Fulfillment EDI

Fulfillment EDI

With SPS Commerce Fulfillment, you’ll have an entire team of trusted advisors ready to help you gain more from your EDI and achieve 100% compliance.

Work for Fulfillment EDI?

Learning about Fulfillment EDI?

Fulfillment EDI Reviews

Ask Fulfillment EDI a Question

"Work Flow is Great"

What do you like best?

The work flow display is the best part of SPS Commerce. You can easily spot where each PO is in the fulfillment process and access all forms throughout the process.

What do you dislike?

I'm not fond of the transaction screen. It showcases every single transaction that has been submitted via SPS Commerce, beginning with the most recent. It makes it difficult to scroll for the PO I'm searching for, since I have to get through a number of other transactions that may have nothing to do with the retailer/ PO. However, there is a search function which makes it a bit easier to filter out what's needed. Also, we have a CMS/ order entry system that doesn't automatically merge drop ship orders to consumers, so this makes working with SPS Commerce a lengthy process for us.

Easy to track the fulfillment process as it takes place. Time stamps and forms are very detailed, so every electronic exchange has plenty of data and up-to-date accuracy.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Fulfillment EDI
Showing 145 Fulfillment EDI reviews
Britty C.

"Learning curve to Fulfillment"

What do you like best?

I enjoy what auto sourcing can do when you can really figure it out. Once you get the hang of it, it is quite useful.

I like how quickly the team helps through the chatbox.

I also enjoy the boxes on the top saying what things are going on. I do enjoy that the search function is user-friendly and you can specify what you are looking for in advanced search.

What do you dislike?

Auto sourcing was also difficult. I'm not yet complete with everything I want to do.

I also have a hard time explaining issues I may be experiencing.

Not being able to have multiple users. We are all "Frank" here.

I don't like the scroll bars in any of the fulfillment screens. It loses your place and reloads to the top of the screen. - I spend a lot of time trying to figure out where I was and getting to the next pop-out window screen.

In all honesty, it has also tripled my workload. Until I figure out more auto sourcing, it will remain a struggle.

I also have a hard time with customers that are on automation.. these still show up in fulfillment and really mess up my metrics.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have patience

It's a lot easier to track things based on the chart on the right-- where you are in the process, and what is left.

I am also able to easily ask questions of the support team.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Fulfillment EDI
Kennia M.

"Please Fix the INVOICE TAB / QUICK ENTRY GLITCHES "

What do you like best?

Obtaining excel report is good especially when you group all of the po together

accepting the po is so easy wish everything was this easy

the chat feature is awesome

the response from customer service timing is good

What do you dislike?

1. the BILLING Invoicing tab needs allot of work too many glitches & text errors when using the SHORT FORM ENTRY quick entry button

2. INVOICING - I tried in sets of 5 still returned with errors for target corporation

3. the errors i get when using the SHORT FORM ENTRY short version rather than the long version

4. does not match - connect with our company

5. should be more streamline, the repetitiveness in the system is insane - should be less repetitive, Information is already stored in PO. all our company information is already stored in the PO

6. I am unable to use the SHORT FORM in the Small Package Carrier Shipment feature

7. GET RID OF THE LONG VERSION

suggestion

CREATE A BOX THAT SAYS "ORDERS DUE TODAY" AND "ACTIVE ORDERS" LIKE WALMART PORTAL IS WAY BETTER AND SIMPLER THAN SPS COMMERCE

waiting on a person to contact me further

What Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) solution do you use?

Madison B.

"Great Online Functionality"

What do you like best?

SPS works with a variety of trading partners which makes set up pretty simple and streamlined. They have team members to walk you through the steps as much as they can through the process and the support team is very quick about getting back to you.

What do you dislike?

when filling out the fields on any of the documents there is a green ? that is supposed to give you tips on what to enter in the field. I've found that sometimes, the tips only include the parameters of the field as EDI data not necessarily what information you need to fill it out. Although, I have seen improvement here so keep it up!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If using a third party system that will be integrated with SPS, be sure to have someone fully dedicated to the testing process, if it isn't the full focus of an employee or team it takes much longer.

Ease of connecting to customers, being able to process orders electronically is very helpful. The only downside is the process of integration. The time it takes and the effort all parties must put in for the cost, is something to consider. Our company doesn't have an in-house IT dept to help us with testing EDI integration, so it causes a lot of delay with getting our system connected so we can only use one system for all customers.

