GiveSmart Reviews & Product Details

GiveSmart Overview

What is GiveSmart?

GiveSmart by Community Brands allows your donors to give anytime, anywhere. Nonprofits, foundations, and schools across the country utilize our software to drive donor engagement and increase fundraising revenue all year round. Over the last eight years alone, our charity partners have raised over $3 Billion through our platform. Organizations can manage event registration, auctions, donations, payments, and more, streamlining processes while furthering your mission.

GiveSmart Details

GiveSmart allows you to streamline the live action process with electronic brochures interactive leaderboards and features such as secure payments, customized websites, live auction spotters and more.

Ready to raise more?

Your programs are vital to the population you serve.

So don’t let precious income fall through the cracks.

With the right fundraising platform and a little expert advice, you can nurture lasting relationships with donors and sponsors.

Not just at your annual Gala. All. Year. Round.

Let’s talk about raising more

GiveSmart

GiveSmart Reviews

Showing 107 GiveSmart reviews
Already have GiveSmart?
U.S. Program Director
What do you like best?

GiveSmart provided an organized platform for our event. There are so many details to handle and we used this platform for our gala ticketing and online auction. We had the support we needed and an efficient way to manage the event from start to finish. The staff was helpful and provided answers to every question and need in advance and during our event. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are a few design limitations with the templates provided but being a new user these were still more helpful than not. A couple of customizations required me to seek support, but everything was still handled promptly and to our satisfaction. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great tool for extending the reach of your event to an online communitry. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We solved the management of an online auction and event ticketing. The dashboard provides handy resources for reporting. The reports we needed for accounting are all there and even more analytical tools we did not think to ask for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Administration
What do you like best?

It is a very easy check out process for all the attendees. And it also helps our volunteers save a lot of time with deliver silent auction items to the winner. And the Givesmart trainors were also very helpful at the event. They helped us with the check in and check out process when we had too many guests coming at the same time. And the technical support on Givesmart online platform is awesome. They're always there for my question with very details instructions and answer. Qucik response as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The check in process took a little bit longer because we had an event with 450 attendees and there were only 4 ipads available. So it was not enough ipad to process quickly for all the attendees when they all came at the same time. The lesson from Givesmart trainors to volunteers didn't seem very cleary about how to use the swipers for credit card information. Some of our volunteers were confused about that and decided to manually input the guests' credit card info when they checked in, which took a lot of time extra. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Considering about your attendees quantity, I think 1 ipad per 60 attendees is a good estimate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Givesmart help me to determine who is VIP or not VIP guest by pulling out from Attendees Report. At first I didn't know we could add an extra note next to the person who we chose to be VIP guest, we called Givesmart and one technical support instructed us how to add that note in. Great experience! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in GiveSmart
Development Coordinator
What do you like best?

The people who work for GiveSmart are always above and beyond helpful. From setting up the site, to helping our actual events run smoothly, I always feel confident that our event will run smooth with their help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would love if there were more ways to advertise on the platform, and an easier way to do it. I think the current ad set up looks a little outdated and could be even better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are planning a social event GiveSmart is the way to go. The platform will only help make your event successful. You are really paying for amazing customer service and event support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our silent auctions run incredibly on the GiveSmart platform. It is great to be able to leave our auction open based on how the schedule of our event is running and how many bids are coming in. We also love being able to capture the data of our attendees to help us plan future events. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Associate Managing Director
What do you like best?

The system itself is pretty intuitive, and the service they provide (they match you with a support person who also is often your day of inperson contact) were really helpful. The staff they had on site were very professional and took a lot off of our plates. It also made ticketing, auctioning, assigning numbers, etc very smooth. There were a lot of moving parts and the software and staff really helped make this system work well and made our event run smoothly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It did lack some customizability. Prior versions of it allowed us to customize the site a little more - and their team helped with that. Some reports were also a little challenging to pull, but we were able to get all of the info we needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're a small organization and major fundraising events are a big undertaking for us. Givesmart provided us with an easy way to facilitate registration, sponsorships, auction items, silent auction items, and reporting, and also providing staff to help us on site with all of these components. Those were all big helps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner & Co-Founder
What do you like best?

