Gist Reviews & Product Details

Founder
What do you like best?

Unique contact list, with customizable attributes

Chatbox easy to integrate on WordPress

Forms and mailings features

Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A bit more look and feel customization would be great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just try ... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Collecting contacts (CTA on pages)

Easy interaction on our homepage

Managing contacts Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Gist Overview

What is Gist?

Gist is a suite of tools businesses use to market, sell and communicate with their customers. And we're on a mission to help marketing, sales and support teams create great customer experiences in every interaction across the customer lifecycle, at scale. Today, over 10,000 businesses are using Gist and we're just getting started. Customers use us to talk to their leads and customers and be that central source of truth. We believe that we’re in the middle of a huge shift in SaaS space towards all-in-one platforms and we need your help. Join us on this journey and help us transform the way people run businesses :)

Gist Details
Discussions
Gist Community

Gist allows you to chat with leads

Gist
2017
Newark, DE
@gistplatform

Gist Screenshots

Gist Reviews

Showing 143 Gist reviews
Already have Gist?
What do you like best?

* Great customer support (responsive, knowledgable)

* Continuous upgrades and updates

* Intuitive once you get the hang of it

* Fast and hardly fail to load

* Great native integrations (ConvertBox!) and Zapier is always useful Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

* Slight UX improvement, but no biggie

* Automation and event tracking may need some time to get used to

* Wishlist: forms allow more font customization to suit website branding

* Wishlist: that forms allow dropdowns, multiple-choice, sliders etc

* Wishlist: there's an email tracking feature to track replies Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just give it a try, ask lots of questions, and you'll be convinced quite soon :) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

* Using it as a CRM to replace Hubspot

* Managing our key prospects and clients

* I used to have problem tracking form submissions based on UTM codes. Now it's much easier.

* Having a team inbox for FB messenger and live chat is also useful

* Ability to auto tag based on behaviours is a plus Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It includes in a single place several functions that are quite useful when managing an online store, from chat support to automation of sending mail, everything is possible to get it in the same place, and its chat allowed me to work it simultaneously with the social networks of my business, which allows me to better manage the requirements of my clients. Its simplicity is its greatest virtue, since for me the fact that it can do everything from a fairly simple window and in a fairly practical way Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is noted that some functions have not been fully created and tested, for example push notifications, although they should reach me when there is some new content or something that is of interest to me, it still does not Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has been very useful for me to improve various processes related to the digital marketing of my business, since previously I had no idea what I should do to improve it, but now thanks to Gist I have been able to perform various tasks such as email marketing campaigns , content creation for my social networks and many other things that have helped me a lot in this task of improving my communication strategies and dissemination of my brand information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is a very powerful piece of software yet very intuitive to implement. Before finding Gist, I used 3 other pieces of software and tried to make them work together. WIth Gist, I have Live Chat, Help Desk, Lead Generation, and Email Marketing all under one roof and it makes daily management much easier Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

While I like everything about it, I hope in the future they implement some basic CRM features such as assigning task and funnel stage workflows Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for an all in one solution to market to people visiting your website, I would give these guys a serious look. They have mostly everything you would ever want in this type of Software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Automate and enhance communications based on what visitors do on my website and membership area. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Excellent system since they allow companies to market, sell and communicate with their customers in a safe and very responsible way. Its cost is very well evaluated since they offer you an amount of progress and an estimated time very adequate for the price they propose giving you benefits and better experiences with this type of application. It contains certain functions which are: knowledge base, support chat, transactional emails which are connected in one place by workflows being very determined. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They have several problems, some features are very underdeveloped like pop-ups because it lacks more progress and well-developed functions to be able to use it the way it should be but for those methods it also needs server to client Communications upgrades, especially in the area of updating the products so that they can be used as a multiplatform and work together. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend it for companies that want to generate very good communication with their customers because it allows you to have closer conversations with your customers and businesses which generate much more information and knowledge to have a better understanding of your company to sales and profits to your customers because it focuses this application in that way. I recommend it as a good use for marketing very easy to make it a reality for the company well customized and designed because the steps are very complex and great to make your advertising. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use it as a support in order to help create excellent experiences for customers in their stage of using the system well highlighted. I also use it for business and investment conversations since it is very complete when communicating with our customers or companies that want to do business since it allows a great website that assigns conversations of a scope that can be combined in several users in a single respective conversation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AF
What do you like best?

Besides the chatbot, the email marketing capabilities and so much more, Gist support is one of the best features to like of Gist. They are always there and effective. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Though Gist isn't perfect, I'm yet to find something I dislike that it's support hasn't quickly addressed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try. You'd be amazed of what Gist can do for your small business in both service and reach. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GIst has helped me reach my potential customers more efficiently. From emails, to support, to chat, it's very helpful to get the visitor to move down the funnel. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder
What do you like best?