Richard L.

"SPS Commerce is extremely easy, efficient and the team support is great!"

What do you like best?

I love that I can create advanced rules to help tailor each trading partner's documents to better suit their and my EDI needs. That makes all the difference! Love the preferences. Also the ability to create multiple documents is such a time saver since I do over 1,000 documents a month. I also love the dashboard. I can use it as a checks and balances to find documents that haven't been done. This is by far the best portal I've ever been on.

What do you dislike?

It can be very mouse heavy. It would be nice to be able to tab through the fields and buttons. For example- when you check for errors, it would be great to "tab" to the send button- instead you have to use your mouse. Or selecting the form type. Also having to constantly click the "add a line item" button seems a little redundant. It would be nice if the items were already added...and only have to use the button in the even of an order change. Cutting down on mouse usage would be great for my hand...

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it!!

We have customers that don't send pricing, which can be very time consuming during invoicing- now with the help of Erin Hanson and others that problem is now solved! Also this portal is so much more capable and efficient in terms of sending many documents- ie quick form, mass entry. We don't need to hire another person just for EDI now!

Nacomi G.

"Awesome"

What do you like best?

I like how the training goes through step by step on how to use the system, it makes it extremely easy to use. The system is very well made and creates an easy work atmosphere for me and my employees. I genuinely think SPS commerce is one of the better run systems I have yet to work with. It is very straight to the point and easy to maneuver. I never have issues with it crashing or freezing up. Great system.

What do you dislike?

The confusion I had was with the ASN's and how they were to be processed, but that was my lack of knowledge not a system error. I did not understand that the GS1 was not a shipping label for my warehouse to ship, rather a label for whomever is receiving it to be able to scan what is and should be inside of the box. I also did not understand that each shipment was to have the packing slip as well as the GS1, all of these I have fixed and completed now moving forward. Not a huge fan of inputting items in that excel format, though.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

One of the best EDI systems that I have worked with.

It makes it easy to complete all documents my customer needs in a timely and easy fashion. It is beneficial for me to see step by step each document I need to complete per purchase order and let's me know when I am done or if I have any errors in a document.

Beitha G.

"If there's ever an issue, I don't have to jump through hoops to get assistance from Support!"

What do you like best?

I enjoy having ease of access and the ability to understand how to navigate the website. I also enjoy the customer service experiences that I have had within the past month. I was able to create a new account without a hassle.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything to dislike about SPS. The customer service aspect is wonderful! Everyone is extremely patient with me when I have questions.

I would like to have the ability to change contact information without having to create a new account. I'vre recently done this, and now, I can't search for orders that came through SPS before I had created my account. It is an inconvenience when I try to find an old order that was submitted through SPS. I now have to look through my files in order to access the original EDI document. If there is a new account created within the same company, I believe the information should be transferred as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ask around for reviews of any company that you're seeking to partner with. SPS is an awesome partner!

We are working on creating pricing tables to help with a new partnership for integration. SPS has "hung in there" with us through the transitions. SPS is also accessible from anywhere and is not just specifically accessed through an intranet environment. This will help when at an offsite meeting and documentation is needed from previous orders sent through SPS.

Bradley F.

"easy edi"

What do you like best?

The website interface is modern, very intuitive and easy to use compared to other EDI programs I've used in the past. The website appearance feels fresh, fun and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally the account executives sometimes feel overworked and it requires some planning to coordinate a phone call. However, they care deeply that the program works correctly and they are very patient when it comes to teaching the program to users.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have used another company in the past, I have done a lot of research and demo's of EDI programs, and SPS is the most modern, easy to use and intuitive. The support is great and I had no real issues receiving POs, sending my ASN or invoicing my client.

I am selling to a large retailer for the first time that requires all transactions be done electronically. SPS is preferred by them, and for that reason I chose SPS. The transition to EDI was seamless - every hurdle was easily navigated through the easy interface and the dedication of my account executive.

Noah W.

"SPS Commerce - THE EDI Solution"

What do you like best?

1. Prompt technical support via the web chat OR telephone.

2. Dedicated resource is made available when on-boarding a new trading partner.

3. The technical support team is very clear and concise with their answers and follow up.

4. The shipping label printing option is seamless with the ASN process.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I officially dislike. The SPS web portal is certainly different than our previous VAN and that took a bit of getting used too. But once we used it several times we got past the new interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

SPS Commerce offers the best balance between web and integrated fulfillment at a fair price that includes technical support that is actually useful.

