Gliffy Reviews & Product Details

Gliffy Overview

What is Gliffy?

Diagrams are as powerful as they are versatile. They get people to see the big picture. They help teams vault over communication hurdles. They can be equally useful for looking at high-level plans or drilling down to the smallest detail. And, if you think there’s no inner diagramming Jedi waiting to awaken within you, give us a chance to prove you wrong. Visual Language is Universal Chances are, you’ve experienced the instant disorientation that sets in when you visit a country and don’t speak the language. You immediately regress to a time when you couldn’t read and symbols become your new best friends. Symbols can guide you to food, shelter and gas. They can help you avoid danger and tell you when to stop and when to go. Diagrams (comprised of multiple symbols) are even more powerful. A diagram can align a team, clarify a process, communicate a complicated idea and get departments with different areas of expertise to finally understand each other. Whether you’re a software engineer, a product manager, work in marketing or HR or just want to show your brilliant sense of humor, there’s a diagram for you.

Gliffy Details
Discussions
Gliffy Community
German, English, Japanese, Russian, Spanish, Chinese (Simplified)

Easily create professional-quality flowcharts, diagrams, floor plans, technical drawings, and more on-line!

Perforce
1995
Minneapolis, MN
@perforce

Gliffy Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Gliffy community
Have you used Gliffy before?

Gliffy Reviews

Showing 35 Gliffy reviews
Ratings (1)
Already have Gliffy?
Digital Manager
Working Student - Project Management
Industrial Automation
What do you like best?

It is very easy to use and you can do any kind of visualization just by dragging and dropping from thousands of available templates and figures. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Formatting can be a bit tricky if you are new to it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try to explore it as much as you can, there are lots of hidden features/options. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am using it on Confluence to make charts, diagrams, info-graphics etc.

The benefits I have realized is that it is very quick as it already has lots of templates and figures to choose from, also you can actually make very accurate diagrams as it has this feature of grid/guide lines like PowerPoint. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

team manager
What do you like best?

What I like most about Gliffy is that it has a lot of tools that are very necessary to be able to design different types of diagrams in the form of conceptual maps with a professional touch. It is also a great online software and allows us to design high quality online diagrams in a very simple way, although we can use this application without having to be registered Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We dislike it when they offer the free test, because they allow you to create very few diagrams and the idea is to have enough in practice to perfect everything related to the flow diagrams. But with this detail that Gliffy has, my company plans to continue using it since it is very efficient to share attractive diagrams and online. We have obtained extraordinary with this software and we feel comfortable and very happy with the evolution of our business Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Gliffy is recommended as it has a strong emphasis on collaborative aspects and version control, it is also a very popular tool for creating online diagrams. Gliffy allows you to model all UML diagrams as well as a variety of other types of diagrams, for example it supports the BPMN process models very well Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We realized that with Gliffy you can record a diagram of all the things you must do for your company. But it has also helped us to make new images if you want t-shirts and stickers. Now with the arrival of this software to my business if we can organize the levels for an organization, since in this way the processes are easier than ever Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Analyst
What do you like best?

Super simple to use and self-teach. There is a variety of searchable icons, visuals and images, and everything "snaps" into place. It was very simple to learn the functionality of all the buttons and features, and it was easy to connect diagram images since everything snaps into place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Gliffy could improve by adding even more images and icons in order to make wire-framing easier. I'd say that Gliffy is easier to use as a business workflow diagram builder than a true UX design tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We needed to build workflow diagrams to explain our business processes and the subsequent software processes that were involved. Gliffy allowed me to display both in the diagram and make it easy to discern between the two. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

With this program I can easily create a UML diagrams. Have a lot of different options and images. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is hard to copy some pattern Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need to create easily UML diagrams, flowcharts, wireframes this program is for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mostly I create a diagram which represents the program execution sequence Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

HR Manager
What do you like best?

We primarily used Gliffy for ERDs, as well as UI mock-ups for mobile and web applications. The ease of use is what has drawn us to it. It has a crisp, clean interface and it is easy for non-technical employees to perform the tasks we need them to do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's really not anything to dislike about it! Gliffy works well and does what we expect it to do! Perhaps some additional customization options would help sweeten the deal a bit more! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Gliffy is a great application. We thoroughly enjoy working with it, and you will too! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We wanted an easy way to create ERDs and application mock ups for non-technical employees. Anyone on our staff can create these documents using Gliffy with minimal trouble. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CI
What do you like best?

