Gliffy Reviews & Product Details

UG
What do you like best?

Its a really nice program to use for basic layouys and floorplans. Simple and effective. The cost is quite affordable as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Its pretty basic and doesnt allow you to create highly detailed diagams or floorplans Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've been able to make some nice flowcharts and floorplan diagrams for our office. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Gliffy Overview

What is Gliffy?

Diagrams are as powerful as they are versatile. They get people to see the big picture. They help teams vault over communication hurdles. They can be equally useful for looking at high-level plans or drilling down to the smallest detail. And, if you think there’s no inner diagramming Jedi waiting to awaken within you, give us a chance to prove you wrong. Visual Language is Universal Chances are, you’ve experienced the instant disorientation that sets in when you visit a country and don’t speak the language. You immediately regress to a time when you couldn’t read and symbols become your new best friends. Symbols can guide you to food, shelter and gas. They can help you avoid danger and tell you when to stop and when to go. Diagrams (comprised of multiple symbols) are even more powerful. A diagram can align a team, clarify a process, communicate a complicated idea and get departments with different areas of expertise to finally understand each other. Whether you’re a software engineer, a product manager, work in marketing or HR or just want to show your brilliant sense of humor, there’s a diagram for you.

Gliffy Details
Discussions
Gliffy Community
German, English, Japanese, Russian, Spanish, Chinese (Simplified)

Easily create professional-quality flowcharts, diagrams, floor plans, technical drawings, and more on-line!

Perforce
1995
Minneapolis, MN
@perforce

Gliffy Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Gliffy community
Have you used Gliffy before?

Gliffy Reviews

Showing 59 Gliffy reviews
Already have Gliffy?
Digital Manager
Working Student - Project Management
Industrial Automation
What do you like best?

It is very easy to use and you can do any kind of visualization just by dragging and dropping from thousands of available templates and figures. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Formatting can be a bit tricky if you are new to it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try to explore it as much as you can, there are lots of hidden features/options. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am using it on Confluence to make charts, diagrams, info-graphics etc.

The benefits I have realized is that it is very quick as it already has lots of templates and figures to choose from, also you can actually make very accurate diagrams as it has this feature of grid/guide lines like PowerPoint. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

team manager
What do you like best?

What I like most about Gliffy is that it has a lot of tools that are very necessary to be able to design different types of diagrams in the form of conceptual maps with a professional touch. It is also a great online software and allows us to design high quality online diagrams in a very simple way, although we can use this application without having to be registered Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We dislike it when they offer the free test, because they allow you to create very few diagrams and the idea is to have enough in practice to perfect everything related to the flow diagrams. But with this detail that Gliffy has, my company plans to continue using it since it is very efficient to share attractive diagrams and online. We have obtained extraordinary with this software and we feel comfortable and very happy with the evolution of our business Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Gliffy is recommended as it has a strong emphasis on collaborative aspects and version control, it is also a very popular tool for creating online diagrams. Gliffy allows you to model all UML diagrams as well as a variety of other types of diagrams, for example it supports the BPMN process models very well Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We realized that with Gliffy you can record a diagram of all the things you must do for your company. But it has also helped us to make new images if you want t-shirts and stickers. Now with the arrival of this software to my business if we can organize the levels for an organization, since in this way the processes are easier than ever Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The functionality is good. It seems to offer a nice number of options for diagraming and mapping. I used it for some mind mapping and content planning and it worked well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The interface is pretty dull and not everything is intuitive. It took me a while to bumble around and find what I was looking for. Ultimately I decided to go with a different product that made nicer looking diagrams even though the functionality isn’t as great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It seems to be a good platform, more powerful than other similar products. The biggest downside is that the diagrams aren’t as professional looking as I would have liked. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mapping a content strategy. It was a good tool for visualizing and planning. My team and I were able to collaborate easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Systems Administrator
What do you like best?

You can add and edit the Gliffy diagrams right within the Confluence page Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The price. Compared to all of the other plugins that we use, this one is extremely expensive Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

By having Gliffy embedded into the Confluence page, I do not have to purchase Visio licenses for our users, which would be the other options if they needed to draw out and include diagrams. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Analyst
What do you like best?

Super simple to use and self-teach. There is a variety of searchable icons, visuals and images, and everything "snaps" into place. It was very simple to learn the functionality of all the buttons and features, and it was easy to connect diagram images since everything snaps into place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Gliffy could improve by adding even more images and icons in order to make wire-framing easier. I'd say that Gliffy is easier to use as a business workflow diagram builder than a true UX design tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We needed to build workflow diagrams to explain our business processes and the subsequent software processes that were involved. Gliffy allowed me to display both in the diagram and make it easy to discern between the two. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

With this program I can easily create a UML diagrams. Have a lot of different options and images. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is hard to copy some pattern Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need to create easily UML diagrams, flowcharts, wireframes this program is for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mostly I create a diagram which represents the program execution sequence Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

HR Manager
What do you like best?