We can bring our trading partners live very quickly utilizing the web EDI portal. Then we can take the time to complete the mapping of the trading partner documents in our ERP and then migrate the trading partner from the web portal to the integrated solution.

Jessika C.

"Great customer service, user friendly website"

What do you like best?

The entire workflow is laid out for easy viewing, and all information can be easily obtained. The system walks you through the process from start to finish and even has the option to check your work. There have been a couple of time where I was unsure how to proceed with a process and their easy online chat option makes it simple to get in touch with a human. The check for errors option is great as well, because there is the occasional time where we miss something! Two thumbs up!

What do you dislike?

I frequently receive emails with information that is not relevant to the workflow. Example below:

Details:

Bluestem Brands, Inc.:

* Product Activity: 05/12/2018

Bluestem Brands, Inc. Total: 1

Grand Total: 1

Recommendations to others considering the product:

NA

SPS Commerce Fulfillments allows me to easily track and manage all open accounts. I came into this position when this system was already in use at our company, and with little to no training found this very easy to jump right into!

Kris Y.

"Avoid: Quickbooks not a full "integration" , slow customer service, multiple portals for customers"

What do you like best?

Not much after two months of working with the implementation team.

What do you dislike?

1. They claim a quickbooks online integration. While there are parts that have been integrated, there are several business cases that were not coded into the connector. For example, SPS CAN NOT integrate Invoice which have 'bundled' Product/Services inside of Quickbooks (based on Items/Invoice API tables). Really? Yes, I'm not joking. I coded a custom Python script in 4 days to push invoices with 'bundled' ("Group Line Details" in QBs API) products into QBs, why can't their developers?

2. Customer service, "implementation specialists" for integrations are slow and unresponsive. As a customer that is spending $$$ a month for a product, and the implementation person only helps out one day a week, that's poor service IMO. I even called on 6/21, spoke to Ryan, a Quickbooks specialist regarding some issues....his recommendation for a particular issue was to manually put in the orders. Wait what? The product is supposed to do that for us, and your recommendation is to go back to how we were previously doing it? Lil Dicky says it best......"Ohhh, don't double charge me for it!"

However, I was able to get one of my custom requests implemented but the other 4 were just ignored.

3. You would assume that your customer would have one portal to submit POs/orders, then a logic layer built in to push PO's to the appropriate fulfillment center. Nope, thats NOT how it works with SPS. They build a portal for every fulfillment center you have. Confusing and frustrating all around. What you expect and what you get is never the norm with SPS

4. No python API? Its 2018, everyone and their mom knows some python.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a quickbooks integration, avoid this product until they build in all the different use cases into the product.

Was trying to automate the B2B PO intake and push to fulfillment center + Quickbooks. Didn't live up to expectations.

No real benefits realized. My custom python script provide more flexibility and automation that SPS.

Jenny C.

"Great Support Response"

What do you like best?

I am new to the EDI system and having been put in a position where I wasn't given much info about EDI support and training helped make everything very clear. I have only had 2 issues with invoices and the support team was very helpful and responsive within minutes of sending a message. The 2 team members that helped me was Colton and Van - They both were able to find solutions to my problems within minutes thanks guys!

What do you dislike?

The system is easy to use- I have no complaints :)

The benefits for using SPS commerce fulfillment is having all my documents in one place - especially when a partner places an order through SPS commerce - So nice to be able to click on one source document and have everything there!

NANETTE S.

"Migration was terrible"

What do you like best?

The rep I dealt with yesterday was helpful.

What do you dislike?

The transition was probably the worst transition I have been thru, and I have been thru quite a lot. I am still having issues with certain customers. SPS attitude seems to be "well we don't do it so figure it out yourself" and that's very hard to deal with when you are coming from dealing with an EDI company that helped with everything and all customers were set up correctly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you know everything about the companies you are dealing with ahead of time as SPS will tell you none of it is on them and you have to figure everything out.

I even tried to be proactive with a Macys order and how they require to consolidate shipping for multiple PO's going to the same DC and they told me no special things were needed. Low and behold exactly what I said would happen happened and I received a reject notice from Macys and after going back and forth with SPS finally figured it out over a week later. That is unacceptable and this may incur chargebacks most likely.

