Freshping (Formerly Insping) Reviews & Product Details

Founder
Internet
What do you like best?

I like Freshping the most for its user friendliness, cost efficiency, 3-month data storage, and beautiful charts. Initial setup process and first site configuration works flawless; system allows free users to store up 3 months worth of uptime data (where others do 1 month); data is presented in very nice charts (useful when you need to screenshot and blog about it). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not a major issue but they used to store more data (speed) for longer period (6 months). These features were changed quickly and little buffer time were given to users to react. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Freshping to track web host uptime and response speed at BuildThis.io and WHSR. Freshping is, in particular, better than other tools online as the system keeps users' uptime records (under free account) for up to three months. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Freshping (Formerly Insping) Overview

What is Freshping (Formerly Insping)?

Reliable & FREE FOREVER uptime and performance monitoring tool for startups, SMB's, Bloggers, Managed Service providers (MSPs) and DevOps communities. 50 Monitors, 1-minute interval, Public status pages, Multi-user login (30 users), Slack/SMS/Email alerts - FREE FOREVER

Freshping (Formerly Insping) Details

Freshping (Formerly Insping) is a simple Uptime & Performance monitoring tool which helps monitoring uptime/downtime, outages and performance of websites, APIs, web services, web applications with instant outage/down time alerts.

Freshworks
3,715 employees on LinkedIn®

Freshping (Formerly Insping) Screenshots

Freshping (Formerly Insping) Reviews

Showing 680 Freshping (Formerly Insping) reviews
Already have Freshping (Formerly Insping)?
Agency Owner
Soporte Técnico | Servicio de Voz y Conectividad | Customer Care Corporativo
What do you like best?

I really like that this company offers the possibility to new small/starter companies to enter this world and continue growing up with this common and useful tool that most companies have it. If you search this kind of service, you'll see that is very expensive. But Freshping offers you the opportunity to start with a lot of great features and for free. Also is absolutely great that you can integrate (for free too) this with Freshstatus (another tool that have same features and for free, forever). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This service doesn't have anything that I dislike. Just a small recommendation would be to have support in another languages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think freshping and at least freshstatus, are the best options is you are starting your business. Also considering that they have and excellent support. If you need something, just ask them. If you want to do feedback, report an error, etc. you can do it and they will answer. 100% recommended. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Now I don't have to be all the time monitoring my services. I can use that time to do improve them. Also with the integration with Freshstatus, I've created rules that executes automatically, so I don't have to create the incididents manually. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Freshping (Formerly Insping)
What do you like best?

It used to send out a bunch of emails, which was spammy. However, they had fixed that and Freshping is actually a pretty good alternative to all those really expensive status pages. It's very helpful in giving detailed analytics and also very clean looking. Also, it is VERY ACCURATE. I like that it integrates with Freshservice and Freshdesk. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There aren't many integrations and there STILL isn't Freshstatus integration! I believe it's been 2 years, it's "coming soon" everywhere you look. I don't like to use Zapier that often, so having to connect to Zapier in order to post status updates is not useful for me. If they added that Freshstatus integration, that problem would be gone. One thing that is great is their support, it is really helpful, but they do take time to respond which could be a problem is Freshping is reporting something inaccurate. They're various errors as well, but they don't ruin Freshping entirely. On top of all that, I believe the team for Freshstatus and Freshping are pretty close (or maybe the same), so I don't know why they don't just combine them. Statuspage doesn't have monitoring and it would create an AMAZING advantage over it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use Zapier for most integrations, maybe even set up Twilio. If you encounter problems, contact support. Don't ask them about Freshstatus as they always seem to just respond by saying it is coming soon. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're a startup so something that can help diagnose the **only** place we sell products is very useful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love how Freshping is free, but yet provides a good base product to use. The paid services aren't pricey either, so it's pretty affordable in that regard. Another good feature is that it sends you an email each time the server is unreachable. There are also integrations with third party services that also can alert you if one of your services aren't reachable. So there is always a way to get notified about your monitored services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are two products that that I believe should be combined, FreshPing and FreshStatus. They are working on integrating those two, but the progress has been very slow. Another dislike, is how it's slightly harder to put our own URL has a mask for their provided URL. They provide the ability to put your own domain, however, the SSL certificate isn't under the free plan. This would be okay if the non-SSL url worked, but it doesn't. It automatically gets redirected to the SSL url, which is then blocked by the browser because the domains don't match. Therefore, the custom domain is useless unless you upgrade to the Garden Plan. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We provide an API service to our customers, so utilizing Freshping has been tremendous for us. It allowed us to setup a status page fairly quickly and hook that into our site so that our customers can always keep track of our uptime for their SLA. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It was really easy and fast to setup/move our agents to freshping. We really like what this service offers, and can say that is a great solution if you need a good alerting and monitoring for your company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Currently one downside is (as far I understand till now) there is no way to react to HTTP/HTTPS response codes. That would be really helpful. Also it would be good to make HTTPS also possible for the custom status-URL, as it is empowering Security. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I propose other companies to make a short evaluation and try out a test/demo run.