Gist provides a great combination of features that covers off all the needs of an early stage startup. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Can't seem to view properties of an event that come in from Segment Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm using the knowledgebase and chat predominantly at the moment. It's also good for seeing a complete history of user events that are piped in from Segment Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

Gist is the perfect tool to increase customer interactions, the service is favorable to increase sales, provide customer experiences and support, the tool is available at a very low price, it is web based, the service compared to its competitors is quite updated, the automations it provides are excellent, its real time chat, Bots and routing are some of the most useful tools Gist provides. Its ease of use is a great advantage of this service, as it makes it easy to finish the job and allows you to use the software quickly. Implementing this service is very simple with just a couple of configurations you can use the software. Gist is a marketing tool that is distinguished by its simplicity and effectiveness to increase sales. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In the years that I have been operating this service its operation has been good, I consider that it has to improve a little the support team so that it is faster, it needs availability of mobile application and more speed in the operation of its interface so that we can work with greater effectiveness, until the moments I am very satisfied of working with Gist since I have been able to work with an effective marketing in all our organization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Gist is an extraordinary tool to increase the interactions with the clients and above all the sales, it is very easy to use and can be implemented quickly in any organization, the software is extraordinary to work has a very good structure, its price is phenomenal, it can really surprise how much can be done with this formidable tool. I can guarantee that Gist is going to work very well in any business or company since it adapts very well to any standard of work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In our company Gist has allowed us to improve our capacities to give more solid answers to the needs of our clients, to interact with them, to offer relevant experiences and to increase the effectiveness of our team at the moment of working, really it is excellent as it is possible to stimulate the growth of the sales and the satisfaction of our clients with this service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

B2B + Professional Services Lead-Generation Specialist
What do you like best?

universal inbox to streamline social channel inquiries, very powerful live chat and chatbot with a great UX for the user, powerful event tracking and automation rules Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

integration with ecom platforms leaves a bit to be desired. So for example it's great to be able to have all sorts of triggers and automation scenarios, but the utility is a bit limited if I can't send a dynamic cart recovery email, with a one click button that will re-generate the checkout for the user. The popup builder is nice, better than MANY tools out there, but not quite as powerful as Convertful -- thankfully Convertful has a direct integration with Gist so I can use them in tandem.

I think for a saas platform Gist is already there as a platform, like 100%, for ecom sites it's 95% there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get it now if you're willing to get your hands a bit dirty with implementation. It's got great features already and more in the pipeline for a great cost. Outstanding value. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

marketing automation, lead capture and lead nurture, lead segmentation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Social Media Specialist
What do you like best?

The interface is easy to understand and makes the process of using it very simple. I feel like using Gist on a day-to-day basis makes things simpler for us in order to answer our client's questions and keep in touch with them.

I think it makes communication smooth, I enjoy the email notifications and so many other features that alert us or our clients.

I recently enjoyed their revamp on the snooze system, it makes everything much simpler to keep track of. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the app can be slow or doesn't load altogether. This often happens where there is a big demand (such as Christmas sales or Black Friday). This should be addressed!

I also have trouble sometimes snoozing chats or closing them and it can be very troublesome sometimes. The number of chats opened doesn't go down and there is a big difficulty in synchronizing this.

Also, I dislike the fact that files and images are sent as separate files, especially when I need them attached to the message to get ideas clear to the clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Simply using it every day will answer all your questions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Talking and offering advice to our clients is very easy. 😊 Communication is made easy through attaching files, images, adding gifs and much more. I also enjoy being able to see a lot of details regarding our customers' information (email, user code, browser, computer system etc.) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Gist is an integrated customer contact help desk product that is great for Saas companies. Rather than having to purchase and integrate separate systems for chat, help desk and email automation, Gist provides all three in a beautifully integrated app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Very little. Gist meets our needs very closely. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are a Sass company looking for a complete customer contact system with chat, email automation and onboarding and help desk -- start your evaluations with Gist. That is the benchmark to measure others by. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We needed a unified 360 degree customer contact system. From web site chat, to in app messaging, and help ticketing -- we need a single solution that manages our customer contact and onboarding. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SMB Marketing Consultant & Founder
What do you like best?

I've been a customer with Gist for a few years now, so I think I'm qualified to speak a few words on their platform.

What I like best about Gist is that they're *not* a stagnant application, over the years, their development and refining of their tool has been evident. Not only do they add to their tool, but they also work to simplify it for the benefit of the user experience. Most newer companies don't have utilize that value so I'm able to appreciate that feat with Gist.

