FusionReactor

FusionReactor is an Application Performance Monitor for JAVA. No other monitor will help you get to the root of issues faster and make apps more resilient.

Work for FusionReactor?

Learning about FusionReactor?

FusionReactor Reviews

Ask FusionReactor a Question
Dimitris D.
View Original May 29, 2019

"A must have tool for monitoring CF apps"

What do you like best?

The most helpful feature of FusionReactor is the fact that you can introspect all the requests running in production. You can easily see how much time it takes to run a specific process, identify its pain points and optimise them. What is highly appreciated is also the profiling functionality! You can even profile your app and dig into very low level optimisations which otherwise would be not easily pinpointed!

What do you dislike?

What probably needs more rework is the documentation when you are exporting the java cache files from the FR JVM. I spent quite some time looking into what each value ment, which could have been better documented.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Since there is a lack of actual debugging tools for ColdFusion, I consider FusionReactor to be the only tool that actually gives you an insight within your application!

Real time monitoring of processes is a huge benefit. Optimising slow processes is a huge plus.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about FusionReactor
Showing 16 FusionReactor reviews
Dimitris D.
View Original May 29, 2019

"A must have tool for monitoring CF apps"

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about FusionReactor
Matthew C.

"The De Facto Standard for ColdFusion / Java Application Monitoring"

What do you like best?

FusionReactor is a necessary tool if you're running a ColdFusion application of any appreciable size. Not helpful, not convenient. Necessary.

It provides insights and alerts that you're not going to get anywhere else, and in many cases it's the only tool that's going to be able to help you track down obscure bugs, memory leaks, or other issues that make you want to pull your hair out. And on top of that, the team behind it is incredibly responsive and always pushing the product forward.

What do you dislike?

The price of the Ultimate Edition is the biggest pain point. Configuration and use within a containerized environment continues to improve, but still isn't as strong/easy/helpful and the on-premise FR offering.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're considering FusionReactor, talk to the team there and evaluate the product (it's free to trial). They can answer your questions and help you get started. There's no-risk, and the benefits are obvious from the moment you start using it.

The benefit is twofold. 1) FusionReactor provides alerting when there are issues with our applications. We set thresholds for memory usage, request quantity, or request length, and we get alerts when they're exceeded. This is helpful in proactively addressing potential issues. 2) FusionReactor also provides detailed insight into what is going on within applications, which we'll use when we need to track down the cause of a problem or an area that we'd like to optimize.

What Application Performance Monitoring (APM) solution do you use?

Thomas K.

"If you don't have it yet, get it NOW"

What do you like best?

Don't know, theres too much... but favourites are:

* That we are totally in control of our application server in Realtime

* What the guys of FusionReactor did add to their products in recent years is absolutely awesome. 5 years ago, we thought we have all we need - and what we get now in the newest version is simply mind-blowing

* The guys of FusionReactor are there for you, high competence in support and very effective sales

What do you dislike?

Sitting here and thinking... honestly, I'm missing absolutely nothing and no feature at the moment.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take the time to read the docs and to "play around with this tool - not just jump on the first figures and lists you see. It's really worth to understand and see all the options and possibilities FusionReactor offers.

We are not having internal tec guys, but external DevOps team. With FusionReactor we have the tool in our hands to react before any monitoring would report an outage. We share access to the tool with most developers and get the hints and tips, what to work on first, and what queries or transaction are a threat for the future.

Tony B.

"Very solid product, indispensable during debugging"

What do you like best?

This product has saved so much time and effort. It is solid and seems to have little or no impact on the running of our applications. The interface is clean and easy to use, and there are many monitoring options that cover everything we need. The fairly new log archive viewer has also been very helpful.

What do you dislike?

In our case, we have many instances and servers, and the licensing can seem a bit expensive, especially for developer licenses.

We use FusionReactor primarily for monitoring. When applications have problems we can see exactly what is running or what was running. Being able to go from requests right down to database queries, object calls, and web service calls, we get a good picture of all requests. We also use it to monitor memory usage.

Manikant M.

"FusionReactor: Go beyond Monitoring"

What do you like best?

At it's core FisionReactor is just like any other performance monitoring tool with its' Measuring transaction of Memory and CPU Usage, alerting you for performance issues.But It goes beyond with the help of FusionReactor built in debugger and profiler it looks for where and why problems are occurring. Especially for ColdFusion apps.

Data Visualization, Response time and Alerts are some of the very useful database monitoring features for Database administrators.

What do you dislike?

As a tool FusionReactor have no major flaws it does what it's best at. But all those extra nitty gritty very useful features come at a higher subscription price. It isn't much if you're big organization, but it can restrict your capabilities if you're in a small organisation.

Other than that it's a wonderful tool for performance monitoring.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's not just about monitoring but it's more about solving possible major blocks to your application or services. It simply makes life easy for developers to exactly know the source of a problem. Look no further for your application monitoring tool, this is more than that.