It's easy and intuitive to use, and they have a wide array of equipment, so you can find exactly what you're looking for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike. The only issue I've had is the layout can get a bit crammed for larger networks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creating a diagram allows much better support for a client, as any tech can view the relevant configuration and layout, even if they've never been to the site. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Ease of use, which makes it FUN! We are a small business who needed an Org chart, and Gliffy was a blast to use. I appreciate their free option and find the color schema and options for graphics more than adequate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Didn't play nice with all internet browsers (IE/Edge and had to download Chrome for this program only). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have an Org chart and it really helps with communication and clarity for our staff as we've grown. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Service Manager
What do you like best?

The quick access to a versatile tool with a simple tool with lots of tool's that work's in several different situations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the advanced tool's that you'd like to use when creating for instance flowcharts that you get when buying more expensive sofware is missing, but you get what you pay for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it, and buy it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Flowcharts, flowcharts and more flowcharts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Independiente desde casa
E-Learning
What do you like best?

Gliffy is an online service that you can use for making traditional flowcharts. However, if you think outside the box, you can use this software to make a lot more: I like that I can use all of the images and forms they offer to drag them into the Gliffy sheet, add some text and color, and then export it as an image file. The most exciting part is that then I can take this image and use it for printing it onto shirts, and they look really cool. This is the part I mostly like about Gliffy, and I love it for this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to say that I love this software as it is, but that won't be true. This is because there's something I dislike about Gliffy, and this is the fact that it is very limited when it comes to pre-made figures and images, as it should offer many more types of these. What I mean to say is that, right now, Gliffy offers a nice collection of images and forms, which are a great fit for flowcharts. But what I´d like is that Gliffy offered many more types of images, forms, and even illustrations to make the software a lot more versatile. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Gliffy is a good software for making charts and flowcharts. But it also can serve to make fresh images if you for shirts and stickers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As I stated in this review, one of the things I do as part of my freelance business is to make images that can be printed onto shirts. Gliffy allows me to make fresh and cool images for these shirts I sell, and the best part is that I don´t even have to create these images with Gliffy, as I only have to take the existing ones and then exporting them, so they're ready to be printed. Gliffy is the core of this activity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Trabajadora en el hogar
Animation
What do you like best?

Has been invaluable to for me. The best part of Gliffy is that I can use it to create diagram help me remember how to do something, I mean or doing something. I know that you usually make different types of charts, nonetheless, As it is very easy to add forms, arrows and lines to a diagram, and drop them into the grid, I can use Gliffy to create a new "chart" that won´t let me forget any step for any of the business activities I perform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The first thing that comes to my mind is that I cannot choose the type of color I want, and even the worse, I cannot choose colors for the arrows I pick out for my graphics. This is not a very important feature for me but it would be nice to have the ability to choose any type of color I want for my charts so that I can differentiate all of my graphics and ideas. Furthermore, I think that the forms provided are very limited. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Gliffy is a nice tool for making any type of graphics, but it´s also a great tool for making small charts that can remind you how to do anything in your business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Gliffy is an important tool for me that lets me organize all of my charts that containt all of the steps and processes I do for my business, And this is an important part for any type of business, because if you know how to do make things more efficiently inside your own business, you'll have more time to do your job and earn more money. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

FREELANCER GRÁFICO (HOME BUSINESS)
Graphic Design
What do you like best?