As freshping is pretty easy to setup, you will quickly understand how much it works for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are monitoring our system and services and it gives us the possibility to react to downtimes with fast alerts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The best thing I like about Freshping is it can monitor the uptime of a website at a one-minute interval even being a free tool. And it can monitor up to 50 pages. Excellent! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have not yet found anything like this about Freshping. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Freshping is a great tool to check the uptime of any website. It will help you to diagnose some common but important problems with your blog or website. You can confidently use it and the other free tools from this company without any hesitation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am checking the uptime of my website. It is helping to figure out if my website is down. It also shows the average response time. This metric is also nifty. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

Our company currently uses Freshworks products across many different areas of our business, the easy of integrating Freshping with these system add's to its functionality. I use this everyday to monitor our sites uptime and if any errors have happen out side of our business hours. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Increased integrations with CMS and ecommerce would be nice I.E monitoring services or parts of the site e.g. Catalog, Checkout, Backend etc. Mainly to reduce the amount of custom programming required. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recently we had noticed sporadic downtime, at a regular pattern. This allow us to diagnose an issue with our load balances and increase our overall uptime back too 99.99% Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Looked at a number of different countries who offer a similar service. I tried and few of them but nothing compared. I like that we can set the interval to 1 minute. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

limt of 50 on the free plan, its not really a bad thing lol. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Forget trying other companies offering similar products, You will waste your time. Try them first. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I really need to keep all my sites online and this is so quick at checking a site and letting me know if there are any issues.

Takes a lot of stress away and keep a constant eye on the site. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director
What do you like best?

Fast and simple way to keep tabs on availability of our web server Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike, it just does what it says on the tin Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a simple (and free) way to monitor your server availability, then this is a great way to go. If you already use other FreshWorks products, then it is even better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As a remote business with a small team, we often don't know when there is a problem with availability of our site until a customer reports a problem. Now we will know much earlier so can send out communication to users and check for issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

It lets you know if your sight is down.. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly... Nothing. I love the solution Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As the title of my review stated. The solution that you did not know that you needed but once you find it cannot live without. Once you have FreshPing deployed you will come to realize that it is a tool that provides you quick and easy insight into your customers environment and allows you and your team insights ahead of that customer call. Thus allowing for quick response from you and or from your team. FreshPing is a tool that will stay active in my tool set to support our customer base for here on out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It provides a quick insight to the reliability of the solutions that I have deployed in the field for my customers. It helps us to determine if and when a customer of ours may be having a network issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It's free forever! And it provides good free basic monitoring. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It makes the load times look much smaller than they actually are. When I send a URL with uptime stats to my service provider, they always talk about how good the load times look. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get Freshping going on all the websites where you may need to submit uptime or response time in order to get support to solve intermittent problems. Hosts like *Bluehost* always want to solve your problem 'for right now', but they never commit to solve those intermittently recurring problems, and a response time history is your only way to show them that they aren't solving your problem. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

monitoring for multiple wordpress sites that are hosted with a very spotty service provider (bluehost, Shared server Pro) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO & Founder
What do you like best?