It simply just reduce our time in pinpointing the problems and their source, CPU and memory optimization has also improved. Dashboard for individual server helps us in managing multiple server. It recognizes sessions and how users are navigating through your application.

Eli F.

"FusionReactor is the best thing to ever happen to CFML"

What do you like best?

FusionReactor allows me to monitor and quickly troubleshoot my ColdFusion and Lucee servers. You simply should not run an enterprise-grade ColdFusion application without it. I has saved me so much time getting to root cause faster. More uptime for my customers, more free time for me. On rare occasions I have had to reach out to Intergral for service or support, hands down, best support in the business. It's also reasonably priced, with many flexible licensing options available. Worth every penny.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes things are not where I expect them to be in the GUI.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Production web applications are incomplete without FusionReactor. Go ahead and install a cheaper subscription if you need it, or even a trial. That way it will be installed when you need it.

FusionReactor helps me determine where the problem lies, whether it be web server, traffic, Java, or database. I've solved all sorts of problems with FusionReactor over the last 10 years. It's also the go-to for our 24x7 monitoring team, allowing us to remotely troubleshoot and diagnose issues quickly.

Hannah W.

"Andrew McAuliffe amazing Account Management service"

What do you like best?

Andy McAuliffe answered my original query and persevered with a really positive outcome for the company. He regularly followed up with me to ask how things were going and to check if we had any issues.

What do you dislike?

I am not in the technical team so cannot answer this fully but from what i understand this was easy to set up

Danny G.

"Fusion-Reactor is a must-have for Java and ColdFusion admins"

What do you like best?

The ability to quickly troubleshoot problems with an instance's heap, cpu, web requests and so much more. The dashboard provides so much information in real-time.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything to dislike about this product.

I have been able to quickly diagnose slow performance with an instance, with specific scripts causing bottlenecks.

Preston K.

"A key tool I won't do without"

What do you like best?

FusionReactor allows me to drill down and get unique insight and knowledge into what is happening with my web app and makes troubleshooting a breeze.

What do you dislike?

As with all software, it takes time to learn but it's worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take the time to test it out and walk through some of the instructional videos. You'll be amazed at how revealing it is.

I've been able to find bottlenecks in poorly written sql queries, find troublesome functions, and get insight into resource usage.

claudia c.

"FusionReactor Monitor"

What do you like best?

Notification capability for our servers for multiple and diverse events.

What do you dislike?

So far it is meeting our expectations, and as we grow more complex we will continue to ensure that the it is able to support our complexity.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Know what you want today and your vision tomorrow and understand if this product will allow you to grow

Monitoring, remediating and debugging issues faster and more efficiently and capability to capture problems at root.

"A must have to debug ColdFusion server problems!"

What do you like best?

Comprehensive list of features that help pinpoint the source of problems when you face server problems.

What do you dislike?

Somewhat expensive VS built in coldfusion monitor but worth every penny!

It would often take a lot of trial and error when a problem arose, but with the help of fusion reactor it take a lot of the guesswork out of the way to help fix problems fast.

Olatise R.

"Reliable developer focused Java application performance monitor."

What do you like best?

It has been able to help me analyse,diagnose and keep my servers alive.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, I dislike nothing about it and it has been a great experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend this to any company or organization that want to improve on their data base performance and monitoring.

It has been able to help me monitor Java application server. It has also boost my application performance.

"Great Java performance monitoring tool"

What do you like best?

Automated Root Cause Analysis. Provide deep level insight (source code, scope variables, stack traces) whenever a problem, such as an exception or thread latency occurs. Snapshots are triggered automatically.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the Enterprise Dashboard, for monitoring multiple servers in a single window

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great monitoring tool

The agent enables FusionReactor to instrument any information which is available within the Java container, including CPU, memory, thread information (stack traces) and JDBC calls. Resource Graphs to give a visual representation of a resource over time

E
Executive Sponsor

"A great tool that we can't live without"

What do you like best?

The tools is extremely simple to install and configure. The user interface is easy to understand and navigate, and the product itself has a wide and robust feature set.

What do you dislike?

I have nothing to add as a comment, but I need to hit 40 characters. I dislike nothing.

It has greatly helped our development team by drastically decreasing the amount of time it takes to research and debug errors. It also helps understand our performance characteristics in an easy fashion.

"FusionReactor"

What do you like best?

Has the technology to monitor performance level at a high level working to debug issues working against software.

What do you dislike?

Software shows some grey areas in reference to processing time for performance to complete its initial check.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

N/A

Clearing out software's on computers or company software. Allow analysis to be done efficiently.

CM
Consultant in Management Consulting

"Wintry"

What do you like best?

Easy to install new services for new technologies

What do you dislike?

Some configuration to mix in additional storage

Testing

Learning about FusionReactor?

* We monitor all FusionReactor reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.