts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Google Hangouts can be an effective audio or video calling tool for basic conferencing needs. There aren't a ton of features, but it should be able to work smoothly with great connection quality, which is probably one of the most important aspects of this type of software.

Google Hangouts is usually easy to access for most people I use it with, so it's typically the best way to get a conference call going the fastest. We use Google Hangouts to discuss work issues to plan work assignments and upcoming research campaigns. This platform is particularly helpful when one or more of our work group is not in the office, but we still often use this within the office.

Google Hangouts review by Girish K.
Account Executive

"Google Hangout - The new way to do meetings"

What do you like best?

The best part of Google Hangout is that since its a google product, you have all your contacts, calendar and even mails synced at one place. So if you are using Gmail and scheduling your meeting via google calendar and connecting at hangout and sharing your presentation via Google Docs that means its all at one place. That makes your meeting and connect more productive and effective.

What do you dislike?

The few connectivity issue which arise at times that can cause hindrance during the conversations and probably thats because of the bandwitdth issue which you have at that specific location but i have also faced similar issues when large number of audience is attending the same meeting. Not sure if this case is only with me or not.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best product for Video conferencing and meeting if you are using rest of the google suite products as well, since that makes collaboration very easy

If you are using google products for your businuess needs across then, google hangout is the product to go for since it directly syncs with your contacts, calendar, docs and most importantly email.

Google Hangouts review by Ashly E.
Co-Founder

"Its a great tool for offshore team management"

What do you like best?

The best part is that it is easy to customize and setup, we had done the same in no time. hangouts is a great tool to chat with our employees on different parts of the world without any delay and share screen in an easy manner. With hangouts we can now manage them effectively, run our meetings, scrum calls etc without any hassle. The ability to share files, screen at the same time while talking is one of the best feature we see on hangout.

What do you dislike?

The one issue is with pricing, as it is a bit high and cannot be afforded for small companies. Also it could be nice if we could cache the files send so that bandwidth can be saved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for all types of companies. All functionalities are included which is needed.

We are finding it difficult to manage the teams who are on various of the world and we tried hangouts and now almost all of our issues are solved ! it saved us by effectively connecting us all though online all time !

Google Hangouts review by Zach B.
Producer

"A smooth platform for video calls and text chats"

What do you like best?

Connecting to Google Hangouts is an easy process that can be done quickly. I can add my contacts to my account for easier access and to see if they're online. The audio and video quality are usually very crisp and clear. It's convenient for Google users to sign up since it's already part of the Google account. I like being able to share and control remote screens and send links and other text information during our calls.

What do you dislike?

The remote screen access feature was a bit difficult to activate. Even after I used it the first time, I wasn't able to get to it right away the next few times. Though it's been sufficient for most of my uses thus, there are times when I try to click or dray something on the remote screen and it doesn't register on the remote end.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd give Google Hangouts a try to at least compare it to the call quality of other solutions you might be considering. Google Hangouts has most features other more expensive solutions have, so I'd suggest trying it out first to see if it meets your needs.

Google Hangouts has been an easy and cost-effective way for me to host or join online meetings with many communication features. Being able to show and view resources visually online allows for more thorough collaborations. It's an easy way for me to know if people are online and allows me to connect with them quickly. To make sure they're actually free, I can just text them before calling.

Google Hangouts review by Elizabeth (Lynn) H.
Independent Contract Writer
Hospital & Health Care

"Excellent product, simple and easy to use; great to message others on "

What do you like best?

I love how simple it is to use. It's like, point, click, share. What's not to like about it? I think it's very easy to teach others on. Within seconds, you can have this product, and you can be messaging people on it. You can add and contact and connect with others. What's not to like? There's a million ways you can use this for chatting to make your chatting easier. It's extremely affordable for an instant messaging program.

What do you dislike?

You can't edit messages, I really wish you could edit, reword or delete messages. It's got a slightly different feel on mobile, too, but it's pretty easy to get used too and it has all of the same features, at least.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's so easy to setup! With a few simple clicks, you'll be well on your way to setting this up. I really like it and would highly recommend it to anyone.

