Front Reviews & Product Details

What do you like best?

Facility for contacting other team members so that I can easily refer to incoming requests and messages and respond to them. The choices for file organization are the best for me. I like to see all my files on the left and in colour, and I can either share or make those file titles private. Each email I can tag, color coordinate, sub-tag and also create email rules that go to a pre-made file directly. I really like the opportunity to change the date and time of an email by clicking the time stamp and by adjusting the format to the number of days ago. If you have an email swarm that you are looking to search, it makes life easier to Turn between the two. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It will stop postponing the whole conversation when I sometimes snooze an email and get a new email from that subject. Even if I don't get interested, I'll see any new email that usually functions like anything else, so it's more a general email issue than a concern on the front. It makes sense, though, because you put the conversation off and you may be upset if a big article is posted on the subject that you missed the news so I get it. I found a pause in notification when someone tags or shares with me and when I actually see it. This isn't consistent, so I don't know enough to report the resulting conduct. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Since we implemented this platform we have not had any major problem and it has really improved communication with co-workers, so I can recommend its implementation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As a team, we have to keep track of records for archives and keep the correspondence high. I think Front is an advantage of providing an intelligent network that monitors everything and lets us monitor how we manage problems. Rapid customer resolution is definitely easier with Front, and especially with our team, where individuals can concentrate on various aspects in addressing customer concerns / requests. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Front Overview

What is Front?

Front powers the heart of business — the meaningful connections between teams and customers that lead to lasting relationships. Bringing email and apps together in a collaborative customer communication platform, Front drives business impact by scaling the natural conversations that create customers for life. More than 6,000 businesses are using Front today to cultivate personalized customer relationships at scale and transform their work into impact. Learn more at frontapp.com.

Front Details
Discussions
Front Community

Front takes out the pain of shared inboxes (contact@, team@, jobs@...) by introducing collaboration in email.

Front redefines how teammates communicate with each other and with their customers. By unifying your email, support channels, social media, and apps like Salesforce into one platform, Front helps businesses collaborate more efficiently and effectively. Finally, you can now have the context and visibility you need into the right conversations, so that you, your teammates, and your customers are always in the loop. Today, more than 6,000 businesses rely on Front to power their work communications. Try Front for free at frontapp.com.

Front App
San Francisco, CA
@FrontApp

Front Videos

Front Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Front community
Have you used Front before?

Front Reviews

Showing 666 Front reviews
Already have Front?
Content Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

I like that I can have a conversation with my team about an email - whether that means strategizing a response, sharing a draft, or looping in the best person to leave an answer. I don't need to forward an email to someone for them to see the full email thread. I just tag them, and they can see all the context, help draft a response, or jump in to reply themselves. Plus it saves the back and forth of tagging someone on Slack to answer something in an email, only to see that they answered the wrong email or weren't cc-ed in on the thread. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It can turn into yet another place to check notifications and chats. Sometimes I lose track if something was mentioned in team chat or on Front. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Front is amazing for sharing emails across your team, collaborating on sending important emails to people external to your company, and letting other people stay in the loop on conversations without endless forwarding or cc-ing. I love the app on my Mac, and I use it for email and calendar. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Solving the endless email forwarding and awkward responses. Emails are much more professional by sharing drafts, plus it keeps everyone informed about the conversation flow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Operations Specialist
What do you like best?

Front allows you to see multiple inboxes especially if you are working on multiple teams that require you to tend to multiple inboxes. It's a great feature. I also enjoy the lack of crashes or anything like that. I have never been typing an email and Front just randomly crashed and that is a major win. I really enjoy the simplicity once you understand what you're doing. Front is very teachable and user friendly. I can see how multiple organizations and companies would thoroughly enjoy implementing Front into there technology systems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's not the most user friendly. If you don't understand what to do then it is a little complex of a beast to tackle. But once you understand what to do and how to use Front it's really effective. I also don't enjoy the continual attaching to emails if you've only viewed it. For example if an email is accidentally sent to your teams inbox and you view it, you're attached to that email forever and that can get pretty annoying. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Front solves the issue that persists when it comes to dealing with multiple inboxes. You do not need certain access to view inboxes or anything like that which makes it super simple and affective. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Front
Mario L.
ML
COO
What do you like best?

chat through the emails and assigned emails, this makes the process efficient and there's no space to doubt about assigments, I always can find the responsable for each task.

another thing that we like is the capability to share a draft and select in the same window different persons to send the email, that is perfect for us because sometimes me, Leo or another founder don't have much time to respond and another person can help us to do the job and accomplish our promise of fastiness Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

browser is precarius, sometimes I tried to find emails from the past and the browser is not capable to find them, so I need to go to gmail to get them.

