Genesys Cloud Reviews & Product Details

Contact Center Support Technician
What do you like best?

What I like best is how easy it is to use. The integration of the working parts of applications that are typically used in a call center environment are so seamless that you almost feel like "it can't be this easy" but it truly is. Users who were migrated to this system earlier this week have not been reporting any issues. They have easily adapted. I particularly like how you can see the status of other users by simply going to the directory. That would be the equivalent of using Teams. But lo and behold, Genesys Cloud also has a chat feature. It's an all-in-one tool that makes life so much easier on everyone. It's like when you shop for kitchen appliances. Why own 10 different products when you can have an all-inclusive one? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The admin page can be overwhelming at first because it has so many different topics. As I use it more, I get more accustomed to how things are set up. The Admin page is very organized because of the use of headers. For the most part, everything is laid out pretty straightforward, but it can also be complex at times regarding terminology use. For example, I'm used to "IVR" or "Scripts" so I was searching for that vs. architect. Just small things that require a bit of getting used to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We've met with many companies but went with Genesys. Even competitors didn't have anything bad to say about this company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The first site we've rolled out has not had any issues. In fact it seems that it was an easy cutover. The idea of a cloud solution is business continuity. We've eliminated the need for on-prem equipment, our carbon footprint has been greatly reduced, and there's a sense of security knowing that there's redundancy. We have yet to start putting all the features of Genesys Cloud to use and are eager to do so. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Genesys Cloud Overview

What is Genesys Cloud?

Customer relationships can be complex, but that doesn’t mean they have to be difficult. Genesys Cloud™ makes customer relationships simple. Built to handle any channel, the Genesys Cloud solution follows the conversation everywhere—turning calls, email, chats and social comments into a seamless conversation. Connect with Customers Genesys Cloud simplifies the way you connect with customers across channels, providing all the context you need to deliver more personalized experiences and build stronger relationships. Empower Your Teams Give your employees the information they need in a tool they’ll love using. Get an all-in-one application built to engage your employees and boost your team’s performance. Understand Your Business With real-time dashboards and up-to-the-second analytics, Genesys Cloud provides the insights you need to run your business—no matter where your agents are located or which channels they handle. Our award-winning software deploys in days, is intuitive to use and continually innovates with upgrades each week. Use it as an all-in-one application, easily add hundreds of packaged integrations, or customize the platform and make it your own. Genesys Cloud is built for people and built for change.

Genesys Cloud Details
Danish, German, English, Finnish, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional)

Genesys Cloud creates fluid conversations across digital and voice channels in an easy, all-in-one interface. Provide exceptional experiences for employees and customers and reap the benefits of speedy deployments, reduced complexity and simple administration — transforming your contact center into an experience center.

Genesys
6,253 employees on LinkedIn®

Genesys Cloud Videos

Genesys Cloud Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Genesys Cloud community
Have you used Genesys Cloud before?

Genesys Cloud Reviews

Showing 453 Genesys Cloud reviews
Already have Genesys Cloud?
IT Operations manager
What do you like best?

Not only is this system is very easy to learn and use, it has a large amount of integrations available. This allows us to empower our customer service agents with having data readily available when the call comes in. We continue to expand our business use case and have included nearly every feature offered by Genesys. The system and its resources are very well documented and are often built out by administrators who have limited development background. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We do not have to many issues with the system or its support. It is significantly more stable than other providers we have used in the past and their improvement rollouts are pretty fast. It can be a little hard to get through to support via phone if there are widespread issues. However we do recieve a very prompt response via any support website submitted issues. We would love after call surveys not in email without using a third party tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were able to consolidate multiple call center systems into one. We also really enjoy the connections to systems like Office 365 our internal databases and even our external ticketing system. Creating one hub/screen for our call agents to use has increased the acceptance to our business changes. It also allows them to provide a level of customer support our competitors just cant keep up with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Customer Service Manager
What do you like best?

Easy set up of users/queues/phone numbers. Great knowledge base - I've taught myself how to build mostly everything in our system (after we changed things post-implementation) just by using the free online resources. Standard reports give you about everything you need. It is easy to pull recordings of calls and make notes right inside the call area. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

- Some of the way data is categorized doesn't always line up with how I would like to see it. I can manipulate in excel to get what I want in those scenarios; it's just a bit more difficult.

- You are encouraged to use email/online support rather than calling in. Sometimes you just need a phone call to get through something though. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

- Reporting on all teams across the country quickly (you can save filters so it's a quick pull of data)

- Speech recognition to get customers to the right team quickly/easily Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Manager
What do you like best?

