GoDaddy Domains

The most successful businesses use the same set of words and images in all customer touchpoints – on their website, in their emails and order confirmations, on their signs, etc. This is branding at its simplest. And the digital pieces of your brand all spring from your domain name.

Work for GoDaddy Domains?

Learning about GoDaddy Domains?

GoDaddy Domains Reviews

Showing 25 GoDaddy Domains reviews
GoDaddy Domains review by Andrew P.
Andrew P.

"We've happily used GoDaddy for domain registration for years"

What do you like best?

GoDaddy Domains have an extensive amount of domain name extension offerings. On the GoDaddy website's home page, we can conveniently search for available domain name extensions just by searching one keyword. I like that we can see the prices right next to each extension offering, which helps us to figure out the best deals. For domain names that are not immediately available, we can see if they are for sale by the current owner with the possibility of placing an offer for the domain.

What do you dislike?

Working with the DNS manager can be rather confusing for certain configurations. Domain names that I own or connect to my GoDaddy account for external management don't always show up in the domains list. I've also gotten some assistance from GoDaddy's domain team that didn't end up working. It seemed like the support person was just reading from a support resource without actually considering the issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

GoDaddy is a household name for domain name registration for a reason. I think most businesses should be able to trust GoDaddy for their domain name registrations because they've been in business with many companies for years. You can also get a great amount of control over your domain name's DNS settings.

For the majority of the time we've used GoDaddy for domain registration, we've gotten great service from them. We use GoDaddy domain names for our marketing landing pages, event registration pages and standard company business websites. The domain name propagation times are usually well under the standard waiting times. We've sometimes had domain names propagate within a just a few hours even though it can sometimes take days.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about GoDaddy Domains
GoDaddy Domains review by Bradley D.
Bradley D.

"A top domain registrar that is dependable and has good customer service"

What do you like best?

The domain lookup tool is easy to use and is accessible right away when we load the main page of the GoDaddy website. After a search, we can see an extensive list of domain names related to searches. I can often get ideas about new domain registrations with extensions I might not have initially considered. I think a big positive quality about GoDaddy Domains is their customer service. They have helped me sort out domain settings issues that were quite complicated and time sensitive.

What do you dislike?

When I buy domains through the GoDaddy website, I'm often given extra options to buy other products that I definitely do not need. It can be confusing and cumbersome to have to go through all of the extra sales options. At first, I and some other people I work with weren't sure if we were required to purchase certain products that were presented to us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can probably find lower priced options elsewhere, but I think I would recommend GoDaddy Domains over other registrars since they've been in the market for many years and are one of the most popular companies. I think their customer service is top tier and really sets them apart from other companies.

GoDaddy Domains has been a reliable domain registration company that offers a full range of domain products. Aside from actual domain name registrations, we can buy private registrations, SSL certificates and other products to help maximize the effectiveness of our domain names. Using the domain name control name has been straightforward for basic configurations. We've used domain names from GoDaddy Domains for many successful marketing campaigns.

What Domain Registration solution do you use?

GoDaddy Domains review by Krystal P.
Krystal P.

"excellent prices and support "

What do you like best?

I loved how everything was so easy. Go Daddy helped me with out having to stress and made everything so nice.i was giving the oppurtunity to call customer service for addinional information and the way they helped me was very profesional and they helped me with all the questions i had with out any hesitation.

What do you dislike?

I actually dont have a dislike. everything was awesome. the website was very understandable and i found everything i was looking for in a short amount of time. i honestly adore everything that was given to me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Call customer service and buy all the doamins i need to be able to get a really good deal or even a great discount.

what i liked about go daddy is that i can have all my domains in one place making everything very easy. buying all the domains i was given a 30% discount and wow that was awesome !!!!

GoDaddy Domains review by Mariana I.
Mariana I.

"GoDaddy, best option for domains"

What do you like best?

It's way of making creating, hosting and keeping a domain super easy even though you don't get what you're doing.

The security it puts to the account, you have a number and you keep it and then a password. It's really cool.

For renewals, they let you know before, they remind you in case you forgot, like a month before.

It's actually cheap to get a domain -at least for the first year-

They have more services you can use and they all may have the same quality.

What do you dislike?

They used to send a lot of emails promoting the other services which is cool but they were too many, I had to deactivated the email notifications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read the help section if you have any doubts or also contact them, they will really help you even though process is really simple.

Don't be afraid of security because they back you up, it's really nice.