When I try to attach a file by drop it and it displays in the type section. It is pretty annoying Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to improve your team productivity, FRONT IS A MUST IN YOUR EVERYDAY WORK Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

assigned tasks, actions and duties for certain client's requirements. And also the speed of response and delegate to our employees by not sending more emails, the whole process is simple, fast and well tracked.

Another thing is that the system load the emails from google is a little bit slow, if you can improve it, that would be amazing too.

The last thing and most important is when you try to attach an IMAGE, you always had to push the button and then find the image. When I try to drop an image to my draft ALWAYS stays in the Type Section. That is a good option that gmail offers, a simple text in the image that allows me to attach it to the mail as a file and not as a display image. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

System specialist / customer support
What do you like best?

-There are many ways to strenghten internal communication and for example possibility to add internal comments between mails is game changing feature itself. Especially nowdays when you can add screenshots and direct links to another mails with message ID to comments.

-Snoozing mails is awesome. It’s easy to forget to get back to something within an hour or two (or maybe next year!) if you are handling hundreds of mails per day. Snoozing them will take a huge load of needless stress away since you can just snooze and forget it until it’s relevant again.

-Rules are also creating a real impact. Every customer has their own special wishes, which we of course want to fulfill. But when there are huge amount of customers this can sometimes be hard. With rules it’s easy to use tags creatively to get reminded about exceptions. Or for example move certain mails automatically to different inbox, notify certain users, assing mail to a user etc. You can create fairly complex rules where the rule can apply to mails which are received on Mondays between 10-12 a clock, if it has an attachment. Just as an example.

-Editing contacts/groups is quick and easy. You can easily add company name to that super unclear mail sender, so you don’t have to try and remember each time from which company this customer was again.

-Message/Conversation/Topic ID. Great tool to store important mails for later use. Linking mails directly to Trello cards is also nice feature.

-Integrations/Plugins/API. Front is very interesting and modern platform. There are a lot possibilities already and huge amount of potential in future too.

-Analytics are simple to use and there are a lot interesting information to dig through. Now it’s easy to get a clear overall view when the biggest mass of mails is usually received etc. This for example makes it well visible at what time of day you likely need more resources for mail handling.

-Constant development. Front is always open for the new ideas which does makes it stand out as a service probider. Naturally every idea does not catch fire, but new features are appearing rather frequently and huge majority of them do make well sense. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

-Searching. It has improved a lot during the last year, but it’s still not quite there yet. Luckily there is message ID’s, which you can copy and save (to ERP for example) to find mails later with ease, but that does not fully eliminate the need for using search occasionally. This is one of the biggest complains I hear about Front.

-Somewhat messy overall feeling. Sometimes conversations can be hard to follow. This applies especially for users who don’t use it all the time. Especially older folk tend to have problems but even younger and not-so-technical users can be heard saying ”I don’t understand anything about this”. After certain amount of time huge majority will get used to it, but be prepared to give users proper education when you start using Front. It is very important to learn to keep things clean all the time and archive mails which are handled, or snooze them which cannot be handled yet. At first it also can be hard to trust that every mail is handled properly, but usually Shared with me-folder saves the day even if someone accidentally archives a mail which is still left unanswered etc.

-Somewhat limited ways to organize your personal inbox. Tags serve as folders, but since basetags do not activate if mail arrives under a subtag, it’s really not an option to create complex folder-like structures.

-This is not possible in any system I am aware of, so mentioning this might not be fair. But it’s not possible to create a view where all the mails under a certain tag would be visible at the same time, whether they are archived or open. This is possible with creating a ”link” if of the mail, but this cannot be automatized and sometimes you would need to have an ability to control certain cases and see the whole situation in one view.

-Some amount of minor bugs and anomalies. Nothing major, but occasionally this creates a need for restarting desktop app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go ahead any try it. It's easy to do a trial and see if it works for you or not. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

All in all, Front does solve many issues and does create few new. But if you have problems in knowing what has been done and taken care of, how mails have been replied and a lot mail mass is coming to wrong place, Front does great job in making things whole a lot clearer. It is not particularly cheap, but since it has made a real positive impact to our daily work and has improved our customer care (which was exceptionally good already), I’d say it’s worth every cent.

It does have a huge potential as an platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Partner Performance Lead
What do you like best?

Being able to share and tag my colleagues into emails and group conversations is extremely helpful. Keeping private conversations about certain emails physically attached to the email chain keeps everything extremely organized and easily searchable. The shared folders and filing system are intuitive. As a single user, gmail works fine. But as a group/team, Front is an invaluable tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not everyone in my company has front since it's not free, so I can't tag everyone in my Front conversations and emails. There isn't a way (that I know of) to know if someone is using Front without asking them. So I can tag someone in a conversation without realizing that they can't see it or know about it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Front allows my team to have organized group conversations about specific topics without having to create a million Slack channels Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account Manager
What do you like best?