The connectivity between colleagues has been beneficial. The consult option for call transfers could come in clutch when other means of communication are not as readily available. It also aids in the client feeling heard and taken care of. I also really like the ability to forward calls when I am out of the office or if calls routed to my number have been directed incorrectly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Queues can be finicky at times but are also a very valuable resource. Genesys was supposed to provide better reporting, better oversight, but the licenses are not cheap so administrative type users where minimized. This is one thing that any company should keep in mind when evaluating their switch to Genesys. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Genesys could be exactly what you are looking for, but make sure to stop and think about what you really need out of a phone system. Reporting for me is one of the most critical items, but its not easy, and the literature and trainings for this program are not the best. Keep that in mind when you are looking for your next program. If you have the time to watch videos over and over, play around and get used to the system through your own devices, then I highly recommend this program. Genesys was supposed to provide better reporting, better oversight, but the licenses are not cheap so administrative type users where minimized. This is one thing that any company should keep in mind when evaluating their switch to Genesys. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Transfers, internal dialogue, and consultation calls have become an amazing tool through Genesys. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Quality assurance analyst
What do you like best?

GENESYS is a friendly tool that makes it easy to keep in touch with our colleagues as clients for work reasons. Genesys has its details but it is understandable because I want to imagine that it is a new tool which will provide us with great updates in the future. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Now being part of the quality assurance area I can say that I found a detail which when I want to download a call I get that lasts 20 hours when the truth is that it lasts much less than 20 seconds. especially that the calls can be downloaded in .mp3 format since as they are part of a .WAV file they weigh more than 100 MB. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do not think about it anymore since it is a friendly platform that facilitates work and is in constant growth and updates, without a doubt I fully recommend it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

More than anything, the benefits that I have found is that when I move from an application to the use of genesys since I am part of the quality area, it allows me to always be updated with the calls of the case analysts and above all it allows me to be up to date with the information and processes are carried out in a correct way.

genesys allows me to work in a certain way faster.

I really hope more updates of this app that is very friendly and above all easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Operations
What do you like best?

It's straightforward and friendly. It's easy to understand and it actually helps with team integration through the ability to customize the profile.

Statuses are easy to understand and easy to track.

Profiles are easy to understand and helps users know where to find the person they need to find.

Voicemails are easily transferred and calls are equally easy to transfer.

Roles and tiers are clearly defined. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Reporting is tedious, if I am listening to a call and would like to listen to a new interaction, instead of taking me back exactly where I was, I have to start all over again.

Calls are in WAV format which means downloading calls for audits take very long. I'd recommend MP3.

Being able to listen to a call without the sales rep noticing is unavailable or not easy to find.

Calls are not always tracked on my activity tab.

I would change ANI and DNI for To: and For: Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's pretty easy to use, I don't think tips are needed. Just dive right in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Transferring calls, getting voicemails to the right people, it's made my life easier.

Listening to calls is easy.

Calling co-workers without having to look for extensions is much friendlier than with other apps.

Quickly finding out what other employees do and which department they belong to is really helpful, as it helps us help the client more efficiently. Before we would have to use other less practical tools for this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

VP Sales
What do you like best?

The speed, the clarity. I like the Chrome plugin, reporting, agent visibility. I think the API for 3rd party software providers like Bright Metrics. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The phone routing system for sales could use some improvement. For example, there is no "Ring All" setting. The call has to ring and bounce from agent to agent.

Also, finding and listening to a recorded conversation is cumbersome. It's takes a while to find it.

Same with listening in on a live call. You have to find the interaction. There should be a better way to quickly listen in on a call. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to identify when call volume is high and when calls flow out. This has allowed us to shift our sales schedules to maximize the incoming call opportunities. We also have much greater visibility on what agents are doing with their time.

The benefits are greater productivity and efficiency, plus more new clients Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Case Analyst
What do you like best?

I think Genesys is a very useful tool, as it allows me to connect with my clients quickly and nearly without any delay. This platform also has many functions I use on an everyday basis. I can talk to many clients at the same time, keep my records on check and the activities of my queues easily. I also can keep many calls active at the same time, check the information available of every client even before I take the call and also be in contact with my network, as we all have profiles on Genesys that we use to know when we're available and act accordingly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the interface is a little confusing, as there seems to be many hidden tools and tricks that might be useful, but doesn't seem available at a first glance. It also sometimes has some delays and the interface for profiles, setting up profiles and also selecting them can be confusing at times. Sometimes, as I'm browsing through functions it can get a little slower, and sometimes I need to refresh many times to fix issues. Other main issue is that sometimes it doesn't keep track of my calls and I seem to have less calls than in reality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make the best use of it by learning all of the tools and keep on searching for hidden functions that might help you in the future. It is a really comprehensive platform and it should make easier the experience to connect with people. It also helps you connect with the people on your network as it allows you to have a view of everyone on the directory and a good look of important information regarding every company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use it to connect with my clients on a daily basis. I've realized it allows me to make conference calls, transfer easily to coworkers that might need the client online, leave on hold a client while I work on a client's situation, see my voicemails easily and keep my network visible, as all of my coworkers use this software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Case Analyst
What do you like best?

