Gap Selling Sales Training Reviews & Product Details

Sales Director - Services Market US West
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I thought that my discovery was top notch...but quickly learned that I was missing out on so much. Specifically things that were quantifiable by creating the GAP with my prospects. It was certainly eye opening. That if I would adopt and use the PIC process that I could gain so much more knowledge and create even more value as to why my prospect needs my product/solution. Much different than any other sales training that I've had in my 20+ year career. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Keenan is direct, encourages participation, and is entertaining to. He doesn't put on a mask when in his training sessions. You can tell that he is who he is. I didn't feel like he was lecturing the entire time either. He asked a lot of questions and I enjoyed the activities as well. It helped to absorb what he was teaching. I definitely walked away feeling smarter, more confident, and know that I can add more value to prospect conversations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have nothing of value to add here...Keenan knows his stuff and kept the curriculum moving. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Of all the different sales trainings and methodologies...by far this is the best and most applicable. The other stuff was either really cheesy, encouraged lying or manipulation. This was straight forward and helps to create the best value for you and for the client. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our sales organization just went through the training - so I haven't been able to fully embrace it just yet. However I know that our company is going to continue to practice the PIC and I want to become an expert on it...so it just flows without even having to think about what question or comment comes next. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Gap Selling Sales Training Overview

What is Gap Selling Sales Training?

Gap Selling is all about showing salespeople and sales organizations how to sell more by teaching them how to help their customers more.

Gap Selling Sales Training Details

A Sales Guy
2011
Boulder, CO
@asalesguy
Answer a few questions to help the Gap Selling Sales Training community
Have you used Gap Selling Sales Training before?

Gap Selling Sales Training Reviews

Showing 62 Gap Selling Sales Training reviews
Location
Already have Gap Selling Sales Training?
Founding Member
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Discovery, discovery, discovery. We are all so used to talking about ourselves. Looking back at some of the discoveries I had had prior to taking the course, I'd like to go back in time and tell myself to stop. It's just crazy that we spend so much time chasing leads to completely waste an opportunity to ask insightful questions and to make it all about them and their struggles. No way I go back to doing things the same way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

PIC (Problem Identification Chart) is one of the best tools that we, as salespeople, can use to help our customers navigate the buying journey. Really getting to know 5 states of the current state (physical/literal, problems, impact, emotion and root cause) and translating them into the future state is what defines the GAP. Once we know how big the GAP is, everything else becomes much easier. No gap, no sale. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

One aspect that is missing and that I'd really like to see in this kind of training is to see the applicability of the process across different contract values. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's too early to say as I've just completed the training, but I've been using some of the techniques in my discovery process after reading the book, and I've had much higher engagement from my buyers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GC
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Learn how to ask the right questions around the top 10 business problems organizations face today guiding your prospect to an obvious YES on buying your product.

There was a lot of great content and definitely took away some tips on what not to do and always do.

Keenan made sure people were all involved and engaged. Lot's of examples and exercises took place to practice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Keenan's high energy and ability to get people thinking more. Loved his analogies/live examples to help people understand better about whatever he was teaching. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

less or no Fucks.... i don't care who you are it's just doesn't mix with business. It's unprofessional. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

don't focus on the product - the business problems are what matters and how you can create a line of questioning to guide the prospect to a sale. How big is the GAP? Have you created enough urgency with your prospect? Budget shouldn't be a qualifier - that was an eye opener and opposite from what we've been taught. Un-doing alot of behaviors is going to take time but worth the investment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

TC
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

First off, if you are not willing to take an honest look at how you have been selling, Kenan may not be for you.

But if you are open to getting better, you'll be hard pressed to find a more straightforward methodology for helping your prospects identify the true cost of the status quo, and the implications of the solution you propose - or sometimes more importantly, of doing nothing at all.

No more wondering if they'll get a real ROI on your solution. Together you determine the real costs the real return you can provide. When the gap is big enough, their decision becomes clear. When it's not, you both know it and can move on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

With 20+ years of technology sales, the first embarrassing admission I had to make was how lax my sales process had become. Very product focused rather than focused on the prospect's real business and technical problems. But with practice, you start to recognize the problems where you can have the biggest impact on your prospect's business - and how to help them quantify both where they are today and where they can be. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Taking an honest look at yourself is a humbling endeavor, And changing ingrained habits is taking renewed attention and focus. But the most striking change is the relief I hear from the prospect when the conversation stays centered on them, their problems and the goals they want to achieve. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Engage with the Gap Selling team. You'll get first hand experience of how your prospects will feel when your conversation stays focused on them. And how different it is from every other conversation you've had with a sales person before. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our company offers SaaS solution to a fast growing industry. The prospect's organization is growing at a furious pace, and at times they are not even sure where their business stands today. But they know cracks are forming, and people are working harder and harder to keep up.

