Fusion 360 Reviews & Product Details

Fusion 360 Overview

What is Fusion 360?

Fusion 360 is for product designers, mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, and machinists. It unifies design, engineering, PCB design, and manufacturing into a single platform. It allows you to connect your disconnected product development process to deliver high-quality products to market faster and positively impact your bottom line. Fusion 360 is a fully integrated CAD, CAM, PCB, and CAE software that includes generative design, 2.5, 3, 4, & 5 axis machining, and advanced simulation, and is available on PC or Mac.

Fusion 360 Details
German, English, French, Italian, Japanese

Fusion 360 unifies design, engineering, and manufacturing into a single platform.

Fusion 360 defines the convergence of design and manufacturing with a single product development platform. It allows you to connect the disconnected workflows traditional software packages create and is a truly integrated CAD/CAM program.

Autodesk
$3,274
@autodesk
12,874 employees on LinkedIn®
Description

Autodesk software has helped designers, engineers, visual artists, students and makers imagine, design and create a better world. Advances in accessible 3D design and fabrication technology are disrupting the design, engineering and entertainment professions as we know them.

Fusion 360 Videos

Fusion 360 Screenshots

Fusion 360 Reviews

Showing 312 Fusion 360 reviews
Already have Fusion 360?
What do you like best?

There is so much good going on with Fusion it is honestly hard to say. I love that it is completely portable and that I can take with me on several devices, including my phone! Without question, the most valuable tool for me at the moment, is the integrated CAM functionality. I can design and fabricate real parts in a matter of minutes! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Fusion is still a work in progress and they continue to add new features every week. It's hard to keep up with all the advances but they are definitely welcomed! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to create complex models for manufacture in a short amount of time. I can design simple parts and machine them in a matter of minutes. I can also quickly iterate and create visual renderings to share with clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Test Engineer
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

Since the application is cloud based design you can collaborate by making Fusion teams and help share your simulation and modelling ideas with your team members and make it convenient for them and yourself to work on it for achieving a common goal. The day to day modelling procedure for clients who are working in sprints is best driven by this application. As strongly you build an understanding for each an every functionality it provides , the better you will make use of it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike about Fusion 360 when you know it has an endless possibility to carve your idea from nothing to a beautifully presentable simulation. I also like the timeline feature in Fusion 360 which helps a learning designer like me to keep making changes by iterating back to the process that I left few days back. This has left a very little room for any disadvantage that one could possibly think of. If you want to bet on it, you will lose because the perfect design modelling with CAM features has already made users a big fan for this product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I didn’t have much idea about how to start with the free flow modelling of design that I think of and new innovative ideas that I always try to approach realistically, but thanks to helpful tutorials on Auto Desk Fusion , it really helps understand the basic functionality and interface to help build things. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Engineer
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

It's really useful for 3D printing and I use it for the same. Talking about it's usage, it's quite great. In terms of the printing quality, and the 3D visualization software, I believe it has no limitations, and everything works like a charm. The printing rates and the designing costs are quite well scalable, and overall it is an efficient software which one expects. It can also be used in cloud services, making it useful for securing confidential data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there is nothing I dislike in this product. It motivates us all throughout our journey to finish our previous drawings and being a cloud based product, I can easily take help of my friends in case I face any issue and so, it's quite helpful all throughout. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just give it sometime and everything will fall in place as time is spent. It isn't that easy in the first go, but reviewing it's documentation timely and contacting the customer support services help a lot. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I still use it for daily printing of my designs, and it's also used in the partner branches for CAD purposes, and we use it to design our own automotives and spare parts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Fusion 360
Software Engineering Specialist
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

I would say the complete package and high enrich features which Fusion 360 provides are best in market. It provides a lot of feature for managing the product with your Team members and allows to review different dimensions of the product. 3D modelling is one of the feature i worked with and found it to be the perfect one. Apart from modelling, you can also use its simulation feature which will be very helpful to create an end to end product and helps to fix minor bugs. Its easy to handle and operate. You can easily save all the version of a product lifecycle and in case if you want to go back and check a particular version, then Fusion 360 platform allows you to do that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It consumes RAM of your System memory and hence sometime it gets crashed due to background processing. I would also like to see a simple User Manual for those people who doesn't have any prior experience of CAD and CAM tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it you will defiantly find this tool useful and will get fascinated with its feature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were trying to create a Healthcare product which consists of Chips, IC, Qualcomm processor and LED. In order to create this product we wanted to have a Automated CAD tool so that all the product realization can be done and save time, effort, energy for our team. After starting with Fusion 360 we spent a good time to learn the basics and then we were able to create the product in a very short span. It can also be used in your mobile phone but still that feature is in very early stage and i am sure in future release it will be enhanced. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

When you start to learn 3D modelling, most of the solutions on the market have complicated UI and it makesthem difficult to learn. However, Fusion 360's minimalist and simple UI makes it ideal for beginners on 3D designing.