Working with phone systems since 2018 and this one is by far my favorite. It has all the built-in features needed as a phone system would related to calls, as well as logs and daily tracking of the time spent working and away from the computer in detail by the minute. The Genesys-Cloud CRM add-on for the platform we use for calls is also a great addition because it's all in the same window so we don't have the need for 2 monitors or split the screen one for the CRM and the other being Genesys itself, unless you like to have one tab being the phone and the other the case. The Genesys phone has the option to open that case or lead either manually but it's already set to automatically open the case for you so you really don't have to worry about it. All in all it's super productive to use this platform for calls. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Thus far I have found nothing that I dislike about the platform or it's features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Right now no issue. At the time we started using this platform Genesys-Cloud assigned us one of their technicians for 30 days which helped trouble shoot any problems which we were either having or unfamiliar with how to use a feature within the built in add-on for the CRM we use. The technician helped us one-on-one and as a team where we had questions or doubts until everything we needed for our platform we working at a hundred percent. Since then I have not noticed one problem with the Genesys platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Assistant Vice President, Servicing
What do you like best?

I love that there is an app that allows you to connect with your mobile phone. Before using Genesys, I was using an online phone platform that would constantly disconnect. That was a real issue as most of much of my jon involves speaking to the IRS and the hold times are long enough without tech difficulty! Genesys PureCloud is reliable and top quality and has drastically improved my remote user phone experience. The sounds quality is awesome too! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, the sound settings need reset without reason. Otherwise, I have no complaints about Genesys PureCloud! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Excellent sound quality and the ability to conference call many parties helps when solving problems nationwide. Our call center that handles large volumes of calls daily has benefited drastically from the use of call queues. Our managers are more effective thanks to the data available, and the QA functionality is great. It eliminated our need to find other resources for QA. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Case Analyst
What do you like best?

audio and reliability perspective and easy to use, Great features. I love the ability to easy transfer calls and also to do blind and consultative transfers. I also love how it looks. The directory is also a great feature, I love the ability to see all employees but also their status if I am going to transfer a call to them and also see what department they work in. The picture icon is also a feature I like. I like to the ability to put the face to the person I am talking to.

I like the ability to be able to track my own performance, it breaks it all down. The ability to schedule calls back via the phone system is great as well, makes it impossible for me to forget about calling a client. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I honestly could not say once thing I dislike in regards to this phone system. I have used many other systems and by far this has been the most reliable and user friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I take inbound calls, I like the ability how I get visual and audio signals when a call comes in, I never miss a call with this system. I like the caller ID feature that also displays the caller's name or business name.

Checking voicemails is easy as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

case advocate
What do you like best?

it is easy to use since the interface is totally friendly and there's no way you can get lost there it has everything organized. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

it doesn't update all the call records, outbound or inbound. if sometimes it takes time to get it updated, also if you are talking to a client by call sometimes another call can get in and the phone starts ringing no matter if your are already in a call. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

i think that Genesys it is based on Icons, normally when i started using it i used to be guided by the icons and that's how i started understanding it, now i just got used to it and it is easier to use then before. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

i can call client in a faster way since it is easier to dial a number and if i get a voice mail i don't have to hear it from my email since my voice mails are saved to Genesys. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Case Advocate
What do you like best?

The platform is very smooth and simple. It's very easy to learn to use it, and all information is readily accessible, without further issue. Also, call quality is excellent, it's very rare to have a lag on conversations. I like that the configuration is easy, and the voice recognition makes it easy to use. Another useful feature is that we can check on our performance, we can see already what was our behavior on the day.

The voicemail features are also very good, since we can access them right away from the inbox, and also and email is sent, which works as a reminder in case we were not present at the moment.

Learning to use the platform was also very easy, it took me 1 or 2 days at most to fully understand it and use it without issue to do my work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything. It has been an improvement from the previous service we used. The platform is useful and easy to use. May be only that sometimes, when opening for the first time in the day, the app suddenly closes for no reason, but opening it again fixes the problem and doesn't happen anymore. Sometimes, there may be a glitch on the internet connection, and then the service doesn't work, but I would not blame the service for that, That is easily fixed closing the app down and restarting it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are giving customer service, it has ben beneficial to have full control of the calls made and received, and readily access to voicemails, for instance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Leader of Network & Telecom Engineering
What do you like best?