Gap Selling Sales Training helps us show them where those problems are, and how it's leading to a lower quality of service provided, lost revenue, high employee turnover, and exploding administrative staff costs. From their it's a simple conversation about whether the tangible improvement to their business that we can provide is large enough to undertake the change today.

The prospects have said that for the first time they feel like a salesman actually listened to what they said - instead of just waiting for them to stop talking so they could start pitching. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

We rolled out Gap selling at the end of 2019 and Keenan came on site to help kick us off. It's something everyone was able to embrace and get excited about, and wasn't just the standard boring training information that is forgotten a few days later. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

While the training was extremely engaging and entertaining, there was a lot of easily digestible content to easily apply to our specific roles. This is something that helps us elevate our conversations and approach our clients with a much better consultative approach. Keenan got me thinking of different ways to approach every unique situation and better understand how to control and forecast our deals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There was nothing to dislike about this training Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The most important thing is the fact that we can understand the actual reasons WHY a client would be buying. Lots of problems are the same, realizing the impact of those problems is always different. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Content Specialist
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

My company hired Keenan to do a few all-day training sessions with our sales team. Our goal is to become skilled, gap salespeople! The whole process of discovering our customers/prospects' current state to define the gaps between it and their desired future state needs to become second nature to our team. Our goal is to get so skilled at defining customers' problems and the impacts of those problems that we'll create a customer base of satisfied customers who are with our company because we truly do solve their problems. I am not in this industry by mistake or chance. I have always been passionate about serving the autism community and have put a great deal of work into finding where I fit in when it comes to the web of people that make up this field. When I first started working in and with the autism community over 10 years ago I would have never imagined I'd work in a sales job. I am so grateful that shortly after I found myself in sales that Gap Selling was thrown in my lap. My personal goal is to get so skilled at gap selling in this field that my deals not only help my organization gain more customers but to teach my customers how to analyze their business more effectively. If our customers are being smart business people they will have more resources available to help the people who need it the most. Win-Win-Win! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I am a big fan of Keenan's blunt nature and straightforward style of communication. I don't learn well when people sugar coat things or sugar foot when I need corrections. He's blunt AND he is patient and caring. It's all in good fun and way more effective than the annoying sandwich method of giving feedback. In addition to liking Keenan in person, I do really like the fact that GAP selling is about helping people solve real problems. It takes the sleazy, gross parts out of sales. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I only had a few days to read the book before our 1st training session so I bought the audiobook. The loud, high energy for hours straight was a bit much. Keenan is loud and high energy. It's not an insult. It's the truth. I caught myself feeling a level 10 anxiety by the time I'd turn the book off. If you ONLY are going to ever listen to the book and you're a snowflake like me who's sensitive to loud - high energy noise you might need to break the book up into 12, 30-minute listening sessions. Also, as I told Keenan during our first training, I think the book could use a few non-sport related analogies. ;) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Do it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In the past (when I worked alongside a sales team with no sales training myself) I witnessed other sales approaches put customers on the defensive. Those deals were painful and often times a product was forced to fit versus using gap selling, which aims to prove a well-suited fit. It's important to find customers who are a good fit so you have satisfied customers! The benefit of learning gap selling is that it makes the sales process much more objective and the conversations between salespeople and customers are more natural. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Gap Selling has significantly impacted my sales calls, if not only helping me to become more problem-centric versus product but also asking thought-provoking questions around my prospect's current state. In the words of Keenan " Getting out of thinking I have something to sell but I have something to discover." Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love how Keenan is really engaged with learning our specific industry and getting to know our industry's unique problems. This training is relatable and 100% all-in engaged.

With taking on this methodology or training you can certainly change your mindset about living more in the prospect's world versus you and what you have to sell. It takes practice but once you have that "Ah Ha moment" gap can change up your results and efforts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I dislike about this training - Other than I wish we could do this once a month! You definitely have to be okay with checking your ego and doing some honest evaluation of yourself or Keenan will point that out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My team is better equipped to uncover the current state and what impacts are most valuable to our prospects. We're focused on finding those business problems and highlighting them for an AE to dig into more.