"SPS Review for DuraComm"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that once you print your PO it stays in the system unlike the portal we were using. You can always go back and look at everything you have done and reprint. This is very helpful to us.

What do you dislike?

The system has too may things you have to duplicate in each stage like Acknowlede, ASN and Invoice , like changing price you have to do it in the Acknowlege and the ASN again. This system takes way more time than we used to on each PO. If you have a question you can use the chat function however it says 20 min or less which is untrue, it takes upwards of hours.

I have seen very few benefits to this program. We get more PO's which is not a bad thing other than we ship once a week so they could consolidate the PO's since we have to pay to do Ack, ASN and Invoices,. So far I have seen no benefits to changing over to this system.

Gladys C.

"GOOD CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE"

What do you like best?

the chat customer service is the best feature because they answer very quickly. From what I know, Chad is the best representative, but most of them answer accurately.

What do you dislike?

I don't really like the fact that sometimes we don't know which problem SPS can answer and which one is because of the our partner form changes. maybe we should be notified on SPS that a new/updated form has been added ?

Also the fact that we cannot retrieve a document sent. that should be an option in my opinion.

the order is there and we just have to send the invoice. We can add easily our reference

User in Information Services

"Understanding and Using SPS Daily"

What do you like best?

Being able to have a central location on all the customers needs is very helpful, all the information that the customer needs as well as what we need can be found. We can review the information from the time it was sent to us, to the time is was invoiced and shipped. The customer has instant notifications when we update their information.

What do you dislike?

In the beginning, the system is very confusing. We struggled to understand what everything meant and how the system itself worked. But overtime we grew to understand the system more and have been able to use the system with ease. Training new people to use the system can be challenging, but we wrote our own process on how this system functions.

We have benefit from the system because we are able to keep eyes on all our customers needs, we can see what orders are being sent, when items are still needing to ship then we can go back and review all invoices and shipment information.

"Great service"

What do you like best?

The website is very user-friendly for all experience levels. The customer service is great also, for example, the quick entry button was down and when I had a conversation with Bailie one of the operators, she notified me that it was getting fixed and did a follow up the next day after it was fixed to let me know that the quick entry button issue was fixed.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that there are only very few operators available online. In my opinion, it is easier to work with an operator online since its at the bottom right-hand side of the screen, instead of phoning in. When phoning in it seems like there are more operators there.

Before our company had numerous problems receiving correct EDI information. We tried using multiple companies and the information was never received correct or never sent the correct way. Since our time with SPS we have been able to have one on one conversations with operators who are knowledgeable about EDI and the Information has been sent and received correctly.

"Work Flow is Great"

David H.

"Smooth Implementation and Great Support Team"

What do you like best?

By far, the support team is the best that I've worked with. All inquiries are resolved quickly, and often without much needed on my end other than information. When setting up a new account, every account manager that I've worked with has been friendly, efficient, and knowledgable. I typically just provide them with some basic information, and then they handle the rest.

What do you dislike?

There isn't a lot to dislike, really. The UI on the landing page could use some work, but it's otherwise sufficient for all intents and purposes. Setting up docuements is a bit of a pain, but well worth the trouble once you've done it. The truth of it is that we haven't completely set everything up, but are working on it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

SPS Commerce has assisted us with EDI implementation with Wal Mart, Sam's Club, Best Buy, B&H Photo, BJ's Wholesale, and Fry's Electronics. Setup was extremely easy, and the price we pay is well worth it.

We're saving a lot of money by streamlining our EDI process. Prior to SPS, we were doing things manually, which led to lost time and lost documents. Now, everything is organized and easy to fill out/find. We're no longer fumbling around for documentation. Everything is on time and in one place for us to see.

Scott C.

"BEST EDI TOOL I HAVE USED YET"

What do you like best?

Being able to perform shipping functions directly from my desk top through shipping integration. It has made shipping to my biggest drop shipment customer quick, convenient, and easy.

What do you dislike?

The only part about Fulfillment that I am not always happy with is something that Fulfillment does not control, that is when the internet goes down and I can't access Fulfillment. Otherwise, I am completely happy with the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have used previous SPS products as well as products from other providers, and Fulfillment is my favorite product in over 6 years of expereince.