The capability of saving works on Autodesk cloud is the best feature of Fusion 360. Cloud saving enables more than one users to work on same project. Also, it allows you to export your works to your local.

Finally, cloud rendering option is revolutionary. You do not require powerfull hardware thanks to that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Still have problems on 4K screens, it needs to be fixed.

Non-customizable keyboard shortcuts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it, you will easily learn and love Fusion 360. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I started to use Fusion 360 for my hobby purposes at home for 3D printing. Then I realized that it is will also be usefull at school for my project.

Fusion 360 is different from other CAD/CAM softwares as it is more focused on craft-based designs ratherthan in-depth professional mechanics. Also, educational and free hobby licence options are useful for students. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Manager
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

Fusion 360 has an intuitive interface, which allows to connect the entire process of production and development of a product, allowing 3D CAD CAM and CAE modeling. Fusion 360 has an image lighting engine and two material libraries that help us to draw a very competent preview to develop presentations. It allows to create a "chat" session in which the contributions are communicated in real time to all the participants. It allows managing the preparation of the object for its elaboration in 3D printers. Files and projects are always safe and cannot be lost because they are hosted in a Dropbox or Google Drive type space. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This platform is very useful and meets all our expectations. Its only disadvantage is that it is a bit complex to handle its functions when the user is a beginner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Fusion 360 is a versatile, robust platform with an excellent interface, it is a very innovative tool that every company needs to have, for the design of parts and prototypes. That allows to animate the assembly and functionality for a better understanding of the product. I recommend its implementation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Fusion 360 can be run on all types of device, a tablet or even a mobile phone. It is highly collaborative, you can have access to the product from its earliest stage and actively participate in its design and conception, allowing us to carry out a version control that facilitates the way of working on the project. This platform combines design, simulation, machining and collaboration in a single cloud-based platform, making it a powerful tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Project Business Analyst
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

I can make my designs as I wish, calmly at my desk, looking at every detail and learning little by little how you work its characteristics properly. It seems like a good software to me and I feel comfortable in this process, since I don't have much experience in it, but from what I have been able to tell it is very good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In this adaptation process I have not noticed any problems, being new we do not have enough experience and time to verify if it has faults, for our part everything is correct and running excellent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I came to Fusion 360 as a newbie, looking to learn how to make my 3D designs. Working with my colleagues and solving some of the CAD problems we had, it is a tool for beginners, without much experience of this in the market so it can be used by anyone, it will solve your design problems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our work team has been using Fusion 360 for a very short time, we solve the problems to design. It has many positive aspects that we can count on and benefit from its functions. In addition to providing learning facilities along with technical support that does a good job serving its users with timely responses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Sales Manager
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

I have learned a lot since I have been using it, thanks to its technical support that has provided me with answers when I have needed them.

It has no limits in the designs it allows. It is functional and fully capable.

Great possibilities that contribute a lot to the company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I use it whenever I can, every day to be precise, it is impossible to stop using it in my work. This solution has no problems at all, just nice features that add a lot to the organization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have been working with Fusion for about 2 years, where I have learned a lot with incredible functions that add a lot to our work that we are doing. My colleagues have to know what platform I work with so that they can enjoy their services like me, I will recommend it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Drawing in 3D was never so easy with other platforms, they required a lot of previous knowledge, but with Fusion 360 the opposite has happened, it is very simple in its functions and its implementation was pleasant and fast. It is a software that offers security and gives confidence when wanting to make the designs we need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Business Analyst
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

Having so many capabilities is an advantage for us, finding software that met all the needs we had to work with was a great challenge, but now that we have Fusion with us we are happy its functions are simple and complete to carry out the work more comfortably . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not consider that this tool has disadvantages, from the beginning everything has turned out as expected and we are confident that it will continue to do so, Fusion has what it takes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