Content creation- making it more problem-centric and utilizing those tools to get meetings booked, being less scripted and going with the flow of the conversation. As well as truly making our prospects feel heard when they come to us, as a SaaS organization that sets us apart from the competition. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Gap selling has helped me focus on asking not only better questions but also deeper questions that have enabled me to reduce my sales cycle. If you are looking to become a better sales professional, Gap Selling training is a must! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

If you learn to ask the right questions, it will uncover your prospect's problem/problems on the first call instead of wasting time having multiple calls. It also decreases the chance a prospect will disappear. It's really been life-changing for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Its very challenging! This is not something you can do once and master. You need to work on this every day and read and re-read the book. It's not for someone that is looking for a "quick fix" Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

If you want to be a better sales professional, Gap Selling training is a must! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Shorten sales cycle

More attentive prospects

less disappearing

Total control of sales process

Increased income by 2x so far Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Training & Sales Coaching

As an early adopter, continue on my journey of learning while helping to elevate my abilities of Gap Selling principles towards mastery. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Content - amazing

Interaction with like minded Gap Sellers - amazing

Unbridled passion and enthusiasm of Keenan - off the charts Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't want to sound trite but there are none!

Ok, on second thought, a possible downside is if you don't come with an open mind and willing to dispel myths and declutter what you already know from prior sales trainings, you'll definitely miss out on what you can gain from this training. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

If you're an individual contributor in sales, or a sales leader, you owe it to yourself, then your company to learn about Gap Selling. As a student of many sales programs over the years, this challenges perceived conventional wisdom. If you want you and your sales team to EXCEL, then invest the time to learn about Gap Selling. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's not about "you or your product"

Check you ego in at the door - be your authentic self and true to your own self-awareness

It's all about the client OUTCOMES

Problem, problem, and more problem is key - #problemcentricselling

Problem identification is vital to discovery

A problem is only a problem if it has a "negative impact" to the client

The bigger the problem, the bigger the gap

No problem, no sale

Influence change to elevate sales acumen and client outcomes Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Problem-centric selling. Instead of chasing customers around and trying to create a need for your product, you act as a business consultant that helps them find and define the problems that YOU can help them with - if done right, it quickly aligns the timeline, budget, and willingness to purchase your solution.

I would take a refresher on all of this at least once a month if I could... it's easy to get caught going back to old strategies and mixing them up - but a few key triggers will help me stay focused on finding and solving customer problems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The facilitator (Keenan) was incredibly engaging and knowledgeable and could answer every question and scenario we threw at him. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Personally, there was nothing I disliked - however I think some of my colleagues may have been surprised by his intense (and very engaging) delivery style. Make sure your team knows to check ego at the door, be willing to listen to new information, and realize that much of their background/training/previous experience might be challenged! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

This training is amazing. Your team will benefit from the fresh perspective on how to ACTUALLY help your customers solve their problems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ability to align interests with clients more closely, better ability to have an effective discovery call, learned how to ask better questions and listen better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account Executive
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

We had Gap Sales Training for our entire sales dept to improve our selling techniques Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Keenan was great at challenging us and making sure we knew what problems we were actually solving. I learned a lot and it changed the way I've approached sales ever since. It's a tool that I'm continuously sharpening. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Just wish we had more time with Keenan. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Come in with an open mind Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We understand our customer base better by asking business problems rather than just trying to solve technical questions. It's help me better understand how our product can actually solve real world problems for our clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

EI
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

We hired the Gap Selling team to teach us more about identifying opportunity and better win ratios. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Keenan is very entertaining and doesn't hold back. He pushes you to apply the skills in the training. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is some "homework" that could be assigned before training starts. I feel this would keep the presentation moving. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Read the book. Go to the website and YouTube channel. Lots of free material. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Opened our sales teams eyes to a new way to think about an opportunity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing Director, West Coast Sales
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Keenan and his team rolled out the GAP Selling philosophy and framework to our entire sales organization. We needed a common language to train around and conceptualize the sales process to our reps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The concept of GAP selling aligns with our historic sales process. However, the package of the book, and deeper learning/reinforcement by Keenan himself has allowed us to extract much more performance from the existing talent, systems and protocols we have in place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is only one Keenan. It would be great if there were online training materials. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Any sales org which is tasked with identifying, engaging and closing a sophisticated clientele will find benefit from the GAP selling training. If you need a simple course correct or complete rebuild of your sales training Keenan and GAP selling will move the needle. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are seeking to improve the average close ratio across our global sales org. We have already seen an uptick in rep engagement and enthusiasm for the new framework. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SVP Sales
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