With Fulfillment I can easily communicate order changes with my customers, and I always have access to a "paper trail" through Fulfillment when I need to do so.

Nicholas C.

"SPS Commerce has helped us comply with customers"

What do you like best?

Being compliant with our customers has been the most beneficial. We have also done some automation work with SPS Commerce which has helped a lot.

What do you dislike?

Without automation, using SPS Commerce for customer compliance is an extra step or two in order processing. We often don't use it because we can accomplish the same work in existing workflows.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would ensure that you are replacing workflows or using SPS Commerce to help automate your workflows. Without doing so, you risk adding extra work to your customer service team.

Customer compliance is the primary problem we are solving. Automation within SPS Commerce is streamlining parts of the order entry process for participating customers.

"SPS Commerce Review"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of SPS Commerce. SPS Commerce will check for errors and show you the mistakes to fix which cuts down on deductions. Overall, it's easy to use and a great EDI tool.

What do you dislike?

The price - we are required to use EDI services by our trading partners in order to do business, but we are a small company so it is not cost effective for us. Also, you can streamline your documents for quick processing, but only if the trading partner has set it that way. For example, when invoicing, if your trading partner has not set certain fields to be changed, then that field cannot be set for "quick" invoicing which requires completing by full entry. I would like to be able to change those fields to set up auto-fill to make the process quicker on my end.

Allows you to be paid quicker and It can reduce the amount of deductions if set up properly.

Jennifer R.

"SPS is a Must have for EDI Customers"

What do you like best?

Its fairly straight forward to use, compared to others that we looked into. They updated it and removed java a year or so ago and its soooooo much faster! If you havent tried it recently, I would def recommend giving it another shot. We also really like how easy it is to accept changes and go to the most recent order (instead of sifting through trying to find the most recent version of the PO)

What do you dislike?

I dont like that you cant submit the ASN and invoice all at the same time. Its an extra step that isnt required with some of our other drop ship vendors (but i know that sometimes this is caused by the requirements of our own customers and not by SPS

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Always making things faster is crucial! If you can save us time, we are more likely to use SPS for more vendors.

Submitting information tot he customer is MUCH faster than if we had to email them the tracking for each order. There is also less of a chance of human error (Not seeing an order come in, misspell something when reentering, etc)

"A great alternative to using multiple purchase order sites"

What do you like best?

I like that it is all in one place, and once you learn how the processes work, it becomes more intuitive if you add a new partner, so you do not have to go learn yet another process.

What do you dislike?

We were never able to get FedEx and UPS integrated for some reason and it took a long time before we were able to get through to someone who would help us close it. And ultimately we paid for months of the FedEx integration that we were not able to use, and were not compensated for it. Another issue is, one of our partners is Walmart.com and it is much easier to process the orders through their site than it is on SPS. It saves us a LOT of time to use there 3-5 step process than the confusing 12-15 step process on SPS, plus having to go to FedEx.com to process and print the label.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ask a lot of questions and make sure the process will work for you before you commit.

We want to consolidate all of our selling partners into one place and have a smooth process so our employees don't have to jump to multiple sites and learn multiple processes in order to complete an order. Ultimately saving time and money. Processing the Amazon.com (US) purchase orders works quite well, however it was not possible for me to process Amazon.com (UK) orders.

Becky I.

"Very User Friendly"

What do you like best?

I like that you are able to create your own templates that work best for your needs per customer. I like the ease of use when it comes to access as well as creation of both advanced ship notices as well as invoices.

What do you dislike?

I wish after an asn or invoice has been sent, if you find that there has been an error created that there would be an option to retrieve the document for editing or to send notification of the error along with the corrected version.

The benefit that we have found is that we are receiving our payments in a more timely manner.

Anthony S.

"Simple to use. Great Support."

What do you like best?

Our team has worked with SPS for years and it has allowed us to grow our business in way that was previously impossible. Would highly recommend SPS Commerce.

What do you dislike?

The support function can take a while, but they always make sure you're taken care of.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you have 1 dedicated representative to learn the system. From there the information can be shared, but one person should kick it off.

We did not have EDI capabilities prior to working with SPS, so we now are able to work with a category of customers that previously had been untouchable.

Learn more about Fulfillment EDI

Fulfillment EDI Videos

Learning about Fulfillment EDI?

* We monitor all Fulfillment EDI reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.