I had to use it because we used to have a company who ran the whole website -incluiding domain- but we wanted to make some changes to it and they were charging like a lot so we decided to move website and to host our domain with GoDaddy. We are so happy with it because they do not bother you with current emails and the transition was easy and GoDaddy help section helped me a lot.

GoDaddy Domains review by Andrew M.
Andrew M.

"Over 40 Domains Registered and Zero Problems"

What do you like best?

It is as simple as it can be to get the domain name I need, add it to my cart, buy it and get it up and live in no time. I manage over 40 domains for various businesses I own and for clients those businesses serve and it's completely streamlined. GoDaddy has got this down to a science. No surprises, no worries, no question that GoDaddy is the industry leader in URL / Domain hosting and management

What do you dislike?

Have to go to four different screens to configure a new URL before going live. Would be nice if there were one central dashboard from where I could get everything configured.

Host and manage over 40 website domains

GoDaddy Domains review by inTec M.
inTec M.

"Go daddy offers cheap domains and affordable hosting "

What do you like best?

Most of all I like the capabilities of godaddys browser based management panel. They also have support that is readily available 24/7 which is a must for a business owner and particularly a web admin.

What do you dislike?

The clutter and confusion of their website and system cab be high and at times make things hard to figure out for the end user. Because Godaddy has grown so large and focused on smaller customers and more recreational and personal use cases, their support, pricing and ease of use are all very poor now from the perspective of an IT administrator. They have a large emphasis on sticking upgrade options at you at every turn so an inexperienced user can throw money at them at every turn if they arent careful or know what they need and require for their particular projects. It's with this confusing practice that an experienced developer or it admin would be frustrated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to choose a hosting plan with your domains so you can get your websites up immediately with out needing a web host but suggested to choose a host that is not tied to Godaddy because their focus does not appear to be directed towards hosting and their system lacks in many ways.

Acquiring, maintaining and administering domains and servers for various websites, dynamic web applications and other use cases.

GoDaddy Domains review by Amanda H.
Amanda H.

"Hosting that offers alternatives and competative pricing."

What do you like best?

I liked that I was able to keep the domain that I wanted. If I kept my domain paid for more than a year it was guaranteed to be mine at the set low price. However, I would need to hope that my domain isn't bought out.

What do you dislike?

I disliked that I was locked into a yearly price that was low but if someone else wanted to buy it over me they could.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would look at the prices you are willing to pay. Also, keep in mind that your domain may already be taken and you might need a different website name.

I was able to keep my business domain and begin using their website builder to enhance my site.

GoDaddy Domains review by Jon P.
Jon P.

"Affordable domains with almost no DNS issues."

What do you like best?

My favorite feature of GoDaddy Domains is how easy they make it to connect to your eCommerce platform. We acquired a couple domains from GoDaddy for a new business line we were launching along with a new eCommerce platform. Acquiring the domains and connecting them to our eCommerce platform could not have been easier. They had an automatic tool to complete it and we did not have to mess with any of the manual settings ourselves.

What do you dislike?

The pricing they offer is very competitive especially the initial acquisition, but the auto-renew doesn't keep the discounts. GoDaddy also charges an extra monthly fee to keep domain owner information private. It's understandable though and a worth the extra cost.

We are using GoDaddy Domains to acquire all our domains as we have not had any issues with them and enjoy the service they provide. GoDaddy makes is very simple to use and they communicate well throughout the process about renewing. It's really a set it and forget it type service that requires very little effort on our part.

GoDaddy Domains review by Manny J.
Manny J.

"Great domain pricing"

What do you like best?

The ease of registering for a domain and their prices are always competitive, which makes it easier for us to frequent this site for various domain registrations.

What do you dislike?

The endless add-on prompts... guess good pricing comes with a catch which is to navigate through and decline most, if not all of their add-ons.

Capturing key domain names to leverage our presence in the market. Speed is key here.

GoDaddy Domains review by Alex C.
Alex C.

"Easy simple and cheap way to order doamins"

What do you like best?

What I like best is that is the simple to find ideas for order domains

What do you dislike?

the up sale stuff, really is a bit annoying when you know what you want you don't like that also preselecting features that I don't want to order

Recommendations to others considering the product

Super easy to order domain they sell many other services but I use them for domains and I'm happy about what I get so far, yes I recommend to any level user

I buy all domain for my own project or clients project through GoDaddy

GoDaddy Domains review by Iris W.
Iris W.

"Great hosting and more"

What do you like best?

Having so many predicts in the same place

What do you dislike?