GAP Selling puts a structure and a mindset in place to enable a forward-thinking sales org to truly operationalize a next-generation sales methodology. GAP Selling forces reps to put their clients in the center of the equation and be patient to dig out their technical and business problems. This will help us take our business to the next level. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The GAP Selling methodology is all-encompassing and will become a mindset over time. Right from the moment a prospect is identified my team is trying to discover the problems, not feature dump. This is how we had to evolve and the whole team had to be onboard, hence our SDR's, AE's, SE's and Leadership Team all went through the training. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike. Our team immediately bought into the value of GAP Selling and were genuinely excited. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Make sure you conduct a book review as a team before GAP Selling training. This will not only build excitement but enable the training to land on the day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our reps are better equipped to have business conversations with our clients rather than focussing on product. This is a key evolution for our entire organization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

TF
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I am an account manager working with existing businesses in a Saas company. Gap Selling well allow me to create long lasting commitments from clients as i will be able to establish problems and tailor my approach to there problem (there gap) so that they achieve their desired future state Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Credibility over likability, the key to a sale isnt about your clients liking you, but you giving them a solution Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

no real dislikes, but understanding that there are circumstances that gap selling is hard to do due to lack of communication from clients Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

100% do this training, you will take tons of tips away that will be embedded into your day to day activities Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

long lasting relationship Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

National Sales Manager
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I read the book GAP selling with my sales team, which was a good start, but the course was very helpful in how to implement the book knowledge. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Keenan has a high energy, interactive way of keeping everyone engaged. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any dislikes regarding the course Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Anyone can be they typical low value sales rep company. It takes work and practice to be exceptional and add value! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

TC
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Its a good book. But the training didn't help at all because Keenan was unbearable to work with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The examples he used from the book were easy to relate to business conversations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

He was very unprofessional and he didnt understand what we did, or how we could apply his technique to the business we had today. Instead he yelled and screamed at us about how we do things currently, and would call you out and curse at you if you brought up a point he disagrees with. Because of this, I was totally disengaged and didnt participate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Get the book. Skip the training. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

No much because of my point above. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sr. Account Manager
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

PIC, Discovery, qualification Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

PIC, Discovery, forces you to think and prepare Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's complex, or at least it feels so, in the beginning. You have to be smart, and you have to prepare. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Commit Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I think totally different now as a result and I have a plan for prospecting, discovery, the entire process Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Area Sales Manager
Medical Devices
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Usually we are so quick to assess the problems of our customers or even worse potential customers as if we are the one's running their business. GAP Selling helped me to cultivate the right questions to ask in order to learn about my customers in a way that identifies problems I can solve. It also helped me qualify leads or disqualify leads and be ok with the out come. I won't be able to solve every problem and that's ok. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The application to my own business and ideas that were generated out of the conversations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Larger group settings don't allow for the whole training to be completed in a day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

If you're on the fence, read the free information that is on the blog or buy the book. Your GAP for purchasing the training will grow as you learn more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Workflow, Lower SKU's, Pricing, business strategy. I am not an order taker. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Financial Planner
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Gap Selling has transformed our company and my personal approach to selling. We have revised our processes, messaging, and approach based upon the principles and techniques described in Gap Selling. It has already positively impacted our sales pipeline and closes! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Gap Selling makes you and the customer go on a journey to discover where the true value resides within an opportunity. Whether you are responding to an inquiry or you are creating an opportunity from a cold call, Gap Selling provides a highly-repeatable process to uncover and build momentum around what your product/services can do to directly impact a customer's issues. It's brilliantly simple and creates excitement for both parties! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Gap Selling takes coaching and practice. I would like to see a more developed curriculum for organizations to learn it, make it their own program, and be able to teach it to their salesforces. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

We have attended a live training event this year. It was well-structured, interactive, enjoyable, and directly applicable to our current sales opportunities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have both read (and re-read) the book, and have worked directly with Keenan as a coach. He has really helped us get beyond a lot of the misconceptions about how to generate excitement and move deals toward closure. We really feel like we are creating a repeatable process to qualify and drive legitimate opportunities toward a long-term client/customer relationship. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

