Gliffy Reviews & Product Details

Gliffy Overview

What is Gliffy?

Diagrams are as powerful as they are versatile. They get people to see the big picture. They help teams vault over communication hurdles. They can be equally useful for looking at high-level plans or drilling down to the smallest detail. And, if you think there’s no inner diagramming Jedi waiting to awaken within you, give us a chance to prove you wrong. Visual Language is Universal Chances are, you’ve experienced the instant disorientation that sets in when you visit a country and don’t speak the language. You immediately regress to a time when you couldn’t read and symbols become your new best friends. Symbols can guide you to food, shelter and gas. They can help you avoid danger and tell you when to stop and when to go. Diagrams (comprised of multiple symbols) are even more powerful. A diagram can align a team, clarify a process, communicate a complicated idea and get departments with different areas of expertise to finally understand each other. Whether you’re a software engineer, a product manager, work in marketing or HR or just want to show your brilliant sense of humor, there’s a diagram for you.

Gliffy Details
Discussions
Gliffy Community
German, English, Japanese, Russian, Spanish, Chinese (Simplified)

Easily create professional-quality flowcharts, diagrams, floor plans, technical drawings, and more on-line!

Perforce
1995
Minneapolis, MN
@perforce

Gliffy Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Gliffy community
Have you used Gliffy before?

Gliffy Reviews

Showing 21 Gliffy reviews
Company Size (1)
Already have Gliffy?
HR Manager
What do you like best?

We primarily used Gliffy for ERDs, as well as UI mock-ups for mobile and web applications. The ease of use is what has drawn us to it. It has a crisp, clean interface and it is easy for non-technical employees to perform the tasks we need them to do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's really not anything to dislike about it! Gliffy works well and does what we expect it to do! Perhaps some additional customization options would help sweeten the deal a bit more! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Gliffy is a great application. We thoroughly enjoy working with it, and you will too! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We wanted an easy way to create ERDs and application mock ups for non-technical employees. Anyone on our staff can create these documents using Gliffy with minimal trouble. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CI
What do you like best?

It's easy and intuitive to use, and they have a wide array of equipment, so you can find exactly what you're looking for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike. The only issue I've had is the layout can get a bit crammed for larger networks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creating a diagram allows much better support for a client, as any tech can view the relevant configuration and layout, even if they've never been to the site. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Diseñador independiente
Design
What do you like best?

What I like is that Gliffy is super easy to use because, mainly, you only need to know how to drag and insert forms, figures and arrows, and then just add any kind of content text you want. Because of this, I think that this software can make you create decent graphics in just minutes. Another useful feature that Gliffy offers is the addition in color to the graphic as a whole: with this feature, you can just click on a template for color, and all of the figures and arrows you added will acquire a certain color. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The thing that might anoy any user is that youn cannot choose the color for your graphics, and also, you cannot choose for which figues or arrows you want to insert the color. This is a huge turn-off aS YOU´RE EXTREMELY LIMITED to add the types of color combinations that the boss at Gliffy thought would look better (and trust me, some of them are quite hideous). If you would let users choose and add any type of color to anything inside the chart, then I´d give this software more stars. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For me, Gliffy is a great tool for charting and even kind of mind mapping, but I advise the team at Gliffy to let users add custom colors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can make graphics in minutes, and this is an advantage for many business that need to offer constant live or online presentations. I mean, what business don´t make presentations in order to gain more clients? I also want to say that this software allows me to create a kind of mind maps, which are also very useful at work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Independiente desde casa
E-Learning
What do you like best?

Gliffy is an online service that you can use for making traditional flowcharts. However, if you think outside the box, you can use this software to make a lot more: I like that I can use all of the images and forms they offer to drag them into the Gliffy sheet, add some text and color, and then export it as an image file. The most exciting part is that then I can take this image and use it for printing it onto shirts, and they look really cool. This is the part I mostly like about Gliffy, and I love it for this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to say that I love this software as it is, but that won't be true. This is because there's something I dislike about Gliffy, and this is the fact that it is very limited when it comes to pre-made figures and images, as it should offer many more types of these. What I mean to say is that, right now, Gliffy offers a nice collection of images and forms, which are a great fit for flowcharts. But what I´d like is that Gliffy offered many more types of images, forms, and even illustrations to make the software a lot more versatile. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Gliffy is a good software for making charts and flowcharts. But it also can serve to make fresh images if you for shirts and stickers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As I stated in this review, one of the things I do as part of my freelance business is to make images that can be printed onto shirts. Gliffy allows me to make fresh and cool images for these shirts I sell, and the best part is that I don´t even have to create these images with Gliffy, as I only have to take the existing ones and then exporting them, so they're ready to be printed. Gliffy is the core of this activity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Trabajadora en el hogar
Animation
What do you like best?