Some other points:

-Somehow gist is able to identify customers when they come to my website, even if they aren't in my database. I don't how they do it, but it's a great advantage.

-They have robust targeting features for their pop-ups

-Their support seems mostly available and responsive.

-Their platform is easy to navigate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

-It's hard to say what I dislike, since they have automation features, tracking features, integrations, and so on, it seems like they have everything.

-Perhaps I think that their chat feature can be developed upon to be more inline with competitors (automation email requests, etc...)

-Also - a visual display for the email workflow like what Sendinblue has would be helpful, but not necessary.

-Utilizing forms *not* connected to popups would be helpful, but technically it works. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I believe that they offer a free trial, it's one of those things that you have to test and try it out as with these automation platforms it's hard to recommend for everyone's fit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

For someone that needs a user-friendly email automation for website visitors, especially if your website is built on wordpress, it works very well. Their simple and straight forward interface is critical for beginners and experts alike. However, do note like with any platform, that there is a learning curve, especially with some of the targeting features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love having a single platform which includes tools for things that usually require multiple subscriptions and multiple logins that I then have to integrate with each other. The customer support is phenomenal! I ask questions late at night and on weekends and always get a response during non-business hours! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If you hate only paying once instead of for 5 different tools, Gist is probably not for you. ;) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try out the 24 day free trial for the paid plans to see if Gist can do all the things you need. The knowledge base has tons of info to help get you started and answer questions. Be sure to reach out to support for help! They are awesome! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I love having a chat bot, live chat, a knowledge base, and even an email marketing platform all in one place because it means I can easily sync data between them all and even better, I do it all in one place with just a single subscription! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital Marketing Strategist
What do you like best?

I love that Gist pulls together several different types of customer interactions and ties them together in one location. I love being able to see who has interacted with what emails, chats, etc. Not only can you get in touch with your customers with email/chat, but you can also have the ability to create a knowledge base and better service your customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The emails are still a little basic. You can code a custom email template, but I wish there was a way to pick from several different email formats or the ability to customize those in greater detail. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They have a fully featured free plan that will give you an idea of if it will work for you business. Try the free plan and demo it. If you're like many, you'll quickly find that it's the perfect solution for your business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Before implementing Gist, I didn't have an easy and straightforward solution for live chat on my website. Additionally, I was using a separate email provider. What made me switch to Gist was the ability to have my email and chat platforms united in one tool, rather than having two separate tools that didn't talk to one another. It makes it much easier to capture leads (either through the lead form or through the chat functionality) and to follow up with those leads through chat and email. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The best part about Gist is that it is scaleable. As my small website grows, I can scale with the number of contacts in the database, and at the same time have access to all their advanced features. There's heaps of features to choose from such as the powerful marketing automation using tags (which I use a lot of), as well as integration with my wordpress website. I can track all contacts on the website and send them down different sequences depending on their actions. I mainly use it for welcome emails and followups, but it's super powerful when I start to really grow my website.

Another point that I'd like to bring up was their customer support. Their live chat support is always helpful when I have a question about how to use a certain function. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't currently have much to really say which is a drawback to their software. I guess maybe their interface looks a little dated compared to the competition, but that isn't really an issue due to how powerful their software package is. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think at least go for it and take it for a trial run first. You will be surprised just how easy the software is to you and how powerful it is. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Overall I'm very happy with how the software is performing for my website. In saying that, I personally don't use all the features they provide as I just don't require them at the moment. There may be a time in the future where I may need their live chat feature, but for now, the powerful marketing automation function is working a treat.

I think in the future I'll start to really see the software be used to its full function when my website takes off in the long run. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The live chat app looks stunning on our website! It's easy to implement and set up. Site visitors can instantly get the support they need!

Highlights:

- User-friendly

- Stunning forms and knowledge base Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is not much that we dislike about Gist.

- Ability to hide or disable the GIF feature on chat

- More integrations would be great Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Live chat is very important for us with customers who need immediate assistance. GIST is the perfect app! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The one thing that we absolutely love with Gist is how stunning the live chat looks on our website! The live chat is easy to implement and set up. Now our visitors can instantly get our support and in return, we get to collect the leads!

3 things we like the best:

- Easy to use live chat

- Robust email marketing automation

- Stunning forms and knowledge base Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is not much that we dislike about Gist. They are constantly improving and adding features.

If we were to pick two things, for now, it would be:

- A bit of a learning curve

- Even more integrations would be great Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have tried many applications that offer live chat support and email marketing automation and nothing has come close to what Gist has to offer!

One business problem we had was providing live support on our website. With Gist we have solved that problem, thanks to its amazing live chat feature! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AF
What do you like best?