I like that you can keep your inbox clean and organized by archiving emails and tagging them. It helps manage multiple clients.I also like the collaboration you can do with fellow employees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

To get the most out of Front you have to put some effort into it. You need to set aside a few minutes a day to keep your inbox clean or the method Front uses will not be effective. If you are a super busy person, like most people are, then that can be a challenge. It takes more than just checking your inbox. But I do feel that it is worth the effort.

Also, the search function is not great. Finding an old email that maybe didn't get tagged is hard to do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Collaborative projects can be a challenge but Front makes it super easy. By using Front my colleagues and I can stay on the same page as we manage a project. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Sales
What do you like best?

Front makes email management so quick and easy it is an absolute dream.

Snooze lower priority emails?... yes please!

Share, discuss and assign emails with my team as well as managing online chat = winning!\

Also being able to add notes to emails that are internally visible only and work on draft emails with colleagues means you can truly collaborate efficiently. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly? Not much to dislike.

Maybe a more complete dark theme Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Email management efficiency and team collaboration.

No more missed emails due to not having time and your inbox filling up and burying them - just snooze to a later time or date based on priority.

Immediately loop in relevant team members to get up to speed straight away and be able to contribute - no more class/meetings to discuss an email thread. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Project Manager
What do you like best?

I appreciate that you can allocate emails to various entities and have different teams, in which emails can be instantly archived. I know that I have my own department directory and e-mails that is helpful in my role in the overall flow and operational aspects. I like also how simple automatic messages, also called canned email responses are to be processed and arranged. As a draft, I also like to post. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Often my messages are missed and never are answered by the receiver who should have received them. Many users in an email chain may create issues, it can be helpful for those users to conceal a chat. The desktop version's notification prefers are broad and informative, but telephone app preferences are more simple. I must go to the desktop edition and change it if I want to change the unique warning settings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You should suggest this tool if the organization wants a communicating method more effectively. View or document the Front tutorials live so that you can appreciate the implementation without wasting time with this marvelous method. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Front was the perfect solution to the organization's wishes and to know who manages what e-mail. It makes my job much more effective and makes communicating simpler. To address the need to clarify those email contexts and allow others access while they're gone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Operations Lead
What do you like best?

Best for office job than Gmail. The user interface is very nice and you can read e-mails very easily, email, copy and highlight them. The cooperation between my office and other departments in our company has been greatly increased. The right person will obtain and operate on all the details he wants easily using a fast tag. Our team uses the collaborative draft function often too, helping us to fine-tune in real time the most sensitive communication. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Often these functions function very slowly. Search still doesn't work right. It is not really helpful to chat. In addition, aside from certain functions, it is not convenient to use or recognize all the minor functions so I do not use them. Sometimes, for short periods, the site is hung or unacceptable. This occurred over the past year many times and is normally not that upsetting. However, a reliable service will be fantastic. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It facilitates contact and teamwork among the company's various departments, saves time, is very effective and all e-mails can be accessed at once. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is the easiest way for emails to be received and reviewed. It saves time, is highly effective and I can see all e-mails simultaneously. I can copy my mails very quickly. I can even search previous posts, tag people, set alerts and even tag my e-mails. I love how easy it is to use Front to send mails. Front lets me answer customer questions very quickly, work in and through teams and ensure that nothing spills out – a huge challenge we encountered prior to Front's deployment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Operations Lead
What do you like best?

You can conveniently use and customize this program. It helps me to be more able to give the best answers to my customers. It's quick to coordinate not just with me, but also with my team mates. With its automation devices, we are able to take different steps to control, apply, delegate tasks and mark the workflow concerned. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I still believe like there is more space for growth, the dash looks cumbersome and I sometimes missed the true message due to bulk tools. Comparing the functionality and the price is a costly instrument, and more plans are required and running costs can be properly measured. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is an outstanding instrument that delivers the most powerful and efficient facilities. It offers excellent email and collaboration. We will improve our customers' reaction by using them. This is a fantastic tool to keep your clients in touch. It is useful for online businesses irrespective of the form of the product, but not for company setups of B2B type. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We will now make the most of the teamwork. It's also very easy to monitor my workflow and to take all actions and responses on my site into consideration. Overall productivity has increased and I have a lot of workload to deal with. It helped us to chat with customers live and even emails are immediately eliminated here, so I can handle my other social media from the front line of the page. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I think it is the perfect tool for teams that have to deal with common clients, but that at the same time need to assign some specific messages to different teammates. It offers a very simple system of email assignments that makes the process quite fast. Also, the are a lot of shortcuts, which allows to work more efficiently, and the system of tags works very well too. Finally, it has a feature that lets you see, as a sender, if the client/candidate opened and saw the message. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I should allow the company that uses Front to collect more data about how Front is being used: number of received or sent emails, by whom, under which categories, weekly reports... So an improved metrics system. Also, it should fix the problem of automatically leaving as open an email when you click on it, as it can cause the accidental loss of important info Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps you a lot if your main need is dealing with great amounts of clients or providers, as it helps you managing high volumes of messages. It also improves the coordination between teams and teammates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the ability to easily share inboxes and I like the ability to comment on Emails with my team members before or sending or responding to an Email. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Lack of integration with Gmail and limited search functions. Since we are a G-Suite company (and so many companies are now) I really need to be able to do things like access all of my teams contacts, schedule events in Google Calendar from an Email, drop files in the Google Shared drives, access my Google Task List and embed videos into an Email. While I like certain things about Front I also miss the functionality of Gmail and the integration with all of Googles tools Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Front offers Email inbox collaboration, helpful Metrics tracking and the ability to auto-tag Client communication. It is easy to use and has a helpful support team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are trying to track the quality of customer communication as well as to track response times with customers. Share inboxes are very helpful, Company rules are very helpful and Fronts metrics are also very helpful Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Project Manager
What do you like best?