Has been invaluable to for me. The best part of Gliffy is that I can use it to create diagram help me remember how to do something, I mean or doing something. I know that you usually make different types of charts, nonetheless, As it is very easy to add forms, arrows and lines to a diagram, and drop them into the grid, I can use Gliffy to create a new "chart" that won´t let me forget any step for any of the business activities I perform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The first thing that comes to my mind is that I cannot choose the type of color I want, and even the worse, I cannot choose colors for the arrows I pick out for my graphics. This is not a very important feature for me but it would be nice to have the ability to choose any type of color I want for my charts so that I can differentiate all of my graphics and ideas. Furthermore, I think that the forms provided are very limited. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Gliffy is a nice tool for making any type of graphics, but it´s also a great tool for making small charts that can remind you how to do anything in your business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Gliffy is an important tool for me that lets me organize all of my charts that containt all of the steps and processes I do for my business, And this is an important part for any type of business, because if you know how to do make things more efficiently inside your own business, you'll have more time to do your job and earn more money. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

FREELANCER GRÁFICO (HOME BUSINESS)
Graphic Design
What do you like best?

Probably the thing I can say I like the best is that gliffy is very user friendly, as making charts and graphics can be done within seconds: basically, I just drag any figure (such as rectangles, triangles, stars and arrows) and drop them into the "graphic space", and of course then I need to write any indication for those forms (as I do with any flow chart or graphic) and then the chart is ready. An additional thing I like is that I can add life and color to the chart too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Perhaps the thing I really dislike is that I can´t find a way to create and add custom forms to the software, and save them as predetermined: it would be great to create your own custom "figures" to give your charts that additional "personality" feel, but as far as I know, gliffy lacks this feature. The final thing that´s no great is that it´s a bit expensive, because 7.99 for this software is a bit high, and even worse if you have to pay a year in advance to get that price. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This little software makes it easy for anyone to make graphics and charts, so if what you want is an easy way to create charts for work or school, you should get your copy of Gliffy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Gliffy lets me make different types of graphics and charts, with a bit of life (as they can be colored), and this gives me the ability to have any type of inofrmation I use for work and study in form of an easy and digestible chart so that I can use whenever I need it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

COSTURA CASERA
Design
What do you like best?

What I like best is that anyone can easily create a flow chart by only dragging and dropping forms, arrows, and that´s basically all we have to do!!! Another thing I do like is that after I drag and drop any form into the grid, then it automatically appears a text box where I can add any information needed for the flow chart to be finished. One last thing I like a lot is that I can also create simple mind maps with Gliffy, and it´s as easy as dragging and dropping too! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

What I don´t like at all is how color works with Gliffy: I can´t add color to each individual form or arrow; instead of this, I only get to choose among a few color themes, and most of them aren´t what I´m looking for (regarding color). It would be outstanding if Gliffy added an option to fill each individual box and arrow with any custom color of my choice. What I dislike about this online service is its price, because even if eight dollars seem like a low price, I think the software could be a bit lower, like four dollars per month Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Gliffy will make diagramming and making mind maps easy for you. If you have to create tons of these, then this would be the perfect software for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I create flowcharts for some customers and for my own home business in a quick way. Being organized is a crucial skill that any organization or process should have, and Gliffy allows every business owner (or person in charge of a process) to do exactly that. Gliffy has made organizing the levels for an organization and for processes easier than ever. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UX Manager and UI Developer
Internet
What do you like best?

The best feature is its ease of use. I was able to understand the tool from the first moment I started using it and it helped me to create flowcharts in an easy way that my colleages can to understand.

Another feature I really like is that I can create flows in a very fast way. In less than an hour, I can have a very well-developed idea to be presented to my boss. This is a characteristic that I appreciate very much, since it has made me gain points in the relationship that I have with my superiors.

Last but not least, I would like to say that the free version is very functional, and particularly to me, it has helped me a lot, since I have done several projects without having to worry about the price. That is, I think it is one of the best tools in relation to price / quality, because the free service is truly 'freemium'.

In my particular top 10 applications (which I use in my day to day work), gliffy, has earned by own meridian, one of the top 5 positions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That for the free account, there are very few diagrams that can be made. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I live and work in Latin America, and I think prices are very high for the economies of developing countries. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am a UX designer and one of the pillars of my work are the user flows. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Freelancer de diseño indsutrial y gráfico
Animation
What do you like best?

I constantly use Gliffy for creating flowcharts. I really enjoy the fact that I can create a flowchart in a few minutes by only dragging and dropping my favorite shapes from the left “shape panel”, and then I can instantly add text inside that same shape in an automatic way, by only clicking inside it. I also enjoy the fact that I can easily edit and re-arrange the shape of the chart by only clicking on the desired form. Finally, I do love the fact that I can easily add color to my flowchart shapes!!! It´s really that simple!!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There´s only one thing I don´t like about Gliffy: it doesn´t have a pre-made arrow pointing downwards. I mean, this isn´t a big issue, because you can replace the missing downward arrow with a “free form line”, which you can also create by only clicking on the “line icon”; it would be really nice to have a pre-made downward arrow though. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you´re thinking to use Gliffy for creating flowcharts, then you can´t be wrong: you´ll have a nice flowchart ready within a few minutes, and I really mean it. If you want to create a color flowchart, it will take you a couple more minutes, but this “extra-time” is well worth it. If for any reason, you want an alternative to Gliffy, a tool called “Creately” is a good match. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The most likely business problem someone can solve with Gliffy is the ability to make your own flow charts so that you can have a (learning) process or idea clearly defined, for easy and, future reference. That´s a feature that every business needs to have, even if it´s a personal home freelance business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Gliffy is easy to launch from Atlassian products like Confluence; if you do a lot of work in Confluence, it's easy to start up Gliffy and embed it in any document. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Gliffy isn't easy to use when drawing complex diagrams, like when it spans greater than the visible space on my screen. It's slow to respond to my clicks to edit / write text in shapes, and slow to load when I exit out to the document it's embedded in, and then try to edit it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Gliffy is useful for drawing a quick diagram; however, be prepared for it to take some time to make more complicated diagrams and wireframes, and learn how to click into adding text and customizing the shapes, colors, etc of the components. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Gliffy helps us solve the problem of having a tool to quickly draw diagrams and include them in software architecture documents in Confluence Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love the way the software is structured and intuitive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more features that could be used. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This is perfect for flowcharts and wireframing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Direttore generale
Translation and Localization
What do you like best?