We primarily used Gliffy for ERDs, as well as UI mock-ups for mobile and web applications. The ease of use is what has drawn us to it. It has a crisp, clean interface and it is easy for non-technical employees to perform the tasks we need them to do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's really not anything to dislike about it! Gliffy works well and does what we expect it to do! Perhaps some additional customization options would help sweeten the deal a bit more! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Gliffy is a great application. We thoroughly enjoy working with it, and you will too! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We wanted an easy way to create ERDs and application mock ups for non-technical employees. Anyone on our staff can create these documents using Gliffy with minimal trouble. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Easy of use.

Confluence plugin allows easy and hassle free embedding design diagram on project proposal, architecture documents.

Gliffy is so simple that just not technical team also system anaylst and pdm can use to draw flow chart or components interaction. Thats the best I like about it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Gliffy is simple and easy tool for design diagram to make it simple there are lot of limitations on customization which is kind of difficult and hinders your creativity as simple as color for arrow or components is limited. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Flow charts, design diagram, components diagram, high level architecture. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CI
What do you like best?

It's easy and intuitive to use, and they have a wide array of equipment, so you can find exactly what you're looking for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike. The only issue I've had is the layout can get a bit crammed for larger networks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creating a diagram allows much better support for a client, as any tech can view the relevant configuration and layout, even if they've never been to the site. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Ease of use, which makes it FUN! We are a small business who needed an Org chart, and Gliffy was a blast to use. I appreciate their free option and find the color schema and options for graphics more than adequate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Didn't play nice with all internet browsers (IE/Edge and had to download Chrome for this program only). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have an Org chart and it really helps with communication and clarity for our staff as we've grown. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Service Manager
What do you like best?

The quick access to a versatile tool with a simple tool with lots of tool's that work's in several different situations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the advanced tool's that you'd like to use when creating for instance flowcharts that you get when buying more expensive sofware is missing, but you get what you pay for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it, and buy it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Flowcharts, flowcharts and more flowcharts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Diseñador independiente
Design
What do you like best?

What I like is that Gliffy is super easy to use because, mainly, you only need to know how to drag and insert forms, figures and arrows, and then just add any kind of content text you want. Because of this, I think that this software can make you create decent graphics in just minutes. Another useful feature that Gliffy offers is the addition in color to the graphic as a whole: with this feature, you can just click on a template for color, and all of the figures and arrows you added will acquire a certain color. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The thing that might anoy any user is that youn cannot choose the color for your graphics, and also, you cannot choose for which figues or arrows you want to insert the color. This is a huge turn-off aS YOU´RE EXTREMELY LIMITED to add the types of color combinations that the boss at Gliffy thought would look better (and trust me, some of them are quite hideous). If you would let users choose and add any type of color to anything inside the chart, then I´d give this software more stars. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For me, Gliffy is a great tool for charting and even kind of mind mapping, but I advise the team at Gliffy to let users add custom colors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can make graphics in minutes, and this is an advantage for many business that need to offer constant live or online presentations. I mean, what business don´t make presentations in order to gain more clients? I also want to say that this software allows me to create a kind of mind maps, which are also very useful at work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

DSP Research Engineer II
Medical Devices
What do you like best?

Integration with Confluence is one of the biggest advantages.

Lines look smooth and nice.

Since is integrated in the wiki, once you update the graph it reflects in all the references to it in the page. It is much easier than created a graph locally, then uploading it, and later on modify it the same way again and again.

I like using it as a quick way of laying out ideas and brain-storming notes so people can look at it and chime in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Limited functionality in terms of what can be done with the objects.

Not too many predesigned icons to choose from.

Sometimes, automatic connectors don't work as expected.

I some times find frustrating font sizes, and how text objects are places.

Zoomin and out is not obvious sometimes, and that can be a problem. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I totally recommend this product if you are in a situation with remote workers, but not limited to it.

It also helps if you don't want to take care of maintaining graphs living in many local computers of many employees, but instead a single graph that is source controlled as well.

I recommended considering add-on to improve the basic version of gliffy.

Being able to set a default font size and type could be useful.

I sometimes miss rounded corner objects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Quickly sharing algorithm designs with colleagues and management for review.

Technical reports about finished algorithms that can be shared and edited by others. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Independiente desde casa
E-Learning
What do you like best?