In this journey with this software I have learned a lot with it and I want other people to also do it with a simple platform and with which they can work extensively without problems, I recommend Fusion 360, you will not regret trying it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Before this software we used AutoCAD, it was going very well, but then we needed something more advanced, so they recommended us this innovative tool in terms of 3D, now we could print the designs to that extent, everything has gone smoothly in a great way . It is the perfect solution with CAD, CAM and CAE tools; It also has a cloud service that maintains unified direct contact with different engineering colleagues and different designers interested in the project. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

I use this product for generating new electrical subpart designs which are mostly PCB based. I work in a sub branch of Metro in association with Nvidia components. it's been quite a while now and Fusion 360 works like a charm for my work. The best thing is the free of cost utility which can be exploited quite well. Other uses include the scalabililty of work models that can be created, the nice collaboration over cloud, which makes it quite responsive. It's also used for 3D printing, I tried my hand out there and It's quite helpful for a beginner to try new things out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some improvement which I mentioned in the title is the documentation which can be slightly improved. Many a new functions after the current update aren't listed out there. The github page also isn't that easy for a newbie, the readme needs update and such things are pending. For users having experience in CAD, they won't face any problem unless it's deployed on good desktops which can bear the pain of extra processing/graphic cards integrated with their PCs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I think it's quite a reliable software, atleast my segment of the company works upon this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

So, frankly this is kind of a product, one chooses to work upon almost whole life in career.I myself use it for turning designs in 3D and then transferring it to hardware team for approval. It becomes quite useful too when we have no idea what will the final output look like. For me, it stands tough in every situation and I am in love with this product. My colleagues also use it too frequently and my whole company works here. We have partnered a startup which works in collaboration with our dealer. And so, since its free of cost, its used quite a lot now, and timely feedbacks are taken, which luckily turn out to be in favor for us. We are satisfied and would love to help in product development. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would say, clearly nothing can be found to be wrong in such a software. It's features are timely updated and I hope they continue this chain and keep growing for their betterment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It can be used in any field which I feel, but yeah, it's used almost everywhere in our company now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

It's an all round platform for a variety of tasks. One can go and 3D print here, sketch in 2D, view in 3D, make a pcb design, discuss and simulate and what not. It's a compilation software and the best CAD in today's date what I feel. Other CAF softwares work offline, and there's no collaboration in splitting of work, which is otherwise too essential considering today's lifestyle of people where everything is dependent on group analysis, I personally am a sketcher, and this tool seems too kind to my work, and is pretty helpful too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No personal dislikes, but from a general point of view I feel the 10 minute delay of loading and it frequently crashes in between makes it sort of unprofessional in some sense. Being an AutoDesk product, people can't afford such delays daily in their professional life. Moreover, they clearly need to work upon their documentation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It needs some time in initial days Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am a normal artist/sketcher in my company to design new shapes of cars,visualizing in 3D views and then checking their durability from mechanical subsystem Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

I personally use this application in a group of presenters and that too for presenting a new design to our HR. It's too similar to other CAD softwares available out there in market, but the collaborative feature makes it useful personally for us, where each design has to be moderated by each of our colleague. Coming to the benefits of this software, it's free of cost which is kinda rare in softwares with industrial applications, which makes it quite hot in the market. I have good user experience with AutoDesk in the past, And I love to say that it performs better than our expectations, once we get familiar with it's working. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve required in the initial months makes it a dislikable product mostly among youngsters, but still it performs good as it maintains a timeline of the new features learnt, and tries it's level best to make the user comfortable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it some time guys, it will fulfill all the expectations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I work on our designs in a group interaction, and work is easily split through this application. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

I don't know about how it performs in other categories, but my work in the company is centred around PCB design for some small electrical circuits, and it's quite useful for me at times, when I am not able to rejumble the wires. It's PCB design application helps us visualize each and every minor details of each electrical connection, which helps us figure out the problems in seconds. Other than that, as a feedback which I got from colleagues who work in other departments in my company, and they just it's just another CAD software like AutoCAD, Soft Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Other than PCB Design, the thing as a feedback which I got from colleagues who work in other departments in my company, and they just it's just another CAD software like AutoCAD, SolidWorks and so, using it over cloud won't be of any use. Also, what our company hunts for is the simplified design manual, which is totally missing here. I hope soon we are updated with tutorials for each section. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I personally don't use this quite often, being a specialised PCB designer, I have been working in this industry for ages now and so, I rarely commit any error. But the workers under me find it quite useful for daily usage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