I especially like the predefined shapes and vectors, that you can use to create your diagram without spending time in finding the right item to include in the diagram. The fact that they still offer a free version (limited to 5 public diagrams) is also a plus, because I use it only from time to time. Another advantage is that you can download your diagram as PNG, JPG, but also SVG, meaning that you can use it in an external editor, should you need to. And it's really fast, even though it's web-based. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The interface might not be very fancy, but I find it very usable and clean. So there's nothing I really dislike. Maybe they could add more font types: right now the choice is quite limited. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are lots of tools for diagramming on the market, but Gliffy has a few features that stand out. One of them is the integration with Google Drive (for Business Team level). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We used Gliffy to create a few workflow diagrams for our internal process documentation. We needed a flexible, yet easy tool and Gliffy was the best choice, since it didn't involve much training. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Continuing Education Coordinator
Non-Profit Organization Management
What do you like best?

Ease of use. Flexibility. Creativity. I like that I was able to create a usable and shareable flow chart within just a few minutes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The user interface has a bit of a learning curve to it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can create flow charts that help me demonstrate to other groups how processes work so that our work can flow more smoothly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love that we can use it with Confluence. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Pricing feels a bit steep for a small business and the 5 diagram limit on a free account isn't the greatest. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sharing wireframes and sitemaps with clients has never been easier. Most of our clients don't have the same expensive software but by using Gliffy, we've overcome this issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Network Operation Center Manager
What do you like best?

Gliffy is simple and easy to use. It is flexible and adaptive to your every need. You have the ability to import custom images to make your diagram even more accurate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Currently does not have a scaling feature if you need to create floor plans or need to see feet/meters. If there was an option to allow for scaling it would make life a lot easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Why have you not started using this product yet? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We used Gliffy to resolve the issue of network mapping. We needed to remove visio as it was a little to complicate to teach people to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UG
What do you like best?

Its a really nice program to use for basic layouys and floorplans. Simple and effective. The cost is quite affordable as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Its pretty basic and doesnt allow you to create highly detailed diagams or floorplans Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've been able to make some nice flowcharts and floorplan diagrams for our office. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UD
What do you like best?

Super light weight. Everything you need to do something simple, nothing you don't. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Online sharing is a little funky. As well as collaboration. Leaves a bit to be desired, but easy to work around by just not using it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's easy when doing workflow charts, etc, to get bogged down in pixel pushing and little details. Gliffy keeps you focused on the task at hand by making it effortless to make charts.

I wouldn't use this for wireframing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Manager
What do you like best?

I used Gliffy as a Confluence plugin for several years, until we switched to hosted Confluence. I felt like it was easy to create diagrams of all sorts, they saved with the page, and generally was very happy with it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There were times when the XML definition of a diagram would show up instead of the diagram itself. I think this was in search results but I could be misremembering. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out and get used to it. It works well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Create diagrams inside our wiki. We got diagrams. :-) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO/Founder
What do you like best?

Super user friendly program. We have used it every time we need to make a flowchart. The snap to grid formatting keeps your chart clean and organized, which is really nice in an office of guys with really bad handwriting. Once done, we just export to PDF. Love the tool, but don't really need it that often. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Infrequent value due to limited frequency of need. Makes it hard to pay for the program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I gave it a 3 on price solely because I don't have enough of a frequent need to justify paying for it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

- Organized team brainstorming Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Gliffy is a fantastic free tool for visuals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Perhaps this is simply an issue with the free version that I use, but it does not seem to have collaboration features. That's OK, though, as what I generally do with Gliffy does not require that sort of functionality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Not a bad tool at all. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've used Gliffy mostly for presentations, when the typical "box and arrow" approach for PowerPoint or Keynote will not cut it. It's a great tool for creating professional-looking flowcharts, user flows, wireframes and more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Solution Architect
What do you like best?

Love the ease of selecting, moving, shaping, coloring. LOVE LOVE the ability to snap a line to any point on an object. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Gosh, I wish I could SEARCH for shapes. I also wish I could move swimlanes and their contents around. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try before you buy! Gliffy has a free trial - well worth it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I frequently have to diagram business processes, so swimlanes come in handy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.