Gliffy is an online service that you can use for making traditional flowcharts. However, if you think outside the box, you can use this software to make a lot more: I like that I can use all of the images and forms they offer to drag them into the Gliffy sheet, add some text and color, and then export it as an image file. The most exciting part is that then I can take this image and use it for printing it onto shirts, and they look really cool. This is the part I mostly like about Gliffy, and I love it for this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to say that I love this software as it is, but that won't be true. This is because there's something I dislike about Gliffy, and this is the fact that it is very limited when it comes to pre-made figures and images, as it should offer many more types of these. What I mean to say is that, right now, Gliffy offers a nice collection of images and forms, which are a great fit for flowcharts. But what I´d like is that Gliffy offered many more types of images, forms, and even illustrations to make the software a lot more versatile. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Gliffy is a good software for making charts and flowcharts. But it also can serve to make fresh images if you for shirts and stickers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As I stated in this review, one of the things I do as part of my freelance business is to make images that can be printed onto shirts. Gliffy allows me to make fresh and cool images for these shirts I sell, and the best part is that I don´t even have to create these images with Gliffy, as I only have to take the existing ones and then exporting them, so they're ready to be printed. Gliffy is the core of this activity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Trabajadora en el hogar
Animation
What do you like best?

Has been invaluable to for me. The best part of Gliffy is that I can use it to create diagram help me remember how to do something, I mean or doing something. I know that you usually make different types of charts, nonetheless, As it is very easy to add forms, arrows and lines to a diagram, and drop them into the grid, I can use Gliffy to create a new "chart" that won´t let me forget any step for any of the business activities I perform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The first thing that comes to my mind is that I cannot choose the type of color I want, and even the worse, I cannot choose colors for the arrows I pick out for my graphics. This is not a very important feature for me but it would be nice to have the ability to choose any type of color I want for my charts so that I can differentiate all of my graphics and ideas. Furthermore, I think that the forms provided are very limited. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Gliffy is a nice tool for making any type of graphics, but it´s also a great tool for making small charts that can remind you how to do anything in your business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Gliffy is an important tool for me that lets me organize all of my charts that containt all of the steps and processes I do for my business, And this is an important part for any type of business, because if you know how to do make things more efficiently inside your own business, you'll have more time to do your job and earn more money. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

FREELANCER GRÁFICO (HOME BUSINESS)
Graphic Design
What do you like best?

Probably the thing I can say I like the best is that gliffy is very user friendly, as making charts and graphics can be done within seconds: basically, I just drag any figure (such as rectangles, triangles, stars and arrows) and drop them into the "graphic space", and of course then I need to write any indication for those forms (as I do with any flow chart or graphic) and then the chart is ready. An additional thing I like is that I can add life and color to the chart too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Perhaps the thing I really dislike is that I can´t find a way to create and add custom forms to the software, and save them as predetermined: it would be great to create your own custom "figures" to give your charts that additional "personality" feel, but as far as I know, gliffy lacks this feature. The final thing that´s no great is that it´s a bit expensive, because 7.99 for this software is a bit high, and even worse if you have to pay a year in advance to get that price. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This little software makes it easy for anyone to make graphics and charts, so if what you want is an easy way to create charts for work or school, you should get your copy of Gliffy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Gliffy lets me make different types of graphics and charts, with a bit of life (as they can be colored), and this gives me the ability to have any type of inofrmation I use for work and study in form of an easy and digestible chart so that I can use whenever I need it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

COSTURA CASERA
Design
What do you like best?

What I like best is that anyone can easily create a flow chart by only dragging and dropping forms, arrows, and that´s basically all we have to do!!! Another thing I do like is that after I drag and drop any form into the grid, then it automatically appears a text box where I can add any information needed for the flow chart to be finished. One last thing I like a lot is that I can also create simple mind maps with Gliffy, and it´s as easy as dragging and dropping too! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

What I don´t like at all is how color works with Gliffy: I can´t add color to each individual form or arrow; instead of this, I only get to choose among a few color themes, and most of them aren´t what I´m looking for (regarding color). It would be outstanding if Gliffy added an option to fill each individual box and arrow with any custom color of my choice. What I dislike about this online service is its price, because even if eight dollars seem like a low price, I think the software could be a bit lower, like four dollars per month Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Gliffy will make diagramming and making mind maps easy for you. If you have to create tons of these, then this would be the perfect software for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I create flowcharts for some customers and for my own home business in a quick way. Being organized is a crucial skill that any organization or process should have, and Gliffy allows every business owner (or person in charge of a process) to do exactly that. Gliffy has made organizing the levels for an organization and for processes easier than ever. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AA
What do you like best?