Its good man! I will sure shot recommend to use this product atleast for people like me who are pursuing 3D printing as their career opportunity. I have recently started this as my job and needless to say, I am really satisfied with the quality of the application. I personally use this to design in automotive sector on which my company works. It has a nice set of 3D options for precisely drawing 3D models and there are no licensing issues as well. It supports our printing through a vast category of it's tools and is so quite well throughout. And the best part which everyone knows, it's totally free of cost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Though it seems quite useful for use after say a quarter of experience, still it isn't that friendly to newbies which I feel i.e. users without any CAD experience will face so many difficulties in just adapting to this software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am using it for daily purpose 3D printing as told earlier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

I have been using this tool for quite a time now and I'd say I am fairly satisfied with my experience. It works amazing just as any other CAD software, but with extra features and is totally free of cost. The 3D Visualization tools are quite helpful. Majority of my work is related to visualizing various spare parts of my company and this tool seems to be too helpful with that regard. Moreover, I can also use it for personal use for picturizing my personalized drawings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is quite a nice cloud software, but it works quite slow for me. i.e. it isn't that suitable for budget desktops, considering the heavy load of the framework, it carries. Moreover, it isn't that user friendly that one learns all the features in a go and the documentation didn't help me to that extent to be honest. Rest everything seems fine to me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have been using it for a while and it's quite helpful for professional use of softwares/3D paintings which our designers do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Automation Specialist
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

Efficient software to aid in 3D printing designs. Carrying out the work from any computer is a great advantage of this platform, its implementation is simple. Making the necessary changes and being able to visualize them are attractive features of CAD, in addition we find everything under one roof. Facilitates project management. It has the essential tools for making parts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Cloud-based platform, it is something that I really like, there are convenient updates, the cumbersome detail is the lack of documentation that guides properly in real time. The technical support has not been the best in the timely and efficient solution of any problem. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is good to detail another platform of this type, implement according to your need. The results obtained in the industrial work have been of quality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Cost and time savings in part design. Structural analysis being very convenient, making it easier to test the piece before producing it. It provides many advantages in the design of sophisticated models being of quality the product obtained. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

I had earlier used other CAD softwares like AutoCAD but that's useful for 2D drawing and architecture purpose. I had also spent quite a time on SolidWorks, for better 3D Visualization but those are all old softwares, which aren't that easy to use especially for newbies. But this software does all the job. It's fairly intuitive to work upon, and the documentation and it's tutorials are too helpful for anyone. I myself got comfortable with the software within a week and it's really helpful too. It's free to use at both personal and professional levels and great for 3D printing too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Though it seems to be more of an advanced version of any other software, it frequently runs into some problems like some of the functions aren't that accessible as compared to SolidWorks. It faces problems in importing files from Solidworks. It also depends upon our network speed that how fast the software works. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Though I have been using this product on almost a daily basis now, I have realized it's benefits from quite a lot time. It's too easy for someone to visualize 3D things, and helps us draw our thoughts and than ponder upon the design quite well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Advanced Business Analyst
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

It has interesting features that can hardly be found on another platform of this type. Really useful software, and you can also have everything under one roof, CAM, CAD, FEA, just like I like the rendering of drawings found in Fusion 360. It makes work easier by managing projects and storage in the cloud. It has everything you need to design parts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Fusion is a practical platform, which can be improved, facilitating its use and the tendency to find defects is very low or does not have them. I find that sometimes bugs are found in the software a little more often than I would like. It would be very advantageous to have more choices for working with meshes (such as Boolean operations on mesh organisms). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ideal for companies integrating with the present software, this is an excellent platform for all industries that require making plans, 2D and 3D drawings. Software capable of making standards more elegant. Superb 360 Fusion for CAM-Using Industries. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Implement software that would allow you to design parts easily, with various tools that make the job even easier. In addition to having a product that allows you to transition between software modules without any inconvenience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Robotics Engineer
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

Generative design features, 2D layouts, and varied options to handle. It is a very easy to use system with the necessary resources that are always at hand.

Simple and complex designs that are made in a very short time, this platform gives the appropriate facilities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At this time we have not found any faults, all the functions that it has offered us show positive and favorable things for the organization, it is good software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

In this software we can find features that not all platforms have, it is the most complete on the market providing facilities with which we can adapt very quickly. It is definitely a software with a lot to give, I recommend it to my colleagues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A CAD conversion tool that makes our processes easier in the company, the route templates that Fusion 360 has are great once they have been configured we can program the parts that are necessary.

Design problems are now solved with this great tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Automation Manager