I have used many platforms and I found Gist to have the most reliable mobile app. Gone are the days when I had to find unhappy customers at the end of the day, due to notifications not being pushed timely to my phone.

Setup is very easy for a non-techy person like me! I work more on the creative side of things but I was able to set up the app to be up & running within a few minutes. Plus, their support is amazing!

Interface is nice and chat widget is customizable. It comes with a booking feature that integrates with our team calendar. Love the snippets feature & integrations with many other apps that we use is a bonus.

Custom domain feature is the best! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven't used the "assistant" feature. This is the only part I did not really get so easily and I would probably need more time to set it up.

I also requested a feature to be able to setup a contact form that will go straight to conversations/inbox. At the moment, we use a separate Contact Form on the website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are a mobile team and you rely on livechat & email, this would work for you. Email automation & Email marketing are additional amazing features too.

Their customer service team is also commendable Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We run a healthy food & beverage startup and live chat is very important for us with customers who need immediate assistance. I could easily chat with them on the go without delays providing better customer service. Our customers are very happy!

We also receive quite a lof emails and we use the team inbox which is very reliable.

The ability to send email broadcasts has helped with our sales & affiliate systems... emails don't go to spam! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Product Manager and Data Analytics, Senior Supervisor
What do you like best?

Gist offers an affordable pricing plan with rich tools to boost your business. It can help use for customer support by livechat, nurture lead, email marketing. We also can set up the workflow to automate the process from the time user opt-in to sales. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Cannot use embed form to my landing page. We can use popup form or Welcome Matt, but there're some use cases that we need to embed our form. We can easily do this with Hubspot. Hope Gist will implement this feature soon. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With me, Gist is a CRM to capture lead, customer support and sales. I have to used Hubspot but it's quite expensive. Gist offers mostly the same features with very affordable price (I owned a lifetime deal). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Spark Chart | Co-founder | Feedback and Survey Expert | Management Consultant
What do you like best?

Gist provides us with a single, all-in-one software platform with incredible power to support our clients and enhance our sales and marketing. Gist allowed us to replace several very high profile applications (like Zendesk, Mailchimp and others) with one platform. At the same time, they have additional features well beyond those platforms that we did not expect. That is saving us money and time. More importantly, we can support our clients and potential clients 24 hours a day and seven days a week and we can serve them with very targeted messaging and help. When it comes to their own support, Gist give us very responsive support using their application. From our experience, they care very much about their clients. They have a clear vision for the future and continue to live up to their promises by regularly delivering release new features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

For us, there is nothing to dislike. We cannot fault their product or their customer service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Gist is excellent all-in-one application when compared to having to manage multiple applications at higher cost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Live customer support, Knowledge Base, autoresponder messaging, targeted email drip campaigns, automations, inbound and outbound marketing, contact management, website popup forms, online calendar bookings, tracking activity across our application and our website, and more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of UX development, social media and SEO/SEM
What do you like best?

The broad functions it offers your site. The functionality of the tool is amazing. What's best is the team is dedicated to improving Gist. They are always giving more value to their customers; with tools such as scheduling, forms, live view, and working on deliverability. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Wish their forms had more options (WIP). The tool has a steep learning curve, but they have some great support and educational material. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a tool for chat, email, scheduling, segmenting and tracking your site users, and much more, it is worth checking out Gist! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Gist is a great asset to my work. I have used it on my own sites and for clients, and it has been a wonderful tool to communicate with customers, and chat with potential leads. It provides chat and forms to add leads, email to continue communications, and other features such as the new live view, which help in seeing how a customer is using the site and contacting them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder & CEO
What do you like best?

When I first started using Gist it was in a beta stage (and was called ConvertFox). Over a short period of time they grew their team and product to a serious All-in-one platform for customer support, live chat, marketing, drip-feed email campaign and much more. I love that the team develops the tool so fast and efficient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be a bit slow, but I guess most tools that are THAT powerful need a bit of time to load. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use their free trial to evaluate it. They've got smaller plans for people who only need their support features to get started. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We offer live chat support to our customers, use their CRM to keep track of our customers and how they behave and we also occasionally send emails via their system. In the future we want to integrate even deeper. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that Gist is an all-in-one solution that can help you provide the best customer experience while leveraging new tools such as Bots, calendar integration, knowledge base, chat, and more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The Gist team is pretty fast resolving issues for their customers. I was able to get replies within seconds and resolution within minutes. I can't complain but to say that Gist team is on top of their game when it comes to customer support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We definitely are improving our customer support interactions. We are having more human connections and at the same time, it gives us an advantage against our competitors. The integration of customer support tools, marketing, and sales is essential for our daily routine. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.