The user interface is extremely easy to use. In addition the online tools and online support chat are top notch, both through video demonstrations and live chat. I've rarely had to wait more than overnight to get a response. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If anything, the print function for the auction items has a bad layout. It truncates the description to the first 100 words (?) and then you have to go online to read the rest. as a user at an event, even if i'm going to bid online, its would be nice to read the entire auction item description in print. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This software was amazing. I've used it on two events now in the same year and it's easy to setup, easy to add users, easy to administer, and has all the bells and whistles from selling tickets, to table seating management, to checking-out customers, receicing payments, and preparing reports and tax/donation letters. It's a one-stop shop and I love it. Highly recommended. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Management of the procurement items is crucial. Not just to be able to sort the incoming gifts, but to keep track and run tax receipts at the end of the year. The software provides a really easy system to generate these tax letters, just be sure you enter each item individually as they come in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Communications Manager
What do you like best?

I appreciate the tutorials pre-event, as well as smooth and prompt communication. I also cannot say enough about the help we received during the event. The leads did above and beyond what was in their job description and what was asked of them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think I'm still adjusting to 501 now being Community Brands and GiveSmart, but overall it's a good improvement, and the GiveSmart platform is doing an excellent job of communicating the adjustments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I really like the classes that my team and I can register for. It's a great tool for learning the ins and outs of GiveSmart, but also how to improve our fundraising techniques. We are using GiveSmart for our own personal events, as well as third party events regarding ticket sales. It is an easy, self guided process that our supporters and customers are comfortable with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Programs, Events, Directing Administrator
What do you like best?

Matt Mansfield was wonderful to work with. He was very easy to contact and get a hold of with any questions I had about the services. GiveSmart provides a lot of unique and personalized platforms to help build your event. Matt met one on one with me and walked through the online platform and gave great detail of how their product and services compares to others. I love how GiveSmart caters to your needs and provides several different ways to advertise and promote your event. I am excited to use the platform for our upcoming dinner this year and have a staff member on sight to help out with our event, Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I have not disliked about the service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great Company who supports you and your needs! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I don't see this as a problem, but I am just focusing on learning more about how to utilize the platform effectively and understanding all the ins and outs. The benefits of this is that I have two great representatives I can call and ask questions to that guide me through this process. There are several webinars and videos you can watch as well to help provide knowledge and step by step process to navigate the platform. I am excited to continue to learn and gain knowledge about the platform and use it to its full benefits. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Development Manager
What do you like best?

Hands down, the best part about working with GiveSmart is the staff. Desiree was amazing and always so helpful leading up to the event and on event day. This was my third event working with Helia, and I always request her. She's great!! I would love to continue working with both of them in the future! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The character count on everything is really constricting. Many times, I wasn't able to title things in a way that described exactly what the item was and I had guests complain that some of the descriptions were vague. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GiveSmart has allowed us to quickly close out our event numbers and charge cards on site. Very helpful to not have to chase anyone for payment after the events. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Board Vice-President
What do you like best?

The customization (allowing certain fields for donations to be blank, i.e. the name of the student you wish to sponsor when you donate the sponsor amount; the optional or mandatory fee inclusion; the availability of discount codes; and more). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I know currently there is a fee per guest - it's waived via a grandfather clause for us, but if it wasn't, that would be a huge hesitation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They have a ton of training documents, videos, etc., so make sure to pass those along to folks - it will save you so much time! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A little bit better cost for us, since folks can add in the fee to cover it themselves. Also, we'll be able to better customize the site as a whole, to really fit our event! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Agency Advancement
Individual & Family Services
What do you like best?

Givesmart offers a very user friendly service for those implementing events. It is a comprehensive data base and offers many elements that are helpful for event planners and development staff. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

My only complaint with Givesmart is some of the pricing, especially the fee per ticketed user. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think it is the most user friendly system out there... you just have to make sure that your event will make enough return for it to be worth it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With GiveSmart we are able to collect payment quickly and easily, as well as correct any missed or unintended payments. We are able to pull many different reports for both accounting as well as being able to do year to year comparisons. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

Everything was made easy for my guests. Registration, bidding and the live text messaging all made the event go much smoother than years past, and it helped keep the guests informed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I found it a little challenging inputting some of my offline donations, and on some instances when I went in to register my guests, it kept ticketing their name as the first person that I registered in the system, so I had to go back in and change it quite a bit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's made everything about the event go smoother, and it has helped to increase revenue for our event. Two-thirds of my auction items sold, and I believe that a large part of that was due to the cell phone bidding feature. My registration went a lot smoother this year than in years past as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Adjunct Assistant Professor
Higher Education
What do you like best?