Probably the thing I can say I like the best is that gliffy is very user friendly, as making charts and graphics can be done within seconds: basically, I just drag any figure (such as rectangles, triangles, stars and arrows) and drop them into the "graphic space", and of course then I need to write any indication for those forms (as I do with any flow chart or graphic) and then the chart is ready. An additional thing I like is that I can add life and color to the chart too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Perhaps the thing I really dislike is that I can´t find a way to create and add custom forms to the software, and save them as predetermined: it would be great to create your own custom "figures" to give your charts that additional "personality" feel, but as far as I know, gliffy lacks this feature. The final thing that´s no great is that it´s a bit expensive, because 7.99 for this software is a bit high, and even worse if you have to pay a year in advance to get that price. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This little software makes it easy for anyone to make graphics and charts, so if what you want is an easy way to create charts for work or school, you should get your copy of Gliffy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Gliffy lets me make different types of graphics and charts, with a bit of life (as they can be colored), and this gives me the ability to have any type of inofrmation I use for work and study in form of an easy and digestible chart so that I can use whenever I need it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

COSTURA CASERA
Design
What do you like best?

What I like best is that anyone can easily create a flow chart by only dragging and dropping forms, arrows, and that´s basically all we have to do!!! Another thing I do like is that after I drag and drop any form into the grid, then it automatically appears a text box where I can add any information needed for the flow chart to be finished. One last thing I like a lot is that I can also create simple mind maps with Gliffy, and it´s as easy as dragging and dropping too! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

What I don´t like at all is how color works with Gliffy: I can´t add color to each individual form or arrow; instead of this, I only get to choose among a few color themes, and most of them aren´t what I´m looking for (regarding color). It would be outstanding if Gliffy added an option to fill each individual box and arrow with any custom color of my choice. What I dislike about this online service is its price, because even if eight dollars seem like a low price, I think the software could be a bit lower, like four dollars per month Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Gliffy will make diagramming and making mind maps easy for you. If you have to create tons of these, then this would be the perfect software for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I create flowcharts for some customers and for my own home business in a quick way. Being organized is a crucial skill that any organization or process should have, and Gliffy allows every business owner (or person in charge of a process) to do exactly that. Gliffy has made organizing the levels for an organization and for processes easier than ever. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UX Manager and UI Developer
Internet
What do you like best?

The best feature is its ease of use. I was able to understand the tool from the first moment I started using it and it helped me to create flowcharts in an easy way that my colleages can to understand.

Another feature I really like is that I can create flows in a very fast way. In less than an hour, I can have a very well-developed idea to be presented to my boss. This is a characteristic that I appreciate very much, since it has made me gain points in the relationship that I have with my superiors.

Last but not least, I would like to say that the free version is very functional, and particularly to me, it has helped me a lot, since I have done several projects without having to worry about the price. That is, I think it is one of the best tools in relation to price / quality, because the free service is truly 'freemium'.

In my particular top 10 applications (which I use in my day to day work), gliffy, has earned by own meridian, one of the top 5 positions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That for the free account, there are very few diagrams that can be made. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I live and work in Latin America, and I think prices are very high for the economies of developing countries. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am a UX designer and one of the pillars of my work are the user flows. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Product Engineer
What do you like best?

I use gliffy as my number 1 diagramming tool for all my projects and tutorials in my youtube channel. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I cant' find anything to dislike but I would like to see more icons in the search! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

building tutorials using ERD/networking diagrams Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Freelancer de diseño indsutrial y gráfico
Animation
What do you like best?

I constantly use Gliffy for creating flowcharts. I really enjoy the fact that I can create a flowchart in a few minutes by only dragging and dropping my favorite shapes from the left “shape panel”, and then I can instantly add text inside that same shape in an automatic way, by only clicking inside it. I also enjoy the fact that I can easily edit and re-arrange the shape of the chart by only clicking on the desired form. Finally, I do love the fact that I can easily add color to my flowchart shapes!!! It´s really that simple!!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There´s only one thing I don´t like about Gliffy: it doesn´t have a pre-made arrow pointing downwards. I mean, this isn´t a big issue, because you can replace the missing downward arrow with a “free form line”, which you can also create by only clicking on the “line icon”; it would be really nice to have a pre-made downward arrow though. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you´re thinking to use Gliffy for creating flowcharts, then you can´t be wrong: you´ll have a nice flowchart ready within a few minutes, and I really mean it. If you want to create a color flowchart, it will take you a couple more minutes, but this “extra-time” is well worth it. If for any reason, you want an alternative to Gliffy, a tool called “Creately” is a good match. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The most likely business problem someone can solve with Gliffy is the ability to make your own flow charts so that you can have a (learning) process or idea clearly defined, for easy and, future reference. That´s a feature that every business needs to have, even if it´s a personal home freelance business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I enjoy the graph paper design to ensure even spacing and visualization. One of the best programs I've used to create org charts Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be great to have a few more project spaces in the free version. Some quality issues when converting JPEGs into PDF etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use our Gliffy account to create large org charts. The program provides us with a clean, easy to use tools. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UD
What do you like best?

