I like this version control platform because it provides much features in free version too.
It has many more function which are going to move to free version. So this is always developer friendly.
There are many reason behind the liking GitLab,
1. It is easy to maintain the stages of the Dev ops life cycle.
2. The branch management and branch merge management is so clean
3. The conflict issues are being handled easily.
4. It has good privacy and security policies.
5. I found the role management features are more perfect than others.
6.It allow SAML assurance level to bypass 2FA.
7. Multiple LDAP / AD server support
8. Various authentication mechanisms are supported.
9. Can be integrated with multiple 3rd party services, CI/CD, and other tools such as ALM, PLM, Agile and Automation tools.
10. Accelerate idea-to-production by identifying areas of improvement in the entire development process.
These are the main reasons and features behind my choice and likes to GitLab. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.