Renewal prices aren't the same as purchase prices

I love having so many of my products at the same place.

GoDaddy Domains review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"Well, it's not hard to use"

What do you like best?

If you really aren't well-versed in searching for a domain, this is easy enough to handle. Type in the name you want, see if it's available and, boom, you're on your way.

What do you dislike?

Once you are in for a domain, there's a strong chance you may use other GoDaddy products. I'd rather stick with someone with good customer support and billing practices that don't leave you wondering if you got a good deal.

I know what I'm doing, so I don't need this. You can generally get a good initial rate, but the more you know about this, the less you want to deal with GoDaddy.

GoDaddy Domains review by Preston M.
Preston M.

"So easy to use"

What do you like best?

Love this feature it makes it so easy to find and manage your domains.

What do you dislike?

It can be confusing at times. But overall I like it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out and see for yourself how easy it is. I love the number of features they have. I am sure you will like it.

I am able to see and manage all my domains from an easy place. Makes my life way less stressful.

GoDaddy Domains review by Alyse S.
Alyse S.

"Super easy and cheap way to get a domain."

What do you like best?

The cost! Super cheap for getting a domain for my store. Wasn't for sure how long I would need the domain, but ended up buying for 3 years because it was so cheap!

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to not like. Getting your first domain is cheap and easy.

A domain name for my online store.

"Good service"

What do you like best?

The service is great, I transferred a domain almost at the deadline, the process was simple and quite fast.

What do you dislike?

The only flaw of GoDaddy, lies in the prices. Comparing the products offered with other service providers, we find high prices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it a lot for managing domains, but for ancillary services like hosting and email a little less. Cause pretty high prices.

I've been transferring a domain in an emergency, it had expired and all the mail services were down. With a minimum expense I requested the transfer and I waited.

GoDaddy Domains review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Domain search/ buy/sale in just one place"

What do you like best?

Website easy to use

You can sell/buy or maintenance your domain names in one place

What do you dislike?

Website gets clunky some times

Mobile app sucks

I can buy/sell any domain I can from one place

Prices are competitives

Costumer support is god most of the times

"Easy"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use and inexpensive. 1st year is very cheap. Cost does go up after that.

What do you dislike?

There is not anything to dislike other than the cost going up after the 1st year.

Got a good domain to start my new business.

GoDaddy Domains review by User

"Good and simple domain service"

What do you like best?

Simple and easy to use website, with all the basic tools

What do you dislike?

Nothing to report I dislike. I'd mention that the extra clicks to get to the login page are redundant.

Managing some website domains

GoDaddy Domains review by Administrator

"Don't need to be an IT guru to use this"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Anyone can create an account and get their domain registered.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike here. Really easy to use and implement

We have registered several domains and businesses here. it's a great product

GoDaddy Domains review by Betty S.
Betty S.

"User Friendly"

What do you like best?

GoDaddy Domains is a very user friendly platform

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about using GoDaddy Domains

It was easy to set up a domain and manage it through GoDaddy domains.

GoDaddy Domains review by User

"Very simple to use."

What do you like best?

The ease of the website, how recommendations appeared if you didn’t see the domain you were looking for.

What do you dislike?

The pricing for domains were kinda high and it can be a monthly or yearly plan.

Finding an available business domain or need something available if the one I wanted wasn’t available.

"Lead Webdeveloper"

What do you like best?

Easy to manage contol panel, all features in place.

What do you dislike?

To many changes to interface without prior notice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can relly on this service. It is solid and helpful. You wont be sorry. Join & Save.

I can control all my domains, manage it easily, have a greqt discounts for renewals or new orders.

GoDaddy Domains review by User in Farming
User in Farming

"easy fast and good customer service"

What do you like best?

it is easy and good set up we do not need any technichal know for buy domain and hosting easy step

What do you dislike?

there are not like that to dislike they alway improve according to need

yes i bought domain

GoDaddy Domains review by Administrator in Hospitality
Administrator in Hospitality

"Confusing but hey it gets the job done "

What do you like best?

Allows the user to promote their business and products in a user friendly way. The system is very straight forward

What do you dislike?

Too straight forward with limitations that doesn’t show all products

Marketing our products

GoDaddy Domains review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Ease"

What do you like best?

The ease of registering and signing up process.

What do you dislike?

There was not anything that i disliked from this

Ease of hosting and getting the site up and live

Learning about GoDaddy Domains?

* We monitor all GoDaddy Domains reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.