VP of Sales
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Keenan came in for a one-day training for the sales and account management teams. It was before the release of his Gap Selling book and it's changed the way we think about sales at TaskRay Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The problem and impact focused approach. Your job as a seller is to be in conversations that you and the buyer agree that your company can solve a problem for them....we all know that. What Gap Selling does is focus you on helping the buyer uncover new, semi-related impacts that other similar buyers are experiencing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not a whole heck of a lot. He prepped well and did some follow-up to ensure it landed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Complete the Problem - Impact - Root Cause work ahead of the session and spend time with Keenan to review in detail first. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The team has improved discovery skills overall and the one standout metric is ASP has increased by 48% since the training. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Gap Selling was brought in to give us more knowledge on how to start a journey with prospects and encourage them to continue it with us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The most helpful thing about Gap Selling is how it is adapted to our specific case and how we were given the tools to tackle our own specific roadblocks in terms of our pipeline. It's great for all professionals including if you are just starting out in your sales career. There were great suggestions on how to go about solving certain issues. A great part of it also is that we are able to continue to communicate and have the option to share within a community anything that we come across that we may need further guidance on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I honestly can't find fault with the training. It was completely adapted to each different role in the sales process to set us up for success as a team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Keenan has an amazing way of imparting information and going step-by-step that allows you to really own the methodology for yourself. He gives you everything you need to implement it, with the training itself being highly enjoyable and interactive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Many - one being that Gap Selling allows us to identify and communicate at a deeper level the issues that we solve for prospects and in the process, we're also learning more about how we add value and can add further value. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Development
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

We were given a day training by Keenan and it was incredibly helpful to increase our efficiency when selling and having better conversations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Keenan is to the point and can back it up, I don't like sales trainers a lot of the time, they seem to regurgitate the same thing but just with a different twist, Keenan has a fresh approach Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, it was a long training day so that was about it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Read the book, if it works with your organisation, don't even hesitate. Be prepared to really change the way you work for the better, Keenan will be able to help you I guarantee. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has given me a new understanding about how the clients are buying and actually to dig a lot deeper. I have never had a sales training that has been able to genuinely positively effect my career in such a way. I feel like right now I have only been able to implement around 40% but it has already changed the way I work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Our sales organization adopted the Gap Selling methodology, and then were fortunate enough to participate in a full training day with Keenan. We've applied Gap Selling to all aspects of our sales process, from prospecting emails and calls, to qualifying opportunities, to negotiations. We honed our Gap Selling skills during the training session with Keenan, and the impact has been tremendous - we are building a stronger pipeline, we are able to hold firm on pricing, and we are armed with the necessary techniques to push deals to close won. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Keenan's training sessions are high energy, engaging, insightful and tailored to my company's industry / prospects / process. The session was not just an overview of the content in the book, but it brought the concepts from the book to life. In my opinion, the live sessions with Keenan are mandatory and will absolutely change the way you sell for the rest of your sales career. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are no downsides to implementing Gap Selling. The one-on-one time with Keenan is great - I'd like to take part in progressive, more advanced trainings for the teams that have already adopted Gap Selling. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

I would mandate that the Gap Selling book is read by the team PRIOR to the training with Keenan. It really makes a difference. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Gap Selling allows our sales organization to "speak the same language" when discussing accounts and pipeline. We're able to identify and quantify the GAP, and dedicate effort and focus to the accounts with the largest gaps - the prospects that our company can provide the most value to, and make the biggest impact. The ability to prioritize is huge! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Solutions Engineer
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

As a Technical Solutions Engineer, Gap Selling was crucial (still is!) to help me understand how to connect business problems to technical problems and how by solving these technical problems will in-turn help solve various business challenges (the GAP). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The Discovery Phase. Having a successful Discovery is pivotal in ensuring the sales journey is headed in the right direction (Closed-Won) but is beneficial for the prospect/customer as well. This is where you make or break the sale...the grind to truly understand intrinsic motivations and desired outcomes and how you can help satisfy them. Everyone Wins! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Hmmmm...can't think of anything I dislike about it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

If you're considering a bulletproof method in educating your sales team and you really want to help them grow professionally (not to mention boost your bottom line), JUST DO IT! There's a ton of imitators out there but only one Keenan. This man preaches the truth...practical, results-oriented truth! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Having a solid framework! Every aspect of the sale is broken down into specific phases which prepares you for every possible situation. By having the steps broken down, there's a great deal of confidence from knowing what to expect and how to approach every situation (from the types of discovery questions to having a kickass demo). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SDR (Sales Development Representative)
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Gap Selling Training helped our team better engage and understand how buyers think and what motivates them to buy. Although simple, many salespeople rush to speak about their value and what they bring to the table without understanding the value and motivations that brought the prospect to speak to us in the first place. This training really levels with your team and forces us to go through the proper process for a successful sale. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I enjoyed the real life examples and analogies that made it easier to grasp. I also liked the worksheets/exercises available in the book. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Adding to my previous comment, I believe more on-going training after the initial training relating to our current role would be beneficial. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving for staying a head of the sale curve - making sure we are understanding our prospect's motives and being able to monetize the value they are looking for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Gap Selling Sales...