GiveSmart made everything about our auction so much easier. It was the first time we did an auction at our event entirely online and it was so incredibly user-friendly that it made it a complete success for us. Not only was it easy to use as the administrator on the account, but also for our constituents who were bidding on our items. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Our only downside was more with us internally in that the contract is very detailed so that took some time to get approved...so our auction didn't go live as quickly as we would have wanted. But next year we'll be able to start the process much sooner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Start early and take full advantage of the excellent consultants and all of the services available through the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GiveSmart made the entire auction process for us incredibly easier. Not only from the online portal itself, but even the little things like display sheets for each item that were generated by the site or how easy it is to track bids. The benefits far outweighed the cost to utilize the system as we made a significant amount more on our auction items at the event this year than in years past. Additionally, more of our items sold than usual. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Corporate Partnerships and Donor Enagement
What do you like best?

Having an account manager that sees me through our whole planning and day-of event process is a game-changer! It means I'm not alone on the day of the event if challenges come up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I transitioned from 501 Auction this past year and while the new platform is nice in that it has more bells and whistles, I do miss some of the simplicity of the design of the old external-facing site. I also don't love that the print out design sheets aren't customizable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We really need text to give functionality that works reliably and that has the thermometer we can project - this has totally answered that need! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Government Affairs and Events Coordinator
What do you like best?

The admin site is so user-friendly and well built. It's really easy and efficient to add your items and then re-arrange them if needed. Also, the staff that they send is very professional and quick to help guests. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, not one thing. Everything about this platform is top-notch. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

With any mobile bidding site, always create a spreadsheet of your items and corrisponding item numbers so that you can have a back up. This advice has nothing to do with the performance of GiveSmart, just good advice period. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We generally have about 150 items in our auctions. GiveSmart makes it so easy to quickly add items and descriptions with the copy/paste function. This saved me tremendous amounts of time. Because the mobile site is so clean and clear, we have raised a record amount of money this year! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

Givesmart is so organized and genuinely cares about you and your event. They are so helpful and dedicated to making sure everything runs smoothly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything I dislike about Givesmart. The website is wonderful and so user friendly, and whenever there is an issue anyone on the support team is ready to help no matter how long it takes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Givesmart is so useful and helpful when putting an event together. It keeps everything in one place, and when your event is over it generates the essential reports for you. I truly recommend Givesmart entirely, it will change your organizations fundraising events entirely. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have realized a surge in our fundraising "profit" thanks to Givesmart. Everyone loves the online component and it is so helpful in keeping all of our funds organized. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Director of Events
What do you like best?

I chose GiveSmart after trying out several different on-site giving platforms. I started using them at one event four years ago, and now use them at multiple events every year all across the country, from Florida to Alaska. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I was originally concerned about adding the additional costs of using GiveSmart to our budget. However, we have realized a significant increase in our night-of fundraising and a significant decrease in staff hours used to follow up on pledges and payments. Overall, the return on investment was well worth it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GiveSmart offers the most complete package of resources for our gala fundraising events. Pre-planning, electronic check-in and check-out, staffing and, most important to us, makes it easy for our attendees to donate directly and bid on auction items on-site. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

We enjoy having all of the information for each event in one place. Setting up the auction items was so easy! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are a few changes I'd like to see - being able to check in a couple together and having a way to indicate if someone who is not attending is the contact person for buying the table. Nothing major. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look at all the different activities you want to do during your event - for us GiveSmart has been a great way to register people under different levels of sponsorship. It has made running an auction SO much easier! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's so easy to make changes as people change their attendees, want to sit at a different table, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Advancement Manager
What do you like best?