It's easy to connect with business professionals on here. With a simple point and click and some buttons you're easily able to share your content. It's available 24/7 and I've never had a single issue contacting anyone. It's a great product, it's really easy to use and setup, and it's very helpful for our mobility. I think it's a great product and it's a wonderful thing. I appreciate how much hard work and dedication has gone into this product; it's a 10/10 user-friendly interface, and I would happily buy it again. Thanks, Google. I appreciate it! :D It's really amazingly awesome for something so simple.

Google Hangouts review by Magdaline g.
PDTP Cohort III

"Google Hangout, best messaging app for official businesses "

What do you like best?

Google Hangouts is a product by Google which is a crucial communication tool for texting, Video Calling and voice chats. The platform can be used as a one-on-one tool or in group chats which makes it very convenient. All you need is to have a gmail account and it is automatically integrated into Google+. In addition to this, it is versatile as google has developed it for Android and iOS. Because of this feature, it is mobile and one can also use away from the office setting.

A good tool for file sharing, though the size is limited.

They have a search tool and one gets notifications making it hard to miss any new message.

It is indeed a very useful communication tool.

What do you dislike?

Most people prefer other messaging tools and not many people are aware about google Hangout.

One must be online to use this app and therefore if someone is offline they cannot see the text in good time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please try this platform for official communication for corporate and personal uses.

It has the video and audio conferencing tool which is easy to use and high quality.

It is a secure platform for corporate environment unlike other social networks, therefore one can comfortably share confidential information.

It has several features: Video Chats and texting.

the quality of video chat is also great.

One can also share files and easily get notifications if one is online.

Google Hangouts review by Luke W.
Owner
Music
(10,001+ employees)

"Fun Platform but Not as Relevant as it Used to Be"

What do you like best?

I think this is best for those addicted to Google and all it does especially those who only use ChromeBooks, Nexus/Pixel smartphones, and want everything in their life without any other software meddling with their precious Google. For you guys, Hangouts is fantastic! It's an ideal streamlined communications portal for replacing all the junk Facebook Messenger does (awful app) and easy fix to a bad default text app on your phone. It syncs across all devices which is fantastic. Offers easy document and file sharing, and makes itself a very smart case for drawing in the whole Google suit from any where thru WIFI and LTE.

What do you dislike?

I'm not a fan of Hangouts compared to Textra as a messaging app. Hangouts feels awkward and weird on my Moto Z Play. It's like it wasn't designed for anything except pure Google devices. I tried Hangouts for a few months but switched back to my default app (before discovering Textra) - I'm not a fan of the overall design/layout and feel it's gotten left behind my more hardcore developed apps like Textra and even iMessage does a better job syncing across devices as far as a ONE BRAND FOR EVERYTHING mentality goes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ideal if your whole life revolves around your Google devices and software.

Not many solutions solved by Hangouts anymore. Worked well until I found Textra.

Google Hangouts review by Zenab B.
Client Support Representative
Telecommunications

"Google Hangouts - All In One App "

What do you like best?

- I use google hangouts to connect with my old colleagues and chat with old friends.

- You can even chat or call while using mailbox, that means you can work simultaneously. It is combination of email and messaging app.

- The best thing about hangouts is it don’t only add and search people within your groups or contact list.

- Audio and video quality of calls are also good.

- There are some stickers also available to kill the boredom and quick conversation.

- It’s very easy to understand and use no complex features included. It will be very handy from the first day onward.

- Free version is also available.

What do you dislike?

- It is not possible to permanently remove someone from google hangouts. You must block that person that is only an option.

- Sometime desktop notification appears late, like after a few seconds of another person stop typing

- It works well in windows and android no idea about IOS.

- It can be improved with more features & Updates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

- Recommendable for small, medium as well as large scale organisation.

- I love this application. I use this everyday for at least 8 to 9 hours.

-For me hangouts are like coffee, needed and essential.