Intuitive and attractive user interface that makes answering and interacting with calls easy. The idea of not having to spend time and money in the maintenance of aging infrastructure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Lack of detailed configuration and reporting options we were used to with our previous CX (Avaya). Less control and visibility with the underlying infrastructure. Keeping up with applications updates/changes while mitigating impact to a large user environment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be sure to invest substantial time comparing the features of Genesys to your current system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Currently we are troubleshooting an issue with what seems to be a change in architecture involving client communication that nobody at Genesys is able shine a light on. Also, we might have uncovered an issue with the user interface that shows inaccurate information about the health of our Genesys Edges. The benefits have yet to be fully realized in my opinion because we are investing a large portion of our yearly budget into Genesys licensing but not noticed a positive difference in the functionality from our previous system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Very easy to use remotely, and IVR is very easy to setup. Also both of our reps (Jared Cox and Alex Verkamp) have been great to work with. Any issue that has been presented to them they have responded very quickly back, and have done everything they can to help overcome any obstacle that we have faced. Overall a very accommodating team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some features are missing that were on the on premise version. We use "greetings" for our agents, and this feature is not available out of the box. THere is a work around for this and the staff at Genesys worked with us to get this implemented as soon as possible. Also wish the reporting allowed more fine tuned reports to be run. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use genesys for our IVR system and for our corporate users. The major benefit we have noticed has been during the pandemic it has been very simple to send new agents home to work and get setup quickly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer Quality Assurance Coordinator
What do you like best?

I like the ability to make a receive calls, is pretty self intuitive and I found that the desktop app is very reliable, I have never had any issues with calls dropping or cutting in and out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I am a supervisor that needs to look for other agent's calls from time to time and It is a bit tedious to go over all the filters and having to match the exact phone number format, once you find the recording sometimes takes a very long time to load it, also the download format is very big, it would be better if it was a smaller file. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Transferring calls to my colleagues is very easy and gives you the option to blind transfer a client or warm transfer, one of the best benefits its that I have never seen Genesys down or not working which is very important. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The amount of documentation that is available Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that comes to mind at this time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For those that are looking to utilize Genesys Cloud, be sure that you have completed your due diligence with other platforms first before understanding the once that is available. If you are using another system, there is a learning curve but with the documentation that is available, you can easily find your answers within their knowledge base Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We currently had a site transition from an in-house contact center to a completely remote contact center with the closure of a physical office. With no technical personnel on site and no other offices in the area, we needed to identify a solution that would meet the requirements that were placed in front of us. The flexibility of the solution in the cloud has allowed for us to transition in the matter of days and not weeks or months. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sr. Unified Communications Administrator
What do you like best?

The API gives us the ability to automate most of our tasks in managing Genesys Cloud.

We are able to Create and remove accounts, modify user settings, change queue statuses, modify permissions and pull important information by script.

The architect is very straight forward and logical. it makes for easy building of call flows. The use of Divisions allows for the separating of different groups, and allows us to scope Management access by division. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the API documentation is a little vague.

Some users have complained that they must delete voicemails one at a time.

As with most VOIP systems there is an issue with users who have high latency. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Their management interface is logical and easy to work with. They are fairly quick on responding to questions, and fixing issues. The reports available are very useful, and reviewing of metrics for users and queues are easy to use. The interface is clean and modern. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to provide our end users a way to communicate Genesys Cloud. We have many queues setup, that are used by our agents. We can provide useful metrics to the management team which allows them to coach our agents.

Having a way for people to delete multiple voicemails at once would be nice. On that note being able to turn off the ability to do so for certain people/queues/groups would be a plus.

A Voicemail management area where one would be able to view all voicemails within all of the queues/groups/users would be helpful in certain situations.

IT would be nice to have another way to turn off queues similar to Emergency routing. Something like Emergency but for meetings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Genesys is a complete package and it can meet and exceed the companies business requirements. It gives businesses complete control of their contact center experience. Easy to set up, easy to use. All-in-one contact centre solution that helps you manage and understand omnichannel interactions in a seamless customer journey. Give your employees a single tool that handles all communications voice, chat, email, text message and more. An intuitive interface makes it easy to use, whether you're an agent, supervisor or IT admin. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's a bit difficult to get a comprehensive analysis on some of our tickets these past few weeks from the new support engineers. But it's understandable as they still need time to adjust and learn the product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't think twice. It will be the best business decision you'll ever make. Easily one of the best contact center software on the market today. As a cloud-based contact center, it’s easy to deploy and incredibly easy to use. So, you’re in good company when you sign up for Genesys cloud. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Genesys solves our problem to reach out more customers using Dialer and we can make some changes on the configuration depending on what the business needs. Intelligent campaigns optimize your call center efficiently by automating contacts & call flows, making sure that high-opportunity conversations are the only ones you will be having. Use call work flows to eliminate tedious and time intensive tasks for your agents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.