It's a wonderful app that helps us to exchange emails without wasteing any time. In an email, we can even connect internally. Through this method, I have a great experience. Configuration is amazingly simple. Canned responses, especially for the automotive industries, are very easy to use. The rules are realistic and one can be quickly created. I love the "contact" page, where I can see all that the contact has received and what we sent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's no spam in the search module, so I often skip those addresses. I have often skipped major messages because of the cumbersome dashboard. Compared with other rivals, it's very costly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend that you use this platform if you want to properly contact your clients. He gives consumers often excellent services. It's very easy to use when everything's packed. It can take some time with the rules and all, but you can connect virtually all that you want: Google Drive, Google Conference, your schedule, Hubspot. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can deal with Front even more easily and keep an email track. I see what's left to be done instantly. I will still give the correct answer so I can clearly see what I have previously sent to our contact. This is the best innovation that makes my workflows easy to handle. It plays a significant role in improving our company's competitiveness. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Being able to use/ add tags and use them as "folders" it just makes work extremely easy.

Love the Comment box as well.

"Share draft" is also a great and useful feature Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is not a dislike, rather than a feedback :)

- Would be great to have the possibility to choose how we want the email order to be displayed. Currently, new emails are moved at the bottom, but this is not the best view for everyone.

- The mobile app works pretty slow and the fact that the default order is to add new emails at the end, it takes too much time to be able to read the emails.

- While we have "Pin" option for the Comments section, would be great to have a "default" Pin and choose whether you need this option or not. In a bigger team, it is possible for someone to miss using the Pin and the information can be missed afterwards.

- Maybe I'm missing something, but it doesn't seem to have the "Pin" option on the mobile version (to be able to view pinned comment).

- sometimes, the link we add in a tag is not working (it opens a new Front page instead of the hyperlinked page) . couldn't see a pattern however, so cannot provide additional details. it just happens sometimes Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

useful app Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In a team, being able to "mark as read" an email for every members and the fact that we can see when someone is answering is extremely useful

It saves time, first of all, and helps minimize errors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Having various mailboxes all funnel to one Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The Windows app can be SLIGHTLY unstable Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have a large team working in a single inbox (or a group of inboxes) this is essential software. The communication and collaboration is allows adds so much to productivity that it's basically a necessity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing over 20 mailboxes + Facebook chat + overflow forwarded from LiveChat. I'm not sure what we would do without it.

Being able to work as part of a large team using comments and threads within the mailboxes makes the workflow seamless.

Also having an email client where I can have my work email not interfering with my personal email is amazing. Previously both myself and my work used Outlook and it was a pain having both together. Now I can separate work and personal tasks, plus Front is better than Outlook in many ways (not all, but many)! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

Front has drastically improved collaboration both within my team and across various teams in our organization. With a quick tag, the right person can quickly receive and act on all the information they need. Our team also frequently uses the shared drafts feature, allowing us to fine-tune more delicate communications in real-time. We have many shared inboxes, and Front allows us to very easily track who is responding to what and when, and to easily share and use canned responses and other features. Since implementing it across our organization, we have dramatically reduced the number of accidentally overlooked or "slip-through-the-cracks" communications. There are also many additional features that I have yet to discover! Thank you to the Front team! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the site crashes or is unresponsive for brief periods. This has happened a handful of times in the past year and is usually not too disruptive. Still, it would be great to have consistent service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Front allows me to very easily respond to customer queries, collaborate within and across teams, and ensure that nothing slips through the cracks, a big problem we used to face before implementing Front! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.