Whenever you need to know something important and quick and you can wait fro mails reply, under this situations you can completely relay on google hangouts to have quick answers through quick conversations.

Google Hangouts review by Liz C.
Senior Scientist

"Multitask while you see and talk to people"

What do you like best?

I love that you can talk to multiple people at the same time and googlehangout is made so when someone is talking, the video switches to that person as opposed to everyone at the same time. Its very organized and is user friendly

What do you dislike?

sometime there is poor connection depending on where you are at or where the people you are talking to are located. So, you might here them but the video is frozen or you can't see them or vise versa.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you are at a place with good wifi connection and maybe practice beforehand so everyone's video and audio works before the meeting time.

It has made life easier so I don't have to meet with my team in person and we can meet at the convenience of our home or wherever that may be.

Google Hangouts review by Christina Y.
Recruiter

"Great tool for meetings!"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it is a communication platform like Skype, but it is within Google. Our company uses Google for everything, mail, docs, forms, etc. and it is just a lot more convenient to have it all products on the same interface. The share screen option is pretty awesome too because you can give training sessions and give your audience a chance to take control of the mouse.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had a recording feature on it the most, but being able to use it like Skype would be awesome. To have a telephone feature would be even more appealing to users and possible other users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it if you are already using Google for email and other applications within Gsuite. If not, I would suggest Skype.

We use it to communicate within department and company-wide meetings.

Google Hangouts review by Cesar L.
Soporte Técnico de Sistemas Microinformáticos y Redes

"HANGOUTS"

What do you like best?

Lo mejor de Hangouts es que te permite estar comunicado en todo momento con tu equipo de trabajo sin pagar tarifas adicionales a compañías telefónicas, excepto la de internet. Porque es obvio decir que necesitarás estar conectado para poderla usar.

Además de videoconferencia, también ofrece posibilidad de comunicación mediante mensajes escritos y la opción añadir archivos para compartir.

Es una herramienta en constante revisión por el equipo de soporte de Google, así que tienes seguridad casi garantizada al 99%.

También permite compartir el escritorio para mostrar a tu interlocutor.

Además es gratuita.

What do you dislike?

Lo que no me gusta es que para que vaya bien, necesita de un buen ancho de banda.

No hay posibilidad de momento de 4k en la resolución de las videoconferencias.

Si no tienes cuanta de correo de gmail o de Google for Work (G Suite), no podrás hacer uso de ella.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Herramienta muy conocida, todo el mundo tiene cuenta en Gmail, así que podrás comunicarte con quien quieras, de tu propia empresa, o ajena a ella, y realizar videoconferencias o chats con compartición de archivos de forma rápida y eficaz. Totalmente gratis.

La utilizamos como medio de comunicación interno en la empresa, sobretodo la opción de chat escrito y compartición de archivos. Y como también hemos necesitado en ocasiones mostrar averías o situaciones desde un lugar a otro alejados físicamente, la opción de poder enseñarlo a nuestro compañero vía videoconferencia, ha sido de utilidad.

La opción de compartir escritorio, nos ha sido también de gran ayuda en numerosas ocasiones, al mostrar a algún cliente como debe realizar cierta opción en el escritorio de su sistema operativo.

Google Hangouts review by Trenton C.
Online Marketing Manager

"Cheap communication tool. Great for IM, okay for calls."

What do you like best?

Google hangouts is a great communication tool. I've used it for everything instant messaging colleagues to calling back home from outside the country.

What do you dislike?

Audio/video calls can drop instantly and inexplicably because of wifi/data. This can be frustrating and can happen seemingly out of the blue. Call quality often leaves something to be desired, and there is generally a lag in communicating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great free communication software for group colleague chat. However too finicky to rely solely on for audio/video calls.

Hangouts is an easy way for colleagues, friends or family to stay in touch. It's easy for small teams to create group chats and have quick discussions. I find that if I'm dialling a North American number that may be outside the country I often just use Hangouts, and have probably often made local calls using the app.