Easiness of drag-drop features in the gliffy tools Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Inability of creating layers and locking them also not able to use tabs like draw.io Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sequence diagrams Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

VP of Technology & Human Resources
What do you like best?

Gliffy is easy to get going with, especially if you need to get a visual together in a pinch. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything that I particularly dislike about Gliffy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Gliffy for visualizing Org Charts and business processes Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

It's FREE for students who have a .edu email. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish the website had more ready to use templates for different UML diagrams so that users don't have to make every diagram from scratch. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're a student, I strongly recommend using Gliffy for all UML related projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps me make UML for my software development class. I literally got a 99% because of gliffy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love the way the software is structured and intuitive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more features that could be used. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This is perfect for flowcharts and wireframing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

Gliffy is so easy to pick up and learn, I was working within an hour of starting to use it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

While the new integration to Google Drive is awesome, it's sometimes confusing when you go to save a file, expect to see a "save" dialog screen, and don't get anything. It's because you have to choose between Drive or Gliffy first, then it'll bring up the rest of the save process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Gliffy gives us an easy tool to use when we need to quickly map out a workflow process, single website landing page wireframe or even a whole website sitemap/wireframes. Presenting ideas in wireframe format without design or content, rather than mocking up a rough design in Photoshop, removes the confusion and tendency for management to focus only on design, allowing us to focus on the intent of the page and decide how the page should function first, then move to a mockup with design. The whole web design process just goes so much smoother. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Direttore generale
Translation and Localization
What do you like best?

I especially like the predefined shapes and vectors, that you can use to create your diagram without spending time in finding the right item to include in the diagram. The fact that they still offer a free version (limited to 5 public diagrams) is also a plus, because I use it only from time to time. Another advantage is that you can download your diagram as PNG, JPG, but also SVG, meaning that you can use it in an external editor, should you need to. And it's really fast, even though it's web-based. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The interface might not be very fancy, but I find it very usable and clean. So there's nothing I really dislike. Maybe they could add more font types: right now the choice is quite limited. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are lots of tools for diagramming on the market, but Gliffy has a few features that stand out. One of them is the integration with Google Drive (for Business Team level). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We used Gliffy to create a few workflow diagrams for our internal process documentation. We needed a flexible, yet easy tool and Gliffy was the best choice, since it didn't involve much training. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sr. Manager - Enterprise Information Management
What do you like best?

I've used tools like Visio in the past and it is great, but the price tag when rolling out to an organization was a bit steep. Gliffy used within Confluence for diagrams, workflows, and other visuals makes what could be just some words and images now into very powerful pages of knowledge. Gliffy has predefined templates to modify that have nice color and shape variations as well as a decent toolbox to work from. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

While Gliffy isn't the most robust tool of its kind on the market, the simple interface is nice, but when you want very professional diagrams it keeps them at a functional and pleasing layout. Really, for what it is there isn't much to dislike about it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have only used Gliffy in the context of Confluence, but know that there is a stand alone version of it also. As was stated previously, Gliffy very satisfactorily allows you to create diagrams with ease as well as providing may pre-built diagrams for you to work from as needed. The diagram objects are plentiful and look nice on screen as well as printed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Gliffy is a great enterprise tool that the entire organization can utilize inline with their other documentation and knowledge sharing materials. If Gliffy is used within the Confluence platform the options are limitless as to what can be portrayed by the diagrams embedded within pages. Another great feature is the ability to link natively to other Confluence pages as well as to external sites. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Continuing Education Coordinator
Non-Profit Organization Management
What do you like best?

Ease of use. Flexibility. Creativity. I like that I was able to create a usable and shareable flow chart within just a few minutes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The user interface has a bit of a learning curve to it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can create flow charts that help me demonstrate to other groups how processes work so that our work can flow more smoothly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.