It’s flexible and easy to use and many great options to communicate with team members. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It’s not as high tech as I would like it to be. There’s many ways to get to one thing you wanna do, and I’d rather just have one straight forward way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Better communication Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UX Manager and UI Developer
Internet
What do you like best?

The best feature is its ease of use. I was able to understand the tool from the first moment I started using it and it helped me to create flowcharts in an easy way that my colleages can to understand.

Another feature I really like is that I can create flows in a very fast way. In less than an hour, I can have a very well-developed idea to be presented to my boss. This is a characteristic that I appreciate very much, since it has made me gain points in the relationship that I have with my superiors.

Last but not least, I would like to say that the free version is very functional, and particularly to me, it has helped me a lot, since I have done several projects without having to worry about the price. That is, I think it is one of the best tools in relation to price / quality, because the free service is truly 'freemium'.

In my particular top 10 applications (which I use in my day to day work), gliffy, has earned by own meridian, one of the top 5 positions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That for the free account, there are very few diagrams that can be made. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I live and work in Latin America, and I think prices are very high for the economies of developing countries. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am a UX designer and one of the pillars of my work are the user flows. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Engineer
Internet
What do you like best?

The interface is clean, and its very easy to make good looking diagrams.

The shapes will snap to the grid, and the connections bind to joints on the shapes- so you get very clean looking diagrams. The text inside shapes is usually placed correctly also. Other diagramming software can make it hard to position text vertically within shapes. It's also great that you can upload custom images. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Takes too long to load sometimes

can't use custom fonts

can't set transparency on image imports

doesn't integrate well with google documents (LucidChart does this better)

can't do presentations like LucidChart either. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you intend to use this software for diagramming long-running projects, you hit a few limitations.

You must pay for the full version, because the trial only lets you have so many diagrams, and you hit that limit quickly. It's great for sharing diagrams, but if you want people to work on diagrams together, this is not possible with Gliffy. You can edit diagrams together like you would with google docs. This is one of the reasons we decided to use Lucid Chart instead. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use gliffy all the time to explain and document software design decisions.

Its great for brain storming, and explaining current software architectures. I usually use it the most for Flowsharts. I prefer Dia as a primary diagramming tool, but Gliffy works in the browser, so I'm more likely to use it if I want to share diagrams with others. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Product Engineer
What do you like best?

I use gliffy as my number 1 diagramming tool for all my projects and tutorials in my youtube channel. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I cant' find anything to dislike but I would like to see more icons in the search! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

building tutorials using ERD/networking diagrams Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Freelancer de diseño indsutrial y gráfico
Animation
What do you like best?

I constantly use Gliffy for creating flowcharts. I really enjoy the fact that I can create a flowchart in a few minutes by only dragging and dropping my favorite shapes from the left “shape panel”, and then I can instantly add text inside that same shape in an automatic way, by only clicking inside it. I also enjoy the fact that I can easily edit and re-arrange the shape of the chart by only clicking on the desired form. Finally, I do love the fact that I can easily add color to my flowchart shapes!!! It´s really that simple!!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There´s only one thing I don´t like about Gliffy: it doesn´t have a pre-made arrow pointing downwards. I mean, this isn´t a big issue, because you can replace the missing downward arrow with a “free form line”, which you can also create by only clicking on the “line icon”; it would be really nice to have a pre-made downward arrow though. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you´re thinking to use Gliffy for creating flowcharts, then you can´t be wrong: you´ll have a nice flowchart ready within a few minutes, and I really mean it. If you want to create a color flowchart, it will take you a couple more minutes, but this “extra-time” is well worth it. If for any reason, you want an alternative to Gliffy, a tool called “Creately” is a good match. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The most likely business problem someone can solve with Gliffy is the ability to make your own flow charts so that you can have a (learning) process or idea clearly defined, for easy and, future reference. That´s a feature that every business needs to have, even if it´s a personal home freelance business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Professional, Technical Writer
What do you like best?

Plays well with Confluence. Has standard image assets in common with Visio and other diagramming tools. Intuitive tools and simple UI. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Layout can sometimes be fidgety, and I have had issues with hotkeys. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It may not be 1:1 with Visio or your preferred tool, but I have yet to hit a use case where it doesn't work as a replacement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Network topology diagrams, infrastructure sketches and planning Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I enjoy the graph paper design to ensure even spacing and visualization. One of the best programs I've used to create org charts Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be great to have a few more project spaces in the free version. Some quality issues when converting JPEGs into PDF etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use our Gliffy account to create large org charts. The program provides us with a clean, easy to use tools. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.