Automatic monitoring and alerting of how my websites are running. I use multiple Freshworks products and so am pleased how well they integrate. Especially the FreshStatus integration with FreshPing. Which has become very helpful for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not have anything that I would like them to change or that I dislike. I absolutely love the solution! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Automatic monitoring and incident creation (only with FreshStatus Integration) has saved our team a ton of team that would have been wasted on monitoring the sites. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Co-Founder
What do you like best?

I like the email notifications I receive to inform me of my websites downtime. This means I can take a proactive approach to warning my users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I feel like some more features should be free and their branding should be a little more subtle on the free tiers. I feel like SSL should just be free and having their name in the title of the site is a bit too much. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am solving the issue of downtime, prior to using Freshping, I had no idea when my website was down. Freshping allows me to be ahead of support requests and allows users to visit a status page. Being a two person small business this free service has helped us a lot. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AT
What do you like best?

The most helpful thing is that it's easy to use and setup. The ability to create a public status page builds trust with our customers. To have the ability to be alerted when an issue arises gives our team the ability to act fast. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

UDP monitoring is a little confusing. It would be helpful to give some example of command strings to ensure success. At the moment the only integration is with Zapier which has it's own issues at the moment on it's own. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Solving the ability to see if our services are available from the outside. Providing a public status page to monitor availability. A benefit is having the ability to see response times. Seeing response times can help us improve and fine tune our services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Freshping offers a ton of features for free, it's excellent for startupsand small businesses. We'll definitely upgrade when the time comes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Freshping has no integration with Freshstatus yet, but soon it'll, since the developers are working on it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend to use it along with the IFTTT app to send a call to your phobe when your systems are down. It's totally free Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We needed a tool for monitoring all our infrastructure. We tested a lot of them, but Freshping was the only one to pack such ammount of features for free. Now it's pretty easy for us to monitor our Web Application Servers with Freshping. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President
What do you like best?

It does what it needs to do. Checks websites to see if they are up and displays the information on a public website. It's easy to configure websites to report information and of course it's free so I can't really complain too much. Being free I think I have a fair deal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would very much like more control over the page itself. Particularly the colors which I can't change. Also the upload of the logo is extremely particular. I had to upload it a dozen times in different formats despite every one fitting the guidelines requested. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you like simple, this is ideal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Public page showing uptime of various servers. It allows us to show customers information about our services without having to field phone calls. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

I was surprised by the tons of features (different types of checks, 1min check frequency, integrations) available in the service for free. In free feature richness Freshping is definitely much better than other similar free services.

User interface is very convenient, intuitive and easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have noticed some lack (or not easy to find documentation) and help. Looks like knowledge base covers things which are already intuitively clear in interface but as it comes to details or technical details information is missing. I was unable to find answers to couple of questions that arose in process of configuring.

Also that would be nice to have some HTTP API to access checks data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm using Freshping to monitor my private servers. As its personal and nonprofit I'm searching for free monitoring solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Clean design. Integrations with Freshworks ecosystem.

First 50 URL monitoring for free is great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't have subscriber section for statuspage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For any business wanting to have a simple and easy to use monitoring solution that they can deploy quickly for their customers, than Freshping is the easiest. Another aspect to consider is that there are alot of monitoring solutions which can be a sticky product that alot of businesses don't change quickly. An added feature of Freshping is the fact that it can scale easily and provide further capability by integrating with other Freshworks products BUT can also be used to point to other support/ticketing systems. Thats a key part to keep in mind for anyone looking at deploying a monitoring solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Monitoring of my businesses websites as well as providing for customer base. So can create tickets quickly to assist customers more effectively. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

FreshPing is free to use so that's awesome for a startup like me. Nice UI and easy to setup and use. It looks like a lot of 3rd party sites can integrate with FreshPing as well. It has status pages as well which is great, since its included into the product. Also, it auto integrates into the FreshDesk system so it can open tickets for us as well if something goes down. Having eyes on this and knowing when it happens, is so important. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish it did server monitoring as well for Gcloud, AWS, and Azure so we can monitor other things, much like Site24x7 does. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We need a simple uptime monitor and this seems to do the trick. We need a way to let customers know when our website, systems, or api's are down so we are not doing this manually from our support desk. Freshping helps with that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.