Access to the customer success manager and to general customer support is unbeatable. Someone is always available to answer questions and fix problems as they arise. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are a few things that are counter-intuitive at times - close out after the event has some glitches as well as issues when people don't buy tickets online. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our auction is so much easier to run, we can open the auction early, and check-in the day of the event is seamless. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

The team members are always incredibly friendly and helpful with training and helping getting the auction set and running without a hitch. This support allows me to focus on other aspects of the event to make for a smooth run. The staff always checks in with me throughout the night to keep me up to speed about where we are with our fundraising goals and suggest strategies to help reach our goals (suggesting that we lower prices on items that aren't selling or sending out more push notifications to encourage people to keep bidding or donating). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It takes a lot of time for me to set up the auction items on the website, it's necessary but definitely a big time-suck when trying to get all of the pieces together for the event. We generally have around 50+ items so uploading all of the descriptions and photos and prices can be a challenge time-wise. However, I do like that I am able to customize so much on the website. Guests have complained about not seeing the fine print for certain items which can be frustrating, but we are working on doing better next year with putting any stipulations at the beginning of descriptions. The word limit for the title's of the items is also bothersome - it would be great if the limit was longer or there was no limit so we could include more details in the title. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

GiveSmart staff are always very open to talking and scheduling phone calls or video chats where you can share your screen and go through real-time demos on the website and doing back-end administrative work in the auction. I found it really helpful to do these demos and always called if I had a questions and would hop on a screen share to ensure I was following instructions right and doing everything that needed to happen on my end to make the auction run smoothly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GiveSmart makes the event run much smoother and lets me focus on coordinating and managing other aspects of the event without worrying about tracking the auction and how things are getting pushed out and promoted night-of. The text notifications are a really great feature and help encourage people to keep bidding and donating. Uploading the guest list through the website with all of the email addresses and phone numbers we have on file is also a great feature that way when guests are registering they don't have to spend a ton of time giving this information to folks at check-in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

The GiveSmart platform provides a sound launching pad for any fundraising event. With a strong basis from which to organize everything from ticket sales to table placement, silent and live auction to a raise the paddle, my organization was positioned to have its most successful fundraiser ever - and we did! We raised a record amount of money AND received much positive feedback about the ease of use, the convenience, and the speedy checkout. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish I had better understood all of the capabilities of this unbelievable platform before I started organizing silent auction donations. There was so much to learn. I wish I had taken better advantage of the webinars to really manage that piece better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving the problem of an unmanageable silent auction, a lengthy, complicated and error-prone checkout process, a lack of a call to action, and not enough attendees bidding at our event. As a result of this technology, key volunteers & supporters were able to bid themselves - instead of managing the auction. we realized a 40% increase in net income from this event this year. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Finance
What do you like best?

Givesmart provides many options that you can cater specifically to your fundraising event needs. Our non-profit utilized this platform for our very first fundraising gala, and can attest to their impeccable skills, experience and customer service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Our non-profit thoroughly enjoyed the services provided by Givesmart and don't have anything that we can say that we disliked. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With GiveSmart, we were able to host our inaugural gala with out any hiccups or concerns. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Development Manager
Fund-Raising
What do you like best?

The platform pairs you with someone to help you with any inquiry that you may have. I highly recommend getting a package where they will have staff on site. Having GiveSmart people to organize check-in and get credit cards makes the check-out process seamless. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The downsides of GiveSmart are having another database to store information that needs to be transferred and a different processing system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend using the GiveSmart staff at your events. It is especially helpful for small organizations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GiveSmart makes our online auction much more effective. It enables us to drive up prices and include people who are not at the event. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

I like that people can access it very easily by text or we can manually make an account for them so that they can place bids. Also I love that they generate silent auction PDFs for you based on all the information you uploaded. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That you have to pay a separate fee for the ticketing portion. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We got the iPads for our event and givesmart does rentals- I recommend getting them through them because they are very cheap and easy shipping. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

that a lot of people who do not come to he event can still give to us through this online software. Benefits were letting everyone know who won ad not having to send out separate emails or find the person at an event. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director Of Youth Ministry
Religious Institutions
What do you like best?

The online portal for managing our fundraiser was great and my whole team had no problems with it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The price feels steep at first, but if you do your fundraiser right it will easily take care of its at the end. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are reaching more people with Givesmart than ever, and are simplifying a lot of our old processes thanks to everything available to us now! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Communications Associate
What do you like best?

Everything has been put in one place whether it's tickets sales, auction, reports, and donations. It's great to be able to customize the page to each event too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are some restrictions in the auction and page customization features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use customer support as needed and make sure you are ready to make the switch to being pretty much all online. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We no longer need multiple platforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for GiveSmart?